Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Fox River Grove
Help support “Diaper Drive” this month Feb 17, 2015 8:50 PM
Senior Care Volunteer Network, in partnership with the Diaper Bank of Northern Illinois, is hosting an adult diaper drive to help support local seniors in need. Did you know healthy but incontinent seniors often become home bound if they cannot afford products? $100 will provide these much needed products to a senior for an entire month! The drive will be held Feb. 16-27.
Group works to help veterans return to civilian life Feb 17, 2015 2:57 PM
The first Meet-Up and fundraiser for A Warriors Mind is planned for 5 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 21, at the Thirsty Whale Bar & Grill in Algonquin. “Operation Rally Point” will feature Bomber Betty Girls, giveaways, massages from Fox River Spa, dicounts from local shops and more.
Learn about beekeeping at gardening program Feb 16, 2015 10:12 AM
The Four Seasons Gardening program from University of Illinois Extension continues with a session titled, “Beekeeping for the Home Gardener.” The program will be offered at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 19, via computer at the McHenry County Extension office in Woodstock.
Learn what it takes to get ideas into laws Feb 16, 2015 8:58 PM
4-H members in Illinois will learn how ideas become law during a mock debate in the Chambers of the Illinois House of Representatives March 27-28 in Springfield. Delegates will debate mock bills using the same process used by real legislators in the Illinois House and Senate, including use of the House microphones and voting buttons to determine the fate of various bills. 4-H members who were at least 14 years of age by Sept. 1, 2014 may register online at go.illinois.edu/4hgreatdebate by March 13.
Unidentified Body Found in North Carolina Has Streamwood Connection Feb 17, 2015 1:00 AM
The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children's Facebook site, Help ID Me, recently contacted Streamwood Behavioral Healthcare System to help spread the word to local resources in hopes that the young man might be identified. New technology helped to produce an image to show what the unidentified teenager may have looked like. Help give him back his name. John Doe is a Caucasian male between the ages of 15-20, who had short, light brown hair, stood five feet nine inches tall and weighed 171 pounds. He was wearing jeans, a blue plaid long-sleeved shirt, a brown jacket and sneakers. Investigators believe he was transient for some time prior to his death, and may have lost touch with relatives. They believe he spent time in Florida, Illinois and Tennessee before arriving in North Carolina. If you have any information, please call 1-800-THE-LOST. A complete story can be found by the Crossroads Chronicle here: http://www.crossroadschronicle.com/pages/full_story_free/push?article-Body+still+unidentified+after+31+years%20&id=26459663&instance=top_stories Link to National Center for Missing & Exploited Children Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/HelpIDMe
TMA’s Zach Mottl Appointed to United States Manufacturing Panel Feb 16, 2015 7:20 AM
TMA’s Zach Mottl Appointed to United States Manufacturing Panel
Fox River Grove candidates weigh in on downtown redevelopment Feb 12, 2015 5:30 AM
Fox River Grove’s downtown redevelopment and shaping the next 100 years of the tiny McHenry County town are top priorities for candidates vying to become village trustees. Five candidates — incumbent Steve Knar, and challengers Patrick Wall, Jennifer Curtiss, Christopher Russell and Chester Olencheck — are running for three, 4-year term seats on the village board April 7.
First Detector workshops share key insights on invasive species in Illinois Feb 12, 2015 8:13 PM
More than 40 horticulture industry professionals and experienced gardeners learned about critical pest issues during the 2015 Illinois First Detector Workshop in Wheaton. Each year, the Illinois First Detector Program presents key information on invasive pests, diseases and plants through workshops in eight locations across Illinois, including the Feb. 3 event at Cantigny Gardens.
Woodstock Theatre dedicates Ramis Auditorium as part of Groundhog Day celebration Feb 12, 2015 6:21 PM
The movie “Groundhog Day” was shot in and around Woodstock and an annual citywide festival is staged to honor this memorable film.
