Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Dundee Area Unit District 300
Teen who died in Oak Brook accident remembered as ‘giving’ Dec 28, 2013 12:00 AM
Funeral services will take place Sunday and Monday for a 19-year-old Carpentersville woman who died last week after falling from a snow and ice removal truck in Oak Brook. According to news release issued by the Oak Brook Police Department, the accident occurred around 1 p.m. on Dec. 22, near 22nd Street and Clearwater Drive in Oak Brook.
Algonquin teacher wins award from Obama Dec 21, 2013 12:00 AM
Algonquin teacher Lisa Feltman, one of 102 recipients nationally of the Presidential Award for Excellence in Mathematics and Science Teaching, says her absolute passion is teaching math. The award is just the latest among several accolades for Feltman, a fifth-grade teacher at Neubert Elementary School, who also was a state finalist for the award in 2008. “I’m very strong at math, and I’ve always excelled in math. I love math,” she said.
Bloomingdale woman to take the ice as Olympic refereeDec 17, 2013 12:00 AM
Erin Blair, 32, has spent a large chunk of her life training for the Winter Olympics. In February, the Bloomingdale resident will take the ice in Sochi — as a referee — with the greatest women's hockey players in the world. “It's something I've been working towards for a long time and there are so many people in the system who want what I want — there were never any guarantees,” Blair said.
2013-2014 Fox Valley Leadership Team Dec 13, 2013 12:00 AM
The students named to the Daily Herald Leadership Team sometimes amaze even those who know them best. "I have never seen a student do what Sally did last year ... (she) organized an entire school and literally an entire community to hold a Relay For Life," writes Jonathan Young, a counselor at Central High School on behalf of his nominee, Sally Heyob. The 39 members of the 2013-14 Fox Valley Leadership team, both winners and honorable mentions, have that kind of drive in common.
A look at the Fox Valley’s biggest news stories in 2013 Dec 11, 2013 12:00 AM
The year 2013 saw at least a half dozen court cases across the Fox Valley came to an end, turnover in key political positions, progress on several construction projects and important property acquisitions. Former British Prime Minister Tony Blair also made a trip across the pond to speak to a select group at Judson University and Batavia rejoiced when after more than 100 years its football team won the Class 6A state football championship. Those stories and the others that follow, had all of us talking.
Marklund expansion aimed at helping more kids with autismDec 2, 2013 12:00 AM
Marklund has plans to build a $4 million expansion of its Life Skills Academy in Bloomingdale. The addition will serve as many as 50 more children, ages 3 through 21, who have autism. “This is going to be a state-of-art school built for children with autism,” said Gilbert Fonger, president and CEO of Marklund. But some residents living near the campus oppose the project.
What today's students learn about Kennedy Nov 22, 2013 12:00 AM
When U.S. history students at Schaumburg High School are asked to rank the nation's presidents at the end of each school year, one familiar name often doesn't make the top 10 or 15: JFK. “My students don't feel that special bond to him that their parents and grandparents do,” said teacher Andrew Lazzara. “They are so far removed from the assassination that Kennedy doesn't have the same emotional appeal."
‘A Gift of Love’ concert proceeds to help feed neighbors in need Nov 15, 2013 12:00 AM
Enjoy music and support neighbors in need at “A Gift of Love,” a musical performance to benefit the Algonquin/Lake in the Hills Interfaith Food Pantry. The concert will be at 6 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 23, at Cambridge Lakes Charter School in Pingree Grove.
District 300 to seek higher property tax levy Nov 12, 2013 12:00 AM
Community Unit School District 300 officials have set the district's preliminary levy at about $200 million, but officials stress that the figure is a placeholder until the county clerks gives them the valuation of the district's property in April. The district lies within Kane, Cook, McHenry and DeKalb Counties.
