Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Commercial Real Estate
St. Charles boasts iconic riverfront buildings, beautiful viewsApr 18, 2014 12:00 AM
More than a decade ago, a group of residents with a passion for the Fox River joined with St. Charles officials to create a master plan that would transform the city from a place by a river into a place where people flock to enjoy the river. But today, when residents associated with that plan talk about it, their voices are laced with frustration.
Mount Prospect pizza place expandingApr 18, 2014 12:00 AM
Crave Pizza, 106 E. Northwest Hwy., has acquired the space formerly occupied by Anna’s Alure salon, allowing the business to expand from 1,600 to 2,500 square feet. With the new space, Crave will be able not only to continue to offer casual family pizzeria dining with carryout on one side, but also introduce a lounge with a sports entertainment component on the other side. “It is still going to be an awesome family place,” owner Rafael Dickson said.
New chocolate shop opens, more business coming to downtown WheatonApr 17, 2014 12:00 AM
A new chocolate and ice cream shop opened Saturday in downtown Wheaton, and at least four new businesses will be moving in on the surrounding streets in the coming months, says Downtown Wheaton Association Executive Director Paula Barrington. Kilwins Chocolate and Ice Cream Shop opened Saturday at 100 N. Hale St. In addition, a Subway and educational toy store are expected to open on Front Street and a yoga studio and pizzeria are moving in on Liberty Drive.
Bartlett to study downtown revelopment proposalApr 16, 2014 12:00 AM
Bartlett plans to hire a consultant to study whether the village can establish another tax increment financing district downtown. The last TIF district raised $20 million over more than two decades towards improvements to the downtown, but officials say there's still work to be done in the area.
Developer withdraws plan to buy Batavia buildingApr 16, 2014 12:00 AM
A proposal to take the Thomle Building off the City of Batavia's hands has fallen through. The would-be owners wanted to combine the riverside building with the one next door, but couldn't reach an agreement with the owner of that building, according to City Administrator Bill McGrath.
Bloomingdale gun range plan rejected by panelApr 16, 2014 12:00 AM
A controversial plan to bring a shooting sports facility to Bloomingdale has suffered a setback. The village's plan commission voted 5-1 to recommend denial of the request by Julian Perez to convert a vacant building at 7 N. Circle Ave. into a facility that would have two pistol ranges, a rifle range and a private range. “I just cannot in my heart see that happening on that block so close to those homeowners,” one plan commissioner said.
Walmart grocery coming to Des Plaines, but plans dropped for Rolling Meadows storeApr 12, 2014 12:00 AM
One Walmart Neighborhood Market grocery store is coming to the Northwest suburbs while another is off the table. The first such store will open later this summer in Des Plaines, while a second store in Rolling Meadows is no longer being pursued by Walmart, company officials said Friday. “We’re open to Walmart and their Neighborhood Store concept," Rolling Meadows Mayor Tom Rooney said. "It’s just this particular site didn’t seem to fit."
New gas station to open in Des PlainesApr 11, 2014 12:00 AM
A new gas station is reopening where an old one closed in Des Plaines, at 680 N. Wolf Road.
Duchossois spends about $18m on 4 Oak Brook buildingsApr 11, 2014 12:00 AM
Duchossois Real Estate LLC has purchased four buildings in Oak Brook to as develop corporate office space. Duchossois finalized two transactions on March 31. One deal includes three buildings on Windsor Road for a total of about $10.2 million. The second deal is the former Follett building on Swift Road purchased for about $7.7 million. Follett, a college bookstore and an online educational firm, has moved to Westchester.
Boy Scout recruitment site coming to WoodfieldApr 11, 2014 12:00 AM
The Boy Scouts of America is setting up shop on the busiest street it can find — Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg. A recruitment center — the Boy Scouts of America Discovery Outpost — will open May 31 by the play area in the center of the mall, where all five councils serving the Chicago area hope to find new Scouts among the mall's estimated annual crowd of 28 million.
Rentals, mixed-use projects revive old suburban locationsApr 11, 2014 12:00 AM
Redevelopment efforts across the nation are focusing on vacant and underused properties in suburban areas, and one Naperville company is putting the strategy to work with developments in Algonquin, North Aurora, Naperville and Lisle. “We look for areas that are extraordinary locations, but perhaps are obsolete,” said Nick Ryan, CEO of Marquette Companies.