Get your tickets for Home of the Sparrow luncheon Feb 12, 2015 10:44 AM
Home of the Sparrow invites you to the annual women’s luncheon, “There’s No Place Like Home,” Friday, March 6, at D’Andrea Banquets & Conference Center in Crystal Lake.
Kohl’s Cares to award $400,000 in scholarships Feb 12, 2015 10:59 AM
Kohl’s Cares Scholarship Program recently announced it will award nearly $400,000 in scholarships and prizes to more than 2,500 students who have made a positive impact on their communities.
Senior Care Volunteer Network to host painting fundraiser Feb 12, 2015 10:53 AM
Join the Senior Care Volunteer Network for a “Paint & Sip Fun-Raiser” event at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, March 4, at Muse Art Studio in Crystal Lake.
Area Artists & Craftsatists Invited to Jury to Participate in May 9 25th Annual Park Ridge Show Feb 12, 2015 7:11 AM
Area Artists & Craftsatists Invited to Jury to Participate in May 9 25th Annual Park Ridge Show
Explore ‘Music of the Civil Rights Movement’ on Sunday Feb 11, 2015 11:41 AM
The Algonquin Area Public Library invites the community to hear “Music of the Civil Rights Movement” at 2 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 15, at the Eastgate Branch. Award-winning folk singer Chris Vallillo performs essential songs and discusses the importance of music to this vital chapter in American history.
Call for artists for “Art for the Paws” Feb 11, 2015 6:21 PM
Helping Paws Animal Shelter will host “Art for the Paws,” a fundraiser and community outreach project for the arts in McHenry County. People of all abilities and skill levels are encouraged to participate to create small works of art in a variety of mediums. Just 300 6-inch by 6-inch canvases will be made available to the public to create art in any subject matter, not just animal related.
Girl Scout Cookie Delivery Day at Lake County Fairgrounds Feb 16, 2015 3:43 PM
Lake County Fairground management has graciously donated the use of their facility located at 1060 E. Peterson Road in Grayslake to the Girl Scouts for their annual cookie delivery day taking place on Tuesday, February 17, 2015.
St. Margaret Mary 7th Annual Shamrock Shave Feb 10, 2015 9:43 PM
Introduced seven years ago with low expectations, the Shamrock Shave benefit has quickly grown to become a major area fundraising event at St. Margaret Mary Parish in Algonquin. On Saturday, March 14, organizers estimate that more than 60 men, women and children will shave their heads to raise money for community families in need and for cancer research.
Victory Rock Fellowship to host a free Family Movie Night Feb 10, 2015 8:55 PM
Victory Rock Fellowship will host a free Family Movie Night at 6:30 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 21. The movie will be “When the Game Stands Tall,” rated PG. Based on a true story of the most winning team in sports history, this movie delivers a message of inspiration, hope and overcoming tragedy.
Presidents’ Issue New Report on Granting Baccalaureate Degrees for Various Fields Feb 5, 2015 4:17 PM
Illinois Council of Community College Presidents NORMAL Illinois community college presidents approved a recommendation urging the community college system be allowed to grant four-year baccalaureate degrees for nursing and other applied career areas at their meeting on Friday, January 30. “This recommendation, which took nearly one year to study and prepare, shows our community colleges can be the place where students can earn the degrees close to home which is important to their families and communities,” said Thomas Choice, the president of the Illinois Council of Community College Presidents. The study recommends community colleges be authorized to grant four-year degrees for applied careers and nursing degrees. Illinois would join 21 others states already offering these four-year degrees. Illinois officials have discussed the concept and experiences for families in other states for several years. “Our study indicates many employers across the state need a workforce with a higher level of education. Community colleges are uniquely positioned with their strong industry and workforce relationships to provide these programs” said Carl Sandberg College President Lori Sundberg. Sundberg chaired the committee that wrote the report. The Council will work with the Illinois Community College Trustees Association, the Illinois Community College Board, the Illinois Board of Higher Education and the legislature to ensure the necessary steps to move forward. Choice, who is president of Kishwaukee College in Malta Illinois, noted the report recommends the addition of these programs be managed without any additional state funding. It is anticipated that the variable tuition program already used by many community colleges for career and technical degrees would be used for these four-year degrees. The applied baccalaureate degrees would cover fields like automotive, respiratory therapy and dental hygiene among others.
