Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Flyers
Sports and spectacle a hit with fans of suburban teams May 25, 2012 6:00 AM
If you want to catch a game or two this summer, you don't have to drive to Chicago and shell out for Cubs or White Sox tickets. There are plenty of sports teams in the suburbs spending the season playing not just baseball but softball, football and basketball. Even if you're not a big sports fan, low ticket prices, accessible players and plenty of promotions make these teams worth checking out.
Fielders lawsuit: We were duped by Zion officials, developer Nov 26, 2011 8:28 AM
Zion Mayor Lane Harrison and others are accused in a lawsuit of luring the Lake County Fielders to play a second season in a temporary ballpark in 2011 by misleading team ownership about construction of a permanent facility.
Fielders, Zion must play ball with fans Jul 19, 2011 7:24 PM
Some of the luster is gone from the once feel-good story about the Lake County Fielders and minor-league baseball coming to Zion. A Daily Herald editorial says that both the village and the team need to be more forthcoming with fans about what is going on.
Alexian Field old hat for new GM Mar 22, 2011 6:57 AM
General Manager John Dittrich is optimistic about new baseball teams he's helping start for the stadiums in Schaumburg and Joliet, even though they're replacing teams that became associated with financial hardship.
The Soapbox: Keep driverís ed fees local Mar 11, 2011 7:43 PM
If a school district wants to charge more than $50 for driverís education, it needs a waiver from the state. A new legislative proposal would end that requirement. Itís time to let schools set the fee, not Springfield. The numbers show that the $50 charge doesnít begin to cover costs, says state Rep. Sandy Pihos, a Glen Ellyn Republican and bill sponsor.
Schaumburg picks new team for Alexian Field Mar 9, 2011 4:39 PM
Schaumburg is negotiating with a new operator of Alexian Field, planning to reach an agreement for that person to bring a new minor league baseball team to the stadium, replacing the recently evicted Schaumburg Flyers.
$900,000 tab too steep, should have been stopped Feb 6, 2011 9:39 PM
The Flyers were allowed to build up too big an IOU.
Legal deadline looms for sale of Schaumburg Flyers Jan 20, 2011 3:44 PM
Both the village of Schaumburg and the Schaumburg Flyers agree that their next court date of Feb. 24 is as good as a final deadline for the team to find a new owner or move out of Alexian Field.
Flyers home opener May 30 Jan 18, 2011 6:43 PM
The Schaumburg Flyers will open the 2011 season on the road on May 26, and host their home opener on May 30.
Will Flyers keep their Schaumburg home? Jan 10, 2011 6:40 AM
While both the village of Schaumburg and the Schaumburg Flyers still hope for the best possible outcome to their dispute over overdue rent, a lawsuit and its looming Jan. 20 court date still carry the threat of a possible separation of the two parties.
Schaumburg Flyers hire 'Manager of the Year' Jan 3, 2011 12:02 PM
The Schaumburg Flyers minor league baseball team has announced that Chad Parker, the 2010 Northern League Manager of the Year, is joining the team as its field manager for the 2011 season.
New independent league for Flyers, Fielders Nov 19, 2010 3:40 PM
Representatives for the Golden Baseball League, Northern League, and the United League announced Friday they have joined forces to create a new professional independent league that will be known as the North American League.
Schaumburg sues Flyers over rent payments Nov 10, 2010 6:57 PM
Schaumburg filed suit against the Flyers baseball team today, charging the club is more than $900,000 behind in overdue payments for rent on Alexian Field.
Sale of Schaumburg Flyers hitting snags in offseason Feb 24, 2011 4:58 PM
Schaumburg Flyers managing partner Rich Ehrenreich Monday explained the reasons for delay in his planned sale of the baseball team, while expressing confidence that the Flyers will play in 2011 whether a sale occurs in the offseason or not.
Cougars clinch playoff spot Mar 3, 2011 5:21 PM
For the sixth time in eight seasons as an Oakland A's affiliate, the Kane County Cougars are headed to the playoffs.
Bandits fall in title game Mar 8, 2011 4:38 PM
The combination of legendary veteran Jennie Finch and rookie Nicole Pauly paid victorious dividends Sunday afternoon for the Chicago Bandits - but it was only a temporary reprieve.
Bandits playing for NPF title Mar 8, 2011 4:38 PM
The combination of legendary veteran Jennie Finch and rookie Nicole Pauly paid victorious dividends Sunday for the Chicago Bandits - and not a game too soon.
Richard's blast keys Cougars past Snappers Aug 26, 2010 12:01 AM
Trailing by a run and down to their final out, the Kane County Cougars stunned the host Beloit Snappers when Myrio Richard belted a 2-run homer that lifted the Cougars to a 4-3 victory in Midwest League action at Pohlman Field.
Schaumburg Flyers, Rotary show their generosity Jan 31, 2011 5:30 PM
On behalf of Clearbrook and the 3,300 children and adults with disabilities we serve, I would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to the Schaumburg A.M. Rotary for donating 200 tickets to the Schaumburg Flyers game on Aug. 11.
