Articles filed under Condominiums
Size limits for dogs allowed if handled properly May 25, 2013 12:00 AM
Q. Can the board of our association adopt restrictions on the weight of dogs that are permitted to be kept on the property?
Condo buyers should ask for association documents May 18, 2013 12:00 AM
Q. I am about to make an offer on a condominium owned by an individual. I have heard some horror stories about some associations. What can I do to learn about the association, and if it seems to be functioning appropriately?
Who can serve on the association board:? May 11, 2013 12:00 AM
Q. Our condominium association has a rule that states that an owner who is delinquent in the payment of their assessments is not eligible to serve on the board. Is this a valid rule?
Association advised against ‘dummy’ security cameras Apr 27, 2013 12:00 AM
Q. There have been some thefts from cars in the parking lot of our association. The board is considering installing dummy security cameras in the parking lot. Are there legal concerns with this approach?
Factors used to determine association reserves Apr 20, 2013 12:00 AM
Q. Our condominium association has set aside funds each year for our reserve fund; however, we have no idea if it is sufficient. Are there any guiding principles here?
How to determine condo ownership Apr 13, 2013 12:00 AM
Q. A unit in our association has been occupied by the same individual for many years. A new resident claims he and his brother, who had occupied the unit, have been owners of the unit for many years. How can the board confirm the resident’s representation that he is, and has been, an owner?
Long-term contracts made by developer may be cancelled Apr 6, 2013 12:00 AM
Q. The developer of our condominium recently turned control of the association over to the owners. The board has been reviewing contracts entered into by the developer-controlled board. Some of these contracts are for a term of five years or more.
Election of board jeopardized by proxy confusion Mar 23, 2013 12:00 AM
Q. The board of managers of our condominium issued a proxy to all owners in the association, along with the notice of the annual meeting. An owner distributed a nearly identical proxy that failed to list one of the known candidates to the association board.
Central School loft conversion provides lesson in suburban living Mar 17, 2013 12:00 AM
Victoria Bisbikis doesn't consider herself impulsive but she broke character by plunking down a deposit immediately after seeing how the kindergarten room at the former Central School in Libertyville was shaping up. "I didn't want to take the chance of losing it," the soon-to-be single mom said of the three-bedroom loft.
Can a board transfer surplus out of the operating account? Mar 16, 2013 12:00 AM
Q. Our homeowners association had an operating surplus at the end of the year in 2012. The board transferred the operating surplus into our capital reserve account. Is this permitted?
Ask for assessment status when purchasing a condominium Mar 9, 2013 12:00 AM
Q. I am in the process of buying a unit in a homeowners association. What should I do to make sure that the assessments owed by the current owner are paid in full by the closing?
Attorney represents association board, not the homeowners Mar 2, 2013 12:00 AM
Q. I am a unit owner in a homeowner’s association. During a homeowner’s forum, I asked theassociation's attorney a question, but he stated he could not answer it because it would violate the attorney/client privilege.
Guidelines for difibrillator use will limit liability Feb 23, 2013 12:00 AM
Q. Our association is considering installing a portable Automated External Defibrillator in the fitness center of our association. We would also train our staff as to the use of the AED. However, we are concerned about liability. Are there any guidelines you can describe?
Condo boards can regulate tobacco smoke in common areas Feb 16, 2013 12:00 AM
Q. I live in a 76-unit condominium and a person who smokes recently moved into a unit on my floor. The smell of the smoke in the hall is very strong and I am concerned about the effects of secondhand smoke as I am a cancer patient.
Overcoming culture clash among diverse residents Feb 9, 2013 12:00 AM
Recent immigrants frequently settle in areas with persons of like background, and are often drawn to the benefits of community association living. However, the task of building new lives, working and raising families often leave them little time to learn a language and culture that bear little resemblance to their own.
Two judgments available in an eviction lawsuit Feb 2, 2013 12:00 AM
Q. Unpaid unit owner assessments have become an issue for our association. We have instituted an aggressive collection policy. Our attorney uses terms like "personal judgment" and "in rem" judgment. What is the difference?
Fines are ‘reasonable’ when in line with others Jan 26, 2013 12:00 AM
Q. The board of our association is in the process of updating our rules. One of our proposed changes would increase the fine of someone who parks in a handicapped space without the required state permit (plate or hangtag) to $250.
Automatic renewal contracts are enforceable Jan 12, 2013 12:00 AM
Q. Our association entered into a five year laundry room lease. The lease automatically renews for additional five year terms unless notice of non renewal is given to the laundry company. Is the automatic renewal provision enforceable?
Small association can adopt state rules regulating larger ones Jan 5, 2013 12:00 AM
Q. We are a small common interest community association, organized as a not for profit corporation, with a very minimal and outdated declaration of covenants. Our annual assessment income budget is less than $100,000.
