Articles filed under Elk Grove Park District
Elk Grove swimmers will be going elsewhere this summer Apr 8, 2013 12:00 AM
Elk Grove Park District will begin a nearly $7 million renovation/expansion of the Pavilion Aquatic Center after Sunday, that will result in a six-lane, 25-yard outdoor lap pool, a warm water exercise pool, an eight-lane, 25-yard indoor lap pool with diving area, new locker rooms, updated showers in the fitness center, and a new entrance to the aquatic area.
Free exhibit focuses on bicycling Feb 25, 2013 12:00 AM
Pedal your way through the Elk Grove Historical Museum's newest interactive exhibit "Folks with Spokes." Admission to the exhibit is free. "Folks with Spokes" opens on Friday, March 8, and runs through Aug. 31.
John Walz: Candidate ProfileFeb 15, 2013 12:00 AM
Candidate information for John Walz, running for Elk Grove Village Park Board (6-year Terms)
Robert Biedke: Candidate ProfileFeb 15, 2013 12:00 AM
Candidate information for Robert Biedke, running for Elk Grove Village Park Board (6-year Terms)
Elk Grove Parks Foundation Spin-O-Thon raises over $3,500 Dec 17, 2012 12:00 AM
9.50- with one photo-page 4 On Saturday, Dec. 8, the Elk Grove Parks Foundation hosted its first Spin-O-Thon. From 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., "celebrity" volunteers rode stationery bikes in the Pavilion lobby to encourage donations to the Foundation scholarship fund. Over $3,500 was raised.
Decorate a holiday snowman in Elk Grove Village Nov 29, 2012 12:00 AM
The holiday season is quickly approaching, and the Elk Grove Park District has created an exciting way for you to show off your holiday spirit. This year, the Elk Grove Park District is constructing four-foot wooden snowmen especially for you to decorate. All snowmen cost $35 and must be purchased and decorated before Tuesday, Dec. 11. The sooner you call to purchase one, the better, as supplies are limited.
Elk Grove TV premieres new park district show Nov 8, 2012 12:00 AM
Elk Grove Television Station Channel 6 is adding a new show to its lineup highlighting Elk Grove Park District programs, events, facilities, staff and the parks themselves. "A Walk in the Park" premieres at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 15. Channel 6 plans to produce three to four shows a year.
Celebrate Pioneer Day in Elk Grove on Sept. 16 Sep 7, 2012 12:00 AM
7.49- with two photos -page 2 Join in the fall festivities at the annual Pioneer Day celebration from 1-5 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 16, at the Elk Grove Historical Museum. The event will feature live farm animals, historical demonstrations such as candle-making and weaving, and an array of historic characters dressed in costume.
Competitors sought for Elk Grove Challenge Jul 25, 2012 12:00 AM
The Elk Grove Challenge will be on Saturday, Aug. 11. The Challenge is three race events, on one day, sponsored by the Elk Grove Park District.
Exhibit looks at medicine through the years Jun 7, 2012 12:00 AM
The Elk Grove Historical Museum received a Superior Achievement Award from the Illinois State Historical Society for the 2011 exhibition "The Doctor is In: A History of Medicine in Elk Grove." This is the highest award given for exhibit projects from this organization. This is the highest award given for exhibit projects from this organization.
Elk Grove museum marks Civil Warís 150th anniversary May 27, 2012 12:00 AM
The Elk Grove Historical Museum will host a free event marking the 150th anniversary of the Civil War, from 1 to 5 p.m. Saturday, June 2, on the museum grounds, 399 Biesterfield Road.
Northwest suburban water parks opening Memorial Day weekend May 26, 2012 12:00 AM
As the heat rises and summer fever kicks in, numerous suburban pools and water parks are beginning to open. While some water parks won't open until area schools get out, others are opening for the holiday weekend. Here's a look at what's happening at some of the major water parks in the Northwest suburbs.
Elk Grove Park District looks into video gambling May 25, 2012 12:00 AM
The Elk Grove Park District is considering whether to have video gambling machines at Fox Run Golf Links. "We feel that we owe it to our residents to at least explore all the potential revenue sources, and that is just one," Board President Bill O'Malley said.
Elk Grove Park District lifeguards win safety award May 3, 2012 12:00 AM
The Elk Grove Park District Aquatic department was recently notified that its lifeguard staff has been awarded the 2011 Silver International Aquatic Safety Award.
Earth Day celebration includes health fair Apr 13, 2012 12:00 AM
Saturday, April 21, is the annual celebration of Earth Day at Mead Park in Elk Grove Village. From 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., participants are invited to connect with nature and with their natural selves.
Elk Grove Historical Museum opens Girl Scout exhibitMar 12, 2012 12:00 AM
Celebrate the last 100 years of Girl Scouts of the USA with the Elk Grove Historical Museum's newest exhibit, "Scouting About." The exhibit features historic uniforms, photographs, badges and memorabilia from local troops.
12U Stampede earn fifth place in Cooperstown Sep 14, 2011 12:00 AM
The 12U Barrington Stampede competed in the National Baseball Tournament in Cooperstown, N.Y., July 30-Aug. 4. Out of 104 teams, the Stampede placed fifth overall.
Elk Grove Pioneer Day to feature military re-enactments Sep 9, 2011 12:00 AM
Canons firing, military re-enactment and a petting zoo. It's all part of the annual celebration of Pioneer Day from noon-4 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 18, at the Elk Grove Historical Museum Campus.
Rainbow Falls staff dedicated to safety, cleanliness Aug 8, 2011 12:00 AM
Letter to the editor: As an Elk Grove resident and a four-year employee of Rainbow Falls, I can confidently state the village of Elk Grove takes great pride in their park district; especially the Rainbow Falls Water Park facility.