Closed Mount Prospect banquet hall has new ownerApr 11, 2014 12:00 AM
Bristol Court banquets, a well-known celebration spot in Mount Prospect that closed abruptly last month, has a new owner, according to village officials. Monty’s Elegant Banquets of Bensenville has acquired the building at 828 E. Rand Road and will open a new banquet hall there called Bristol Palace, Mount Prospect Community Development Director Bill Cooney said.
DuPage Medical Group building opens Monday in WheatonApr 11, 2014 12:00 AM
A new DuPage Medical Group building is set to open Monday in downtown Wheaton. The 40,000-square-foot facility at 150 E. Willow Ave will offer family medicine, internal medicine and obstetrics and gynecology, a physical and occupational therapy suite and a center for patients with chronic conditions. "It's a lot more convenient for (patients), whereas before, they had to go to multiple locations to get services," said Chief Operating Officer Dennis Fine.
Huntley could become distribution hub for Weber grillsApr 11, 2014 12:00 AM
Huntley could soon become the global headquarters for the distribution of Weber grills. Weber's proposed 757,120-square-foot distribution center would be located on roughly 90 of those acres — fronting the I-90 Tollway and Freeman Road, just east of the Huntley Outlet Center. “We are looking to cement our presence here in Huntley, and in Illinois,” said Dean Duffy, executive vice president for Weber-Stephen Products.
Buffalo Grove Mariano's is hiringApr 10, 2014 12:00 AM
Roundy's Inc., the parent company of Mariano's, will hold a career fair in Buffalo Grove on Saturday as it works to fill 425 positions. The job fair is 9 a.m.-3 p.m. at the new Mariano's, at 450 W. Half Day Road — a former Dominick's.
Forsythe building $130 million data center in Elk GroveApr 9, 2014 12:00 AM
Skokie-based Forsythe Technology is spending about $130 million to build a 221,000-square-foot data center at Touhy Avenue and Busse Road in Elk Grove Village. Forsythe broke ground Wednesday and plans to have the building ready for occupancy early next year.
Granite City Brewery, hotel to neighbor WoodfieldApr 9, 2014 12:00 AM
Construction will begin this summer on a Granite City Food and Brewery restaurant and Hampton Inn and Suites hotel that will open side-by-side next year just west of Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg. The paired-up developments will take over the former site of American Hardware, 801 Plaza Drive, which will be demolished soon.
RTA funding Rosemont transit studyApr 8, 2014 12:00 AM
The Regional Transportation Authority board has approved a $250,000 study to improve access to Rosemont’s CTA Blue Line station and assess the potential for transit-oriented development on adjacent land. The funding is $200,000 in federal dollars and $50,000 from the RTA.
Rosemont hotel complex to reopen as 2 separate hotelsApr 8, 2014 12:00 AM
Owners of a shuttered hotel near the Allstate Arena in Rosemont hope to renovate and reopen it by this summer. But when the venue does reopen, it will actually be two hotels, officials say: a 200-room Hyatt Place Hotel and a separate “select service” hotel of between 180 and 200 rooms. “When we became involved with this project, we saw this as a wonderful market,” Superhost Vice President Samir Lakhany said.
Wheeling, other taxing bodies hope for accord on TIF districtApr 7, 2014 12:00 AM
While representatives of school districts and other taxing bodies questioned Wheeling's right to establish a tax increment financing district on the site of one it had recently closed, both sides expressed hope after Monday's village board meeting that an agreement can be reached.
