Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Elk Grove Park District
No challengers so far in Elk Grove Village board race Dec 19, 2014 5:36 PM
So far no challengers have lined up to face the three longest-serving trustees on the Elk Grove Village board. Incumbent Trustees James Petri, Sam Lissner and Nancy Czarnik filed nomination papers this week for re-election.
Elk Grove Village museum celebrates Native American heritage Nov 1, 2014 6:08 PM
An Elk Grove Village museum brought kids outdoors to learn about Native American traditions Saturday. The lessons for the annual celebration: making corn husk dolls, cornmeal from scratch and beaded necklackes.
Daday: Elk Grove Senior Center hub for the 90-somethings Sep 29, 2014 11:02 AM
A funny thing happened to administrators with the Elk Grove Senior Center. When they tried to take a photograph of their members, 90 years and older, they couldn’t fit them all in one frame. More than 40 of the center's members are in their 90s. “We’re seeing people living longer,” says Cindy Sortino, director of the Elk Grove Park District’s Hattendorf Center. “They’re more active and more involved, and our center really relies on them. We’re all about volunteering.”
Jack Siegel’s legal legacy Sep 24, 2014 5:31 PM
Jack Siegel, longtime village attorney for Schaumburg and Arlington Heights, died on Tuesday night.
Pioneer Day Sept. 14, in Elk Grove Village Sep 10, 2014 12:26 PM
The annual Pioneer Day celebration from 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 14, at the Elk Grove Historical Museum will feature a petting zoo, 1800s style live music, historical demonstrations such as candle-making and weaving and an array of historic characters dressed in costume.
Elk Grove Village girl pursues dolphin trainer dream Aug 31, 2014 6:38 AM
As a kindergartener in Elk Grove Village, Mallory Marra just knew that she wanted to grow up to be a dolphin trainer. Now, as a trainer at Florida's Clearwater Marine Aquarium, Marra is thrilled to be working with the dolphin stars in the movie "Dolphin Tale 2," opening Sept. 12
“Mountain of garbage” removed from Salt Creek Jun 12, 2014 5:37 PM
Volunteers were knee-deep in Salt Creek last weekend in Elk Grove Village, collecting some 72 cubic yards of garbage from just over a milelong stretch of the waterway. It was the 20th such cleanup sponsored by the Salt Creek Watershed Network, a regional grass-roots group that promotes the improvement of the creek’s water quality and ecosystem.
Art in the Park is Sunday in Elk Grove Village Jun 6, 2014 4:07 PM
The Elk Grove Park District’s fourth annual Art in the Park will be held noon to 5 p.m. Sunday, June 8 on the Village Green, 901 Wellington Ave. Besides artwork on display and for sale, you can create your own art at an open air studio, watch hands-on demos, visit a children’s art exhibit, juried art booths, and a silent auction.
Grand opening of Elk Grove pool Saturday May 27, 2014 4:37 PM
The grand opening of the refurbished Elk Grove Park District Pavilion Aquatics Center is scheduled for Saturday. A ribbon cutting will be held at noon, followed by games in the new six-lane outdoor pool.
Earth Day event Saturday in Elk Grove Apr 23, 2014 5:46 PM
The Elk Grove Park District will host an Earth Day event Saturday at Olmstead Park. The event includes family fun activities, crafts, games, tree climbing and a live animal program.
Elk Grove celebrates Arbor Day Friday Apr 22, 2014 2:02 PM
The annual Arbor Day celebration hosted by the Elk Grove Park District is scheduled for 10 a.m. Friday. A new tree is planted every Arbor Day, and this year organizers are planning to plant a Quaking Aspen Tree.
Free tax help available in Elk Grove for seniors Feb 3, 2014 3:11 PM
9.83- with one photo Seniors age 60 and over and those with low to moderate incomes may sign up at the Sheila Ray Adult Center to have their 2013 federal and state income tax returns prepared for free! Tax returns are prepared on Wednesdays and Fridays from Feb. 5 through April 11. The appointment times are 8:30, 10 and 11:30 a.m. A photo ID is required at the time of your appointment.
Updated Elk Grove aquatics facility reopens today Feb 1, 2014 8:00 AM
The Elk Grove Park District today will unveil its refurbished Pavilion Aquatics Center, which has undergone some $9 million worth of renovations since last April. The facility now includes a new warm water therapy pool, an expanded 8-lane, 25-yard lap pool with diving area, and updated lagoon pool, whirlpool, steam room, locker rooms and showers.
Daddy Daughter Date Night in Elk Grove Jan 31, 2014 11:52 AM
Ladies, grab your dad, grandfather or your uncle and come to the Daddy Daughter Date Night. Enjoy party games, dancing, a pizza dinner and dessert. Ride on the beautiful carousel. This is a night that memories are made of, so register quickly this event fills up fast.
