Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Crystal Lake
Learn how MCC social media series can boost business Aug 14, 2014 3:43 PM
The Workforce Community and Business Programs of McHenry County College is offering a new Social Media Certificate Series beginning in September. To learn more about this new program, an information session will be held at 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 26, at the McHenry County College Shah Center.
Help rescue pets at Doggie-Dine-Out event in Algonquin Aug 14, 2014 3:25 PM
Saving one animal will not save the world … but, for that one animal, the world will change forever. In that way Hope Pet Rescue wants to help change many lives. On Tuesday, Aug. 19, Port Edward in Algonquin, will host Doggie-Dine-Out where you can come, have a delicious dinner by the river and be part of changing the life of an abandoned pet. Port Edward will donate 15 percent of food sales to Hope Pet Rescue.
Get a tour of the 1850s or WWII at history open house in Ringwood Aug 14, 2014 3:47 PM
Step back in time to the 1850s and World War II at McHenry County Conservation District’s Living History Open House from noon to 4 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 17, at Glacial Park's Powers-Walker House in Ringwood.
Open Mic and Jam Night returns to McHenry church Aug 13, 2014 4:26 PM
The popular Open Mic and Jam Night returns to Haystacks Coffee House at 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 15, at the Tree of Life Unitarian Universalist Congregation in McHenry. The evening will feature local performers showing their skills as folk, rock and roll, jazz, and classical musicians, as well as performances by story tellers and spoken word artists.
Haystacks Coffee House hosts summer open mic and jam Aug 13, 2014 4:19 PM
The popular Open Mic and Jam Night returns to Haystacks Coffee House at the Tree of Life Unitarian Universalist Congregation, 5603 Bull Valley Road in McHenry, at 7 pm on Friday, August 15.
Women’s shelter benefits from Sew Generously’s all night sew-a-thon Aug 13, 2014 4:21 PM
Sew Generously in St. Charles is sponsoring an all-night Sew-a-thon on behalf of Mutual Ground Women and Children's Domestic Violence Shelter in Aurora.
Crystal Lake planning closing celebration for its centennial year Aug 13, 2014 4:41 PM
The closing of Crystal Lake’s year-long centennial brings with it another free family event this fall.
Recording artist Athena to perform at the Listening Room Aug 11, 2014 4:07 PM
At 8 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 11, up-and-coming solo artist Athena will perform at the Listening Room at Lakeside Legacy Arts Park in Crystal Lake. Her debut album strings together an authentic county soulfulness with a southern rock and Americana influence.
Lakeside Legacy Arts Park presents First Friday Gallery Night Aug 11, 2014 3:56 PM
Lakeside Legacy Arts Park invites the community to its next First Friday Art exhibit on Sept. 5. It provides the community with an artistic evening consisting of art, live music, complimentary appetizers, and a cash bar.
The Listening Room presents Steve Sebby, singer songwriter Aug 11, 2014 4:15 PM
On Friday, Oct. 3 at 8 p.m., the Listening Room presents singer and songwriter Steve Sebby, front man for Chicago’s Americana/rock/pop bands Fire City Limits, Pullman Drive, The Bluewater Kings, and the Steve Sebby Band.
They Did It Again! Another Win for the Country Cruisers Dance Team Aug 11, 2014 8:16 AM
The Country Cruisers Dance Team won first place for combined country/western couples and line dancing. The team competed in the second of three regional competitions required for advancing to compete in the Worlds Dance Competition in Orlando, FL.
Cary Lions award scholarships Aug 11, 2014 9:49 PM
The Cary Lions Club was pleased to award three $1,000 scholarships to high school seniors residing within the 60013 ZIP code and attending Cary Grove, Prairie Ridge or Marian Central high schools.
