Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Diamond Lake
First Early Bird Drawing Deadline is February 21 for $1.6 Million Dream Home or $1.3 Million in CashFeb 19, 2014 12:00 AM
Some lucky person with a $150 raffle ticket will have a chance to win a magnificent $1.6 million Chicago dream home or $1.3 million in cash in the 3rd Annual Chicago Dream House Raffle to benefit The Hope Institute for Children and Families. Individuals that purchase their $150 raffle tickets by February 21 will be entered to win a car or $25,000 cash, as well as the dream house, and over 550 other prizes, including vacations, cars and electronics. Tickets can be purchased online at www.chicagoraffle.com or by phone by calling 800-697-7734. The early bird drawing will take place on March 5.
West Chicago Cultural Arts Commission Extends Deadline for Art Banner Submissions Feb 12, 2014 12:00 AM
West Chicago Cultural Arts Commission Extends Deadline for Art Banner Submissions Juror Selected for Annual Competition
The Illinois Chiropractic Foundation urges residents to take proper precautions while shoveling snow.Feb 5, 2014 12:00 AM
Illinois Chiropractic Foundation suggests proper snow shoveling tips for avoiding aches and pains.
HomeVestors names SNL Realty Top Franchisee for 2013Feb 5, 2014 12:00 AM
SNL Realty, a HomeVestors® of America (the “We Buy Ugly Houses® company) franchisee from Chicago, was recognized for achieving the top sales volume out of the over 400 HomeVestors franchisees in December.
SAINT HUBERT SCHOOL SIXTH GRADERS DARE TO TAKE THE CHALLENGEFeb 4, 2014 12:00 AM
Saint Hubert School sixth graders celebrate the successful completion of the DARE program with Mayor William McLeod and Hoffman Estates Police Officer John Bending.
Lake County Health Department Receives Funding to Prepare for AccreditationFeb 4, 2014 12:00 AM
Members art exhibition on display at College of Lake County Feb 3, 2014 12:00 AM
The Robert T. Wright Community Gallery of Art at the College of Lake County in Grayslake features the Members Exhibition through Feb. 23. The show includes works by 85 artists and a wide variety of paintings, drawings, sculptures, photography and other media.
Special Day for Residents in Northwestern Lake County to Enroll in Health InsuranceFeb 3, 2014 12:00 AM
Enroll Lake County! has scheduled a special day in northwestern Lake County for residents to enroll in health insurance under the Affordable Care Act. On Saturday, February 15, certified navigators will be available to answer questions and enroll residents from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Antioch Library, 757 Main Street and the United Methodist Church of Antioch at 848 Main Street in Antioch. Walk-in appointments will be available, but appointments are preferred, and can be made by calling: (847) 377-4999.
Area leaders invited to Chicago “Lessons in Leading” conference Feb. 20Feb 3, 2014 12:00 AM
The NIU Executive Leadership Forum conference,“Lessons in Leading Today,” allows business leaders to share leadership practices and discuss gaining ground in a global economy and achieving competitive positioning. The event is open to the public and will be held from 2 to 6 p.m. Feb. 20 at the Mid-America Club in the Aon Building, 200 E. Randolph Drive in Chicago.
National Girl Scout Cookie Weekend Kicks Off On-Site Cookie “Booth” Sales Feb 3, 2014 12:00 AM
To kick off National Girl Scout Cookie Weekend (Feb. 7-9) and on-site cookie “booth” sales, Girl Scouts of Greater Chicago and Northwest Indiana is teaming up with the USO to launch Gift of Caring: Troop to Troop, an initiative to support men and women in the U.S. military by sending them a sweet “taste of home” - Girl Scout Cookies®. Girl Scout troops throughout Chicago and Northwest Indiana are encouraging individuals and businesses to purchase and then donate boxes of Girl Scout Cookies® to the men and women serving in the military. Customers can purchase cookies for the U.S. military troops at $4 per box. The cookies will be distributed directly to the soldiers.
