Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Elections
Fox Lake fire district seeks tax increase April 7 Mar 23, 2015 5:44 AM
Citing concerns about aging equipment and adequate manpower at fire stations in unincorporated areas, Fox Lake Fire Protection District officials are going to voters with a tax increase proposal. At issue, Chief Ron Hoehne said, is a need to add at least three full-time paramedics to the ranks and boost funding for the district's vehicle maintenance fund in response to an 8 percent rise in emergency calls last year.
O’Malley works to position himself as Clinton alternative Mar 21, 2015 4:19 PM
“His name has not come up in visits I’ve had with my progressive people at all,” said Brenda Brink, a liberal activist from Huxley, Iowa, of Martin O’Malley. “I think people are just so interested in Bernie or Elizabeth.”
Mount Prospect candidates discuss downtown, village’s finances at forum Mar 21, 2015 2:33 PM
Mount Prospect’s downtown area and the village’s finances were among the topics candidates for seats on the village board debated Saturday morning.
Endorsement: Our choices for the College of DuPage board Mar 23, 2015 9:44 AM
Calling the race for the College of DuPage board the "most electric" election in the suburbs this spring, the Daily Herald provides its assessment of the controversities at COD and explains its endorsements of three candidates to move the college forward.
Sussman, Braiman clash over Buffalo Grove’s downtown decisions Mar 20, 2015 9:32 PM
The candidates for Buffalo Grove village president engaged in spirited sparring at a debate held Thursday night at Stevenson High School. Challenger Trustee Beverly Sussman stressed her independence and incumbent Jeffrey Braiman clashed over a recent developer’s proposal, since dropped, to build a new downtown.
COD Foundation director defends board members over no-bid contract claims Mar 20, 2015 6:18 PM
Claims that vendors for College of DuPage benefited from having employees sit on the school’s foundation board are being dismissed as “unwarranted” and “untrue” by the executive director of the foundation. "The volunteers who serve on the board of the College of DuPage Foundation are respected leaders in our community who have agreed to act as goodwill ambassadors for our school,” foundation Executive Director Catherine Brod said.
Endorsements: Yes on Fox Lake FPD referendum Mar 20, 2015 11:33 AM
The Daily Herald recommends a "yes" vote to increase taxes for the Fox Lake Fire Protection District.
Campton Hills trustee hopefuls differ on ending board strife Mar 20, 2015 5:30 AM
Six hopefuls seeking three seats on the Campton Hills village board agree the board needs to cease the dysfunction, but they disagree as to how to do it. Trustees Laura Andersen, Susan George and newcomer Michael O'Dwyer are running as a slate; Don Sheluga, Mike Turgeon and Steven Galloway were recruited by President Patsy Smith to run for office.
Endorsements: Lang, Papantos, Vogel for Wheeling village board Mar 20, 2015 11:12 AM
The Daily Herald endorses Ray Lang, Dave Vogel and Mary M. Papantos for Wheeling village board.
Campton Hills trustee hopefuls differ on need for 2nd law firm Mar 20, 2015 4:52 PM
Six people seeking three seats on the Campton Hills village board share differing views on whether it was right for trustees to hire a second law firm in addition to the village attorney. Laura Andersen and Susan George are seeking re-election, while Steven Galloway, Michael O'Dwyer, Don Sheluga and Mike Turgeon each seek a first, 4-year term.
MHS candidate forum: Mar 20, 2015 4:44 PM
Students in Mundelein High School’s Advanced Placement Government & Politics classes will host a forum for candidates running for Mundelein village board trustee seats, Tuesday, March 31, at 7 p.m. in the school auditorium.
Endorsements: Klicka, Doherty, Tenuta, Murphy for Mount Prospect parks Mar 20, 2015 1:00 AM
The Daily Herald endorses Tim Doherty, Bill Klicka, Mike Murphy and Lisa Tenuta for the Mount Prospect park board.
Endorsement: Antioch ambulance service: Yes Mar 20, 2015 1:00 AM
The Daily Herald endorses the Antioch and Antioch Township ambulance referendum questions.
Attend candidate forum for Batavia District 101 Mar 20, 2015 1:39 PM
Eight candidates are competing in the April 7 consolidated election for three, 4-year terms on the Batavia Unit District 101 school board.
Naperville candidates question kids museum’s temporary move to Aurora Mar 20, 2015 9:59 AM
DuPage Children’s Museum is getting closer to knowing when its flood-damaged home at 301 N. Washington St. in Naperville will reopen, and it likely will be this summer. But the museum is taking heat from three mayoral candidates who say it should not have left the city to establish a temporary location in Aurora. “We were disappointed that they went to Fox Valley mall instead of a vacant store in Naperville,” candidate Doug Krause said. “We need to be working with them so we make sure that we keep that asset here in Naperville.”
Endorsements: Nesvacil, Naughton for Arlington Heights park board Mar 19, 2015 1:00 AM
The Daily Herald endorses Myles Naughton and Rob Nesvacil for the Arlington Heights Park District board
Endorsements: Yes to Fox River, Countryside Fire District proposal Mar 19, 2015 1:00 AM
The Daily Herald recommends voting yes on the Fox River & Countryside Fire/Rescue tax increase request.
Zarkowsky replaces Gauthier on Dist. 96 board Mar 19, 2015 5:14 PM
Kildeer Countryside School District 96 Board of Education members Tuesday approved the appointment of Cynthia Zarkowsky to fill the vacancy created by the resignation in February of Bob Gauthier. She was among three candidates who interviewed her selection was unanimous. She will serve the remainder of Gauthier’s term, which ends in April 2017.
