Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Community Theater
Improv performs classic Dracula: Oct 26, 2014 5:38 PM
Improv Playhouse will perform the Bram Stoker classic novel Dracula as a staged radio drama using the original 1938 Orson Welles’ script on Saturday, Nov. 1 at 735 N. Milwaukee Ave., Libertyville.
Village Theatre Guild to stage ‘Grace & Glorie’ Sep 30, 2014 8:47 AM
Glen Ellyn’s Village Theatre Guild will present the comedy/drama “Grace & Glorie” weekends, Oct. 17 to Nov. 8, at its stage near the northwest corner of Park Boulevard and Butterfield Road in Glen Ellyn.
Batavia play focuses on Mary Todd Lincoln’s life after the White House Sep 27, 2014 8:01 AM
The life of Mary Todd Lincoln, widow of President Abraham Lincoln, is the subject of an original work by Batavia playwright Donna Latham. “The Haunted Widow Lincoln" will be presented by the Batavia Arts Council on Oct. 10, 11 and 12 at The Holmstad, 700 W. Fabyan Parkway, Batavia.
Libertyville’s Encore Theatre prepares for its final season after 17 years Sep 3, 2014 11:12 AM
When the Encore Theatre's 16th season came to a close, Director Bob Silton had some news for the local youths who bring several shows to the stage each year. At the cast party for the final show, "Shrek: The Musical," Silton revealed that the upcoming 2014-15 season will be Encore's last. "It went completely dead quiet," Silton said. "There were a lot of tears."
‘Shrek the Musical’ comes to ECC Sep 1, 2014 1:01 AM
Everyone’s favorite upside-down fairy tale comes to Elgin in September when the Fox Valley Theatre Company presents “Shrek the Musical,” a song-and dance-filled stage adaptation of the award-winning animated film. Performances will be at the Blizzard Theatre at Elgin Community College.
Wheaton’s Shakespeare in the Park to feature ‘Love’s Labour’s Lost’ Aug 25, 2014 9:00 AM
Theater under the summer night sky returns to Wheaton’s Memorial Park with Shakespeare in the Park’s performance of “Love’s Labour’s Lost.” Wheaton Park District and Wheaton College’s Arena Theater have teamed up to present the light tale about attraction, mistaken identities and love on Friday and Saturday, Aug. 29 and 30. The partnership began last year with the intention of bringing Shakespeare in the Park to Wheaton for years to come.
Learning and teaching Shakespearean-style acting Aug 18, 2014 2:17 PM
Sean Hargadon, founder and director of Elgin-based Janus Theater Company, has always stressed the importance of education and development. Now, Hargadon said, he plans to bring forth a new method for aspiring actors to learn the works of William Shakespeare. Hargadon recently returned from Stratford-upon-Avon, Shakespeare's birthplace, where he spent a week in an intensive workshop learning Royal Shakespeare Company acting techniques.
Baseball stories star in seventh Walkabout: Theater on Your Feet Aug 5, 2014 3:00 PM
Janus Theater Company will load the bases when it presents this year’s Walkabout: Theater on Your Feet. The theme for this year’s event will be about America’s national pastime. “Walkabout 2014: Bases Loaded” will run in downtown Elgin Friday through Sunday, Aug. 8-10.
‘Crazy for You’ coming to Palatine next 2 weekends Aug 4, 2014 1:32 PM
One year after the driving force behind the Fremont Street Theater Company, Elroy Sandquist, passed away, his cast and crew are remaining true to their promise: The show must go on! "Sandy and I always loved the old classic musicals, with lots of singing and dancing, and this one ("Crazy for You") fits the bill beautifully,” says Colleen Sandquist, who took over after her husband’s passing.
Shakespeare coming to Wheaton’s Memorial Park Aug 1, 2014 1:29 PM
Theater under the summer sky returns to Wheaton’s Memorial Park with Shakespeare in the Park on Aug. 29 and 30. A partnership has been forged between Wheaton Park District and Wheaton College’s Arena Theater to present Shakespeare’s “Love’s Labour’s Lost.”
Shakespeare play coming to Ryerson Woods Jul 30, 2014 2:47 PM
Shakespeare aficionados and neophytes can relax among the lush vegetation and the sound of crickets at Ryerson Woods in Riverwoods 6:30 p.m. Friday-Sunday, Aug. 1-3, when Citadel Theatre performs “A Midsummer Night’s Dream.” It’s the first time outdoor theater has been tried at Ryerson Woods.
Ryerson Woods to host outdoor performance of ‘A Midsummer Night’s Dream’ Jul 21, 2014 11:16 AM
Shakespeare aficionados and neophytes alike can relax among the lush vegetation and sound of crickets at Ryerson Woods in Riverwoods, on Aug. 1, 2 and 3 when Citadel Theatre performs “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” outdoors.
Theater performances come to Lake Zurich High School Jul 18, 2014 12:48 PM
Cricket Theatre Company presents "Once Upon a Mattress" Thursday, July 24, and Friday, July 25, and "Legally Blonde" Saturday, July 26, and Sunday, July 27. All performances are at the Lake Zurich High School Performing Arts Center, 300 Church St., Lake Zurich.
“Shrek, The Musical” now playing in Buffalo Grove Jul 17, 2014 4:36 PM
The Buffalo Grove Park District’s theater company, Big Deal Productions, will perform its summer musical, “Shrek The Musical,” this weekend and next as the opening show in the new state-of-the-art theater inside the Buffalo Grove Community Arts Center.
Outdoor Shakespeare show geared toward all ages Jul 16, 2014 3:20 PM
What happens when fairies get involved in a complicated love triangle? Comedy and confusion result in “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” on Saturday, July 19, at Geneva’s Shakespeare in the Park. Performed by the Midsummer Shakespeare Troupe, the free, family-friendly event takes place in a Ravinia-like setting on Island Park.
