Activate Your Free
Articles filed under DuPage County
Dawn Patrol: No flying to storm out east; Island Lake clerk dies Jan 27, 2015 5:49 AM
Flights canceled as blizzard shuts down East Coast; COD to vote again on Breuder $762,000 severance package; Gurnee OKs $5.8 million in tax breaks for AKHAN to move; ISU student from Crystal Lake taken off life support; services set for Cubs legend Ernie Banks; Island Lake clerk loses battle with cancer.
Trooper injured in I-88 crash seeks homicide charges against truck driver Jan 27, 2015 2:08 PM
With the trial for a Hanover Park truck driver accused of causing a January 2014 crash along Interstate 88 that killed a tollway worker and seriously injured a state trooper just weeks away, his victims are seeking increased reckless homicide charges against the driver.
Dawn Patrol: Former Kane sheriff dies; winds force early end to Norge event Jan 26, 2015 5:50 AM
Fmr. Kane County Sheriff dies; Winds force early end to Norge ski-jumping competition; Elk Grove man facing trial on allegations he abused friend’s daughters; Man shot while walking along Elgin street; Crystal Lake couple, 6 others charged in $600,000 tax scheme; SAG Awards photo gallery; Big challenge ahead for Bears’ Fangio; White Sox fans happy to see Samardzija; Toews scores goal, 4 assists in All-Star game
Naperville woman files fedral suit against the city Jan 26, 2015 6:05 PM
A Naperville woman acquitted in October of resisting or obstructing a Naperville peace officer is now seeking damages from the city and penalties for the officers involved in her arrest.
Judge scolds Bolingbrook man for selling fake Blackhawks tickets Jan 27, 2015 5:40 AM
A Bolingbrook man who admitted to forging fake Chicago Blackhawks tickets avoided prison time on Monday. However, Edgar I. Kim didn't leave the DuPage County courtroom without getting an earful from a judge who apparently is a Blackhawks fan.
Elk Grove man facing trial on allegations he abused friend's daughters Jan 26, 2015 5:46 AM
An Elk Grove Village man is scheduled to stand trial this week on accusations he sexually abused a friend's 5- and 9-year-old daughters and photographed the attacks. Scott J. Gates, 35, of the 600 block of Carroll Square, has been held on $250,000 bail charged with predatory criminal sexual assault of a child and aggravated criminal sexual abuse of a child.
DuPage County judge remembered as advocate for children Jan 24, 2015 10:13 PM
As a longtime DuPage County judge, it would be nearly impossible for Michael R. Galasso to please everyone who appeared before him in court. Yet, friends and family say he seemingly managed to do just that, with his caring and relatable demeanor. Galasso, of Elgin, died Friday at age 78 after a brief battle with cancer.
Robert Breuder’s employment history Jan 23, 2015 7:13 PM
Robert Breuder’s employment history
Water-damaged Naperville museum lays off employees Jan 23, 2015 5:46 PM
The temporary closure of DuPage Children’s Museum in Naperville has resulted in the loss of a job for an unspecified number of museum employees. “Sarah Orleans, who is our president and CEO, and the board have had to make some thoughtful business decisions regarding facility services and staff,” museum spokeswoman Dee Dee McDevitt said Friday. “We have told staff at this time while we are closed to please take care of themselves and their families..."
Possible 3-6 inches of snow expected Saturday night, Sunday Jan 23, 2015 2:50 PM
Just as we were letting down our winter guard a bit, Old Man Winter is sneaking back in with the threat of snow this weekend.
Dawn Patrol: COD president’s $762,000 deal; Danica Patrick in Lombard Jan 23, 2015 5:49 AM
COD board says yes to $762,000 Breuder severance deal. Bail revoked for former Gavin teacher in sexual assault. Autistic man from Glendale Heights is missing. Patrick leads ‘Healthy Driven’ campaign in suburbs. Messmer sings national anthem at Geneva/Batavia game. 2 arrested in St. Charles tobacco shop robbery. Seabrook’s all-star honor well-deserved.
