Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Crystal Lake Central High School
Crystal Lake South outlasts Crystal Lake Central Oct 24, 2013 12:00 AM
Crystal Lake Central and Crystal Lake South entered Thursday’s Fox Valley Conference crossover battle of first place girls volleyball teams with a combined record of 62-6. Each team won its respective division with perfect 12-0 slates. So the match up between the area powers seemed set up to be a classic. It was. Valley champion Crystal Lake South was a little better, knocking off the host Tigers 25-23, 25-21 in 2 games.
Crystal Lake edges Naperville N. for sectional crown Oct 14, 2013 12:00 AM
The flawless season the Crystal Lake Co-op girls golf team has sculpted remained intact.
Prairie Ridge edges Jacobs for FVC title Oct 12, 2013 12:00 AM
Jon Betts’ disappointment was evident. Only 1 point separated his Jacobs Golden Eagles from winning the Fox Valley Conference girls tennis championship Saturday in Crystal Lake. Prairie Ridge grabbed the championship with 97 points while Jacobs was a point back with 96 points and Crystal Lake South placed third with a score of 95.
St. Charles North, Barrington moving on Oct 9, 2013 12:00 AM
Lexie Harkins and Larisa Luloff each shot 74s that carried the Crystal Lake Central co-op to a the Class AA Prairie Ridge girls golf regional title on Wednesday at Prairie Isle in Crystal Lake. Harkins, though, needed one extra hole to take medalist honors over Luloff with a birdie. Crystal Lake Central finished with a total of 321, 6 shots better than St. Charles North (327) and Barrington (338), which settled for third.
CL Central, Warren set Harland pace Oct 5, 2013 12:00 AM
Handling some pretty tough hills was the name of the game for boys cross country runners Saturday morning at the Pat Harland Invitational hosted by Antioch. Some warm and humid weather conditions made the grueling 3-mile course at Fox River State Park in Silver Lake, Wis., even more of a challenge for area runners although everyone was pretty happy that the rains held off in time for both varsity races to be completed. Crystal Lake Central showed why it is one of the elite teams in the state in Class 2A by capturing the championship of the 14-team meet by a final score of 30-69 over runner-up Warren.
CL Central makes it tough on Grayslake N. Oct 5, 2013 12:00 AM
Crystal Lake Central's Kyle Lavand threw for two scores in the second half, but his 59-yard breakaway scoring run with 1:46 left in the third quarter was the key play in a 35-6 win over Grayslake North that gave the Tigers a spot all alone in first place in the FVC Fox Division.
Crystal Lake co-op runs away with FVC crown Oct 2, 2013 12:00 AM
There was no drama involved in Lexi Harkins leading the Crystal Lake Central co-op girls golf team to a Fox Valley Conference title Wednesday afternoon. The North Carolina-bound Harkins shot a 2-over-par 74 as CLC had the top five finishers to shoot 326 and win by 83 shots at Crystal Woods Golf Club.
CL Central legs out a victory at Grayslake Central Sep 27, 2013 12:00 AM
Grayslake Central (3-2) ran into a gifted and quick offense from Crystal Lake Central, which motored to a quick 21-0 start and coasted to a 34-10 FVC victory.
Crystal Lake C. beats Huntley with late TD Sep 20, 2013 12:00 AM
Snakebit. Squandering a lead late in the game for a second straight week, Huntley’s defense could only watch in stunned silence as Crystal Lake Central scored with 13.6 seconds left on a 15 yard pass from Kyle Lavand to Eric Hjerstedt and the Tigers defeated the Red Raiders 34-27 in Fox Valley Conference crossover action in Huntley Friday night. “The kids did everything to win the game,” said Huntley coach John Hart. “I am very proud of the kids. Central made the plays when they had to. Our goal is to make the playoffs so we have to bounce back against a very good Dundee-Crown team next week.”
Scouting Week 4 in the Fox Valley Sep 19, 2013 12:00 AM
Scouting the weekend's football games in the Fox Valley.
Crystal Lake co-op runs away with McHenry title Sep 17, 2013 12:00 AM
The recipe for success for the Crystal Lake Central co-op girls golf team has been concocted with the right mix of players from three high schools. But it was also clear the Tigers have blended more than just their solid golf talents after their six players finished in the top 11 spots. They shot 304 and cruised to the McHenry County Girls Golf Tournament title at Boone Creek Golf Club in Bull Valley on Tuesday afternoon.
