Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Countryside Fire Protection District
Five ill from carbon monoxide poisoning in Vernon Hills Oct 5, 2014 5:19 PM
A faulty furnace is to blame for the carbon monoxide poisoning illnesses of five Vernon Hills residents Sunday afternoon, according to the Countryside Fire Protection District. The five people affected, all residents of a house on the 300 block of Sutcliffe Circle in Vernon Hills, complained of headaches and vomiting.
Abandoned house burns near Mundelein Oct 4, 2014 11:01 PM
An abandoned house in an unincorporated area near Mundelein caught fire about 5 a.m. Saturday, drawing emergency crews from 11 public safety agencies to the scene, authorities said. Crews were on scene for about two hours in the 18000 block of Hickory Street fighting the fire, and so far, its cause remains unknown.
Countryside fire open house Sep 28, 2014 4:19 PM
Countryside Fire Protection District will host its annual pancake breakfast and open house from 8 a.m. to noon Sunday, Oct. 5, at Station 2, 600 N. Deerpath Drive, Vernon Hills.
Three fire departments honored: Sep 5, 2014 4:46 PM
Three Northwest suburban fire departments were recently presented with a Life Safety Achievement Award for fire prevention accomplishments in 2013 by the National Association of State Fire Marshals Fire Research and Education Foundation in partnership with Grinnell Mutual Reinsurance Company.
Fire safety promoted in June Jun 8, 2014 4:13 PM
Countryside Fire Protection District provide fire safety handouts out Chick-fil-A, 701 N. Milwaukee Ave., Vernon Hills, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday, June 12.
Suspicious fire damages vacant Vernon Hills home May 19, 2014 1:30 PM
No one was injured in a house fire early Monday on the 1000 block of Royal Oak Drive in Vernon Hills. The fire was suspicious and is under investigation, Countryside Fire Protection District officials said. Damage was estimated at $200,000.
Natural gas safety tips Apr 29, 2014 1:01 AM
Here are some tips to follow if you suspect a natural gas leak.
Fire chief: Cause of Long Grove explosion remains a mystery Apr 29, 2014 5:37 AM
While natural gas remains the most likely culprit in Friday night's explosion that leveled a Long Grove home and damaged numerous others, investigators admit that the extent of the damage is making their task difficult. "We may never know because of the amount of destruction," said Jeff Steingart, chief of the Countryside Fire Protection District.
Stay off the ice: Mar 18, 2014 5:17 PM
The Countryside Fire Protection District is urging the public to stay off the ice as its strength can’t be judged by its appearance, age, thickness, temperature or whether it is covered with snow.
Smoking materials blamed in Vernon Hills townhouse fire that injured one person Mar 10, 2014 2:13 PM
Unextinguished smoking materials is the cause of an early morning fire at a four-unit Vernon Hills townhouse building that injured one person, authorities said Monday.
Flag disposal drop box: Feb 7, 2014 5:40 PM
The Countryside Fire Protection District collects worn, faded and otherwise unserviceable U.S. flags and ensures their proper retirement according to law. Flags can be left in a drop box at the northwest corner of the fire headquarters, 600 Deerpath Drive, Vernon Hills.
Vernon Hills students get creative to promote fire safety Jan 31, 2014 5:07 PM
Eighth-graders at Hawthorn Middle School North teamed up with their student advisory groups to perform fire safety and prevention skits Friday in Vernon Hills.
Unattended candle blamed for Vernon Hills fire Nov 14, 2013 9:41 PM
A burning candle left unattended is likely to blame for a fire Thursday night at a single-family home in Vernon Hills, authorities said.
Santa’s visit to Westfield shopping center includes a big gift for local firefighters Nov 14, 2013 6:14 PM
Santa will arrive at Westfield Hawthorn mall in Vernon Hills on Friday evening to kick off the holidays and present the Countryside Fire Protection District with $200,000 to help pay for new equipment. The public presentation from 7 to 8 p.m includes hot chocolate and a performance by "Those Funny Little People"." Westfield also is celebrating an ongoing $50 million expansion.
Fire station open house and breakfast: Oct 1, 2013 5:47 PM
Countryside Fire Protection District will be hosting its annual pancake breakfast and open house from 8 a.m. to noon on Sunday, Oct. 6, at the fire station, 600 Deerpath Drive, Vernon Hills.
Vernon Hills fire unintentional: Sep 27, 2013 4:00 PM
A fire Thursday in Vernon Hills that resulted in $80,000 damage and displaced four families is classified as unintentional.
