Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Dance
Students at Libertyville school treated to classical Indian dance during lunch break Mar 27, 2015 3:57 PM
Students at Butterfield Elementary School were treated to a classical Indian dance performance during their lunch break Friday in Libertyville as part of the school’s Arts As We Lunch. The children are treated to an artist performance every day during the week before spring break.
Elgin native does double duty as dancer, choreographer Mar 27, 2015 6:00 AM
River North Dance Chicago dancer and Elgin native Hanna Brictson, who has danced with River North Dance Chicago since 2004, is pulling double duty during the Saturday, March 28, performance at the Auditorium Theatre in Chicago. She's not only choreographing her first world premiere for RNDC called “Beast,” she’s also dancing in it.
Meet the Elgin woman who went from an engineer to ballet dancer Mar 24, 2015 9:57 AM
Ruffled red skirts swirl in huge circular patterns on the dance floor, creating a feast for the eyes as well as a strong breeze. Every few seconds between the double swirls you can catch a glimpse of the bright eyes and beaming smile of Cynthia G. Hernandez as she dances among her students. The look of genuine joy is unmistakable.
Continuing the St. Patrick’s Day party Mar 15, 2015 7:00 AM
There's no need to only celebrate St. Patrick's Day on Tuesday, March 17. Many local celebrations have already begun. Here's our guide to some local St. Patrick's Day events, from Sunday, March 15, through Tuesday, March 17.
Sunday picks: Tribute to Queen in Rosemont Mar 15, 2015 12:01 AM
Relive the rock glory days of the late Freddie Mercury with the tribute show “One Night of Queen” at the Rosemont Theatre in Rosemont. Get your fill of green beer, Irish food, dancing and other entertainment at the Barrington Celtic Fest starting this weekend at McGonigal's Pub & The Annex in Barrington. And Hubbard Street Dance Chicago continues its spring series of modern and jazz dance repertory pieces at Millennium Park's Harris Theater for Music and Dance. All this and more in this weekend's Time out! entertainment section.
Weekend picks: SEMPLE rocks Fuel Room in Libertyville Mar 14, 2015 12:01 AM
Keith Semple and his band of talented local musicians -- SEMPLE -- visit Austin's Fuel Room in Libertyville for a night of alternative rock. Get your fill of green beer, Irish food, dancing and other entertainment at the Barrington Celtic Fest starting this weekend at McGonigal's Pub & The Annex in Barrington. And Hubbard Street Dance Chicago continues its spring series of modern and jazz dance repertory pieces at Millennium Park's Harris Theater for Music and Dance. All this and more in this weekend's Time out! entertainment section.
Weekend picks: Mike Birbiglia plays COD's McAninch Mar 14, 2015 2:21 AM
What he should have said was nothing ... but instead comedian Mike Birbiglia is making what's sure to be a hilarious appearance at College of DuPage's McAninch Arts Center. Up-and-coming country singer Andrew Salgado spins his youthful energy and fresh take on traditional tunes at the Skokie Theatre. Hubbard Street Dance Chicago continues its spring series of modern and jazz dance repertory pieces at Millennium Park's Harris Theater for Music and Dance.
Budget-friendly fun: Irish dancing, Reid gets jazzy Mar 12, 2015 6:00 AM
The McNulty Irish Dancers set the mood for St. Patrick's Day (a few days early) when they perform at Paddy's on the Square Saturday in downtown Long Grove. Grammy-nominated bassist and composer Rufus Reid performs jazz and more with the College of Lake County's Monday Night Jazz Ensemble at the 38th Annual Guest Artist Concert Sunday in the James Lumber Center in Grayslake.
Weekend picks: Comedian Cash Levy plays Zanies Mar 11, 2015 10:50 AM
Comedian Cash Levy takes a break from his TV appearances on Comedy Central, Fox Sports and other major networks for appearances at Zanies at Pheasant Run Resort in St. Charles. Mike Birbiglia plays two shows at COD's McAninch Arts Center. And parents can start dreaming about summer break with Harper College's Summer Camp Expo Saturday.
Sunday picks: Meet the stars at Wizard World's Fan Fest Mar 8, 2015 5:45 AM
Meet stars like Norman Reedus, Kathy Najimy, Karen Gillan and more at the Wizard World Fan Fest at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont. Model train enthusiasts have to train shows to choose from: the Great Midwest Train Show at the DuPage County Fairgrounds and the Lake County Model Railroad Club's Spring Open House in Wauconda. The touring classical Chinese music and dance spectacular “Shen Yun” returns with skilled performers in plenty of colorful costumes at the Cadillac Palace Theatre. All this and more in this weekend's Time out! entertainment section.