Green club at Jacobs H.S. reaping what it sowsNov 9, 2013 12:00 AM
For decades, a greenhouse atop Jacobs High School was a dumping ground for embalmed cats, old television sets and broken equipment. But thanks to a school club, it’s meeting its intended uses of growing plants and enhancing the school’s curriculum. What’s more, the Green Eagles environmental club that renovated the greenhouse pays it forward by growing fruit and vegetable seedlings for the Algonquin Lake in the Hills Interfaith Food Pantry.
Hampshire High School’s ‘A Midsummer Night’s Dream’Nov 8, 2013 12:00 AM
Fairies and lovers take the stage this weekend when Hampshire High School presents "A Midsummer Night's Dream." Director Jennifer Steljes thinks audiences will appreciate the comedy in this famous Shakespeare work.
Editorial: NFL bullying case is a teaching momentNov 6, 2013 12:00 AM
Suburban schools, coaches, parents and students should use the Miami Dolphins' controversy as a teaching moment for their anti-bullying efforts, a Daily Herald editorial says.
Report card shows huge dips, some gains across Fox ValleyOct 31, 2013 12:00 AM
Despite a significant drop in test scores, administrators at Fox River Grove School District 3 are happy the tiny district's roughly 500 students are doing far better than the rest of the state on standardized tests. The two-school district, like many others throughout the Fox Valley, faired poorly in the Illinois Standards Achievement Test with its composite score dipping 15.9 percentage points from the previous year,
Grandparents raising grandchildren on the rise Oct 31, 2013 12:00 AM
The Illinois Department on Aging says the number of grandparents raising grandchildren has increased dramatically in the last 25 years. The U.S. Census Bureau found in 2012 that more than 275,000 grandparents are living with their grandchildren in Illinois.
Dist. 300 student program aims to stop bullying Oct 29, 2013 12:00 AM
Community Unit Community Unit District 300 is making good on its pledge to focus on bullying prevention and as such, has deployed 120 students in three schools to stop bullying among their peers. The Carpentersville-based school district is involved with Safe School Ambassador Student Program which recruits “socially influential” students who have the power to speak out against bullying and change the way their fellow students treat each other.
Lots of Halloween events coming up to keep you busy Oct 23, 2013 12:00 AM
Halloween is almost here and in case you don’t have plans elsewhere, and there are several related activities going on in the community this weekend. First up is the Dundee Township Park District, which is holding Hallow-Palooza from 6 to 9 p.m. Friday, Oct. 25, at the Rakow Center, 665 Barrington Avenue in Carpentersville.
District 300 celebrates its cultures at inaugural festival Oct 20, 2013 12:00 AM
Organizers of the first D300 Multicultural Festival, an event celebrating the cultural diversity of Community Unit Community Unit District 300, had reason to cheer Sunday as the event was a big success. “This has been an overwhelming first year for an event,” Superintendent Michael Bregy said.
District 300 to celebrate its diversity this weekend Oct 17, 2013 12:00 AM
Community Unit District 300 parents, students and officials invite everyone celebrate its rainbow of diversity at its D300 Multicultural Festival from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday at Spring Hill Mall in West Dundee.
D. 300’s bond ratings are unchanged Oct 16, 2013 12:00 AM
Community Unit District 300’s bond credit ratings have remained stable, according to a report the district’s chief financial officer presented to the board Monday. Moody’s assigned the district bond an “Aa3” bond rating, while Standard and Poors rated the district “AA.”
Suburban schools aim to increase staff diversity to mirror studentsOct 15, 2013 12:00 AM
Elgin Area School District U-46 has a 45.7 percentage point gap between the portion of minority students and that of minority teachers. It's a similar story in Schaumburg Township Elementary District 54, Naperville Unit District 203, East Aurora Unit District 131, and others. “Moving forward, we must make a concerted effort to reach out to underrepresented group members," a Round Lake Area Unit District 116 official said.