Fox Valley Park District troupe to stage ‘Hairspray’ Jul 16, 2014 3:13 PM
Everything about “Hairspray” is big. The powerful, soul-stirring music. The spectacular sets. The dazzlingly colorful costumes. The bouffant hairdos. The production will have a huge presence this weekend, as the Fox Valley Park District’s Summer Stage presents “Hairspray” for four shows — Friday, July 18 through Sunday, July 20 — at West Aurora High School.
Man files ADA complaint against Fox Valley Repertory Jul 3, 2014 7:57 PM
A Schaumburg man has filed a complaint with the U.S. Department of Justice alleging his 90-year-old father was discriminated against while attending a recent performance at the Fox Valley Repertory. The complaint says the theater does not meet requirements under the Americans with Disabilities Act to accommodate low-mobility seniors with vision problems.
Church to perform ‘Jericho: The Musical’ Jun 14, 2014 12:30 AM
The Biblical story of Joshua and the Battle of Jericho are retold in a compelling format, “Jericho: The Musical,” to be performed Sunday, June 15 by the Chancel Choir of Christ Church, United Church of Christ in Des Plaines. The 35-minute musical is taken from the Book of Joshua and employs a choir, several soloists, two narrators and piano accompaniment.
Neil Simon’s ‘Brighton Beach Memoirs’ comes to Elgin Jun 11, 2014 5:01 AM
Eric Faler is a 17-year-old high school graduate. He shaves his face. He is old enough to drive. He will be heading off to college in the fall. But starting Friday, June 13, Faler will revert to his 15-year-old self to play Eugene Jerome in the Elgin Theatre Company’s production of “Brighton Beach Memoirs.”
Carmel student wins performing arts scholarship Jun 4, 2014 1:50 PM
Kirk Players, the Mundelein-based community service theater, has announced the recipient of its 2014 John W. Lynn Performing Arts Scholarship is William Higgins of Carmel Catholic High School in Mundelein.
- Rozner: Cubs' pursuit of Maddon strictly business
- Consider a dose of caffeine before you 'Go to Sleep'
- Village is violating state law, attorney general says
- Imrem: Rose, Bulls pass all tests in opener
- No school in Waukegan Thursday
- Waukegan school district, teachers reach tentative deal
- Yunker's goal sends Batavia past Benet
- 1,700 pounds of marijuana recovered from Elk Grove warehouse
- Teacher uses N-word in Carol Stream classroom
- Bulls' strategy a success in season opener
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets R-B again
- Des Plaines complex could have 11 tall towers
- Brainerd Building demolition could start Monday
- Suburban police no longer feel 'helpless' against heroin
- Editorial: Carpentersville's unconscionable refusal to explain
- Townhouses could displace Des Plaines church
- NURSING INSTRUCTORS - Nursing NURSING CLINICAL INSTRUCTORS, ADJUNCT: SPRING 2015 MORTON COLLEGE has the distinction of being the second oldest comprehensive community college in Illinois. Our pioneering spirit helped establish the learning community and continues today as a Hispanic Serving Institution. We currently are seeking: Adjunct Faculty for Associate Degree Nursing Program: SPRING 2015 SEMESTER Current opportunities exist for: Clinical Instructors: Pediatrics & Mental Health Clinical Rotations Requirements include: Master's degree in Nursing; current Illinois RN licensure; 2 years clinical experience in a variety of settings. Morton College's Mission: To enhance the quality of life of our diverse community through exemplary teaching and learning opportunities, community service, and life-long learning. For more information and to apply for this position, go to: careers.morton.edu MORTON COLLEGE (id:4389470) CAREGIVER/CNA - Flexible hours and positions. Assisitng Hands 630-305-9100 (id:4388613) COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4389252)
- OFFICE - Amvets seeks person for flex-ible hrs in N & NW suburbs Call from home. Call Diane at 815-609-1852 between 9a-noon for more information (id:4389737) NURSING INSTRUCTORS - Education MORTON COLLEGE, seeks ADJUNCT NURSING ASSISTANT INSTRUCTORS, for Spring 2015. For more info., see our ad under "Nursing" EOE (id:4389469) AUTO SALES - Auto AUTO SALES -HIRING FAIR - Start Your New Career...No Experience Needed...We Will Train You the Right Way to Sell Cars! The BOB ROHRMAN AUTO GROUP is not only the Midwest's #1 volume family-owned auto group, we're also an industry leader in ethical sales. We're looking for 10 to 20 good men & women to join our staff of sales professionals. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a positive, family-oriented dealership that does things the RIGHT WAY! As a result of continued rapid growth, The Bob Rohrman Auto Group is currently hiring multiple sales consultants at multiple locations. If you are selected WE OFFER: FREE 3-day training class at Rohrman University $50,000 -$75,000+ annual earning potential! Full benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Etc. Career advancement op- portunities to management Excellent floor traffic, in- ventory & a great reputa- tion in the community! We require of our sale team: Professional appearance with good communication skills. If you are bilingual that is a real advantage. Must have integrity, with a positive attitude & a strong work ethic Willing to learn & be recep- tive to new ideas You must be a team player We are a drug-free, equal opportunity employer Valid drivers license Interviews: Tuesday, October 28 - 3pm to 7pm Interviews held at: -ARLINGTON NISSAN 1100 West Dundee Road, Arlington Heights, IL -Just east of Route 53 on Dundee Road. No appointment necessary but if you need to schedule a specific time contact: JR Rohrman firstname.lastname@example.org -1-269-591-2223 -Please dress professionally for your interview (id:4389512)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.