Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Crystal Lake
Nominations now being accepted for The Outstanding Young Person of Illinois Oct 20, 2014 7:45 AM
Nominations now being accepted for The Outstanding Young Person of Illinois
From Australia to Schaumburg, RTA exec still on track Oct 20, 2014 6:01 AM
Kukec's People features Leanne Redden and her trek from Syndey, Australia, where she was born and raised, to Illinois, where she got married, raised a family and is now the RTA executive director.
MCC offers information on college financial aid Oct 20, 2014 11:11 AM
Figuring how to pay for college can be a scary thought that may leave some students hesitant to even apply for college. To ease students’ fears about getting money for college or to get their questions answered, the McHenry County College Financial Aid Department has launched free Financial Aid 101 information sessions at area high schools.
Cary Park District to hold blood drive Oct 20, 2014 11:13 AM
The Cary Park District and Heartland Blood Centers will host a “Guns and Hoses Blood Drive” to show support for the community’s police and fire departments. The blood drive will be held from 3 to 7 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 22, at the Community Center. All donors will receive a “Give a Pint — Get a Pint” Culvers coupon and a “Guns and Hoses” T-shirt.
Crystal Lake teen identified as Lakewood crash victim Oct 19, 2014 5:20 PM
The woman killed Saturday in a fiery rollover crash in Lakewood has been identified as 19-year-old Jacquelyn Paulson of Crystal Lake. McHenry County Coroner Anne Majewski announced Sunday morning that an autopsy is scheduled for today to determine the cause and manner of Paulson’s death.
Crystal Lake teen killed in Lakewood crash Oct 19, 2014 3:36 PM
The woman killed Saturday in a fiery rollover crash in Lakewood has been identified as 19-year-old Jacquelyn Paulson of Crystal Lake. McHenry County Coroner Anne Majewski announced Sunday morning that an autopsy is scheduled for Monday to determine the cause and manner of Paulson’s death.
New MS support group starting in Huntley Oct 17, 2014 1:01 AM
Family Alliance Inc. recently announced that it is hosting a new Huntley Multiple Sclerosis Foundation Support Group. The meetings will take place at 2 p.m. on the fourth Wednesday of the month at the new Family Alliance Comprehensive Care Center in Huntley.
Family Alliance Inc. hosts its annual “Haunted Square” Oct 16, 2014 6:52 PM
Family Alliance Inc. hosts its annual “Haunted Square” from 7 to 9 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays, through Oct. 31. On Saturday, Oct. 25, the Zombie Pub Crawl will continue until midnight. On Friday, Oct. 31, they will offer a “Haunt-or-Treat After Dark.”
Endorsement: Wheeler in House 64 Oct 16, 2014 1:01 AM
The Daily Herald recommends Barbara Wheeler in Illinois House District 64.
Sign up to get your flu shot in McHenry Oct 16, 2014 12:48 PM
McHenry County Department of Health joins the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in encouraging an annual flu shot for everyone, age 6 months and older, as first and most important step in protecting against this serious illness. The next clinics will be Tuesday, Oct. 21, and Wednesday, Oct. 22.
Have your children screened for lead poisoning Oct 16, 2014 12:49 PM
To increase awareness of childhood lead poisoning prevention, McHenry County Department of Health is participating in National Lead Poisoning Prevention Week, Oct. 19-25.
Our HOMe Improvement Donates Carpeting to Clearbrook Oct 16, 2014 7:14 AM
Our HOMe Improvement Donates Carpeting to Clearbrook
Judge: Crystal Lake South bleachers must come down Oct 16, 2014 10:39 PM
A McHenry County judge ruled Thursday that Crystal Lake South High School must disassemble stadium bleachers constructed during the summer of 2013 without zoning approvals from the city, the Chicago Tribune reported. Judge Michael Chmiel ordered Community Unit School District 155 to take down the 51-foot tall bleachers, which back up to homes on the 1100 block of Amberwood Drive, starting Dec. 1.
Man charged with twice robbing Crystal Lake 7-Eleven Oct 15, 2014 4:42 PM
A 41-year-old man was arrested and charged Tuesday night with twice robbing a Crystal Lake 7-Eleven within walking distance of his apartment. Jeffrey D. Gibson is accused of reaching into the cash register and stealing money Tuesday morning and Sept. 28, police said.
‘Man Up’ event focuses on men’s health issues Oct 15, 2014 6:14 PM
For one night, skip the gym and head to the pub — all in the name of men’s health. “Man Up for Men’s Health” will take place from 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 6, at Emmett’s Tavern and Brewing Co., 128 W. Main St., West Dundee. The event is hosted by Advocate Sherman Hospital’s Men’s Health Alliance.
Forgotten Chicagoans rediscovered; 8,000 names identified in Chicago cemetery records Oct 15, 2014 6:22 PM
The names of more than 8,000 people who may have died penniless or without family in the long forgotten Cook County Cemetery have been rediscovered and are now available free to the public. The Cook County Cemetery was located at what is now the intersection of Irving Park Road and Narragansett Avenue on Chicago’s Northwest Side between 1861-1922.