Crystal Lake Central runs past Hampshire Sep 13, 2013 12:00 AM
Was Jason Voorhees wearing a Crystal Lake Central Kyle Lavand jersey Friday night? Or was Lavand just wearing the wrong helmet? Either way, the senior hosted his own Quarterback Camp Crystal Lake and was a Friday the 13th nightmare for visiting Hampshire. Known for his arm in the Tigers’ spread offense, Lavand decided to become a dual-threat monster. Along with 2 touchdown passes, an interception and 12 of 22 for 250 yards passing, Lavand rushed 24 times out of the spread for 150 yards and a touchdown to total 400 of the Tigers’ 513 total yards in Central’s 46-21 Fox Valley Conference Fox win over the Whip-Purs at Owen Metcalf Field in Crystal Lake.
Crystal Lake South gets past Crystal Lake C. Sep 6, 2013 12:00 AM
Without an offensive point for a little over 7 quarters during the early portion of the 2013 football season, Crystal Lake South’s offensive explosion came at the right time. Scoring 2 touchdowns in a 4 minute, 47 second span in the fourth quarter, the Gators were able to rally for a 14-7 Fox Valley Conference crossover win over city rival Crystal Lake Central at Central’s Metcalf Field Friday night.
Jacobs’ Van Vlierbergen a pain-free 2nd Aug 31, 2013 12:00 AM
It was a mixed bag for Jacobs junior Lauren Van Vlierbergen at Saturday’s McHenry County Cross Country Meet held at McHenry County Township Park in Johnsburg. Van Vlierbergen was a little disappointed she finished a distant second to county champion Maura Beattie of Woodstock, but Van Vlierbergen was happy she was able to run the 3-mile course pain free. Van Vlierbergen, who was hindered by a hip injury all last season during the cross country and track seasons, placed second with a time of 18:37.9. Beattie breezed through the course in a clocking of 17:52.5 to claim the county championship.
Grant can’t keep pace with Crystal Lake Central Aug 31, 2013 12:00 AM
Crystal Lake Central switched to an up-tempo, no-huddle offense this season with the hope of wearing down opponents. That’s essentially what happened when the Tigers rallied in the fourth quarter to beat Grant 29-15 in Fox Lake on Saturday.
Crystal Lake Central, Grant postponed Aug 30, 2013 12:00 AM
Friday’s scheduled game between Crystal Lake Central and host Grant was postponed by storm weather. It has been rescheduled for 7:30 p.m. Saturday at Grant.
Hampshire hoping to make some noise in FVC Fox Aug 26, 2013 12:00 AM
If defense wins games Hampshire’s football team should be feeling rather good about itself. Whip-Purs coach Dan Cavanaugh, the dean of Fox Valley area football coaches in his 25th season, likes the makeup of his defense, which returns plenty of talent and experience up front in Leighton Sheetz (6-0, 275, DT), Mike Gibas (6-2, 240), Matt Kielbasa (6-2, 250, DE) and Steve Kirkwood (5-10, 185, DE). Inside linebackers Brandan Swanson (6-0, 170) and Ben Bednarek (5-10, 210) also are back.
FVC Valley wide open, but don’t count out Cary-Grove Aug 26, 2013 12:00 AM
It’s probably not a good idea to sell the Cary-Grove football team short. Despite graduating a large portion of last year’s team that reached the Class 6A state title game, third-year coach Brad Seaburg is far from waving a white flag for the defending Fox Valley Conference Valley Division champions. “We have the athleticism and we’re starting to see some leadership emerging,” he said of his junior-heavy lineup. “On paper and after seeing what we’ve seen in practice with our enthusiasm, effort and execution so far, we feel like we should be able to compete for a conference championship, for sure.”
Sciaccotta steps in, and Barrington moves on May 20, 2013 12:00 AM
Just before the start of the game, Barrington's Joey Sciaccotta had to move from playing second base to shortstop after Dylan Lidge's hip pointer acted up. While the defensive move had Sciaccotta a bit unnerved for the first few innings, the junior took out his frustrations at the plate. Sciaccotta had 2 hits, including a huge two-out single in the sixth inning to drive in the eventual winning run as host Barrington edged Crystal Lake Central 4-3 in a Class 4A regional play-in game.
