Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Fittest Loser
Reporter hopes to break her yo-yo dieting trend Mar 2, 2015 1:15 PM
Reporter Kat Zeman tells why she decided to take on the Fittest Loser Challenge.
Putting themselves to the test: Fittest Loser contest starts Mar 2, 2015 6:48 AM
The battle has begun. Five people in the Chicago suburbs will see their lives change drastically in the next three months. Sweat, tears and possibly a few ounces of blood will be shed. Their willpower, dedication and endurance will be tested like never before.For the seventh consecutive year, the Daily Herald and Push Fitness in Schaumburg have partnered to host the “Fittest Loser Challenge.” This year, five contestants have been chosen from more than 100 applicants to participate in a grueling 12-week workout and nutrition program.
Trainers ready to work with contestants Mar 2, 2015 6:50 AM
The drive behind this year’s Fittest Loser Challenge contestants can be found in the personal trainers from Push Fitness in Schaumburg. Each of the competitors will be fueled with nutrition advice, guided through rigorous workouts and encouraged over the next 12 weeks by these highly skilled fitness experts.
Community effort sets new record in participation Mar 3, 2015 1:27 PM
It’s a record-breaking year for the Fittest Loser At Work Challenge. What started out with a few park district teams has spiraled into a much larger community effort. This year, 38 teams have joined the challenge – the highest number in its seven-year history. Besides park districts, teams have formed in suburban schools, municipalities, various associations, corporations and charitable organizations. Their goal is to lose weight and adopt a healthier lifestyle in the next 12 weeks.
Fittest Loser follow-up: How are the participants now? Dec 1, 2014 5:45 AM
It's been 5 months since the Fittest Loser Challenge ended. How are the contestants doing now? We check in with them as we prepare to kick off the 2015 competition.
How to apply Dec 1, 2014 5:45 AM
Want to be a Fittest Loser team member? Learn how to apply, whether you are an individual or a company team looking to participate.
Energy, stamina and confidence worth the workout battle scars May 19, 2014 5:30 AM
What a bittersweet time to have the Fittest Loser Challenge end, says Fittest Loser journalist Lisa Jones Townsel. In her words: While the nutrition plan was strict and the exercise regimen extra hard, it’s now time to face life on my own … a graduation, if you will. But there is no way that I will soon forget this enormous learning experience. Along the way, I tried to take mental notes about what the important matters were that the trainers all stressed. Now I just have to keep it going.
Fittest Loser contestants all winners for losing weight May 19, 2014 5:30 AM
The energy was magnetic last Thursday at Eaglewood Resort and Spa, host resort of the 2014 Fittest Loser Challenge Finale. After 12 grueling weeks of one-on-one sessions with their Push Fitness personal trainers, in Saturday boot camp workouts and working out on their own, the five contestants looked more alive, alert and alluring than ever before. And they should have. Combined, they lost a whopping 285 pounds, including 42 inches from their waists! While John Bohanek won the overall competition, all of the contestants are winners for losing weight.
‘Happy’ theme for Fittest Loser Corporate, Community Challenge teams May 19, 2014 5:30 AM
Pharrell William’s effervescent tune, “Happy” was the surefire soundtrack of the final night of the 2014 Fittest Loser Challenge as Corporate and Community Challenge teams collected their kudos. The teams, that included 194 participants from local park districts, businesses, government offices, and health, cultural and educational institutions, reveled in their new found sense of accomplishment and wellness at the event last Thursday held at Eaglewood Resort in Itasca.
Fittest Loser contest helps us move the needle May 19, 2014 10:18 AM
A fun event -- our sixth annual Fittest Loser Challenge -- can underscore some serious problems and how we can make a dent in them as a team, writes Jim Davis, news director for the DuPage and Fox Valley editions.
Images: Daily Herald’s Fittest Loser Finale May 15, 2014 11:22 PM
Images of the Daily Herald's 2014 Fittest Loser finale at Eaglewood Resort in Itasca. John Bohanek of South Elgin was declared the winner after dropping from 361 pounds to 274 during the competition.