GLMV Chamber Names 2015 board of directors Feb 16, 2015 1:41 PM
The Green Oaks, Libertyville, Mundelein, Vernon Hills (GLMV) Chamber of Commerce named its 2015 board of directors.
- Mediocre foes bring out the worst in the Hawks
- Rolling Meadows man charged with convenience store robbery
- Chef Massimo's Vegan Puttanesca Sauce
- Watchdog group questions more COD contracts
- Signing Ball gives Bears depth at cornerback
- FACT CHECK: Myths in the political roar over Common Core
- Rauner's immigration message leaves advocates perplexed
- Backup options for Internet lines can be costly, complicated
- Prosecutor: Family heard murder victim's screams
- Ex-Islamic Foundation finance director admits theft
- Kuma's Corner coming to Schaumburg in July
- Tollway sets higher speed limits, bucks state law
- Snow leads to slick roads, accidents in the suburbs
- Budget fix averts shutdowns but cuts schools
- Why man is still paying for a 2004 speeding ticket
- Aurora cousins accused of plotting to bring 'flames of war' to suburbs
- Police: Huntley man killed his wife
- Schaumburg donor drive seeks match for nurse
- Volo woman charged after bank robbery in Grayslake
- Obama talks drug war with 'The Wire' creator David Simon
- Why man is still paying for a 2004 speeding ticket
- 15 trucks hit new railroad bridge in Bensenville
- Change in constitution is only permanent solution to pension crisis
- College of DuPage faculty: Endorsed candidates will bring integrity to board
- Imrem: Time will tell if Bears made a poor decision
- North: Time for DePaul to hire the right coach
- Signing Ball gives Bears depth at cornerback
- Ex-Islamic Foundation finance director admits theft
- Boys volleyball: Scouting the Fox Valley
- COD should not need PR firm
- CUSTOMER SERVICE - Customer Support We are an Independent Food Broker located in the Western Suburbs of Chicago in business for 15 years. Summary: Manage client accounts and support Account Managers to ensure client, customer and company expectation are adhered to. Support Sales Team with order entry and sales presentations Assist with daily account management for select client accounts Ensure order entry database is maintained with accurate client/customer information Resolves problems in an efficient and courteous manner Organizes and files client correspondence, contracts, bill backs and deductions Process client claims and deductions for repayment Issue client check drafts in a timely and accurate manner and maintain log accurately Process misc. sales and customer service correspondence as needed Perform month end reporting invoicing for various account Requirements: Excellent customer service skills Strong organization, problem solving analytical and time management skills Attention to detail Outstanding written and verbal communication skills Taking initiative; strong sense of task completion Trustworthy; ability to handle confidential and sensitive information Able to work in a fast paced environment, organized, able to multi task TEAM orientated and hard working Prompt attendance Must be efficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) 2+ Years Sales Support or Customer Service College degree preferred Please send resume to HR@ISIMIDWEST.COM (id:4400672) BANQUET SERVERS / BARTENDERS - Waitstaff exp'd needed for premier Banquet facility in Palatine. Wkend hrs. Only energtic, dependable people apply. Compensation depends on exp. For appt. call 847-934-5500. (id:4401825) DRIVER - Drivers: Local P&D and Line Haul Openings! Great Home-Time, Pay & Benefits! CDL-A w/X & T, 1yr Exp. Req. (EOE/AA) Old Dominion Freight Line Call Tom Doyle: 1-800-245-2321 (id:4401893)
