Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Cuba Township
Randall Marks: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:09 PM
Candidate information for Randall Marks, running for Cuba Township Highway Commissioner (4-year Term)
Priscilla Rose: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:09 PM
Candidate information for Priscilla Rose, running for Cuba Township Clerk (4-year Term)
David Nelson: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:09 PM
Candidate information for David Nelson, running for Cuba Township Supervisor (4-year Term)
Rebecca Tonigan: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:09 PM
Candidate information for Rebecca Tonigan, running for Cuba Township Assessor (4-year Term)
Jack Mumaw: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:09 PM
Candidate information for Jack Mumaw, running for Cuba Township Board (4-year Terms)
Jill Talbot: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:09 PM
Candidate information for Jill Talbot, running for Cuba Township Board (4-year Terms)
Doug Alexander: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:09 PM
Candidate information for Doug Alexander, running for Cuba Township Board (4-year Terms)
Chris Cocoma: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:09 PM
Candidate information for Chris Cocoma, running for Cuba Township Board (4-year Terms)
The Soapbox Nov 10, 2012 5:00 AM
Daily Herald editors speak out on video gambling, government layers, safe driving and other pressing topics.
Government, conservationists team up to preserve Tower Lakes woods Nov 1, 2012 3:49 PM
Cuba Township, Tower Lakes and a pair of Barrington-area conservation groups have teamed up to buy the 15.5-acre Barclay's Woods in Tower Lakes with plans to restore the site to its natural state and permanently protect it as a nature preserve. "The preservation of Barclay Woods is a remarkable project because both government and conservation groups recognized the high conservation value of this property and cooperated to protect it for the environmental health of the community," Cuba Township Supervisor David Nelson said.
Officials in 31 suburban townships get automatic raises Aug 29, 2012 1:58 PM
While most American workers have spent the past four years getting by with stagnating wages, or making even less than in years before, a segment of government employees is doing just fine. Elected officials in 31 suburban townships combined to make $661,387 more this year than they did in 2009. In many cases, they gave themselves the raises -- and they're getting ready to do it again.
CFC acquires lots in Lake Barrington for nature preserve Aug 15, 2012 12:27 PM
Citizens for Conservation announced Wednesday that it has acquired three buildable lots in Lake Barrington from the bank that had taken possession of them to add to the group's Flint Creek Savanna property. "We see this as a win-win situation for all parties involved," said the group's land acquisition chairman.
Wildlife officials caution: 'Turtle Crossing' this summer Aug 3, 2012 1:20 PM
The summer's drought has led turtles living in Lake County's Cuba Marsh to cross the road to get to the other side, where water is a little more plentiful. Many, however, are not surviving the crossing, and the ones that do are causing problems for drivers. So two Lake County agencies have teamed up to place signs reading "Caution Turtle Crossing" along the road.
Leaking insecticide triggered Barrington-area hazmat call Jul 19, 2012 6:30 PM
Insecticide in a leaking, unmarked container was to blame for a hazardous materials response at a Barrington-area home that left one firefighter hospitalized Thursday morning. The pesticide later was identified as Malathion, commonly used to control mosquitoes and other types of insects, Barrington Fire Chief Jim Arie said.
Cuba Twp. GOP dinner is April 14 Apr 12, 2012 12:44 PM
The Cuba Township Republican Committee will hold its annual fundraising dinner dance, "Speechless In Cuba," Saturday, April 14, at the Biltmore Country Club in North Barrington.
Police impersonator pulls over girl, 17, in Barrington Mar 26, 2012 8:02 AM
Police are on the lookout for an impersonator who pulled over a 17-year-old girl near Barrington and asked her to get out of her vehicle. The man had a red flashing light on his unmarked vehicle and a badge on his shirt, according to police.
Woman in hair-pulling case sues Cuba Township Mar 19, 2012 5:04 PM
Cuba Township Highway Commissioner Thomas Gooch is accused in a federal lawsuit of firing a woman as retaliation for her lodging a police report against him in a hair-pulling case in which he was found not guilty in 2011. Gooch issued a statement on the suit Monday, saying the woman has trouble distinguishing between fact and fantasy.
