Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Chinwah, Larissa
U-46 teacher gets special recognition from Chicago Bears Oct 22, 2012 2:18 PM
Gloria Helin goes the extra mile to make sure students in her fourth-grade dual language class at Channing Elementary School have everything they need to learn. She often iis the first one at school in the morning and one of the last ones to leave. And she often buys supplies out of her own pocket. Tonight, Helin is expected to be among 16 teachers from across Illinois to be recognized as Heroes in the Classroom at the NFL game between the Chicago Bears and Detroit Lions.
ECC’s Latino Heritage Month kicks off Sep 11, 2012 2:04 PM
The community is invited to celebrate Latino Heritage Month at Elgin Community College from Sept. 14 through Oct. 16, which recognizes contributions made by Latinos while creating a respectful dialogue about important issues that affect the Latino population.
D300 teacher remembered for her laugh, poise Sep 2, 2012 6:00 AM
Westfield Community School teacher Amy Calinski lost her battle with breast cancer in August. Her friends and relatives remember a passionate teacher who loved to laugh and had a great rapport with students. "She wanted to make a difference in her students' lives," her husband, Dave Calinski, said.
Changes coming to ECC campus Aug 16, 2012 2:36 PM
If you return to Elgin Community College this fall and can't find the SRC or the IBC, don't fret. The college is in the process of changing building and parking lot names, as well as some of the classroom numbers across campus.
Parents: Add vaccines to your back-to-school list Aug 7, 2012 11:35 AM
Parents, don't forget to ask your health care provider if your child needs updated immunizations. All school-aged children in Illinois must now have the diptheria, tetanus, and pertussis vacination before school begins later this month.
Kickoff event Wednesday for new arts center Jun 12, 2012 3:00 PM
Organizers of the Fox Performing Arts Center will hold a kickoff event at 6 p.m. Wednesday, June 13, at Otto Engineering, 11 W. Main St., Carpentersville. The Fox Performing Arts Center is planned as a re-purposing of the former Ace Hardware building in West Dundee.
Liberty fourth-grader’s artwork on display at aviation museum May 30, 2012 11:54 AM
An avid aviation fan from Liberty Elementary School in Community Unit District 300 has some of his artwork on display in a museum. Joey Hill, who just finished the fourth grade, has some of his drawings on display at the Future of Flight and Aviation Center and Boeing Tour near Seattle, Wash. His mother, Tami Hill, had sent the pictures to Boeing.
Leggee students tackle music from the movies May 11, 2012 12:21 PM
Leggee Elementary School fifth-graders will perform the music of some classic movies in a concert Wednesday, May 16. The concert is free and open to the public.
Awards and accolades for ECC staff, students May 8, 2012 11:10 AM
Faculty and students at Elgin Community College have been raking in the hardware in the past few months. From students receiving valuable scholarships to faculty members being recognized for their dedication to teaching and leadership, Elgin Community College has received a number of honors.
Three from Dist. 300 nominated for Educator of the Year awards Apr 17, 2012 11:49 AM
This years Kane County Regional Office of Education annual educator of the year awards include three staff members from Community Unit District 300. The award honors the best of the best in six categories: elementary, middle school and high school teacher, administrator, special educator, and support staff.
District 158 foundation awards grants to teachers Apr 4, 2012 2:44 PM
Teachers at schools across Huntley Unit District 158 were recently presented with bouquets of balloons and big checks from the District 158 Education Foundation, which supports all kinds of programs across the district.
Larkin varsity poms takes first-place trophy Mar 11, 2012 9:47 AM
For the first time in the history of Larkin High School in Elgin, the schools varsity poms team has finished in the top three of a state competition. That includes first place in the Class 3A open dance contest of the Team Dance Illinois State Championships held last weekend in Peoria.
Eastview students raise funds for sick classmate Mar 2, 2012 9:48 AM
More than 100 students from Eastview Middle School in Bartlett attended a fundraiser for Logan Williams, 12, a classmate who was diagnosed with cancer on Christmas Eve last year. The fundraiser, which was held Feb. 12 at the Bella Vita Salon in Streamwood, raised more than $3,500 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society at Children’s Memorial Hospital in Chicago.
Donate used books for needy students in Dist. 300 Feb 24, 2012 2:53 PM
Do you have gently used books that are taking up space on your bookshelves or in the attic? The Westfield Community School Parent Teacher Organization and the Jacobs High School Rotary Interact Club are collecting books to donate to needy classrooms across the district.
Black History Month kicks off at ECC Feb 3, 2012 12:16 PM
From dance troupes to trivia challenges, Elgin Community College will host a number of events to educate and entertain as part of its Black History Month celebrations. All events are free and open to the public. More information is available from the Student Life Office.
ECC names new human resource officer Jan 27, 2012 12:46 AM
A former instructor at Elgin Community College has returned to the campus seven years later to become the college's new chief human resource officer. Janelle Crowley, who was an adjunct instructor at ECC from 2000 to 2005, began her new role in early January. In a news release from ECC, Crowley called the college a “jewel and an asset for the community.”