Hanover Park man ditches convenience for franchise Aug 11, 2014 11:18 PM
Humza Khan of Hanover Park loves buildings. He loves what you may not notice, like the ceiling, the floor plans, the color and the design. So it’s no surprise that the 28-year-old left behind a secure job with his family’s 7-Eleven businesses to pursue his dream. He has taken his test to obtain a license as an inspector and aims to launch his own franchise of Pillar to Post, a building inspection firm, by early September. “Growing up in Chicago, one of the most beautiful cities in the world that contains incredible architecture in the hundreds of buildings, I was always interested in buildings and design,” Khan said. “I would notice crown moldings, cabinetry, floor plans of houses and just overall color schemes and think about the design style of each structure. It was a passion that slowly grew as I got older.” He said he once considered a career in interior design but was more interested in the overall area of real estate, architecture and remodeling. “I initially began researching different business opportunities within the architecture and real estate areas and after several months of research, I found Pillar to Post,” he said. The franchise appealed to him because it combined the two things he has always loved and has been good at, architecture and people skills, he said. “The business plan and methodology guided a new business owner to succeed and their code of business ethics allowed for a newcomer to provide honest, necessary, informed information regarding a building so a potential buyer can have peace of mind in their purchase,” he said. Khan was born in downtown Chicago. At 3, his parents moved to Hanover Park. When he was 18, he began working at 7-Eleven in Glendale Heights, owned by his older sister’s husband. For the next 10 years, he worked with his brother-in-law and they expanded the business and opened two additional locations, one in Park Ridge and another in Glendale Heights. Khan began as a sales associate and worked his way up to general manager of the two Glendale Heights stores. The experience has taught him about customer service and customer satisfaction to build loyalty. He said after much thought and deliberation, he decided it was time to combine his passion with his business skills and create something for himself. “Starting this company has been wonderful and terrifying at the same time,” Khan said. “It takes a lot of courage and confidence to leave an existing profitable family business to go out and try to follow my dreams.” He also wants to help people build their own dreams as well. “My goal is to continue to build and grow and help the residential community of my hometown to buy and sell property with confidence,” he said. Rosemont legacy continues Jacqueline Stephens Breisch is a new associate in the Lake Forest office of Schiller DuCanto & Fleck LLP. She has extensive experience in family law cases involving custody, maintenance, child support, property division, and finding creative solutions to deal with complex financial matters associated with divorce. The Rosemont native recently moved back to her hometown where her grandfather, Donald E. Stephens, was the founding mayor of Rosemont and served for nearly 50 years. Her uncle, Brad Stephens, took over as mayor in 2007. Specialist now at Lutheran General Anastasios Raptis of Libertyville is the new stem cell transplant medical director at Advocate Lutheran General in Park Ridge. Raptis is a hematology/oncology specialist, with nearly 30 years experience in performing all types of stem cell/bone marrow transplants and was recruited from the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. FastTracks Meghan O’Kelly was named the Young Professional of the Year by the Public Relations Society of America Chicago at its annual Skyline Awards Gala. The group recognizes the best communications practitioners, campaigns and tactics in the Chicago area. O’Kelly, a Hoffman Estates native and 2004 graduate of Fremd High School, is the corporate relations division manager for the Midwest region at Northbrook-based Allstate Insurance Co. Owner Sheryl Martinec cut the ribbon on her new Flour Shoppe Bakery and Confectionary in Cary. Those who were on hand to welcome Martinec included Lynn Caccavallo, associate director of the Cary Grove Chamber of Commerce; Dave Evans, the chamber board president; Brad Ball, executive director o the chamber; among others. Tom McDonald has been appointed regional sales manager of Corporate Life & Pensions at Zurich Global Life in Schaumburg. ... Andre Richards is the new director of brand strategy and management at Oak Brook-based Delta Dental Plans Association, a dental benefits provider. ... Kaylee Phalon is the new financial adviser at Edward Jones at Naperville’s Fifth Avenue Station. She joins Financial Advisor Mark Putbrese, who has served clients in the Naperville area for about 20 years. Glenview native Megan Tamte, founder and CEO of Edina, Minnesota-based Hot Mama stores, has changed the company name to Evereve. It will open at the Main Street Promenade in Naperville on Aug. 20, and is one of the company’s eight Illinois locations. It’s also the first brick-and-mortar store nationwide to make the name change. ... Beth Wagner is the new marketing coordinator at Black Diamond Plumbing and Mechanical Inc. in Crystal Lake Stephanie Nelson of Park Ridge, event manager for CDM Media said the Chicago-based company has recently expanded to New York and Cardiff, United Kingdom. It is a business-to-business technology, marketing and media firm that specializes in reaching executives through events and strategic online content. • There’s more to business than just the bottom line. We want to tell you about the people that make business work. Send news about people in business to email@example.com. Follow Anna Marie Kukec on LinkedIn and Facebook and as AMKukec on Twitter.