Fittest Loser winner to be announced tonight in Itasca May 15, 2014 5:30 AM
After three months of hard work, the Daily Herald’s five Fittest Loser Challenge contestants get to show off their slimmed down and toned up physiques tonight before finding out who will be the winner.A party will be held tonight at the Eaglewood Resort and Spa in Itasca to announce the winner of this year’s suburban weight loss and fitness competition, as well as the winners among the 13 community teams and 26 corporate teams who joined the challenge.
South Elgin man wins Fittest Loser Challenge May 16, 2014 1:47 AM
John Bohanek of South Elgin won the Daily Herald's 2014 Fittest Loser Challenge Thursday during a ceremony at Eaglewood Resort in Itasca. In just 12 weeks, Bohank lost 87 pounds, bringing him from 361 to 274 pounds. He is still determined to reach his high school weight of 210. "I know, for sure, he's going to keep fighting his fight," said Bohanek's trainer, Michelle Amsden.
Lessons learned: Contestants reflect on their journey May 12, 2014 5:30 AM
So what has the 2014 Fittest Loser Challenge meant to this year’s five contestants? Much more than weight loss. Sure, they’re ecstatic to have lost a heap of weight, but the lessons go much deeper than that. Here, they speak of new friendships, greater self-confidence, and success measured far beyond the scope of the competition.
Focus trumps fear — and other lessons I learned along the way May 12, 2014 5:30 AM
Trust the pros, Fittest Loser journalist Lisa Jones Townsel says. In her words: When I first met my Push Fitness trainer Joshua Steckler, I saw him as the epitome of fitness and figured he’d view me as the epitome of fat. But over the past 12 weeks, he worked me hard, respectably, but hard, and seemed to be concerned about my concerns every step of the way.
Fittest Loser Tip of the Week: Wave Goodbye to ‘Girl’ Pushups May 12, 2014 5:30 AM
Each week, Assurance will be suggesting a few, simple at-work exercises that you can do anytime and anywhere. The Tip this Week: Wave Goodbye to ‘Girl’ Pushups
An amazing journey: Community members look back May 12, 2014 5:30 AM
During this final week of the Fittest Loser Community Challenge, our corporate and park district team partners reminisce about a 12-week journey that has transformed their lives. “It’s truly amazing what 12 weeks — 12 short weeks can do,” says Amanda Seilheimer, a member of the Lutheran Life Communities’ Wellness Warriors. “It was an amazing experience, and I feel so blessed!”
Fitness homework pays off with successful run May 5, 2014 5:30 AM
For about a year prior to the Fittest Loser Challenge, I ran as a way to bolster weight loss. I used to think of it as a simple sport. I didn’t know that there were measurable ways to track my progress and to build up my heart rate. This season, boot camp instructor Brad Parotto doubled as running coach, too. He helped us to prepare to participate in the DuPage Human Race 5K Run.
Community teams drop weight, focus on healthy lifestyles May 5, 2014 5:45 AM
The 23 corporate and 13 park district teams have worked themselves into a frenzy, right up to the finish line. They have learned better eating habits, disciplined workout skills and attained focus as never before. Subsequently, they have convinced themselves that a healthier, fit lifestyle is within their reach. They are also having loads of fun along the way, like the time Holly from Team Unrepentant Thinners got the chance to meet “Biggest Loser” trainer Jillian Michaels.
Fittest Loser Tip of the Week: Packin’ Your Hammies May 5, 2014 5:30 AM
Each week, Assurance will be suggesting a few, simple at-work exercises that you can do anytime and anywhere. The Tip this Week: Packin' Your Hammies.
- Bulls thriving after being spurned by Melo
- Lake in the Hills man remembered for volunteering, passion for living
- New-look Lake Zurich High stadium
- Willowbrook student wins Illinois National Geogaphic Bee
- Budget fix averts shutdowns but cuts schools
- Baun, Paliotta sign on with Hawks
- Duckworth to announce Senate bid Monday
- Who will opponent be when Bulls start playoffs?