Elk Grove preschool open house Thursday Jan 22, 2014 5:24 PM
The Elk Grove Park District preschool and kindergarten club will hold an open house Thursday for parents to learn about the program and meet staff. The park district’s preschool has provided early childhood education in Elk Grove Village for over 43 years.
Former Elk Grove library building demolished Jan 15, 2014 7:34 PM
The building that once housed the second Elk Grove Village library has been demolished. The building at 901 Brantwood Ave. will remain as open space. “It had mold. It had asbestos. It should never have been there to start with,” said Mayor Craig Johnson.
Elk Grove hires promoter for 2014 summer concert series Dec 24, 2013 8:06 AM
Elk Grove Village is hiring a private concert promoter to manage and operate its summer concert series, which village officials say is their biggest lineup yet. The village will pay Entertainment Management Group $310,000 to cover the cost of performer fees for the five concerts, as well as payment for staging and lighting costs.
Elk Grove Park District receives Illinois Distinguished Accredited Agency Award Jan 3, 2014 3:52 PM
The Elk Grove Park District has been recognized as an Illinois Distinguished Accredited Agency by the Illinois Association of Park Districts (IAPD) and the Illinois Park and Recreation Association (IPRA).
Elk Grove officials raise funds for park scholarships Dec 14, 2013 6:46 PM
The Elk Grove Parks Foundation held a Spin-O-Thon Fundraiser from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at The Pavilion, 1000 Wellington Ave. in Elk Grove Village. Funds raised will go to the foundation’s scholarship program. Local officials took turns as celebrity riders, vying to attract donations.
Survivor, Pat Benatar part of Elk Grove summer concert lineup Nov 20, 2013 5:49 PM
Elk Grove Village officials say the sixth annual Mid-Summer Classics Concert Series next July is their biggest lineup yet. And it's likely they were able to secure the likes of 70s and 80s classic rock superstars like America, Survivor, Kenny Loggins, Pat Benatar and country artist John Michael Montgomery due to extra funding that became available with the discontinuation of the Tour of Elk Grove. The village is tripling its funding for the concerts.
- Coroner's office investigating death of Blackhawks staffer
- Businessman, outdoorsman found dead in Geneva
- Gire: 'Whiplash' tops 2014's best movies
- 2014-15 Conference Bowl Records
- Imrem: Time to boot Emery out the door
- Quinn wants 2016 special election for comptroller
- New law expands schools' authority to fight bullying
- DuPage County inmates' families given a holiday party
- Reflecting on those who died this year in Lake County
- Elgin sued over planned medical marijuana site
- Coroner's office investigating death of Blackhawks staffer
- Libertyville graduate dies after U. of Missouri fall
- New laws for '15: Bears, boats, 70 mph speed limit
- 7 charged with threats against NYPD officers
- Businessman, outdoorsman found dead in Geneva
- Man hit, killed by train near Cary
- Wheeling trustee had same approach to politics, policing
- Longtime Wheeling Trustee Bob Heer dies
- Great Lakes recruits get Christmas in Arlington Hts.
- Palatine woman lost brother, now aims to stop drug deaths
- LANDSCAPE LABOR - Landscape Laborer (temp 3/17-11/30/15) 25 openings w/ V&A Landscaping, Elgin, IL Emplr provides trans from office to/from jobs in multiple IL co's to mow, cut, edge, water lawns; rake/blow leaves; leaves; dig; plant; pull/chop weeds; prune; fertilize; haul topsoil; mulch; lift/carry up to 50lbs; sprvsd work; no exp/ educ; 45hpw; 7a-5:30p M-F; weekend work; $12.72/hr; $19.08/OT; raise/bonus; emplr pd drug testing. Fax resume to 847-741-8941. (id:4393887) MANUFACTURING - ManufacturingStreamwood 20+ Full and Part Time jobs!! VERY FLEXIBLE schedules! Assembly, Inspecting, Pick/ Packing & Machine Operation 12 hour AM and PM shifts. To $8.60/hr 630-620-9800 Walk-ins Welcome 9am-3pm at Staff Force Addison office 190 North Swift Road, Ste X email@example.com (id:4394096) FIREFIGHTER / PARAMEDIC - FIREFIGHTER / PARAMEDIC The Deerfield Bannockburn Fire Protection District Board of Fire Commissioners will hold examinations for qualified persons to establish an eligibility roster from which Firefighter/ Paramedic vacancies will be filled as needed. Preliminary applications may be obtained in person at Fire Station 20, 500 Waukegan Road, Deerfield, IL, M-F, between 8:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m., beginning January 5, 2015. There is a $20.00 (no credit cards) non-refundable application fee due at the time the application is picked up. Completed applications must be returned in person to Station 20 by 4 p.m. local time on January 26, 2015. Visit the fire department web site for details www.Deerfieldbannockburnfire.org Deerfield Bannockburn Fire Protection District 500 Waukegan Road Deerfield, IL 60015 847-945-4066 DBFD is an Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4394099)