Crystal Lake man killed in Lake in the Hills crash Aug 10, 2014 5:38 PM
Authorities on Sunday identified Justin Blanco of Crystal Lake the motorcyclist who died early Saturday after a crash in Lake in the Hills. Blanco, 25, was thrown from his 2004 Suzuki motorcycle about 3:40 a.m. after rear-ending a 1998 Mercedes while heading east on Rakow Road near Pingree Road, Lake in the Hills police said.
Crystal Lake motorcyclist dies after early-morning crash Aug 9, 2014 11:17 AM
A Crystal Lake man has died after crashing his motorcycle into a Mercedes on Rakow Road in Lake in the Hills early this morning, police said. The man, who police are not naming, was airlifted to Advocate Condell Medical Center in Libertyville, where he died.
Dine out to benefit Turning Point Aug 8, 2014 1:57 PM
Join "Dine Out for Turning Point" during the week of Monday, Aug. 11, to Saturday, Aug. 16.
Local Varsity Softball players enjoy summer success Aug 8, 2014 3:57 PM
Stampede Win at Nationals!
Barrington United Methodist Church Rummage Sale Oct. 3-4 Aug 7, 2014 7:10 AM
The Rummage Sale at Barrington United Methodist Church, southeast corner of Rt. 59 and Rt. 62 (Algonquin Rd.), is celebrating its 81st year! Come to find a bit of everything: clothing, shoes, accessories, furniture, lamps, small appliances, electronics, tools, sporting goods, toys, linens, household items, books, CD's, DVD's, videos, computer hardware and software, holiday items, crafts, and fabrics. A separate room--the French Room--is filled with antiques, collectibles, china, fine quality clothing, and jewelry. Furniture and sporting goods fill a tent. The sale begins at 9:00 am on Friday October 3 and ends at 7:00 pm. On Saturday, October 4, the sale begins at 9:00 am and ends at noon. Saturday is a bag sale: buy a plastic bag and fill it for just $5.00 in selected departments. The French Room will be half price on Saturday.
SOS Presents Beauty and the Beast Jr. at Barrington High School Aug 7, 2014 7:21 AM
"Be Our Guest to An Enchanting Tale as Old as Time", as Schaumburg On Stage presents the award-winning musical Disney's Beauty and the Beast Jr.
Upcoming indie horror will be filmed in Elgin Aug 7, 2014 3:41 PM
"Haeger's Pass," a horror film following four friends as they are terrorized on a camping trip, will be primarily filmed in Elgin. This film follows four friends as they embark on a weekend camping trip. On the way to the site, Blaine reveals that he shares an eerie past within the area they're planning to set up camp.