Kids can take the Elk Grove Challenge Aug 7, 2011 12:00 AM
Adults ages 14 and older and youth ages 7-13 are signing up for the Elk Grove Challenge to be held on Saturday, Aug. 13. The Challenge is three race events on one day sponsored by the Elk Grove Park District and Parkway Bank.
- Stevenson teacher to officiate ex-students' wedding
- Route 14 in Barrington closed for hours after train hits semi
- Former Glenbard East student accused of shooting threat
- Blackhawks' dream season now a nightmare
- Waukegan man identified as victim in Zion shooting
- Barrington: Crash raises urgency for changes at CN crossing
- Palatine man killed when motorcycle hit fence
- Blackhawks' frustration builds
- Thursdays baseball scoreboard
- Maryland slaying suspect is son of Bush White House official
SOSEScript: generic_rss failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 99 position 3: Object required: 'rssXML'
- Former Glenbard East student accused of shooting threat
- No verdict yet in Trump lawsuit
- House primed for vote on concealed carry
- Minor injuries for 17 Algonquin students in bounce house accident
- House OKs concealed-carry plan opposed by Quinn
- Rescued Lombard ducklings survive four-day sewer saga
- Blackhawks' frustration builds
- Poll Vault: Whats the best suburban festival?
- Don Mauer puts 'The 8-Hour Diet' to the test
- Did Lake Co. sheriff chief quit or get fired?
- SCHOOL BUS DRIVERS - 4339072 - Now Hiring /Training School Bus Drivers Algonquin & Carpentersville, IL Location Apply online at: www.durhamschoolservices.com Or Call: 847-532-6071 No experience necessary A competitive wage/benefit package Part-time morning and afternoon hours No nights or weekends required (id:4339072) ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - Admin Asst for fast paced roofing co, must be well organized with exc. MS Word skills. Strg customer service background. Email email@example.com (id:4340332) EDUCATION - Education FACULTY, FULL-TIME TENURE TRACK MORTON COLLEGE has the distinction of being the second oldest comprehensive college in Illinois. Our pioneering spirit helped establish the learning community and continues today as a Hispanic Serving institution. Morton College has four (4) Full-Time Tenure Track faculty positions available for Fall 2013. Physical Science Instructor: Must possess a Master's degree in geology, physical sciences, or closely related field, in addition to possessing 18 graduate credit hours in geology. Chemistry Instructor: Must possess a Master's degree in chemistry or closely related field, in addition to possessing 18 or more graduate credit hours in chemistry. Spanish Instructor: Must be fluent in written and oral Spanish and possess a Master's degree in Spanish, or closely related field, in addition to possessing 18 graduate credit hours in Spanish. Digital Arts: Must possess a Master's degree or Master of Fine Arts degree in Fine Art, Digital Art, or closely related field, in addition to possessing 18 graduate credit hours in Art or closely related field. All applicants need excellent analytical, interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills, as well as advanced computer literacy. Morton College's Mission: To enhance the quality of life of our diverse community through exemplary teaching and learning opportunities, community service, and life-long learning. For more information and to apply for this position go to www.morton.edu & click on Working@Morton. Download application, authorization release form, and send cover letter, resume, copy of transcripts (required upon hire), & salary history via e-mail to: HumanResources@morton. edu, fax: 708-656-0025, or mail to: HR Dept., Morton College, 3801 S. Central Ave., Cicero, IL 60804. EOE (id:4339513)
- LIFEGUARDS CERTIFIED - Lifeguards, Certified for River Trails Condos in Prospect Hts. Contact Santiago 847-541-0757 or Kris 847-541-8464. Sal. $10-12/hr depends on exp. reimbursement if certified in 2013 (id:4339891) COMPUTER - Computer -Network Objects seeks Master's+0 or Bachelor's+5 or foreign equiv as System Administration (NOSA13): Lotus Script, VMWare, Sybase. Resumes: Resource Manager, 2300 Barrington Rd, Suite 400, Hoffman Estates, IL 60169. (id:4337277) OFFICE CLERK - Office Position available in Elgin auction gallery. Person needed for typing and miscellaneous office work. Must be able to work one weekend a month. Apply in person: Bunte Auction Services Inc. 755 Church Rd. Elgin, IL 60123 (847)-214-8423 (id:4339780)
- HEALTH CARE - The Garlands of Barrington is looking for special and caring individuals who want to make a difference in an older adult's life to join our team! We have opened our own homecare department, Garlands Homecare Solutions, and we are looking to fill the following positions: -C.N.A's Part time -All shifts -1 year home health experience preferred -Caregivers Part time -All shifts -1 year home health experience preferred -Live-In C.N.A. Full time 1 year home health experience preferred Apply today and experience The Garlands difference! We look forward to meeting you! Apply in person at The Garlands, 1000 Garlands Lane, Barrington IL 60010, email Sandy at Shlousek@thegarlands.com, fax to 847-756-3100 or call Sandy at 847-756-3423. (id:4340178) MANUFACTURING - Manufacturing INJECTION MOLD SET UP TECHNICIAN Lake Zurich mfg co. seeks a set up and operator for plastic injection molding machines. Other duties as required in the department. FT, 1st shift. Benefits included. Please Fax resume to 847-719-3203 (id:4340068) SHOP HELP - Manufacturing-Glendale Hts. Industrial Distributor seeks ambitious, fast learning individual for repairing and assembling equipment and general shop help. Mechanical ability and fluent English required. $9.50 starting. Full-time. Healthcare included. Profit Sharing. Send info to Jobs@A-LEQUIPMENT.com. (id:4340550)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.
Powered by Local.com