Weekend picks: John Lithgow tells 'Stories' at Paramount Mar 7, 2015 5:45 AM
Actor John Lithgow returns to the suburbs with his one-man show "Stories by Heart" at Aurora's Paramount Theatre. The Snowstorm Winter Music and Arts Festival tries to cut through the late-winter chill with a night of hot dance music at Navy Pier. And “Sofia the First” and “Jake and the Never Land Pirates” dock at the Rosemont Theatre for “Disney Junior Live On Tour! Pirate & Princess Adventure.” All this and more in this weekend's Time out! entertainment section.
South Elgin dancer returns home with Alvin Ailey Mar 6, 2015 5:45 AM
Former South Elgin and Bartlett resident Sarah Daley, a dancer with the Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater, is happy once again to be returning to the same theater where she first saw Ailey perform as a child for its annual Chicago residency starting Friday, March 6. “The Auditorium, it holds a lot of history for me and it feels like a second home as much as a theater can,” said Daley, now 28.
Weekend picks: Jake and Sofia sail into Rosemont Mar 6, 2015 5:45 AM
If your kids love “Sofia the First” and “Jake and the Never Land Pirates,” take them to see the return of “Disney Junior Live On Tour! Pirate & Princess Adventure” at the Rosemont Theatre. Rusted Root, the Pittsburgh-based band known for it's earthy blend of rock and world genres, brings its percussion-heavy hits like “Send Me on My Way” to the Genesee Theatre in Waukegan. Meet stars like Norman Reedus, Kathy Najimy, Karen Gillan and more at the Wizard World Fan Fest this weekend at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center. All this and more in today's Time out! entertainment section.
Weekend picks: Comedian Damien Lemon hits Zanies Mar 4, 2015 10:58 AM
Who says the weekend has to start Friday when "Guy Code" comedian Damien Lemon brings his standup comedy to Zanies at MB Financial Park in Rosemont for shows Wednesday through Saturday. And twin comedians, the Sklar Brothers, known for "Cheap Seats" and "The Bracket" on ESPN, will appear at the Genesee Theatre Thursday night. This and more in Friday's Time out! entertainment section.
Budget-friendly fun: Hounds of Finn, Gospel Extravaganza sing Mar 3, 2015 12:27 PM
The Minnesota-based band Hounds of Finn will play folk plus Celtic and Americana music Saturday, March 7, at Lombard's Maple Street Chapel. It’s Gospel time when the Elmhurst College Gospel Choir hosts its Gospel Extravaganza Saturday. Performers include the more-than-50-member Joshua’s Troop, with hip-hop, urban and contemporary gospel songs.
Sunday picks: Climb aboard at High Wheeler train show Mar 1, 2015 6:00 AM
Railroad enthusiasts can view 20 running model train layouts at the High Wheeler Train Show at Harper College in Palatine. North Central College students present “Shout! The Mod Musical,” showcasing tunes from the 1960s, in the college's Pfeiffer Hall in Naperville. Brazilian modern dance company Grupo Corpo shows off the heat and sensuality of its country quite literally this weekend with performances featuring brief nudity at the Auditorium Theatre of Roosevelt University.
Weekend picks: Donnie McClurkin headlines Genesee's Salute to Gospel Feb 28, 2015 6:00 AM
Grammy Award-winner Donnie McClurkin and nominee Anita Wilson are the featured soloists for the College of Lake County 31st Annual Salute to Gospel at the Genesee Theatre. Comedian Whitney Cummings, a co-creator of sitcoms “2 Broke Girls” and “Whitney,” performs her standup routine at the Improv Comedy Showcase at Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg.
Weekend picks: Trey Songz, Chris Brown share Allstate bill Feb 27, 2015 6:00 AM
Hip hop stars Chris Brown and Trey Songz headline the “Between the Sheets Tour,” which also features Tyga tonight at the Allstate Arena in Rosemont. Electronica jam rockers The Coop are teaming up with experimental funk rockers Ethereal Groove, Inc., for a show at Palatine's Durty Nellie's. All this and more in Friday's Time out!
Weekend picks: Zanies hosts April Macie Feb 25, 2015 8:28 PM
If you loved comedian April Macie from “Last Comic Standing” or as a guest on “The Howard Stern Show,” then don't miss her live at Zanies in Rosemont. Fans of the long-running Chicago show “Late Nite Catechism” won't want to miss the interactive comedy “Bible Bingo: An Act of Charity ... in Two Acts,” where audiences get quizzed on their knowledge of Catholic theology Thursday at the Metropolis Performing Arts Centre in Arlington Heights. All this and more in Friday's Time out!
400 dancers in Des Plaines Dance Idol competion Feb 21, 2015 1:07 PM
More than 400 dancers from 18 studios and three independent dancers participated in the annual Des Plaines Dance Idol Competition at Prairie Lakes Community Center. “This is the seventh year of Dance Idol and it is exciting to see how this dance convention has become what it is today,” said Nancy Suwalski, cultural arts supervisor for the Des Plaines Park District.