CLC offers Alzheimer’s info: Jan 31, 2014 12:00 AM
The College of Lake County will offer a free class called “The 10 Warning Signs of Alzheimer’s” from 7 to 8:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 4, in Room T323, 19351 W. Washington St., Grayslake.
Centre Clubs to Host Free Community Health and Wellness FairsJan 31, 2014 12:00 AM
Advocate Condell’s Centre Clubs will be hosting two community health and wellness fairs in February.
Before the Celebration, Check the InspectionJan 31, 2014 12:00 AM
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner. If you are thinking of taking your loved one to a local restaurant to celebrate, the Lake County Health Department/Community Health Center encourages you to first check the restaurant’s inspection history.
Health dept. urges parents to protect kids' teeth during National Children's Dental Health MonthJan 30, 2014 12:00 AM
In conjunction with National Children’s Dental Health Month in February, the Lake County Health Department/Community Health Center is urging parents to help protect their children’s teeth. Tooth decay is a common, preventable problem yet more than a quarter of U.S. children, ages 2 through 5, and half of youths aged 12 to 15 are experiencing tooth decay.
“Hope, Resilience & Rugs” presentation Feb. 20 at Woodlands Academy Jan 30, 2014 12:00 AM
Award-winning entrepreneur Connie Duckworth of Lake Forest, who created a way to help Afghan women in desperately poor rural villages achieve a steady income by selling the exquisite rugs they weave at home, delivers the next program in “The Resilient Woman Speaker Series” at Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart on Feb. 20.
CLC announces dates for international film screenings Jan 29, 2014 12:00 AM
Four international films will be presented for free on Fridays this spring by the College of Lake County Center for International Education. The films begin at 7 p.m. in Room A162 (Anderson lecture hall) on the CLC Grayslake Campus, 19351 W. Washington St.
Take 1 step at a time toward healthier heartJan 28, 2014 12:00 AM
American Heart Month in February is an ideal time to focus on heart health. Whether it is putting down the salt shaker or parking farther away from your office door, making one small change a week can help you be on your way to a healthier heart.
10 Bad Habits to Break in 2014 to Boost FertilityJan 28, 2014 12:00 AM
Dr. Edward Marut of Fertility Centers of Illinois shares tips to help couples conceive in the New Year.
Free Event Set in Observance of National Black HIV/AIDS Awareness DayJan 27, 2014 12:00 AM
The public is invited to join the Lake County Health Department/Community Health Center for the 14th annual observance of National Black HIV/AIDS Awareness Day (NBHAAD) on Friday, February 7.
CALL FOR ARTISTS: 2014 Bartlett Festival of the ArtsJan 27, 2014 12:00 AM
This is a juried fine arts and fine crafts fair. All work must be original by the artist, who must be 18 or older. No molds, manufactured or kit art permitted. Commercial reproductions (editions of 300 or less) may be included in your exhibit if they do not exceed 50% of the total display and if they are clearly marked as reproductions. Final interpretation of commercial status will be made by jurors.
