Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Fox River Grove
Free prostate cancer screenings offered in February Jan 25, 2015 2:18 PM
The McHenry County Department of Health will offer prostate cancer screenings at no cost in February. The Prostate Specific Antigen blood test is being offered to men 50 years of age and older. No fasting is required.
McHenry police association honors 10 officers at banquet Jan 25, 2015 2:16 PM
The McHenry County Chiefs of Police Association honored 10 officers at their Officer of the Year banquet held on Jan. 17 as nominees for the 2014 Officer of the Year. Officers Gilbert Hueramo, Victoria Gwizdak, Lisa Knebl and Deputy Eric Luna were all named the 2014 Officers of the Year.
Warmer weather draws crowds to Norge ski competitions Jan 24, 2015 5:56 PM
The Norge 110th Annual International Ski Jump Tournament on Saturday had unusually warm weather that attracted a crowd but slowed skiers down during competition. The tournament continues Sunday with gates opening at noon. About 5,000 enthusiasts are expected.
Nationally Renowned Speaker, Brian McLaren, will speak at Presbyterian Church of Barrington on Feb. 7, 2015 Jan 23, 2015 8:02 AM
Nationally Renowned Speaker, Brian McLaren, will speak at Presbyterian Church of Barrington on Feb. 7, 2015
Scholarships Available for Northwest Suburban High School Women Jan 23, 2015 8:07 AM
Scholarships Available for Northwest Suburban High School Women
Fox River Grove ski tournament marks 110 years this weekend Jan 23, 2015 5:16 AM
While most suburbanites would welcome this week's warmer temperatures, Fox River Grove residents are praying for snow. The Norge Ski Tournament marks its 110th year this weekend in Fox River Grove. Organizers said with temperatures rising keeping the slopes snowpacked will be a challenge.
Norwegian National League Of Chicago Offers Scholarships And Cash Prizes Jan 23, 2015 10:35 AM
The Norwegian National League of Chicago is offering scholarships and cash prizes to deserving students who are of Norwegian heritage residing in the counties of Cook, Lake, DuPage, Kane, Kendall, McHenry and Will.
MCC to host ‘People in Need Forum’ Jan 21, 2015 2:38 PM
The 12th annual “People in Need Forum” will be held from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 31, at McHenry County College’s Luecht Conference Center in Crystal Lake. This half-day event is open to organizations who serve the residents of McHenry County. Began in 2003, the forum provides staff and volunteers from human service, civic and faith-based organizations the opportunity to learn about community resources and important infrmation to better serve their clients.
Bowling for Charity Event at Streamwood Bowl! Jan 21, 2015 7:09 AM
Bowling for Charity Event at Streamwood Bowl!
‘Give the gift of shelter’ to PADS this month Jan 19, 2015 3:30 PM
This past November, PADS kicked off its year-end giving campaign, “Give the Gift of Shelter,” with the goal of raising $80,000 for the program — which costs over $700,000 to operate annually. Thanks to the generosity of our community, PADS is 90 percent of the way to meeting this goal. “We have until the end of January to meet our goal before the campaign ends,” said Christin Kruse, Chief Development Officer. “And we believe we can do it with your help. The PADS program truly makes a difference in the lives of people in our community.”
Eighth-grade students “Discover Engineering” at Hannah Beardsley Jan 20, 2015 10:34 AM
On Jan. 5-6, professional engineers from eight major corporations, students from Crystal Lake district 47 and 155, and representatives from McHenry County College came together at Hannah Beardsley Middle School to educate and excite eighth-grade students about careers in engineering.
Essay contest winner to be named at Martin Luther King Jr. Interfaith Prayer Breakfast Jan 16, 2015 3:28 PM
FaithBridge is pleased to announce that the winner of this year’s MLK Essay Contest is from Richard Bernotas Middle School in Crystal Lake District 47. This year’s topic: “How do you bring about peace in the midst of challenge and controversy?” Based on this quote: The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at time of challenge and controversy.
Mueller Financial Services honored with Five Diamond Eagle Firm Award Jan 16, 2015 3:37 PM
Mueller Financial Services, Inc., headquartered in Elgin, was recognized for its outstanding achievements at 1st Global’s recent annual national conference held at the Omni Hotel in Nashville, Tennessee.
Snowmobiler hurt in Fox River Grove Jan 16, 2015 8:32 PM
Fox River Grove fire officials said a snowmobiler was taken to the hospital after a crash Friday night.
Classic Cinemas presents annual “Predict the Oscars” contest Jan 15, 2015 5:41 PM
The award season has begun, and Classic Cinemas has announced its annual “Predict the Oscars” contest for the 2015 Academy Awards competition! The nominees were announced on Jan. 15, and it’s time to pick your favorites to win.
Woodstock Theatre auditorium to be dedicated in honor of Harold Ramis Jan 15, 2015 6:17 PM
An auditorium at the Woodstock Theatre will be dedicated in honor of writer/director Harold Ramis at 10 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 31, immediately prior to the showing of “Groundhog Day.” The 1993 film, which was directed by Ramis, will be shown at 10 a.m. on Saturday, Jan. 31, and Sunday, Feb. 1.