- SR. APPLICATION DEVELOPER - Computer -Senior Application Developer (Bachelor's with 5 yrs exp; Major: CS, Engg, Math or equiv; Other suitable qualifications acceptable) -Schaumburg, Illinois. Job entails working with and requires experience including: all phases of FLCD; Customizing existing packages and redesigning legacy systems; Mentoring junior programmers; Preparing project estimations; Designing databases and creating complex queries; Development and methodologies including Agile and Scrum; Testing applications; and working with the following tools and technologies: VS 2010, SQL Script, Jquery, Ajax, Linq, CSS, XML, WCF, Web Services, and ODBC. Send Resumes to JIT Packaging, Inc. dba The Packaging Wholesalers, Attn: HR, 1365 Mitchell Boulevard, Schaumburg, Illinois 60193. (id:4393282) EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR - Located in Champaign, IL, the State Universities Retirement System of Illinois (SURS; http:www.surs.com ) administers benefits and over $17.4B in assets for approximately 227,000 members. Responsibilities: Reporting to an eleven-member Board of Trustees, the Executive Director directs a staff of 130 through 10 direct reports, including a Chief Investment Officer. The Executive Director also serves as the chief governmental-legislation liaison with the General Assembly, its committees, and other governmental entities as necessary. Requirements: The ideal candidate will possess an advanced degree and progressive management responsibility culminating in a senior management position in a public pension fund, insurance or financial services company, as well as outstanding leadership attributes, excellent communication skills, professional presence and maturity, and sensitivity to issues of managing and funding a public trust fund. The ideal candidate will also have strong people and process management skills, political acumen, strategic agility, and the highest integrity and ethics. Compensation and Benefits: Compensation (base salary plus excellent benefits) will be based upon experience, credentials, and personal characteristics of the candidate. Relocation expenses will be negotiated on an individual basis. SURS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, or to apply, contact: Derrick Buckingham, Senior Vice President and Managing Director The Hollins Group Inc. 225 West Wacker Drive, Suite 1575 Chicago, IL 60606-1274 312-606-2478 firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4393531) LANDSCAPE LABOR - Landscape Laborer (temp 4/1-11/30/15) 10 openings w/ Salinas Brothers, Hampshire, IL to mow, cut, trim, edge, water lawns; rake /blow leaves; dig; plant; pull/chop weeds; prune; mulch; lift/ carry up to 50lbs; no edu/exp; sprvsd wrk; 45hpw; M-F 7a-5:30p; Sat work; higher of retn wrkr rate or $12.72/hr; $19.08/hr OT; raise/bonus; trans provided from central location to/from job sites in multiple IL co's; assists w/ locating shared rental housing; work boots req'd. To apply fax resume 8474645084 (id:4394261)
- DRIVER - Driver -labor intense Class A tanker Hazmat required. $22.70 per hour, weekend & nights required. 50-55 hrs/wk. Fax resume to 630-257-2181. OSCO OIL 13351 Main St. Lemont, IL 60439 EEO/M/F/VET/DISABILITY (id:4392654) LANDSCAPE LABORER - Landscape Laborer, 80 temporary pos, Landscape Concepts Management, Grayslake, Chicago & Aurora, IL. 4/1/2015-11/26/2015. Mow, trim, edge, water, dormant pruning; remove leaves & debris; clean up. Able to lift up to 50 lbs., No exp req., will train. $9.00/hr, $13.50/hr OT, 40 hrs/ wk, OT varies, 6:00a-4:00p, M-Sat Rotating Schedule. Uniform purchase required. Raise at employer's discretion. Transportation provided from central location for mul-tiple job sites within Lake, Cook, DeKalb, DuPage, Grun-dy, Kane, Kendall, McHenry & Will Counties. To apply call 847-223-3800 to schedule an interview or email resume to email@example.com Refer to JO#2380888 (id:4394012) CUSTODIAN - Custodian, Marquardt SD 15, Glendale Hts. Must read, write and be literate in English. Physical ability to perform tasks associated with custodial work. 2 yrs. Exp. as custodian req'd. $11.50/hr. 40 hrs/week. Full benefits. Apply online www.d15.us. (id:4394051)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.