- Baseball officials got it right by upholding Giants' protest
- College of DuPage board: Trustee embarrassed members
- Elgin police: Man demanded money for pizza before attacking cop
- Heavy overnight rains close roads across suburbs
- Buffalo Grove teacher paralyzed in motorcycle crash
- Only minor injuries when SUV hits storefront in Arlington Heights
- Tollway to let you know about cash in old I-PASS accounts
- New pool, turf field among ideas for Dist. 214 surplus
- UberX driver sued in fatal Hoffman Estates crash
- IDOT to widen Route 59 at Stearns Road in Bartlett
- Dawn Patrol: UBERx driver sued over crash; Cubs game resumes today
- Buffalo Grove teacher paralyzed in motorcycle crash
- UberX driver sued in fatal Hoffman Estates crash
- Jermaine Jones destined for MLS -- and maybe Fire
- SUV hits storefront in Arlington Heights
- Archdiocese clears former Schaumburg pastor
- Elgin police: Man demanded money for pizza before attacking cop
- Florida firm acquires Golf Mill property for $60 million
- Giants' protest upheld; Cubs game to resume Thursday
- DuPage County forest director says he was forced out
- HEALTH CARE RECEPTIONIST - Receptionist needed for busy OB/GYNE office in Bloomingdale. Full time includes one evening. Experience needed. Fax resume to: 630-980-0971 (id:4383119) OFFICE/WAREHOUSE - OFFICE/WAREHOUSE Candy wholesaler in Des Plaines needs person to take phone orders, help fill orders. Must be able to speak English and Spanish. Call 847-297-6800 (id:4383069) RECEPTIONIST - Dental receptionist w/ minimum 4 yrs dental exp. Eaglesoft a +, 25-27 hrs/wk. Non-smoker, Bartlett. Fax resume w/ ref. 630-830-2233 (id:4383473)
- PRESS OPERATOR - Great Career Opportunity for a Press Operator Gannett Publishing Services -Des Moines, Iowa Gannett Publishing Services, a division of Gannett has a great opportunity for a press operator in Des Moines, Iowa. A facility that prints multiple Gannett and commercial products. Des Moines is Iowa's rapidly growing capital city, with a downtown in the midst of a building boom. There's also a downtown sculpture garden and skating rink; river walk and recreational trails that connect with others Central Iowa trails, and a blossoming urban neighborhood of lofts, shops and restaurants. Yet it remains a comfortably sized metro area with reasonable commutes. The publishing business at the local newspapers production facility located on Army Post Road is thriving with an abundance of commercial printing from companies such as the Wall Street Journal, The Des Moines Register, USA TODAY and many others publications that print on our state of the art Man Roland Geoman double-wide press. We are here to stay and looking to add to our current staff of experienced press operators. We are also willing to train the right person that has a sound understanding of the principles of publishing and the desire and determination to work independently and grow their careers with a well established organization such as GANNETT. You should possess a minimum of at least 5 years of the following requirements and experiences: -Web Offset printing experience. -Experience working on double wide presses. -Ability to produce high quality printing. -Perform under tight deadlines. -Must have familiarity with the use of densitometers. -Identify problems and find quick solutions. -Sound computer knowledge and effective communication skills. The ideal candidate should be prepared to work flexible hours, including holidays, weekends and nights. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, generous vacation policy, tuition reimbursement, and more. Gannett Publishing Services is committed to diversity and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment is contingent on passing a pre-employment, post-offer drug test. If interested please complete the online employment application by going to: http://www.gannett.com/section/careers01and reference requisition #28762 Feel free to contact Sydney Vernon, Manager, Talent Acquisition for GANNETT if you know of someone that meets this criteria or have questions regarding this opportunity. firstname.lastname@example.org -914-694-5335. (id:4383041) PT MANUFACTURING - Part-Time Manufacturing Villa Park mfr. seeks dependable persons in either light assembly or sm parts mach optr Kepner Products Company M/F/D/V 630-279-1550 (id:4383127) TELLER - BANKING -TELLER Immediate opening for PT teller. Cash handling or teller experience required with good customer service skills. Email: email@example.com First Eagle Bank 1040 E Lake Street Hanover Park, IL 60133 EOE (id:4383294)
- SCHOOL AGE WORKER/EARLY CHILDHOOD TEACH - Afterschool Club and Schoolhouse Children's Center is seeking DCFS qualified school age workers for our after school enrichment program and DCFS ECE qualified teachers for our daycare center. School age worker position is part time M-F 1:30-6:00 p.m. Our Afterschool Club programs are located in several school districts throughout Lake County IL. Our daycare center is located in the Hawthorn North School in Vernon Hills IL. The early childhood Teacher position is full time with various shift times. Please FAX or EMAIL resumes to 847.548.0772 firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4383736) PLASTIC INJECTION MOLDING PROCESS TECH - Plastic Injection Molding Process Tech NW Suburbs -2nd & 3rd Shift We offer health/dental ins & 401k. Fax 847-468-9951 or Email to email@example.com (id:4383415) DRIVER - Driver needed -CDL Class A, Bebefits, vac. pay, holiday pay.$19/hr. apply in person: 13851 Primepoint Huntley, IL. 847-669-1700 (id:4383170)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.