Join Defenders Saturday in creek cleanup Oct 15, 2014 5:49 PM
On Saturday, Oct. 18, join in cleanup of a branch of Sleepy Hollow Creek and removing invasive species along it as part of the national Make A Difference Day event. This stream cleanup and restoration workday will be jointly sponsored by the Environmental Defenders of McHenry County and the Silver and Sleepy Hollow Creeks Watershed Coalition. The project goal will be to improve the water quality in Sleepy Hollow Creek by removing trash from the stream and invasive species from the surrounding area.
“Run, Walk & Roll” Oct. 26 to benefit Marklund Oct 14, 2014 5:14 PM
Get ready to "Run, Walk & Roll" for Marklund! Registration is still being accepted for Marklund’s second annual 5K/1 mile event which is set for Sunday, Oct. 26 in Geneva. “Last year, nearly 600 people participated in our inaugural event and helped us net $30,000 for programs and services for our clients so we're looking forward to growing that number this year!,” said Stephanie Heinz, Development Coordinator at Marklund.
Crystal Lake man charged with shooting gun inside home Oct 14, 2014 11:49 PM
A Crystal Lake man was arrested Sunday and charged with discharging a firearm and threatening another resident inside their home. Samuel D. Twinam, 48, was charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, reckless discharge of a firearm, domestic battery, unlawful possession of a firearm and unlawful possession of firearm ammunition.
Police seek tips in Crystal Lake 7-Eleven robbery Oct 14, 2014 9:17 PM
Crystal Lake police are seeking information about a robbery at a 7-Eleven store Tuesday, officials said. A man came into the store at 19 Berkshire Drive around 11:06 a.m. and approached the counter, according to a news release. Once the clerk opened the cash register for a transaction, the man grabbed cash from the register and fled.
- Waukegan school district, teachers reach tentative deal
- No more excuses
- Family, friends stunned by death of Libertyville grad
- 2 fire districts field 'emotionally charged' questions
- 10 ideas -- from tame to terrifying -- for Halloween
- 1,700 pounds of marijuana recovered from Elk Grove warehouse
- Tri-Cities police reports
- Teacher uses N-word in Carol Stream classroom
- Early voting, mail voting setting new Cook County records
- Halloween candy gets the acid test
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets R-B again
- Des Plaines complex could have 11 tall towers
- Brainerd Building demolition could start Monday
- Suburban police no longer feel 'helpless' against heroin
- Editorial: Carpentersville's unconscionable refusal to explain
- Townhouses could displace Des Plaines church
- Can one family save downtown Long Grove?
- Why did Marine from Elk Grove Village take his life?
- Sun-Times reporter quits over paper's handling of story
- A last chance to end 50-year Rt. 53 extension struggle
- How bad will our winter be? A caterpillar can tell you.
- Pumpkin seeds and carving take center stage at BatFest
- MEDICAL BILLER - MEDICAL BILLER, PT, exp. required for Mt. Prospect orthopedic office. Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Call Kim 847-699-6810 (id:4389892) MANUFACTURING - Manufacturing100 Jobs! Plastics company in Hanover Park needs Pickers/ Packers, Assemblers, Inspectors and Machine Operators NOW for 12 hour AM and PM shifts. To $8.60/hr 630-620-9800 Walk-ins Welcome 9am-3pm at Staff Force Addison office 190 North Swift Road, Ste X email@example.com (id:4389520) CUSTOMER SERVICE / INSIDE SALES - C.S/Inside Sales Mgr-NW Chicago Sub. Growing Fastener Co needs exper. Mgr with good PC and phone skills. Email Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389208)
- COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4389252) COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4389254) KITCHEN HELP - Maintenance Aramark Grayslake H.S. Kitchen Help Wanted EOE, M/F/Disability/Vet Donna 847-986-3360 (id:4389660)
- JOB FAIR - Love food? Have a knack for connecting with people? Mariano's is interested in you! Job Fair Mariano's -Arlington Heights 802 East Northwest Highway Arlington Heights, IL 60004 Saturday, November 1st 9am to 4pm NOW HIRING FULL AND PART TIME FOR OUR ARLINGTON HEIGHTS STORE Bakery Team Member Cake Decorator Cashier Deli Team Member Food Demonstrator Food Service Team Member Grocery Team Member - All Shifts Meat-Seafood Team Member Salad Bar Team Member Sushi Chef We passionately believe our philosophy-Shop Well. Eat Well. Live Well-means nothing unless we hire well and treat our people well. If you are unable to attend on the above date, please apply on-line at: www. marianos.com or stop in and use our in-store employment kiosk Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4389358) DELIVERY DRIVER / WAREHOUSE WORKER - Delivery Driver/Warehouse Worker -Arlington Hts, IL Duties: assembling equipment, delivery, pick-up and installation of office equipment to clients locally. Requirements: high school diploma and a valid driver's license. Good work ethic, clean driving record, mechanical aptitude, clean working conditions, ability to lift 75 lbs. Apply to email@example.com Toshiba Business Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity/ affirmative action employer "M/F/D/V -EOE" (id:4389341) CLERK - MEDICAL RECORDS - Clerical -Medical Records Clerk to work in small friendly Home Health Agency located in Oak Brook. Call Bridget or Diane at Best Care 630-645-9600 or fax to 630-645-1455 (id:4389657)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.