When should an association board be bonded? Dec 29, 2012 12:00 AM
Q. I live in a self-managed, 75-unit association. Should the board members be bonded?
SOSEScript: generic_rss failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 99 position 3: Object required: 'rssXML'
SOSEScript: generic_rss failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 99 position 3: Object required: 'rssXML'
- Former Glenbard East student accused of shooting threat
- Warning lands Batavia teacher in hot water
- Barrington: Crash raises urgency for changes at CN crossing
- A happy surprise for one mom at Elgins Fox Trot
- Carnival worker charged in rape
- Minor injuries for 17 Algonquin students in bounce house accident
- Green smoothies provide health benefits, energy boost
- Don Mauer puts 'The 8-Hour Diet' to the test
- DuPage County friends talk about $7.4 million win
- Mt. Prospect man dies after fall
- AUTO SALES - sales Job Fair Auto Sales Start Your New Career! No Experience Needed! We Will Train You the Right Way to Sell Cars! The BOB ROHRMAN AUTO GROUP is not only the Midwest's #1 volume family-owned auto group we're also an industry leader in ethical sales. We're looking for 10 to 20 good men and women to join our staff of sales professionals. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for individuals with no previous experience selling automobiles to join a positive, family-oriented dealership that does things the RIGHT WAY! As a result of continued rapid growth, The Bob Rohrman Auto Group is currently hiring multiple sales consultants at multiple locations. If you are selected WE OFFER: FREE 3-day training class at Rohrman University $50,000 -$75,000+ annual earning potential! Full benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Etc. Career advancement opportunities to manage- ment A positive, family oriented work environment! A big advertiser with ex- cellent floor traffic, inven tory and a great reputation in the community! We require of our sale team: Professional appearance with good communication skills. If you are bilingual that is a real advantage. Must have integrity, with a positive attitude and a strong work ethic Willing to learn & be recep tive to new ideas You must be a team player We are a drug-free, equal opportunity employer Valid drivers license Interviews: Monday, May 20 -Noon to 4pm Tuesday, May 21 -10am to 4pm Interviews held at: ROHRMAN UNIVERSITY 1225 N. Plum Grove Rd. (On Plum Grove just North of Golf Rd.) Schaumburg, IL 60173 No appointment necessary but if you need to schedule a specific time contact: JR Rohrman firstname.lastname@example.org -1-269-591-2223 Please dress professionally for your interview! (id:4339972) JANITORIAL SUPERVISOR - Elgin Academy, a PS-12 school founded in 1839, is accepting applications for a Janitorial Supervisor. The school has 425 students and 9 buildings totaling 100,000 sq. feet. Strong candidates will have exp cleaning multiple buildings and demonstrated leadership skills. Position FT and includes benefits. Salary commensurate with exp. Elgin Academy is an equal opportunity employer and educational institution that fully and actively supports equal access for all. Candidates should send cover letter and resume electronically to: Gerald O'Keeffe, Director of Finance and Operations, email@example.com (id:4339066) ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - Employer Information: Professional membership association located in the northwestern suburbs with over 1200 members in the United States and Canada providing advanced continuing education services. Job Description: Professional membership association is seeking an organized, detailed oriented individual with excellent customer service skills to join our staff as an Administrative Assistant (AA) to provide support. Specifically, the AA will handle incoming calls and emails on events and membership; all inquiries involving membership; maintain membership files; compile and provide membership reports; process new member applications and dues payments; maintain office supplies; maintain and schedule multiple conference calls; write a variety of correspondence; assist with CE registration processing and related accounts receivables; coordinate publicity for a variety CE events, and various other support-office related duties as assigned. Candidate must be able and willing to do limited travel. This position reports to the IT Manager-Registrar. No calls or walk-ins. Requirements: The ideal candidate will have at least three years of solid administrative experience and at the minimum a two-year accredited Associate's degree or equivalent work experience; good decision making and problem solving skills especially under time constraints; the ability to successfully manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously; be proficient in Microsoft Office-Word, Excel, and Power Point; have the ability to initiate work and follow through with minimal supervision. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential. Candidate must be able to comfortably lift and carry 30 pounds. The position is also expected to work doing a variety of other office associated jobs as necessary. Candidate is expected to take a writing-computer proficiency test before hire. We offer an attractive benefits package. (id:4337756)
- CUSTODIAN - The Arlington Heights Park District (IL) seeks a FT Custodian to work nights to perform routine and non-routine cleaning, maintenance, & repairs in the upkeep of our Administration Center. Hours are Monday through Friday, 4 pm -12:30 am with modified shifts and OT as needed. The full job requirements and our online application are available at: www.ahpd.org/jobs Closing date: 5/20/13 (id:4339358) OFFICE MANAGER - Office -Small business in South Elgin seeking a reliable part time Office Manager to perform bookkeeping functions and general office duties. QuickBooks and Excel experience REQUIRED. The candidate must be able to work independently, multitask, deal with customers and accept challenges. Please submit your resume and compensation requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4340163) DRIVER - CDL A Intermodal drivers wanted(Owner Operator/Com- pany Drivers) for Midwest area. Minimum 2 years of experience with clean record. Tel 630.595.5410 (id:4340139)
- ELECTRICAL TECHNICIAN INDUSTRIAL MACHIN - O'Hare area heavy machine manufacturer seeks an experienced electrical technician for panel building and machine wiring, machine testing, and trouble-shooting electrical and PLC circuits. Must be computer savy and able to read schematics. Knowledge of hydraulics a plus. This is a full-time position. (id:4339928) PROFESSIONAL DRIVER - Seeking professional driver with a CDL class B license with passenger endorsement. Located near O'Hare airport. Please call us at (708)583-2280 (id:4340335) CUSTOMER SERVICE REP - Customer Service Rep -NW Chicago Sub Fastener Co. needs exper. Rep with good PC and phone skills. Mult- tasking a must. Email re- sume to email@example.com (id:4340536)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.
Powered by Local.com