Countryside fire district accredited: Aug 23, 2013 6:23 PM
The Countryside Fire Protection District has received Accredited Agency status with the Commission on Fire Accreditation International for the fourth time.
Motorcyclist injured in Vernon Hills crash Jun 18, 2013 6:26 PM
A motorcyclist was injured in a single-vehicle crash Tuesday afternoon. Vernon Hills police and the Countryside Fire Protection District responded to the crash at 4:16 p.m. on the 200 block of Corporate Woods Parkway.
Vacant building provides rare training opportunity Jun 7, 2013 6:29 PM
The Countryside Fire Protection District and neighboring departments on Friday used the former Pier 1 building in Vernon Hills for a simulated fire and search and rescue. The building, to be demolished for a new Chick-fil-A restaurant, provided firefighers with a rare training opportunity.
Lightning likely cause in multiple Lake County fires Apr 17, 2013 9:37 PM
Multiple fires that crews from the Countryside Fire Protection District responded to on Wednesday afternoon may have been caused by lightning, according to officials. The fire that caused the most damage occurred around 12:24 p.m. on the 26700 block of Long Meadow Circle in Mundelein. Upon arrival, crews found the roof of a single family, one-story home on fire.
- Cubs make it official: Rick Renteria out, Joe Maddon in
- Trial date set for ex-Bear Avellini on DUI charges
- A trip back in time
- Insurance firm sues to avoid cost of arrested-cops cases
- Reputed street gang members accused of illegal drug, firearm sales
- 2 fire districts field 'emotionally charged' questions
- ESHOF to honor Nemmers with Lifetime Achievement Award
- Boys cross country: Schaumburg sectional scouting
- Teacher uses N-word in Carol Stream classroom
- Trick-or-treating hours in the suburbs
- Football: Week 9 MVPs
- Football Focus: Week 10 Preview
- Discipline will be key to Huntley's playoff chances
- Plenty of intrigue surrounds opening round of football playoffs
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets Riverside-Brookfield again
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Scouting this weekend's DuPage County playoff football games
- Tough playoff tests loom for MSL teams, St. Viator
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Lawsuit: Mom, daughter assaulted by clowns at haunted house
- Family questions response to Elgin man who died
- Shooting suspect caught after passers-by spotted him
- Why did Marine from Elk Grove Village take his life?
- FBI says Bolingbrook teen hoped to join ISIS
- Bolingbrook teen in ISIS case called intelligent, normal
- How Island Lake cops' heroic actions saved lives
- Skies now more friendly for kids on autism spectrum
- DuPage County Board mourns death of J.R. McBride
- New Bartlett restaurant opens downtown
- CELLULAR SOFTWARE SIGNALING ENGINEER - Engineer -LitePoint Corporation, a Teradyne company, looks for Cellular Software Signaling Engineer in Arlington Heights, IL, to develop signaling stacks. Visit www.litepoint.com for details. Reply with Req. ID to 965 W. Maude Ave. Sunnyvale, CA 94085. (id:4388961) QUALITY CONTROL - Quality Control Mechanical inspectors In-process & final inspections CMM experience a plus. Email Resume: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389842) COMPUTER SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR - Computer -Network & Computer Systems Administrator, Provide Network/Server system support for all dept. Bachelor's in Comp. Sci., IT related. Min. 1yr. exp. in network & computer SA. Mail resume to HR Mgr, Nuwave, LLC. 1795 N. Butterfield Rd, Libertyville, IL 60048 (id:4389213)
- POWER UNIT BUILDER - Hydraulic lift manufacturer in St. Charles, Illinois has an immediate full time opening for a panel-power unit builder. Candidate must have extensive electrical, electronic and hydraulic experience to layout and build control panels and power units from Cad drawings, electrical schematics and hydraulic drawings. Candidate must be well versed in the use of hand and power tools as well as various multimeters and hydraulic valve test equipment. Send resume to fax# (630) 584-9895 Email:email@example.com (id:4389188) NURSING INSTRUCTORS - Education MORTON COLLEGE, seeks ADJUNCT NURSING ASSISTANT INSTRUCTORS, for Spring 2015. For more info., see our ad under "Nursing" EOE (id:4389469) MEDICAL BILLER - MEDICAL BILLER, PT, exp. required for Mt. Prospect orthopedic office. Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Call Kim 847-699-6810 (id:4389892)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.