- Bulls thriving after being spurned by Melo
- Trash bin fire causes smoke damage at Mundelein Goodwill
- A summary of Daily Herald endorsements in suburban school and municipal races
- Elgin man charged with selling heroin near school
- Change in constitution is only permanent solution to pension crisis
- Tri-Cities area girls track and field preview
- Duckworth to announce Senate bid Monday
- Ex-Islamic Foundation finance director admits theft
- Aurora cousins accused of plotting to bring 'flames of war' to suburbs
- Delta keeps US-Japan route sought by American Airlines
- Kuma's Corner coming to Schaumburg in July
- Tollway sets higher speed limits, bucks state law
- Snow leads to slick roads, accidents in the suburbs
- Budget fix averts shutdowns but cuts schools
- Why man is still paying for a 2004 speeding ticket
- Aurora cousins accused of plotting to bring 'flames of war' to suburbs
- Police: Huntley man killed his wife
- Schaumburg donor drive seeks match for nurse
- Volo woman charged after bank robbery in Grayslake
- Obama talks drug war with 'The Wire' creator David Simon
- Welcome to the reimagined DailyHerald.com
- Endorsement: Our choices for the College of DuPage board
- Earthquake reported west of Lake in the Hills
- Special report: Doctors doubt Shaken Baby Syndrome science, fear bad convictions
- Change in constitution is only permanent solution to pension crisis
- Endorsements: Dremel, Impastato, Dryden for Batavia Dist. 101
- Kuma's Corner may come to Schaumburg this summer
- Suburban lawmaker's plan to decriminalize marijuana rejected
- Barrington Hills polo event's future in question
- Fox Lake fire district seeks tax increase April 7
- WAREHOUSE PT - Warehouse PT, no exp. nec., up to 30 hrs/wk, morning & afternoon shifts available. Start at $10/hr. Apply at 6450 Muirfield Ct, Hanover Pk, IL 630-671-0100 (id:4401971) CUSTOMER SERVICE - PART TIME SEASONAL - Job Description: Manufacturing company is seeking a Customer Service Representative. The position is part-time seasonal with potential to be re-hired. The hours include Monday-Friday 10am-3pm. Duties Include: Answers and addresses incoming calls regarding product and service questions. Processes customer orders for existing and new customers. Recommends potential customers to distributors by analyzing customer needs. Skills and Qualifications: Experience in Customer Service. Proficient with phone skills, resolving conflict and analyzing information. Solid multi-tasking and listening skills. Quickbooks-Office experience preferred Must qualify on E-verify. Spanish or Greek speaking is a plus. Send resumes to: LE@OPTIMALAUTOMATICS.COM (id:4400513) CLEANING - CARPET CLEANING Water Damage Tech. Must have DL & speak Eng. $12 -15 to start + bonus potential. McMaid Rolling Meadows 847-991-2383 (id:4402039)
- BILINGUAL THERAPIST - Bilingual Spanish Therapist, Elgin and Aurora -Masters with LCSW-LCPC. M-F, 35 hrs. + benefits. Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org. (id:4401929) BINDERY OPERATOR - Arlington Heights manufacturer is looking for a full time second shift bindery operator. Should have experience using guillotine cutters, collators, and stitchers. Send resume to email@example.com (id:4402022) INSIDE SALES - Entry Level Inside Sales Looking for mechanically inclined individuals interested in working for a supplier to the automotive, heavy truck, agricultural, and associated industries. Will train. Opportunity for someone without a lot of experience but with a strong desire for future growth. $15-$18/Hr, Mthly Bonus, Benefits. AFI Industries, Inc. 630-871-7815 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4401298)
- RESTAURANT - Restaurant -Garibaldi's Restaurant in Arlington Hts., or Hoffman Estates, FT & PT positions available: counter help, pizza makers, delivery drivers, grill cooks. Call between 9a & 11a or 2p-4p. 847-577-4000 (id:4401439) CUSTOMER SERVICE - RN'S-FREE UP YOUR WEEKENDS! HINES & ASSOCIATES, INC. Due to large growth, we are offering FT Case Mgmt & Utilization Review Positions In our Elgin & St. Charles locations NO NIGHTS, HOLIDAYS OR WEEKENDS! Must be an RN w/ Min. 3 yrs hospital exp or HHC exp Rehab exp a plus! Fax resume to: 847-741-1728 Or email to: email@example.com Or call 877-429-7345 X 3426 with questions (id:4402637) DRIVER - MDC Environmental Services is currently hiring for driving positions. Applicants must be a Class-B CDL driver with air brake en-dorsement. Drivers are responsible for collection and hand loading of residential waste, as well as the transporting of this waste by front or rear load truck. This position will be extensive near-continuous physical exertion. We offer full benefit package that includes medical, dental, 401(k). Previous experience a plus. You must fill out an application and return to the Human Resources department at 5450 Wansford Way, Suite 201, Rockford, IL 61109 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Equal Opportunity Employer. Please locate our applications on: http://www.rresvcs.com/careers/employment-application EOE (id:4401910)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.