- Paul Stanley on his love for another mask
- Blarney Island being raised above Chain flood levels
- Kayaker dies in accident on Fox River in Geneva
- Naperville teacher knows what makes students tick
- Geneva woman killed in motorcycle accident near Elgin
- Revisiting NYC's 1964 World's Fair, 50 years later
- Gurnee cops seek missing teen
- Lucky homeowners get landscaping makeovers
- Baseball: Saturday's results
- Thousands sign up to work for UberX, other ride-share services
- Naperville teacher knows what makes students tick
- Blarney Island being raised above Chain flood levels
- Gurnee cops seek missing teen
- Boy, 15, recovered from Crystal Lake pond is dead
- Renteria has message for his 4-11 Cubs
- Naperville officer drives squad car atop rock
- Study: Suburban schools could lose or gain if tax drops
- 30 horses escape stable near Wauconda
- Authorities file objections to some concealed carry permits
- Dist. 214 may drop out of national lunch plan
- ELECTRONIC ASSEMBLER - Assembler Northfield manufacturer seeks Electronic Assembler. Must have experience with hand soldering, circuit-board assembly, electronic production machines. Testing, calibration & inspection, and personal computer knowledge a plus. Must be able to read and speak English. $11 -$13/hr plus benefits. Please apply at: Bodine Electric Company 201 Northfield Road Northfield, IL 60093 Or email: Peosta.email@example.com www.bodine-electric.com (id:4371073) CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER - PROJECT MANAGER Bannockburn Design Build G.C. seeks Project Manager w/ min 5/8 years exper. in precast/office/warehouse construction. Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4371184) WAREHOUSE - Manufacturing / general labor, Melrose Pk location. Call Lou at 708-344-3333 x106 (id:4371139)
- SR. COMPUTER SYSTEMS ANALYST III - Sr. Computer Systems Analyst III Sarayu Consultants Inc currently has j/o's for Sr. Computer Systems Analyst III. Jobs loc in Schaumburg, IL & var unanticip locs t/o the US. Cnfr w/clts RE: nature of info procsng or computn needs a comp prog is to addr. Coord & link comp sys w/in an org to incr comptbty & share info. Tst, mntn & montr comp progs & sys, incldg coordg installtn of comp progs & sys. Tst, instll, cnfgr & mntn Oracle & SQL databs s/w, app s/w, & othr s/w reld to DBMS admin on Linux, Unix, & Windows pltfrms. Gthr biz reqmnts. Wrk on multi-dimnsnl databs & devz complx reprtng sys. Req exp w/ Informatica, Ab Initio, Oracle, SAS, & Teradata. Trvl/reloc to var unanticp locs t/o the US for var ST/LT asgnmnts at clt sites. Req: BS or frgn equiv in Comp Sci, Engg (any), or rel & 5 yrs of exp in the job/off or as a Comp S/W Profl. Also OK: MS or frgn equiv in Comp Sci, Engg (any), or rel & 3 yrs of exp in the job/off or as a Comp S/W Profl. Send res w/cvr ltr: Sarayu Consultants Inc 870 E Higgins Road Ste 143B Schaumburg IL 60173 Job 14SAR04 EOE (id:4370211) MANUFACTURING - Manufacturing/ Warehouse Staff Force JOB FAIR Saturday, April 26 9am-1pm 190 North Swift Rd, Addison 630-620-9800 Shipping Clerk (No Forklift) with computer skills $13/hr Stand Up Reach Forklift $12/hr Machine Operator $12/hr Material Handler $10/hr General Labor $9/hr (id:4371294) FIRE CHIEF - TAKE A CLOSER LOOK! Webster City, Iowa a North Central Iowa community of 8,000 is accepting applications for the position of Fire Chief. Visit our website at www.webstercity.com for details. E.O.E. (id:4370575)
- AUTOMOTIVE MANAGERS - Automotive Managers We have senior and middle management positions open in our fast-paced automotive service centers. These opportunities require high levels of enthusiasm, energy and respect for customers. Our specialties include both repair and maintenance and we service all makes and models of cars, SUV's and light trucks. Ideal candidate will have at least two years of sales, management or automotive experience. If you are serious about making more money, having a career path, owning your own business or just making a difference then we want to talk to you. -$60,000 -$125,000 Annual Income Opportunity -GUARANTEED WEEKLY BASE PAY PLUS... -AGGRESSIVE WEEKLY INCENTIVE PLAN -PROFIT SPLIT (FOR GM'S ONLY) -HOME OWNERSHIP/ED UCATION/BUSINESS OWNERSHIP ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS -Five day workweek (never on Sunday) -Two to three weeks' vacation per year -Medical Insurance and 401K -Paid management and technical training. Personal interviews are available at our office in St. Charles, most Mondays, 10 am -12 pm, & Thursdays, 2 pm -4 pm. Call (630)-513-8200 to schedule, OR send a brief e-mail to KDegler@Merlins.com describing your skills, employment background, and goals. (id:4371327) LUBE & TIRE TECH - Auto Lube & Tire tech needed, Benefits. Apply in person. Ernie's 909 S. Milwaukee Ave. Vernon Hills, IL (id:4371322) ORTHODONTIC ASSISTANT - Dental F/T, Exp. Ortho dontic Asst. for friendly, busy office. Cheerful attitude a must Exp. pref'd but not req'd. M, T, Th, F 8-5; Sat 7:30-12:30. 847-255-3020; Fax 847-255-3036 (id:4371197)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.