- Mom upset over candy, movies at daughter's school
- Coldwater Creek stores to close
- Arlington Heights man sentenced for 6th DUI
- Huntley could become distribution hub for Weber grills
- Rentals, mixed-use projects revive suburban sites
- Chapa LaVia apologizes over racial comments
- Classmate of murder suspect wants to end confusion about names
- Dawn Patrol: 6 years for 6th DUI; good, bad news for Schaumburg dogs
- Help and tears follow story on veterinarian
- No Wing pool, new farm animals in Elgin this summer
- EDUCATION - Education Harper College Summer Adjunct Faculty Openings Come share your knowledge and experiences with our students! Located in Palatine, Illinois, Harper College enrolls over 20,000 students of all ages, is committed to diversity and multiculturalism and is dedicated to creating a vibrant learning environment which embodies our institutional core values of integrity, respect, excellence and collaboration. We are seeking applications for the following Summer 2014 Adjunct Faculty positions: Credit Classes: View job descriptions and complete our required online application at: https://jobs.harpercollege.edu harpercollege.edu Harper College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Exploring Learning Illuminating Academic ESL Adult Education/Literacy ESL Astronomy Certified Nursing Assistant Chemistry Engineering General Biology German Human Anatomy Human Physiology Mathematics Philosophy Physical Science Physics Spanish (id:4369579) DRIVER - Driver Driver/Concierge -PT Transport residents to appoint- ments and events, maintain a vehicle log, relieve Concierge for break when applicable, and assist with resident activities. Please provide a DMV printout of your driving record when interviewed. Reqs: Valid IL Class C Driver's License, 2 yrs exp. Fax, apply in person or apply online at belmontvillagejobs.com Belmont Village of Buffalo Grove 500 McHenry Road, Buffalo Grove, IL 60089 fax: 847-537-5308 EOE (id:4369919) HVAC SERVICE TECH - F-T HVAC tech. 5+ yrs exp. Must have valid dr lic and clean dr record. Oncall rotation req, local tech pref. great benefits. Ibbotson Htg. 847-253-0866 (id:4369828)
- DRIVER - Drivers National DCP is the exclusive sourcing and distribution provider for Dunkin' Donuts Brand, and is seeking experienced CDL A Route Drivers $2,500 SIGNING BONUS after 90 days of employment! National DCP offers great benefits, straight pay and the potential to earn up to $80,000 annually! Saturday, April 12th 8:00am-1:00pm Apply in person at: Hilton Garden Inn -Chicago/Tinley Park 18335 LaGrange Road Tinley Park, IL 60487 Location is off of I-80: Exit 145 LaGrange Road Applicants unable to attend may email their resume to: email@example.com Required Experience/Qualifications: -Minimum of 2 years' driving experience -Clean driving record -Current medical certification -Ability to lift up to 50 pounds -Must clear all required DOT pre-employment screening (id:4370457) MERCHANDISER - Hiring P-T Merchandisers and Team Leads Shifts available: M-Th 6am-2:30pm and Sun-Wed 9:30pm-6am. Apply at www.fprs.com (id:4368898) SHIPPING AND RECEIVING - Shipping/Receiving Need exp. asst in shipping & receiving to work and oversee outgoing shipments e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4370032)
- SR. FINANCIAL ANALYST - Financial Sr. Financial Analyst -Charge Master Full-time, Days This position requires a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business; Master's degree preferred. Requires a minimum five to seven years of health care experience and knowledgeable of the healthcare industry, reimbursement programs, hospital coding, provider billing, and revenue analysis. Apply online at: www.rockfordhealthsystem.org EOE (id:4369976) AUTO BODY TECHNICIAN - AUTO BODY TECHNICIAN Immediate opening for an experienced body tech. Frame exp-I-CAR a plus. Other positions available. email@example.com. 847-823-9805 (id:4370494) BOOKKEEPER WANTED - Bookkeeper Wanted!! Position within insurance related business. Must be proficient with Quickbooks. email: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4369428)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.