Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Fire Board
464 candidates who could run the Northwest suburbs Apr 9, 2013 5:30 AM
What’s at stake today in the Northwest suburbs? In all, 464 candidates competing, or not, for 369 seats in local government. “If you are looking at the quality of your life, local elections are more important than state elections and even national elections,” said Paul Green, director of the Institute of Politics at Roosevelt University.
McCarthy, Langfelder win seats on Bartlett fire board Apr 10, 2013 2:16 AM
With 19 of 19 Cook County precincts reporting and all 21 DuPage County precincts reporting, voters appear to have chosen incumbent Jim McCarthy and newcomer Jay Langfelder as Bartlett Fire Protection District trustees. Unofficial results show McCarthy with 4,058 votes, followed by Langfelder with 3,700 votes. Patti Hanson received 1,189 votes.
Bartlett fire board candidates discuss district’s needs, improvements Mar 29, 2013 9:50 PM
None of the candidates running for a Bartlett Fire Protection District trustee seat have major concerns with how the board is operating, but they don't all agree on how and where improvements can be made. Incumbent Jim McCarthy and challengers Patti Hanson and Jay Langfelder are vying for two 6-year terms. Both seats up in the April 9 election represent DuPage County, though the entire fire district votes.
Palatine Township Rural Fire Board Opening Jul 24, 2012 1:48 PM
The Palatine Township Board will be accepting resumes from residents of the Palatine Rural Fire District to fill a current Board vacancy.
New faces on Elburn, Sugar Grove fire boards Apr 6, 2011 4:19 PM
Longtime Elburn fire district trustee James Feece lost a bid for re-election. Incuments won in the North Aurora district, and a new person joins the Sugar Grove Fire board.
Wisniewski, Wiley win Bartlett Fire board seats Apr 6, 2011 12:43 AM
Incumbent Donald Wisniewski and newcomer Kevin Wiley won the two seats on the Bartlett Fire Protection District board. Unofficial results showed Wisniewksi beating Martin Wallace by nearly a 2 to 1 ratio for the Cook County seat. Unofficial results, with all 22 precincts in DuPage County and 19 of 20 in Cook County reporting, showed Wisniewksi with 1,491 votes or 63.2 percent, versus Martin’s 869 votes or 36.8 percent.
Where to find more information Apr 5, 2011 12:43 AM
It's a difficult task that fewer people want to take on: Voting in their local elections.
Why local Election Day is important Apr 5, 2011 8:57 AM
It's not nuclear disarmament, but today's election is arguably the most important one suburban voters face if they care about their schools, their streets, their local economy, their recreation.
Elect Hanson to Bartlett fire board Mar 31, 2011 4:50 PM
On April 5th, residents of the Bartlett Fire Protection District will be voting for trustees. I encourage everyone to vote for Patricia A. Hanson for Fire Trustee, DuPage County. Patti has been a resident of Bartlett for over 30 years and has been actively involved in our community throughout that time.
Build a new station now or later? Mar 29, 2011 5:49 PM
The big question among the two men running for Elburn & Countryside Fire Protection District board is when to build a new fire station.
Elect Kevin Wiley to Bartlett fire board Mar 29, 2011 10:46 AM
Bartlett resident urges her fellow DuPage County voters to elect Kevin Wiley to the Bartlett Fire Protection District board, DuPage seat.
Tempers flare over Bartlett fire district seat Mar 25, 2011 8:28 PM
Tensions between the two candidates for the Cook County seat on the Bartlett Fire Protection District boiled over during a candidates’ forum Thursday night.
Crowded field for Carol Stream fire trustee Mar 24, 2011 6:14 PM
How the Carol Stream Fire Protection District spends its dollars is the focus of a crowded election race for two available seats on the district board.
Races contested in Sugar Grove, North Aurora fire districts Mar 23, 2011 5:53 PM
There are contested elections in North Aurora, Sugar Grove and Countryside and Elburn and Countryside fire protection districts.