Referees Needed for Ela Soccer Club Jan 16, 2015 2:34 PM
Ela Soccer is hosting a new referee clinic Feb 28-March 1 at Middle School South.
Preschool to host open house Jan 15, 2015 12:56 PM
Algonquin Preschool, 109 Washington St. in Algonquin, is hosting its annual open house for the 2015-16 school year from 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 24. Open registration will begin at the open house. Feel free to stop in for a visit with your child anytime to see their programs in action.
Conservation district offers winter program Jan 15, 2015 1:10 PM
Discover nature in winter with the McHenry County Conservation District. They will offer programs on the winter sky, surviving as a prairie pioneer, nature open houses and more.
McHenry County Board seeks commission members Jan 15, 2015 1:03 PM
The McHenry County Board is accepting applications from individuals interested in appointment to the McHenry County Community Development Block Grant Commission.
- Asteroid is coming -- and you can see it
- Images: Ernie Banks
- Neighbors mourn woman killed in Barrington-area fire
- Strong start for Favio's in Geneva
- DuPage County judge remembered as advocate for children
- Rozner: Thank you, Mr. Cub, for giving your all
- Round Lake chaplain lauded for ministering to police
- Crystal Lake couple, 6 others charged in $600,000 tax scheme
- Counselors: Heroin treatment requires work, support
- Images: Photo Contest Finalists
SOSEScript: generic_rss failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 111 position 3: Object required: 'rssXML'
- Rozner: Thank you, Mr. Cub, for giving your all
- Rozner: Mike Spellman will be dearly missed
- Amazon to collect Illinois sales tax starting Feb. 1
- Tax net worth of wealthy freeloaders
- Only 1 true patriot can save America
- Toxicology results likely next week for Blackhawks staffer Reif
- Tell the truth on global warming
- Billy Williams: This is a time to celebrate Ernie Banks
- Elgin boy killed in accident remembered as outgoing
- Round Lake chaplain lauded for ministering to police
- PUBLIC WORKS SUPERVISOR - PUBLIC WORKS SUPERVISOR Village of Glencoe seeks Supv. in PW Dept. Reports to Gen. Supt., provides support to all divisions. Req. related exp. in streets, sewers, water, for-estry, fleet; Class B CDL; Class C-D IEPA wtr. oper. cert. desirable. Start Sal. $66,731. Cvr. ltr., resume & appl. to 675 Village Ct., Glencoe, IL 60022, Attn: Mgr.'s Office by 4 pm, Feb 27, 2015. Appls. avail. at: www.villageofglencoe.org EOE (id:4396443) CNC MACHINIST - CNC Machinist Rexnord Industries is currently seeking experienced CNC Machinists and Grinders for 2nd and 3rd shift. 3-5 years previous experience preferred. Apply on-line at www.rexnord.com. EOE/M/F/D/V (id:4395975) CNA'S - Health Care -CNAs FT for 3p-11p & 11p-7a shift & Weekend Only Program & PT for all weekend shifts. Ask about our new weekend incentive. Compassionate, reliable, & customer service oriented individuals please apply with Karina Negrete, Nursing Scheduler at Lee Manor -1301 Lee St., Des Plaines 847-827-5796 Fax (id:4396628)
- ELECTRICIAN APPRENTICESHIP - ELECTRICIAN APPRENTICESHIP APPLICATIONS Available at THE LAKE COUNTY JATC 31290 N. U.S. Hwy 45, Unit A Libertyville, IL. 60048 Applications from 11/17/2014 through 1/29/2015 Monday -Thursday 7:00am -12:00pm and 1:00pm -4:00pm Except 12/10/14 & 1/14/15 when applications are accepted until 5:30pm. APPLICATIONS WILL BE CLOSED ON NOVEMBER 27th, DECEMBER 24th, 25th, 31st & JANUARY 1st Applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without regard to race, creed, color, sex, or national origin. Applications must be in person with a $25.00 fee. Visit our website at www.lakecountyjatc.org for further details (id:4388608) RECEPTIONIST - Medical Office in Schaumburg. Experience pref'd. Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4396444) DINING ROOM SERVER - "Open Interviews" Thursday, January 22 From: 10am -3:00pm Line Cooks -FT Dining Room Servers PT Belmont Village of Glenview 2200 Golf Road Glenview, IL 60025 Become part of the family, great jobs, great rewards! great jobs, great rewards! eoe (id:4396038)
- DRIVER - DRIVERS/Retirees welcomed to drive late model vehicles. In & around Des Plaines area. FT/ PT Approx $10.00/hr 847-871-0370 (id:4396251) WINDOW CLEANING - Maintenance -Exp'd Window Cleaners Wanted $12-$17/hr. Ground, Route & High Rise Work Available. We supply the equipment & training if necessary. Must have a valid DL & authorization to work in the US & a dependable vehicle for local transportation. Apply in person only at 960 Rand Rd Suite 113c Des Plaines Monday-Friday 10am-3pm. (id:4396637) FRONT DESK ADMISSIONS - Team Rehabilitation Physical Therapy has openings for full-time and part-time Front Desk Admission positions at our Arlington Heights Clinic. We offer competitive salary, excellent benefit package and bonuses. Apply online at www.team-rehab.com (id:4396446)
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.