Glen Ellyn village board candidates debate need for underpass Mar 19, 2015 1:24 PM
The lone incumbent in Glen Ellyn’s village board race, Pete Ladesic, says the community needs another underpass near downtown, at least in part to improve accessibility for emergency vehicles. But the other candidates vying for three open spots on the board — John Kenwood, Carol Fontana and Mark Senak — aren’t quite as convinced.
Endorsements: No on Sleepy Hollow property tax increase Mar 19, 2015 1:22 PM
The Daily Herald recommends a "no" vote on Sleepy Hollow's request to increase property taxes.
- Police: Grayslake bank robber in custody
- 15 trucks hit new railroad bridge in Bensenville
- Who wins, loses under Illinois school funding proposal
- Getting crowded
- Prosecutor: Family heard murder victim's screams
- Cause of 5-vehicle crash on Rte. 53 investigated
- Schaumburg says yes to high-end apartment complex
- Ex-Buffalo Grove resident, Grammy Award-winning pianist returns
- Mount Prospect police release video of fatal hit-and-run crash
- Judge: Grayslake charter school should not have been renewed
- Earthquake reported west of Lake in the Hills
- Muslim parents: Our kids are not terrorists
- Police: Huntley man killed his wife
- Prosecutor: Family heard murder victim's screams
- Kuma's Corner coming to Schaumburg in July
- Bulls pick up big win at Toronto
- Police: Indiana man killed in murder plot pleaded with wife
- Girls soccer scoreboard: Tuesday's results
- House OKs budget fix that covers day care, court reporters
- St. Charles North strikes fast, beats Geneva
- DRIVER - VAN DRIVER/PART-TIME /20 HOURS WEEK Nonprofit agency in Palatine has 20 hour week job transporting adults with disabilities from home to work site for AM & PM routes. Applicants need valid driver license/good driving recd. Contact Liz @847-540-3703(P),847-438-9698 (F), firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4401851) PET SITTER - ELGIN-BASED PET CARE PROVIDER SEEKING FULL TIME and PART TIME PET SITTER ASSISTANT. EMAIL RESUME TO ELGINPETSITTER@GMAIL.COM. (id:4401494) DRIVERS - Janitor Hourly Pay and Benefits Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and 401k Paid Vacation and Holidays Financially Sound Company Established 1934 Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer Apply in person at: Old Dominion Freight Line 255 W Oakton Des Plaines, IL 60018 Or Fax Resume to 847-827-5990 (id:4402037)
- COMPUTER - Computer/IT: Hospira, Inc. seeks SAP BW Lead in Lake Forest, IL. Analyze biz info (Finance, Supply Chain, Adv Planner, Sales & Distrib) & other sys landscape needs to implement & improve Biz Intelligence. Analyze & design solutions based on user reqs, procedures, & improve existing sys & review sys capabilities, ops, workflow, & sched limis. MS in Comp Engg, IT, Comp Sci or rel fld & 2 yrs work expe in app development OR BS in Comp Engg, IT, Comp Sci or rel fld & 5 yrs exp in app development w/ SAP BW Development, Modeling, & Reporting. Must have exp. w/: SAP ABAP development; training Power Users in SAP Tools & Tech; SAP Business Warehouse, Financials, Sales & Distrib, Adv Planner & Optimizer, Supply Chain, & HR improving, optimizing, & stabilizing environments; participating in implementation & rollout of apps to Manufacturing Plants; creating biz process design specifications, configuring interfaces, writing programming specs, configuring SAP, performing testing, providing end user training & creating biz process docs; & planning SAP program-wide app build, test, deploy, & post go-live activities. Interested applicants: send resume to: email@example.com reference: REQ#: IL0016 EOE (id:4400708) CUSTOMER SERVICE - Customer Support We are an Independent Food Broker located in the Western Suburbs of Chicago in business for 15 years. Summary: Manage client accounts and support Account Managers to ensure client, customer and company expectation are adhered to. Support Sales Team with order entry and sales presentations Assist with daily account management for select client accounts Ensure order entry database is maintained with accurate client/customer information Resolves problems in an efficient and courteous manner Organizes and files client correspondence, contracts, bill backs and deductions Process client claims and deductions for repayment Issue client check drafts in a timely and accurate manner and maintain log accurately Process misc. sales and customer service correspondence as needed Perform month end reporting invoicing for various account Requirements: Excellent customer service skills Strong organization, problem solving analytical and time management skills Attention to detail Outstanding written and verbal communication skills Taking initiative; strong sense of task completion Trustworthy; ability to handle confidential and sensitive information Able to work in a fast paced environment, organized, able to multi task TEAM orientated and hard working Prompt attendance Must be efficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) 2+ Years Sales Support or Customer Service College degree preferred Please send resume to HR@ISIMIDWEST.COM (id:4400672) RESTAURANT - Restaurant -Garibaldi's Restaurant in Arlington Hts., or Hoffman Estates, FT & PT positions available: counter help, pizza makers, delivery drivers, grill cooks. Call between 9a & 11a or 2p-4p. 847-577-4000 (id:4401439)
- PROJECT MANAGER AND SUPERINTENDENTS - Now hiring Construction Project Managers and Superintendents. Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4401406) BILINGUAL THERAPIST - Bilingual Spanish Therapist, Elgin and Aurora -Masters with LCSW-LCPC. M-F, 35 hrs. + benefits. Apply: email@example.com. (id:4401929) LANDSCAPING - Landscaping $12/ hour (847) 776-2400 en Palatine Necessita experienca (id:4401864)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.