Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Dundee Township
FISH Food Pantry hopes for turkey donations Nov 12, 2014 2:50 PM
This Thanksgiving, don’t expect to receive a frozen turkey from volunteers at the Carpentersville-based FISH Food Pantry. For the second year, the holiday’s centerpiece will not be given to needy families, said Mary Graziano, FISH president.
Set afire or swept away: How the Dundees handle fallen leaves Oct 29, 2014 1:29 PM
Pretty leaves don’t stay pretty for long. Once they fall from the trees, they lose their awe and create work for homeowners who have to rake and dispose of them. In East and West Dundee, homeowners have options to make their fallen leaves go away.
Kane County launches, plans to expand peer jury program Oct 29, 2014 11:41 PM
Kane County has launched a Peer Jury Program, through which students who commit first-time non-violent offenses are assigned a punishment by other students instead of going before a juvenile court judge. "Coming from a teenager their own age, it really makes an impact on them. That's the point," said a prosecutor involved in the program Peer juries began in Chicago in 1995 and are currently offered in Elgin, Aurora and Dundee Township.
Dundee Township Rotary to throw special Halloween party Oct 22, 2014 1:54 PM
For the last 15 years, Dundee Township Rotary Club members have been hosting a Halloween party for disabled and terminally ill people. Many who have attended were children, but some special needs adults have also enjoyed the festivities.
How bad will our winter be? A caterpillar can tell you. Oct 22, 2014 3:28 PM
Memories of last year's icy winter are etched in our minds. Many are wondering what's in store this winter. Look no farther than the woolly bear caterpillar. Like Punxsutawney Phil, the renowned groundhog who predicts the coming of spring, the woolly bear caterpillar is said to predict the winter ahead.
Carpentersville’s Trendy Tots resale shop to close in November Oct 21, 2014 3:25 PM
After three years of buying and selling fashionable children’s clothing along the Randall Road corridor, Trendy Tots in Carpentersville is closing its doors for good. Its last day will be Nov. 22.
Dick Pond in Carpentersville to close Oct. 31 Sep 23, 2014 8:44 AM
It's been the go-to store for area runners for the past seven years. But it won't be for much longer. Dick Pond in Carpentersville is set to close its doors for good at the end of October.
Woman injured after being pinned in car near West Dundee Sep 21, 2014 9:19 PM
An injured woman who was pinned in her vehicle after a crash Sunday evening near West Dundee was airlifted to the hospital, fire officials said. The woman, who was not identified, was trapped in her car for more than 20 minutes around 6:30 p.m. Sunday while Carpentersville Fire Protection District firefighters worked to free her from the wreckage near the intersection of Route 31 and Forest Drive in an unincorporated area near West Dundee.
The sandhill crane: A restoraton success story Sep 13, 2014 7:49 AM
It's a restoraton success story. Just 10 years ago, the sandhill crane was a rare sight in Kane County. But wetland restoration efforts have been a boon to this big bird, and sandhills are now a common sight throughout northern Illinois.
East Dundee takes a bigger role in Heritage Fest Sep 10, 2014 5:45 AM
With East Dundee taking more of an active role in Heritage Fest, the three-day eventl, which starts Friday, Sept. 12, and spans both East and West Dundee, will be full of international food, more regional and local entertainment, and history lessons.
Bring your four-legged friend to Dog Days of Dundee Sep 4, 2014 1:51 PM
Dogs and cats are a part of the family, and they’re invited to a get-together in the park. Dog Days of Dundee is being held from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 6, at Randall Oaks Park, 1180 N. Randall Road, West Dundee. Admission is free.
The summer of 1914: Top news stories in Elgin Aug 21, 2014 4:10 PM
What do gumball machines, saloons, race cars and doctors have in common? They were all among the top news stories in Elgin 100 years ago. Here's a look at the top headlines in the summer of 1914.
Sleepy Hollow corn roast will benefit Special Olympics Aug 7, 2014 5:01 AM
The Northern Fox Valley has a chance to give the Special Olympics Illinois a financial shot in the arm by attending the annual corn roast at Randy’s Vegetable Stand in Sleepy Hollow on Sunday, Aug. 10.
Wine Down Wednesdays continue in East Dundee Jul 28, 2014 8:27 AM
The Village of East Dundee will be hosting its second of its Wine Down Wednesdays on Wednesday, June 30, with a French twist. As part of its offerings, the Anvil Club is sponsoring six French wines to taste.
Summer twilight: an enchanting time Jul 18, 2014 2:40 PM
The long, hot day melts in the dimming light. Faintly, the evening star appears in the sky. Animals begin to shift in the shadows. It’s twilight. It’s summer. And summer twilight is an enchanting time.
Repairs planned for West Dundee fountain Jul 16, 2014 3:08 PM
The fountain in West Dundee’s Grafelman Park will flow again. Village officials do not know when, but they hope it will be before Heritage Fest in September.
East Dundee to redevelop village hall, former firehouse Jul 10, 2014 6:06 AM
The lights are off at 115 Third St., the old East Dundee firehouse, and now it is up to village officials to decide how they will reconfigure the 63-year old building, so it can house their police department.
Get a taste of Greek culture at Elgin festival Jul 9, 2014 9:19 AM
To those who attend the St. Sophia Greek Orthodox Church Greek Festival each year, the event appears seamless, says parishioner Polly Gorski. In reality, she said, church members work for months on end to put together a festival that emphasizes and embraces Greek culture.