Top moments in high school sportsApr 30, 2013 12:00 AM
High school athletes across the suburbs face off on basketball courts, football fields and baseball diamonds; they size each other up in tennis matches, around golf tees and across wrestling mats. The give it their all for their schools, their teams, their classmates and their coaches. The Daily Herald put together a video to honor athletes at our suburban high schools. Watch this feature to see some of the top moments in high school sports.
- Authorities: Georgia man stole millions from Aon Hewitt
- Bulls' Fredette doesn't disappoint
- St. Charles aldermen ready to boot firm from downtown
- Motorola Solutions shrinks, while Zebra grows
- District 220 parents have plenty to say about class sizes
- Review: Ups and downs with Google Glass apps
- Warrenville comedian makes a career in TV commercials
- This White Sox start — good and bad — can't last
- Suburban marathoners head to Boston with purpose
- Police: Boy brought loaded gun to Aurora school
- Suburbs face worst roadwork season in years
- Report: Walgreen pressured to move HQ to Europe
- Tight wedding ring, other subtle changes pointed to tumor
- Police: Utah mom admitted to killing her 6 babies
- Naperville teacher knows what makes students tick
- St. Charles East students help 2-year-old girl
- Round Lake Beach man dies after crash on Edens
- Addison mom gets 7 years for stabbing young son
- Review: Fire TV device great, but not fully ready
- With $41.4M, 'Captain America' holds off 'Rio 2'
- Obama doing what's best for country
- Report: Walgreen pressured to move HQ to Europe
- Kotowski: Rifle association not truthful about meeting
- DuPage mayors step up push for pension reform
- Amrich campaign supporter could double commission stipend
- Naperville teacher knows what makes students tick
- Closer by committee? Cubs ought to give it a shot
- Mortgage debt forgiveness back on table
- Last call for Mickey Finn's at old location
- Schaumburg's budget boosts roadwork, lowers taxes
- SOCIAL SERVICES - Youth Leadership Advocates LCCIL seeks two part-time Youth Leadership advocates. Youth Leadership Advocate #1 works 25 hours per week in our McHenry IL office. This advocate must be able to travel to McHenry County schools to provide self-advocacy and leadership training to youth with disabilities. Training and special projects occur when school is not in session. Youth Leadership Advocate #2 is a summer temporary job working up to 30 hours per week in our Mundelein Office. This advocate co-facilitates a summer internship for youth with disabilities, teaching advocacy and project planning. See www.lccil.org for job qualifications and more information. To apply, applicants must follow ALL instructions to be considered. Email cover letter, resume, and at least three professional references, as MS Word attachments, to email@example.com. The cover letter must state: which position is desired, salary requirements, and how the applicant meets the qualifications. Persons with disabilities encouraged to apply. Lake County Center for Independent Living is committed to equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We will accept application materials until both positions are filled. No phone calls please. (id:4370143) HOTEL - Hotel POSITIONS: -7 FT Housekeepers -6 PT Housekeepers -1 FT Cook -Purchaser -1 FT Steward (Dishwashing) Great benefits offered at 60 days of employment Contact Kelly Flores -HR at 847-240-5181. You can apply directly on line at: http://careers.hiretrue.com/ marriottschaumburg EOE, M/F, D/V (id:4369934) RECEPTIONIST - PT - Receptionist needed for busy Chiropractic Office. Needs computer knowledge, good people skills, some financial skills. Needs to be a quick learner. Must be able to handle many tasks at once. Part time. Call 847-888-4770 for further information. (id:4369314)
- PRODUCT DESIGN ENGINEER - Product Design Engineer GoerTek Electronics, Inc. is seeking a Product Design Engineer for Hoffman Estates, IL office. Responsible for developing new consumer electronics, creating three dimensional models, and conducting finite element analysis. MS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent. E-mail resume:firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4369754) LIFEGUARD - LIFEGUARDS For condo pools in all sub- urbs. 5/24-9/02. Top pay, Flex Hrs. We train and cert- ify. Apply at 630-529-1117 www.poolwatch.net (id:4370557) ACCOUNTING CLERK - Acctg Clerk -Arl Hs Co seeks PT team player for A/R, A/P, invoicing, and other clerical functions. Comp. salary. Email resume and salary history to email@example.com (id:4370341)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.