- Prosecutor: Family heard murder victim's screams
- Agbuke's career game leads No. 2-seed Baylor over Iowa 81-66
- Earthquake reported west of Lake in the Hills
- Police: Huntley man killed his wife
- Why gas prices are rising in the suburbs
- Kuma's Corner coming to Schaumburg in July
- Aurora soldier and his cousin accused in terrorist plot
- Dawn Patrol: Quake near Lake in the Hills; student brings BB gun to school
- Volo woman charged after bank robbery in Grayslake
- Parents: We shouldn't need permission to skip school testing
- Alone at controls, co-pilot sought to 'destroy' the plane
- Report: Walgreens employees to stop saying 'Be well'
- One Island Lake trustee candidate concerned about transparency, but other candidates are pleased
- Tollway sets higher speed limits, bucks state law
- Why gas prices are rising in the suburbs
- Kuma's Corner coming to Schaumburg in July
- Suburban lawmaker's plan to decriminalize marijuana rejected
- You could win DeLorean if Cubs win World Series
- Judson kicks off new inspirational world leaders series this fall
- Signing Ball gives Bears depth at cornerback
- Prosecutors: Employee stole $3,600 from Rosemont restaurant
- Elk Grove Joe Caputo & Sons opening by July 4
- BINDERY OPERATOR - Arlington Heights manufacturer is looking for a full time second shift bindery operator. Should have experience using guillotine cutters, collators, and stitchers. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4402022) PET SITTER - ELGIN-BASED PET CARE PROVIDER SEEKING FULL TIME and PART TIME PET SITTER ASSISTANT. EMAIL RESUME TO ELGINPETSITTER@GMAIL.COM. (id:4401494) GRAPHIC DESIGNER - Arlington Heights, IL company is seeking to fill a pt-time-first shift Graphic Designers position. InDesign; Strong in Illustrator-Photoshop. This position MAC only.Accuracy and consistency are key. Send resume to email@example.com for consideration. (id:4402023)
- CLEANING - CLEANING HOMES must have DL & speak Eng. $10-14 + bnfts. Call McMaid Rolling Mdws: 847-991-2383 Dwnrs Grv: 630-515-8800 Wauconda: 847-526-4447 (id:4402019) PROJECT MANAGER AND SUPERINTENDENTS - Now hiring Construction Project Managers and Superintendents. Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4401406) DRIVER - VAN DRIVER/PART-TIME /20 HOURS WEEK Nonprofit agency in Palatine has 20 hour week job transporting adults with disabilities from home to work site for AM & PM routes. Applicants need valid driver license/good driving recd. Contact Liz @847-540-3703(P),847-438-9698 (F), email@example.com (id:4401851)
- MANAGEMENT - Science: Hospira, Inc. seeks Manager, Regulatory Affairs in Lake Forest, IL. Coordinate regulatory advice & support to manuf ops & other functional groups, & other local & global project teams. Review global reg strategies for new & marketed products to ensure they are in line w/ compliance & biz objectives, and cGMP reqs. 15% dom & int'l travel to meet w/ regulatory agencies. REQs: MS in Pharm, Bio, Chem, Pharmacology, Enviro & Occ Health, Public Health or related field & 5 yrs work exp OR BS in Pharm, Bio, Chem, Pharmacology, Enviro & Occ Health, Public Health or related & 7 yrs exp Must have exp w. R&D, Quality, & Mfg; developing products; Project Mgmt; ICH, EMA, & ASEAN; domestic & intl submissions w/ FDA & int'l reg agencies; & compliance with cGMP. Interested applicants: send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org reference: REQ#: IL0020. EOE (id:4400980) RESTAURANT - Restaurant -Garibaldi's Restaurant in Arlington Hts., or Hoffman Estates, FT & PT positions available: counter help, pizza makers, delivery drivers, grill cooks. Call between 9a & 11a or 2p-4p. 847-577-4000 (id:4401439) DRIVERS - Janitor Hourly Pay and Benefits Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and 401k Paid Vacation and Holidays Financially Sound Company Established 1934 Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer Apply in person at: Old Dominion Freight Line 255 W Oakton Des Plaines, IL 60018 Or Fax Resume to 847-827-5990 (id:4402037)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.