- INSIDE SALES - Entry Level Inside Sales Looking for mechanically inclined individuals interested in working for a supplier to the automotive, heavy truck, agricultural, and associated industries. Will train. Opportunity for someone without a lot of experience but with a strong desire for future growth. $15-$18/Hr, Mthly Bonus, Benefits. AFI Industries, Inc. 630-871-7815 e-mail: email@example.com (id:4401298) JOB FAIR - DLI JOB FAIR on 4/11 starting at 9:00 am Aurora & Bolingbrook Locations EXP & New Grad CDL A Local Home Daily Routes Available Call 630-633-8398 Walk-ins welcome 505 W Crossroads Parkway Ste A Bolingbrook (id:4401284) IT AUDITOR - IT Auditor -Ingredion Inc (Westchester, IL): Perform integrated IT audit procedures, incl identifying & defining issues, dvlpg criteria, reviewing & analyzing evidence, & documenting bus. processes & procedures. Participate in finl audit planning & finl audit prog dvlpmt impacted by IT controls. Eval. adequacy & effectiveness of controls rel. to IT governance, app syss & interfaces, dvlpmt & implementation, logical access & IT data center ops. Determine operational status of IT controls, compliance w/ company policies, standards, procedures, & applicable statutes & govt regs. Comm results of audit projects via written & oral presentations to mgmt. Resp for prep written audit reports for all levels of mgmt, detailing audit findings, conclusions, & agreed-upon corrective actions. Prep audit work papers & flowcharts in order to doc & sppt audit findings & conclusions. Identify improvement oppties & dvlpmt of action plans to enhance bus. process & IT syss integration. Resp for identifying & eval. orgs risk areas & provide input to dvlpmt of Audit Plan, which entails examining, analyzing & interpreting acctg recs such as journal entries & master data. Dvlp working relationships w/ internal stake- holders & global Internal Audit team members to deliver results, support bus. performance, & advice on syss of recording costs & IT-rel. budget data. Min Reqts: Bach in CS, Bus. Admin, Acctg or rel., plus 2 yrs IT Audit exp in public acctg &/or internal audit. Must incl exp in perform- ing data analyses of complex bus. data, auditing SAP Apps & Basis controls (e.g., FI, CO, MM & SD modules) & auditing IT infrastructure controls rel. to dbase & operating syss. Exp reqd in integrated IT/Bus. risk & control concepts rel. to SAP App Controls, Syss Dvlpmt Life Cycle (SDLC), Cloud Computing & IT General Controls. 30% travel reqd to attend trade shows, conferences, trainings, & client sites. Pls send resume to: Krsto (Kris) Nisavic, HR, Ingredion, Inc. 5 Westbrook Corporate Ctr, Westchester, IL 60154. Must specify job code Ing1-2015. EOE, MFDV. (id:4401793)
- DRIVER - MDC Environmental Services is currently hiring for driving positions. Applicants must be a Class-B CDL driver with air brake en-dorsement. Drivers are responsible for collection and hand loading of residential waste, as well as the transporting of this waste by front or rear load truck. This position will be extensive near-continuous physical exertion. We offer full benefit package that includes medical, dental, 401(k). Previous experience a plus. You must fill out an application and return to the Human Resources department at 5450 Wansford Way, Suite 201, Rockford, IL 61109 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Equal Opportunity Employer. Please locate our applications on: http://www.rresvcs.com/careers/employment-application EOE (id:4401910) RESTAURANT - Restaurant -Garibaldi's Restaurant in Arlington Hts., or Hoffman Estates, FT & PT positions available: counter help, pizza makers, delivery drivers, grill cooks. Call between 9a & 11a or 2p-4p. 847-577-4000 (id:4401439) DIRECTOR OF FACILITIES MANAGEMENT - Education -Arlington Heights School District 25 / Director of Facilities Management Opening: 12 mo/Full Benefits Preferred candidates: Degree in facilities management, engineering, or a closely related field; Must have strong interpersonal/leadership skills, knowledge of HVAC, electrical, grounds, etc. Apply at www.sd25.org (id:4402506)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.