North Barrington, BACOG oppose mall plan Mar 1, 2012 11:45 AM
Both North Barrington and the entire Barrington Area Council of Governments this week formalized their opposition to a renewed proposal for a major shopping center at Rand and Old McHenry roads. Hawthorn Woods, which lies on the east side of the unincorporated 109 acres, passed its own resolution against the proposal in early February.
Barrington Hills agrees to house BACOG Feb 24, 2012 5:30 AM
The Barrington Hills village board voted 6-1 this week in favor of a $1 per year lease for the Barrington Area Council of Governments to move its offices into village hall. The nine-member BACOG board is expected to accept the lease at its meeting next Tuesday.
Barrington-area food drive Feb. 11 Jan 27, 2012 4:17 PM
The 12th annual “Have a Heart” food drive to benefit the Barrington and Cuba township food pantries will take place from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday, Feb. 11 at the Barrington Public Safety Building, 400 N. Northwest Highway in Barrington.
SOSEScript: generic_rss failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 111 position 3: Object required: 'rssXML'
SOSEScript: generic_rss failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 111 position 3: Object required: 'rssXML'
- Embattled Batavia teacher to step down
- Prosecutors find haunted Gacy room 'in terrible taste'
- Hanover Park woman dies from crash injuries
- Champaign police arrest Schaumburg man in sexual attacks
- A trip back in time
- Parents: 'No justice' for girl killed by huffing driver
- Rob Zombie goes for jugular in Villa Park haunted house
- Biden coming to Vernon Hills next week
- Gene & Georgetti to replace Rosewood in Rosemont?
- Ex-Elgin officer fights termination
- MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN - Maintenance Technician. NW sub. Maint and repair for condo properties. 3+ yrs exp, construction and repair skills. Email resume to email@example.com (id:4388614) NURSING INSTRUCTORS - Nursing NURSING INSTRUCTORS: SPRING SEMESTER 2015 MORTON COLLEGE has the distinction of being the second oldest comprehensive community college in Illinois. Our pioneering spirit helped establish the learning community and continues today as a Hispanic Serving Institution. Adjunct Faculty for Associate Degree Nursing Program: Foundations, Med/Surg and Maternal Child Nursing Requirements include: Master's degree in Nursing; current Illinois RN licensure; 2 years clinical experience. Previous teaching experience preferred. Adjunct Faculty for Nursing Assistant Program Requirements include: Current Illinois RN licensure; Associate's degree and completion of IDPH Train the Trainer and Evaluator programs within the past 5 years. Previous experience in the care of the elderly, chronically ill or clients diagnosed with Alzheimer's/ dementia. Morton College's Mission: To enhance the quality of life of our diverse community through exemplary teaching and learning opportunities, community service, and life-long learning. For more information and to apply for these positions, go to www.morton.edu & click on Working@Morton. Download application, authorization release form, and send cover letter, resume, copy of transcripts (required upon hire), & salary history via e-mail to: HumanResources@morton.edu, fax: 708-656-0025, or mail to: HR Dept., Morton College, 3801 S. Central Ave., Cicero, IL 60804. EOE (id:4387993) ENGINEERING - Engineering Plote Construction has opportunities for the following positions for heavy and highway construction projects. SR. PROJECT MANAGER PROJECT MANAGER Visit www.plote.com for information. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org EOE M/F/D/V (id:4388428)
- WAREHOUSE - Warehouse -Exp. Forklift drivers -shipping dept., min 2 yrs. exp. $13.75/hr. Apply on- line www.resourceemployment.com Job#12048 or call 847-215-3174 Pd holidays and vacation (id:4388440) DRIVER - Drivers National DCP is the exclusive sourcing and distribution provider for Dunkin' Donuts Brand, and is seeking experienced Class A Route Drivers $27.00 Per Hour Plus Overtime National DCP offers great benefits, Overtime Pay over 40 hours, and the potential to earn $80,000 Annually! $2,500 SIGNING BONUS after 90 days of employment! APPLY NOW! -IN PERSON BETWEEN 8AM AND 4PM: NATIONAL DCP 9000 W. 192nd Street, Mokena, IL 60448 -EMAIL: Drivers@natdcp.com -PHONE: (855) 637-3341 Required Experience/Qualifications: -2 years' experience and clean driving record -Ability to lift