Bandits lose Finch's last home game, 4-2 Jan 31, 2011 5:41 PM
The conclusion to the Chicago Bandits' regular season was bitter-sweet Sunday afternoon.
- Police: Grayslake bank robber in custody
- 15 trucks hit new railroad bridge in Bensenville
- Who wins, loses under Illinois school funding proposal
- Getting crowded
- Prosecutor: Family heard murder victim's screams
- Cause of 5-vehicle crash on Rte. 53 investigated
- Schaumburg says yes to high-end apartment complex
- Ex-Buffalo Grove resident, Grammy Award-winning pianist returns
- Mount Prospect police release video of fatal hit-and-run crash
- Judge: Grayslake charter school should not have been renewed
- Earthquake reported west of Lake in the Hills
- Muslim parents: Our kids are not terrorists
- Police: Huntley man killed his wife
- Prosecutor: Family heard murder victim's screams
- Kuma's Corner coming to Schaumburg in July
- Bulls pick up big win at Toronto
- Police: Indiana man killed in murder plot pleaded with wife
- Girls soccer scoreboard: Tuesday's results
- House OKs budget fix that covers day care, court reporters
- St. Charles North strikes fast, beats Geneva
- DRIVER - VAN DRIVER/PART-TIME /20 HOURS WEEK Nonprofit agency in Palatine has 20 hour week job transporting adults with disabilities from home to work site for AM & PM routes. Applicants need valid driver license/good driving recd. Contact Liz @847-540-3703(P),847-438-9698 (F), email@example.com (id:4401851) PET SITTER - ELGIN-BASED PET CARE PROVIDER SEEKING FULL TIME and PART TIME PET SITTER ASSISTANT. EMAIL RESUME TO ELGINPETSITTER@GMAIL.COM. (id:4401494) DRIVERS - Janitor Hourly Pay and Benefits Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and 401k Paid Vacation and Holidays Financially Sound Company Established 1934 Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer Apply in person at: Old Dominion Freight Line 255 W Oakton Des Plaines, IL 60018 Or Fax Resume to 847-827-5990 (id:4402037)
- COMPUTER - Computer/IT: Hospira, Inc. seeks SAP BW Lead in Lake Forest, IL. Analyze biz info (Finance, Supply Chain, Adv Planner, Sales & Distrib) & other sys landscape needs to implement & improve Biz Intelligence. Analyze & design solutions based on user reqs, procedures, & improve existing sys & review sys capabilities, ops, workflow, & sched limis. MS in Comp Engg, IT, Comp Sci or rel fld & 2 yrs work expe in app development OR BS in Comp Engg, IT, Comp Sci or rel fld & 5 yrs exp in app development w/ SAP BW Development, Modeling, & Reporting. Must have exp. w/: SAP ABAP development; training Power Users in SAP Tools & Tech; SAP Business Warehouse, Financials, Sales & Distrib, Adv Planner & Optimizer, Supply Chain, & HR improving, optimizing, & stabilizing environments; participating in implementation & rollout of apps to Manufacturing Plants; creating biz process design specifications, configuring interfaces, writing programming specs, configuring SAP, performing testing, providing end user training & creating biz process docs; & planning SAP program-wide app build, test, deploy, & post go-live activities. Interested applicants: send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org reference: REQ#: IL0016 EOE (id:4400708) CUSTOMER SERVICE - Customer Support We are an Independent Food Broker located in the Western Suburbs of Chicago in business for 15 years. Summary: Manage client accounts and support Account Managers to ensure client, customer and company expectation are adhered to. Support Sales Team with order entry and sales presentations Assist with daily account management for select client accounts Ensure order entry database is maintained with accurate client/customer information Resolves problems in an efficient and courteous manner Organizes and files client correspondence, contracts, bill backs and deductions Process client claims and deductions for repayment Issue client check drafts in a timely and accurate manner and maintain log accurately Process misc. sales and customer service correspondence as needed Perform month end reporting invoicing for various account Requirements: Excellent customer service skills Strong organization, problem solving analytical and time management skills Attention to detail Outstanding written and verbal communication skills Taking initiative; strong sense of task completion Trustworthy; ability to handle confidential and sensitive information Able to work in a fast paced environment, organized, able to multi task TEAM orientated and hard working Prompt attendance Must be efficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) 2+ Years Sales Support or Customer Service College degree preferred Please send resume to HR@ISIMIDWEST.COM (id:4400672) RESTAURANT - Restaurant -Garibaldi's Restaurant in Arlington Hts., or Hoffman Estates, FT & PT positions available: counter help, pizza makers, delivery drivers, grill cooks. Call between 9a & 11a or 2p-4p. 847-577-4000 (id:4401439)
- PROJECT MANAGER AND SUPERINTENDENTS - Now hiring Construction Project Managers and Superintendents. Email your resume to email@example.com (id:4401406) BILINGUAL THERAPIST - Bilingual Spanish Therapist, Elgin and Aurora -Masters with LCSW-LCPC. M-F, 35 hrs. + benefits. Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org. (id:4401929) LANDSCAPING - Landscaping $12/ hour (847) 776-2400 en Palatine Necessita experienca (id:4401864)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.