Palatine Rural Fire Board accepting applications for open seat Mar 15, 2011 5:56 PM
Residents living within the Palatine Rural Fire District can apply for an open seat on the Palatine Rural Fire Board. The township board of trustees appoints the position, which has a three-year term beginning May 1.
Charles Parker Jr.: Candidate Profile Mar 2, 2011 1:46 PM
Candidate information for Charles Parker Jr., running for Algonquin/Lake in the Hills fire protection
Sharon McLaughlin: Candidate Profile Feb 24, 2011 12:59 PM
Candidate information for Sharon McLaughlin, running for North Maine fire protection district
Martin Wallace: Candidate Profile Feb 24, 2011 12:48 PM
Candidate information for Martin Wallace, running for Bartlett fire protection district, Cook seat
Brian Schopp: Candidate Profile Mar 25, 2011 1:30 PM
Candidate information for Brian Schopp, running for Elburn, Countryside fire protection district
Bonnie Bayser: Candidate Profile Feb 23, 2011 3:47 PM
Candidate information for Bonnie Bayser, running for Huntley fire protection
- Police: Delnor suspect arrested in Indiana
- Hampshire pays a fitting tribute to a worthy Goebbert
- Northwest suburban measles case confirmed
- Gurnee OKs $5.8 million in tax breaks for AKHAN
- COD to vote again on Breuder severance package
- ISU student from Crystal Lake taken off life support
- Why fake-news industry isn't afraid of Facebook changes
- Arlington Lakes to close for renovation for a year
- Twin sisters man the chairs at East Dundee barber shop
- Bartlett teen collects funds for prosthetic leg
- ASSISTANT MAINTENANCE ENGINEER - Assistant Maintenance Engineer Full-time position for 300-unit, 32 acre senior apart-apartment community in Elk Grove Village. Experience with boiler heat and turning apartments mandatory. Fax or email resume. Fax 847-593-4283. Email firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4396220) COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4395929) MANUFACTURING - MANUFACTURING Hoffer Plastics Corp. is seeking reliable and motivated mold techs, inspectors, and machine ops for 2nd and 3rd shifts. OT available. No exp. Necessary. HS diploma or GED required. Email resume email@example.com or apply within 500 N. Collins St., South Elgin. www.hofferplastics.com (id:4396567)
- DRIVER - DRIVERS/Retirees welcomed to drive late model vehicles. In & around Des Plaines area. FT/ PT Approx $10.00/hr 847-871-0370 (id:4396251) CASHIER / STOCK - PT Stock/Cashier nights and weekends. Garfield's Beverage Warehouse Barrington/ Palatine. 847-387-3676 or 847-359-0400 (id:4396177) SCHOOL BUS DRIVERS - Palatine School District 15 will be having an Open House Thursday, January 22, 2015 from 5pm -7pm. The Open House will be held at our Transportation Building 1100 N. Smith Street Palatine, IL 60067 We are looking for full-time/ part-time school bus drivers. A current Class B CDL is preferred but not necessary to apply. Please visit CCSD.net to complete our on-line application. (EOE) (id:4396294)
- GENERAL LABOR - GENERAL LABOR Niles printing plant seeks full time laborers. No experience needed. Must lift 50 lbs. Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4396295) PUBLIC WORKS SUPERVISOR - PUBLIC WORKS SUPERVISOR Village of Glencoe seeks Supv. in PW Dept. Reports to Gen. Supt., provides support to all divisions. Req. related exp. in streets, sewers, water, for-estry, fleet; Class B CDL; Class C-D IEPA wtr. oper. cert. desirable. Start Sal. $66,731. Cvr. ltr., resume & appl. to 675 Village Ct., Glencoe, IL 60022, Attn: Mgr.'s Office by 4 pm, Feb 27, 2015. Appls. avail. at: www.villageofglencoe.org EOE (id:4396443) ASSEMBLERS - Assemblers RWMIC, an EEO Employer located in Vernon Hills seek- ing Assemblers for very sml medical instr. Previous exp. w/micrometers, calipers & bprints a must. HS Diploma req'd. Pay & benefits competitive. Apply to: email@example.com (id:4396354)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.