- Mom upset over candy, movies at daughter's school
- Coldwater Creek stores to close
- Arlington Heights man sentenced for 6th DUI
- Huntley could become distribution hub for Weber grills
- Rentals, mixed-use projects revive suburban sites
- Chapa LaVia apologizes over racial comments
- Classmate of murder suspect wants to end confusion about names
- Dawn Patrol: 6 years for 6th DUI; good, bad news for Schaumburg dogs
- Help and tears follow story on veterinarian
- No Wing pool, new farm animals in Elgin this summer
- CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVES - FMS INVESTMENT CORPORTION Mark your calendars! FMS Investment Corporation (FMS), a subsidiary of CEANNATE Corp. is expanding its operations to 1100 West Lake Cook Rd, Buffalo Grove, IL 60089. With over 31,000 square feet, our Private Services Division is growing and looking to fill 250+ full time positions (entry level and management) in our new state of the art contact center. This is an opportunity to service the leading clients in the Student Loan Receivables industry. If you are looking for a exciting career opportunity and the potential to earn an unlimited income, APPLY NOW and come with your updated resume to our open house from Tuesday, April 8th through Thursday, April 10th between 8am-5pm. Applicants must have at least 2 years of customer service, collections, sales & marketing, or financial services experience and an Associate's Degree or higher. Applicants without an Associate's Degree may substitute relevant work experience. FMS offers competitive starting wages, benefits and an uncapped monthly incentive plan. Training classes are now beginning to form for April and May. For any questions contact us at 888-853-8148 OR apply online at www.ceannate.com/careers CEANNATE Corp. and its subsidiaries are an EOE (id:4370034) DENTAL ASSISTANT - Dental assist for Peds office in Palatine. Mon, Wed, Thur 8-5, every other Sat 8-12. Exp preferred (847)991-4663 (id:4370398) AUTOMOTIVE STORE MANAGERS/SERVICE WRITE - Cassidy Tire and Service seeks store managers and mechanics. Managers run stores selling tires, oil changes, brakes, suspension, wheel alignment service. Candidates should have a minimum of two years of big box retail experience. Mechanics perform oil changes, tires, batteries, suspension, front end work. All candidates should submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. (id:4369757)
- POLICE - Police Officer Testing Hampshire, IL Applications on-line at: Jobsource.copsandfiretesting.com Application Deadline: 05/01/2014 Testing Date: 05/17/2014 847-310-2677 (id:4368388) ILLINOIS WING ADMINISTRATOR - Works full-time independently to provide administrative and program support to the Civil Air Patrol Wing Commander. Maintains financial and personnel records to ensure Wing compliance with Headquarters' and government requirements. For qualifications and to apply, visit our website at www.gocivilairpatrol.com to complete and submit our required online employment application. This position does not offer a relocation package. In this position Civil Air Patrol offers a full benefit package. Salary: $36,491. Closing date: 13 April 2014. No phone calls please. EOE (id:4369829) MACHINE OPERATOR - MACHINE OPERATOR Steel Co in Addison has immed opening for exp CNC/Plasma Burning Machine & Waterjet Ops. or CNC exp. Use of measuring devices needed. Hiring day and night shifts, good pay & benefits. Call #630-627-2900, email: email@example.com or apply at 145 N. Swift Rd. Addison (id:4370645)
- DRIVERS - Petro Chemical Transport, a highway subsidiary of the Kenan Advantage Group, is now seeking Class A CDL Drivers out of Bensenville, IL. Come join our great family of drivers and be home daily! Company Drivers -Local, home daily positions -Competitive pay -Excellent benefits including: Medical, Dental, & Vision plans -Paid vacations & holidays -401K with company match -Paid training on safe driving & product handling -Newer and well-maintained equipment -Driver referral incentive pay -And so much more! Owner-Operators -Local, home daily positions -Competitive pay-Mileage or Percentage Contracts -Health Insurance plans available -100% of Billable Pump or Compressor Charge paid to Owner- Operator -Paid weekly -Driver referral incentive pay Independent contractors referring their own lease drivers are not eligible for referral payments -And so much more! We require Class A CDL, 2 years recent, verifiable tractor-trailer experience, Tank & Hazmat endorsements (or ability to obtain) and a safe driving record. We hope your driving career continues to be a long and a safe one. As you make decisions about your driving career, consider professional driving that fits your life with Petro Chemical Transport. 800-871-4581 -TheKag.com Kenan Advantage Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4369090) WAREHOUSE - Warehouse : : :Lots of Jobs! 12 Hour Day & Night Shifts Must have General Labor exp in a Warehouse. Up to $8.60/hr Hanover Park 630-620-9800 (id:4370012) AUTO BODY TECHNICIAN - AUTO BODY TECHNICIAN Immediate opening for an experienced body tech. Frame exp-I-CAR a plus. Other positions available. firstname.lastname@example.org. 847-823-9805 (id:4370494)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.