Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Elk Grove Village
Harper College fire science instructor stepping down after 42 years Oct 30, 2014 6:51 AM
Richard Keyworth, who has taught hundreds of aspiring firefighters over four decades at Harper College, is retiring. Former students and colleagues called him a "gentle giant" who kept up with a demanding learning curve. “There are some people that just go through the motions, but Dick is very passionate,” Wheeling Fire Chief Keith MacIsaac said.
Fine Line show features holiday gifts by top artists Oct 30, 2014 5:35 PM
Mark your calendar for Christmastime at the Fine Line Show and Sale, Dec. 5-13. This annual juried event in St. Charles showcases the best of our members’ artistic talents, and offers a wide range of unique holiday gifts.
Ebola awareness panel, other events highlight International Education Week Oct 29, 2014 7:29 AM
Ebola awareness panel, other events highlight International Education Week
Men charged after $1.4 million Elk Grove Village pot bust Oct 29, 2014 7:23 PM
Two men have been charged with drug possession after authorities discovered 1,700 pounds of marijuana hidden in pallets of soup crackers being unloaded at an Elk Grove Village warehouse. Authorities say the drugs are worth about $1.4 million.
When to trick-or-treat in the Northwest suburbs Oct 28, 2014 1:52 PM
In most Northwest suburbs kids are being asked to collect their Halloween loot within specific hours — to wear costumes easily seen by drivers and to visit only homes where the front lights are on. All trick or treat hours listed here are for Friday, Oct. 31.
Have a safe and spooky Halloween with safety tips from Illinois Poison Center Oct 28, 2014 5:59 PM
With children across Illinois set to hit the streets for trick-or-treating, the Illinois Poison Center is urging parents and guardians to be cautious about Halloween products like dry ice and cosmetics that could prove dangerous if used improperly.
Family and friends remember Elk Grove Jeremy Sears, Marine who took own life Oct 29, 2014 5:41 AM
Those who knew Marine Jeremy Sears gathered at the Elk Grove VFW Post Tuesday to remember a person described as strong and tough who never let on about his own struggles. “He was a very strong person. Only he cared about others,” said his wife, Tami. “He helped everyone he could with anything they needed and he would give the shirt off of his back for anybody.”
Seats Available for Library Bus Trip to Newsies Oct 28, 2014 8:33 AM
Seats Available for Library Bus Trip to Newsies
Sedgebrook Residents Pumping Iron Oct 28, 2014 3:32 PM
The Ironman Triathlon is widely considered to be among the most challenging athletic events in the world. Sedgebrook introduced a modified, but still impressive version of the Ironman/Ironwoman this summer, with approximately 40 residents signing on.
This time, don’t be a Quinn voter Oct 27, 2014 5:01 AM
An Elk Grove Village letter to the editor: If you believe this state is in great shape, you might be a Quinn voter. If you love your real estate taxes going through the roof, you may be a Quinn voter. If you believe all those jobs at Ford came from Gov. Pat Quinn and not Americans buying more American cars, you may be a Quinn voter.
Clearbrook Cuisine Curbs Suburban Appetites Oct 27, 2014 7:27 AM
AOIIs “Focus on College” on Nov. 12 in Prospect Heights
Arlington brothers bring the meatball to new levels Oct 27, 2014 5:00 AM
Kukec's People features Anthony and Michael Ferrazzuolo, brothers who live in Arlington Heights, who recently started The Original Meatball Vault. Locations include the First Midwest Bank Amphitheater in Tniley Park, Alpine Valley, and most recent the French Market in downtown Chicago.
Keep Duckworth in our corner Oct 26, 2014 5:01 AM
An Elk Grove Village letter to the editor: “If it’s not broken, don’t fix it.” Everyone has heard this old saying, and still there are those who just want things “their way.” This is how I feel about the election — especially in the 8th Congressional District where Congresswoman Tammy Duckworth has served, and I do mean served, the residents with dignity and pride.
Removal of God from classroom perilous Oct 26, 2014 5:01 AM
An Elk Grove Village letter to the editor: In the 1960s, we removed prayer and the mention of God from the classroom. Fast forward to the present. We have American citizens joining Islamist terrorist groups, a senseless but purposeful disruption of the Aurora air traffic control system causing problems nationwide, and a beheading in Oklahoma.
Science of climate change is ever changing Oct 25, 2014 5:01 AM
An Elk Grove Village letter to the editor: The often government-funded groups that study global, er, excuse me, that promote global warming/climate change have long used the talking point that there is no debate on the matter and the “science is settled.”
Herald editors exude conservatism Oct 24, 2014 1:01 AM
An Elk Grove Village letter to the editor: How is it that your paper can endorse Mr. Bruce Rauner for the state’s top job? I personally think it is because that top 1 percent always stick together.