Over 300 building violations found at DuPage fairgrounds Jan 23, 2015 7:29 PM
DuPage County Fair organizers are vowing the annual event will continue without interruption despite the discovery of more than 300 building code violations inside multiple structures at the DuPage County fairgrounds. Wheaton City Manager Don Rose said many of the violations at the site were “very minor” while others were “more substantial.”
DuPage parts ways with animal control boss Jan 23, 2015 11:55 PM
The veterinary administrator who oversaw DuPage County Animal Care and Control for more than two years no longer works at the Wheaton facility. Dr. Todd Faraone’s employment with the county ended this week, a county spokesman confirmed on Friday. But the spokesman wouldn’t say why because it’s personnel matter.
Dawn Patrol: O’Hare again the busiest; Barrington church break-in Jan 22, 2015 5:38 AM
O’Hare takes back busiest airport title. Fire damages home in North Aurora. Two charged in Barrington church break-in. Wauconda man accused of tire thefts in Palatine. Elgin man, woman face drug and gun charges. Tollway looks to hire minority contractors. Gase rejoins Fox as Bears offensive coordinator.
Dawn Patrol: Guilty verdict in fatal arson; Rt. 20 safety petition Jan 21, 2015 6:01 AM
Villa Park man guilty of murder in 2012 Lombard arson case. Petition addresses safety after Elgin boy’s Route 20 death. U.S reps from suburbs sound off on Obama’s speech. ‘Food Court Wars’ eatery closing in West Dundee. 2 Bartlett High students face felony hacking charges. Route 53 financing recommendations come into focus. Just the latest challenge for Thibodeau, Bulls.
Griffin: Municipal retirees' insurance cost taxpayers millions Jan 21, 2015 10:51 AM
More than 2,100 former employees in 57 suburbs cost taxpayers almost $16.5 million in health insurance costs last year. And experts expect that figure to keep rising as more municipal employees head into retirement before they are eligible for Medicare at age 65. But even then, Medicare eligibility only reduces the municipal burden, rather than putting an end to it.
Woodridge man charged with rape, robbery of 80-year-old Westmont woman Jan 21, 2015 7:10 PM
A 21-year-old Woodridge man is being held on $5 million bail accused of the New Year’s Day rape and robbery of an elderly Westmont woman. Prosecutors say Tevin Rainey forced his way into the apartment of an 80-year-old woman at 5 a.m. on Jan. 1 and sexually assaulted her in her bed and demanded money.
Hinsdale man pleads not guilty to Bloomingdale murder Jan 21, 2015 7:27 PM
The “cold, calculated and premeditated” manner in which Bloomingdale resident Nate Fox was shot on Dec. 22 has led prosecutors to seek increased penalties for the man accused of killing him. Assistant State’s Attorney Tim Diamond on Wednesday filed a motion indicating prosecutors will seek an extended sentencing range of 45 years to natural life in prison for Jeffrey Keller if the Hinsdale man is convicted of murder in connection with the shooting. The typical range for a murder conviction is between 20 years and life in prison.
Kane County morgue expected to reopen soon Jan 20, 2015 7:56 AM
The Kane County morgue is set to reopen in a few weeks, ending a seven-month relationship with DuPage County that cost about $50,000. The morgue would have reopened this week if not for one final glitch involving damage to the new freezer caused by faulty installation.
Dawn Patrol: Ice, snow coming; Bears welcome Fox Jan 20, 2015 5:51 AM
Icy roads predicted this morning, snow later; reports: Duckworth will consider Senate run; officials want no bond for former teacher accused of sex with students; officials: Fire displaces 16; building had no working smoke alarms; Imrem: Bears need to say ‘Jay isn’t our quarterback’; Fox confident his straight talk will help Bears; NHL disagrees with Blackhawks’ Carcillo, suspends him
- Police on hunt for man who threatened Delnor visitor
- Northwest suburban measles case confirmed
- Mundelein teen pleads guilty to murder in sister's fatal stabbing
- Police reports detail abuse before Arlington Hts. husband-wife murder
- School looking for instruments to jump-start a jazz band
- Hampshire pays a fitting tribute to a worthy Goebbert
- Former Arlington Heights mayor Mulder picked for racing board
- 3 sent to hospital in Elgin crash
- Trooper injured in I-88 crash seeks homicide charges against truck driver
- Cashews secret ingredient in creamy vegan soups
- Monday night: Where is the asteroid now?