up to 50 pounds -Must clear all required DOT pre-employment screening EOE M/F/D/V (id:4387974) PATIENT COORDINATOR - HEALTHCARE We are looking for an experienced Patient Coordinator to handle the demands of the front office of fast paced surgical practice in NW suburbs. Candidate MUST have at least 3-5 years of medical office experience, a high-school diploma with 2 or more years of college education preferred. Experience with EMR necessary, eClinicalWorks knowledge a plus. Candidate must be professional, possess excellent customer service skills, able to handle multiple tasks effectively and calmly. Good computer skills a must. Commensurate salary, good location. Candidates please email resume to: email@example.com (id:4388037)
- HOTEL - Hotel Fall Job Fair Monday, October 20, 2014 10:00am -3:00pm Marriott Schaumburg 50 N. Martingale Rd. Schaumburg, IL 60173 You can apply directly on line at: http://careers.hiretrue.com/ marriottschaumburg or https://careers.hiretrue.com/ sheratonelkgrove EOE, M/F, D/V (id:4388110) ASSOCIATE DEAN OF ARTS AND SCIENCES - Education MORTON COLLEGE has the distinction of being the second oldest comprehensive community college in Illinois. Our pioneering spirit helped establish the learning community and continues today as a Hispanic Serving Institution to serve Cicero, IL and the surrounding communities. We currently have the following opportunity available: Associate Dean of Arts and Sciences The seasoned professional we seek will be responsible for helping division faculty members to implement Morton College's strategic goals. This will encompass providing administrative support for assessment, accreditation, curriculum development, course scheduling, articulation and transfer processes, union contract implementation, student complaint resolution, budget management, adjunct faculty recruitment, adjunct faculty development, and adjunct faculty evaluation. Helping the Dean to implement initiatives related to student success, online program education, educational technology education, diversity, grant writing, and sustainability will also be involved. The Associate Dean will also represent the Dean to varied internal and external constituencies. Qualified individuals must have a Master's degree (Doctoral degree desired) in higher education administration or an academic discipline related to one of the academic disciplines represented in the division. Relevant administrative and teaching experience at the college level, as well as familiarity with best practices in course scheduling, curriculum development, faculty development, faculty evaluation, union contract implementation, program and institutional accreditation, assessment, budget management, and online program management required. PC proficiency, an attention to detail while executing multiple, time-sensitive projects and demonstrated interpersonal & communication skills a must. Knowledge of best practices in areas related to student success and the national degree completion agenda are essential. 5+ years of administrative experience in higher education as well as expertise in implementing international education and sustainability initiatives preferred. Bilingual in Spanish desired. Morton College's Mission: To enhance the quality of life of our diverse community through exemplary teaching and learning opportunities, community service, and life-long learning. For more information and to apply for this position, go to www.morton.edu & click on Working@Morton. Download application, authorization release form, and send cover letter, resume, copy of transcripts (required upon hire), & salary history via e-mail to: HumanResources@morton.edu, fax: 708-656-0025, or mail to: HR Dept., Morton College, 3801 S. Central Ave., Cicero, IL 60804. EOE (id:4387992) FOOD SERVICE - Food Service McDonald's Corporation -Restaurant For people who think the best jobs are those with a future! Right now, we've got all kinds of job openings -at different times of the day. They all need friendly, responsible, hard-working people. People like you! Let's get together: Hiring for the following locations. Apply here: Lake Zurich (653 Rand Rd) -www.mcstate.com/3718 Wauconda (511 W. Liberty) -www.mcstate.com/10231 Palatine (275 W. Northway Hwy.) -www.mcstate.com/12184 Arlington Heights (1920 N. Arlington Hts. Rd.) -www.mcstate.com/1783 McDonald's is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workforce. (id:4386618)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.