The Falconaires Orchestra presents When Music was Music Oct 24, 2014 7:54 AM
The Falconaires Orchestra presents When Music was Music
NORTHWEST CHORAL SOCIETY ANNOUNCES PERFORMANCE SCHEDULE FOR 2014-15 SEASON Oct 24, 2014 7:48 AM
NORTHWEST CHORAL SOCIETY ANNOUNCES PERFORMANCE SCHEDULE FOR 2014-15 SEASON
More than 1,000 attendees at Elk Grove Village manufacturing expo Oct 24, 2014 5:23 PM
Elk Grove Village officials reported Friday that more than 1,000 people attended this year's Made in Elk Grove Manufacturing & Technology Expo, a networking event for business owners. The expo on Tuesday featured 93 exhibitors promoting their products.
Durbin part of a broken system Oct 23, 2014 1:01 AM
An Elk Grove Village letter to the editor: There are two things you missed in your endorsement of Sen. Dick Durbin. First, a vote for Sen. Durbin is a vote to keep Harry Reid as the head of the Senate. I think we can all agree that Harry Reid’s policies have been a disaster for this country and that he has got to go. Second, a vote for Sen. Durbin is a vote to continue with the same kind of government we have had for years that hasn’t worked.
- Chico praised for role in Waukegan teachers deal
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Prisoner who helped free death row inmate is freed himself
- Family, friends stunned by death of Libertyville grad
- 1,700 pounds of marijuana recovered from Elk Grove warehouse
- Our Lady of Destiny School in Des Plaines closing
- No more excuses
- DuPage drug cops 'making a difference' in heroin fight
- Family and friends remember Elk Grove Village Marine
- Early voting, mail voting setting new Cook County records
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets R-B again
- Des Plaines complex could have 11 tall towers
- Brainerd Building demolition could start Monday
- Suburban police no longer feel 'helpless' against heroin
- Editorial: Carpentersville's unconscionable refusal to explain
- Townhouses could displace Des Plaines church
- Can one family save downtown Long Grove?
- Lawsuit: Mom, daughter assaulted by clowns at haunted house
- Why did Marine from Elk Grove Village take his life?
- Sun-Times reporter quits over paper's handling of story
- Gene & Georgetti to replace Rosewood in Rosemont?
- A last chance to end 50-year Rt. 53 extension struggle
- St. Charles North takes 2nd at own invite
- Short & Sweet guest critic, Christine Murphy, reviews Broadway in Chicago's Amazing Grace with host, Diana Martinez
- How bad will our winter be? A caterpillar can tell you.
- MEDICAL BILLER - MEDICAL BILLER, PT, exp. required for Mt. Prospect orthopedic office. Resume to email@example.com Call Kim 847-699-6810 (id:4389892) MANUFACTURING - Manufacturing100 Jobs! Plastics company in Hanover Park needs Pickers/ Packers, Assemblers, Inspectors and Machine Operators NOW for 12 hour AM and PM shifts. To $8.60/hr 630-620-9800 Walk-ins Welcome 9am-3pm at Staff Force Addison office 190 North Swift Road, Ste X firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389520) CUSTOMER SERVICE / INSIDE SALES - C.S/Inside Sales Mgr-NW Chicago Sub. Growing Fastener Co needs exper. Mgr with good PC and phone skills. Email Resume to email@example.com (id:4389208)
- COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4389252) COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4389254) KITCHEN HELP - Maintenance Aramark Grayslake H.S. Kitchen Help Wanted EOE, M/F/Disability/Vet Donna 847-986-3360 (id:4389660)
- JOB FAIR - Love food? Have a knack for connecting with people? Mariano's is interested in you! Job Fair Mariano's -Arlington Heights 802 East Northwest Highway Arlington Heights, IL 60004 Saturday, November 1st 9am to 4pm NOW HIRING FULL AND PART TIME FOR OUR ARLINGTON HEIGHTS STORE Bakery Team Member Cake Decorator Cashier Deli Team Member Food Demonstrator Food Service Team Member Grocery Team Member - All Shifts Meat-Seafood Team Member Salad Bar Team Member Sushi Chef We passionately believe our philosophy-Shop Well. Eat Well. Live Well-means nothing unless we hire well and treat our people well. If you are unable to attend on the above date, please apply on-line at: www. marianos.com or stop in and use our in-store employment kiosk Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4389358) DELIVERY DRIVER / WAREHOUSE WORKER - Delivery Driver/Warehouse Worker -Arlington Hts, IL Duties: assembling equipment, delivery, pick-up and installation of office equipment to clients locally. Requirements: high school diploma and a valid driver's license. Good work ethic, clean driving record, mechanical aptitude, clean working conditions, ability to lift 75 lbs. Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org Toshiba Business Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity/ affirmative action employer "M/F/D/V -EOE" (id:4389341) CLERK - MEDICAL RECORDS - Clerical -Medical Records Clerk to work in small friendly Home Health Agency located in Oak Brook. Call Bridget or Diane at Best Care 630-645-9600 or fax to 630-645-1455 (id:4389657)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.