- Crystal Lake couple, 6 others charged in $600,000 tax scheme
- Big challenge ahead for Bears' Fangio
- Pyke: Lack of plowing leaves cyclists on thin ice
- Dawn Patrol: Former Kane sheriff dies; winds force early end to Norge event
- Which regional roads offer the least pleasant drives?
- Former Kane County Sheriff George Kramer dies at 81
- DuPage County judge remembered as advocate for children
- Elk Grove man facing trial on sex abuse charges
- Yogurt founder gets 5 years in prison for arson
- Amazon to collect Illinois sales tax starting Feb. 1
- COD to vote again on Breuder severance package
- Americans are too optimistic about long-term care options
- 'Food Court Wars' eatery closing in West Dundee
- DuPage County judge remembered as advocate for children
- Twin sisters man the chairs at East Dundee barber shop
- Bartlett teen collects funds for prosthetic leg
- St. Charles police station needs $1 million upgrade
- Hampshire pays a fitting tribute to a worthy Goebbert
- Naperville woman files fedral suit against the city
- WINDOW CLEANING - Maintenance -Exp'd Window Cleaners Wanted $12-$17/hr. Ground, Route & High Rise Work Available. We supply the equipment & training if necessary. Must have a valid DL & authorization to work in the US & a dependable vehicle for local transportation. Apply in person only at 960 Rand Rd Suite 113c Des Plaines Monday-Friday 10am-3pm. (id:4396637) INVENTORY - Inventory Taker PT -NW Chicago, Overnights, No exp. nec. Must be 18+ & Reliable Transportation. RGIS 630-372-6349 www.rgisinv.com (id:4396426) CNA'S - Health Care -CNAs FT for 3p-11p & 11p-7a shift & Weekend Only Program & PT for all weekend shifts. Ask about our new weekend incentive. Compassionate, reliable, & customer service oriented individuals please apply with Karina Negrete, Nursing Scheduler at Lee Manor -1301 Lee St., Des Plaines 847-827-5796 Fax (id:4396628)
- ESTIMATOR \PM - Peter Baker and Son Co -Estimator -PM position open for heavy highway construction projects. See www.peterbaker.com for information. Send resume to email@example.com. EOE M-F-D-V (id:4396553) FIREFIGHTER/PARAMEDIC - The City of Bloomington,IL now scheduling testing for Entry-Level Firefighter-Paramedics! www.cityblm.org EOE (id:4396072) PLUMBER - PLUMBER -Licensed plumber for in-house corporate sal-aried position in Western Suburbs. CCCDI certification a plus, or CCCDI licensing can be provided by the company. For details -331-481-1742 (id:4396471)
- WATER PLANT OPERATOR - WATER PLANT OPERATOR Village of Glencoe seeks Water Plant Operator in PW Dept. Reports to Water Plant Supt., operates, maintains and repairs water treatment facilty equipment. Shift schedule. State of IL Cl C-D operator license desirable. Sal. $56,256. Cover Letter, resume & appl. to 675 Village Ct., Glencoe, IL 60022, Attn: Mgr's Office by 4pm Feb 20, 2015. Appls. Avail at: www.villageofglencoe.org EOE (id:4396185) SENIOR RESEARCHER - USG Corporation is seeking a Senior Researcher in Libertyville, IL with the following requirements: Ph.D. or Ph.D. candidate who has successfully completed coursework and dissertation defense requirement in the field of Chemical Engineering or related engineering or science discipline, plus 3 years of related experience including: use StarCCM+ and FLUENT computer programs to perform simulations; conduct research into modeling and simulation of turbulent flow; publish peer-reviewed articles and technical reports and present at conferences; code computational fluid dynamic software and web-based application using C++, MATLAB and FORTRAN. 25% travel required; must reside within normal commuting distance of Libertyville, IL. Please apply online at http:usg.com-careers using job reference number RES10064. (id:4396631) RECEPTIONIST - Medical Office in Schaumburg. Experience pref'd. Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4396444)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.