Bonnie Dundee Golf Club brings new hybrid sport of FootGolf to Fox Valley Jun 27, 2014 8:24 AM
Switch out a golf ball for a soccer ball and replace a golf club with your foot, and you get FootGolf, a growing international sport making an appearance in various parts of the country, including in Illinois. The most recent course has opened at Bonnie Dundee Golf Club in Carpentersville.
May the best chef win in East Dundee Jun 24, 2014 1:01 AM
Fans of chef challenge shows can check out a competition in person when the village of East Dundee holds a “Pig-Nic Throwdown” Sunday, June 29, at the Farmers Market, 319 N. River Street.
- Harper College promises two years of free tuition
- Mom asks Arlington Heights schools to ban peanuts
- Rozner: Bears show true colors with McDonald signing
- Harper president tried free tuition program at his last school
- Images: An Hour in Bloomingdale
- Miles: Can Cardinals quiet the doom-and-gloomers again?
- 15,000 eggs up for grabs at Mooseheart Easter egg hunt
- Son's illiness causes Maryland coach Frese to 'enjoy the moment'
- Barrington blasts 6 home runs
- Mediocre foes bring out the worst in the Hawks
- Trash bin fire causes smoke damage at Mundelein Goodwill
- Kuma's Corner coming to Schaumburg in July
- The sex discrimination trial that rocked Silicon Valley. What you need to know.
- Bulls thriving after being spurned by Melo
- Wheaton man charged with stealing from Downers Grove charity
- Ex-Islamic Foundation finance director admits theft
- Change in constitution is only permanent solution to pension crisis
- Rolling Meadows man charged with convenience store robbery
- Prosecutors: Employee stole $3,600 from Rosemont restaurant
- Elgin man charged with selling heroin near school
- Eliminate Illinois' gym class requirement?
- Lawmakers trying to figure out how to punish COD, exempt other schools
- Suburban lawmaker's plan to decriminalize marijuana rejected
- Rauner's immigration message leaves advocates perplexed
- Mediocre foes bring out the worst in the Hawks
- Durbin statements show double standard
- Harper College promises two years of free tuition
- The Soapbox
- 3 pigs perish in morning Huntley barn fire
- Prosecutor: Family heard murder victim's screams
- QUALITY CONTROL INSPECTOR - Quality Control Inspector 2nd Shift 2:00pm-11:00pm Aerospace Manufacturing Duties: CMM experience, ability to perform dimensional inspection of complex machined parts experience with setting up and using bore gages. Benefits: Shift Premium, 401K, Blue Cross Health Insurance Send Resume Fax: 847 439 0230 or email resume PamS@ajrindustries.com See web site for more information at www.ajrindustries.com (id:4400160) LABORER / LANDSCAPE - Laborer -Acres Group is hiring landscape Maintenance Foremen and Laborers for the entire Chicagoland area. Interested applicants must have valid driver's license and proper documentation. Apply in person North: 610 W. Liberty St. Wauconda-(847) 526-4554, Central: 250 N. Garden Ave Roselle-(630) 351-4336, South: 23940 W. Andrews Rd. Plainfield-(815) 439-2022. (id:4400043) PAYROLL - Payroll -NSSEO, a special education public school district, has an immediate FT Payroll Officer position available in Mt. Prospect. Responsibilities include processing payroll for 400+ employees & being a key liaison between HR, Business & outside service providers. Ideal candidate will possess a strong payroll or accounting background with exceptional Excel skills & customer service driven attitude. Exp. with AS400 or Infinite Visions a plus. Competitive salary & benefit package starting at $24.19/hr. Apply online at www.nsseo.org. EOE (id:4401863)
- DRYWALL TAPER / FINISHER - Drywall taper/finisher for new construction and remodeling work Call Chuck 630-330-6326 (id:4402475) DRIVERS - Part-Time Drivers Wanted Manheim Auto Auction, the world's leading provider of vehicle remarketing services is seeking energetic individuals to join Manheim Arena in Bolingbrook, IL. Simple to qualify: Regular driver license and clean record. Able to work 7-29 hrs/week. Good attention to detail and safety sense. Ability to stand, enter/exit cars during shifts. Able to pass background check and drug test. Apply at www.ManheimDriverJobs.com search for job 144958. (id:4401696) TEACHER PRESCHOOL - Small, independent Preschool in Rolling Meadows, IL offering full and part day programs, looking for a full time 3-4 yr. old teacher. Must be teacher qualified. Familiar with all State and NAEYC accreditation standards. Full time year around position. Top salary and benefits based on qualifications. Call Sara at 847-991-7900 or email@example.com (id:4400186)
- PET SITTER - ELGIN-BASED PET CARE PROVIDER SEEKING FULL TIME and PART TIME PET SITTER ASSISTANT. EMAIL RESUME TO ELGINPETSITTER@GMAIL.COM. (id:4401494) CLEANING - CARPET CLEANING Water Damage Tech. Must have DL & speak Eng. $12 -15 to start + bonus potential. McMaid Rolling Meadows 847-991-2383 (id:4402039) JOB FAIR - COME AND EXPLORE THE EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITIES AT BRIARWOOD HEALTHCARE CENTER JOB FAIR Giveaways!!! Refreshments! WHEN: THURSDAY, APRIL 2, 2015 1:00 PM -5:00 PM WHERE: 350 W. SCHAUMBURG RD. SCHAUMBURG, IL 60194 Bridgewater place -SARAH'S GROVE Career Opportunities Available: Registered nurse (FT/PT/POOL) Certified nursing assistant (FT/PT) ON-THE-SPOT INTERVIEWS will be offered! Bring your resume! Friendship Village offers excellent salary and benefits. www.friendshipsenioroptions.org Friendship Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4402540)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.