Grand opening of new learning center at ECC Jan 20, 2012 2:39 PM
The new Academic Library and Learning Center at Elgin Community College is already open to students, but the public is invited to a week in special events celebrating the grand opening. From Monday, Jan. 23 through Friday, Jan. 27, the college will host a plethora of events and activities.
Let your voice be heard in District 300 survey Jan 6, 2012 11:55 AM
Community Unit District 300 is inviting all stakeholders to participate in a strategic planning survey that the district will use to develop a shared vision for the local school district.
ECC receives award for serving the community Dec 15, 2011 2:57 PM
The Hanover Park Chamber of Commerce recently named Elgin Community College its Business of the Year. The announcement was made at the chamber’s awards dinner on Dec. 9. In giving the award, the chamber of commerce noted the college’s continued efforts in being involved with its community and providing educational opportunities for all residents.
Road improvements planned at ECC Nov 18, 2011 3:04 PM
A major road project connecting two thoroughfares on the campus of Elgin Community College is underway and should be completed by mid-December as long as the weather gods hold out.
- No more excuses
- Family, friends stunned by death of Libertyville grad
- Waukegan school district, teachers reach tentative deal
- 1,700 pounds of marijuana recovered from Elk Grove warehouse
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Google's big data to help Aauction.com predict homebuying
- 10 ideas -- from tame to terrifying -- for Halloween
- New brewery brings 'craft' to Naperville
- Early voting, mail voting setting new Cook County records
- 2 fire districts field 'emotionally charged' questions
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets R-B again
- Des Plaines complex could have 11 tall towers
- Brainerd Building demolition could start Monday
- Suburban police no longer feel 'helpless' against heroin
- Editorial: Carpentersville's unconscionable refusal to explain
- Townhouses could displace Des Plaines church
- Can one family save downtown Long Grove?
- Why did Marine from Elk Grove Village take his life?
- Sun-Times reporter quits over paper's handling of story
- A last chance to end 50-year Rt. 53 extension struggle
- Hinsdale district OKs new two-year contract
- How bad will our winter be? A caterpillar can tell you.
- Pumpkin seeds and carving take center stage at BatFest
- SECRETARIAL - SECRETARIAL /T-Arl. Hts. Knowledge of Microsoft Office. Type 60 wpm. Fax resume to 847-690-9883 or e-mail info@IllinoisSoccerRefereeCommittee.org (id:4389258) COMPUTER SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR - Computer -Network & Computer Systems Administrator, Provide Network/Server system support for all dept. Bachelor's in Comp. Sci., IT related. Min. 1yr. exp. in network & computer SA. Mail resume to HR Mgr, Nuwave, LLC. 1795 N. Butterfield Rd, Libertyville, IL 60048 (id:4389213) PATIENT COORDINATOR - HEALTHCARE We are looking for an experienced Patient Coordinator to handle the demands of the front office of fast paced surgical practice in NW suburbs. Candidate MUST have at least 3-5 years of medical office experience, a high-school diploma with 2 or more years of college education preferred. Experience with EMR necessary, eClinicalWorks knowledge a plus. Candidate must be professional, possess excellent customer service skills, able to handle multiple tasks effectively and calmly. Good computer skills a must. Commensurate salary, good location. Candidates please email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4388037)
- POWER UNIT BUILDER - Hydraulic lift manufacturer in St. Charles, Illinois has an immediate full time opening for a panel-power unit builder. Candidate must have extensive electrical, electronic and hydraulic experience to layout and build control panels and power units from Cad drawings, electrical schematics and hydraulic drawings. Candidate must be well versed in the use of hand and power tools as well as various multimeters and hydraulic valve test equipment. Send resume to fax# (630) 584-9895 Email:email@example.com (id:4389188) ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - Admin Assistant seeking PT admin asst in Libertyville area. Computer and cust. svc skills a must. Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389881) COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4389252)
- WAREHOUSE SIT DOWN FORKLIFT OPERATOR/ P - Warehouse Sit Down Forklift Operator-Picker-Packer requirements: and middot;1+ year RECENT Picking-Packing and-with Forklift Operation experience. and middot;ability to lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis and middot;good numerical matching skills and middot;strong attention to details and middot;reliable work ethics and middot;team spirit Pls send the resume to: email@example.com (id:4388989) MAINTENANCE - Maintenance -PT Live-in maintenance person for senior community in Mt. Prospect. Light repairs and janitorial work in exchange for 2 bedroom apartment and small salary. Empathy for seniors essential. firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 630.499.0156 (id:4389386) EXPERIENCED DRIVER - Elgin metal company is hiring experienced CDL Class A tractor trailer drivers. Local and regional work around Chicago and an 800 mile radius. $21-hr. Call: 847-214-2800 for address to submit job application. (id:4389901)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.