Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Chicago Christian High School
Daily Herald Prep Excellence award winners May 4, 2014 8:29 PM
The Daily Herald's Prep Sports Excellence event Sunday at the Sears Centre in Hoffman Estates provided a platform to recognize some amazing achievements from the finest high school athletes and coaches. Here are our winners in the categories of dazzling moment, overcoming obstacles, sportsmanship and spirit.
Images: Team Dance Illinois’ Grand Championship Mar 3, 2014 6:21 PM
Team Dance Illinois' Grand Championship was held Sunday, March 2 at the Peoria Civic Center. The event showcases Illinois’ best dance, pom, drill and guard teams competing throughout the event.
VanderBrug drops in 30 again Feb 25, 2014 11:57 PM
No matter how sluggish that in-between week may be, Timothy Christian’s boys basketball team still has Connor VanderBrug to lean on. Behind the senior forward’s third straight 30-point performance, the Trojans overcame a sleepy first half to eventually pull away in Tuesday’s 59-44 nonconference victory over Chicago Christian in Elmhurst.
St. Edward holds off Chicago Christian Feb 8, 2014 10:53 PM
With the snow falling and the temperature falling even more outside the gym at St. Edward, it felt like the middle of the boys basketball season rather than nearing the end. But with five games left in the regular season, the Green Wave are trying to turn around a recent trend of losing, starting with a win at home on Saturday night against Suburban Catholic Conference foe Chicago Christian, beating the Knights 58-49 in a game that was much closer at the end than the Green Wave would have liked.
St. Francis’ Ward earns 300th victory Feb 4, 2014 11:12 PM
St. Francis boys basketball coach Bob Ward earned his 300th win with a 54-39 victory over Chicago Christian on Tuesday in Wheaton. “I’m fortunate to get a chance to coach again,” Ward said of his three seasons at St. Francis. “I took 11 years off there and wasn’t sure if I was ever gonna come back as a head coach and I came back to a great school and really good kids. I will tell you this, as an assistant or a head coach, this is my fifth school and I’ve been at five great schools. I mean really, really good schools.”
Another big night for St. Edward’s Elam Oct 4, 2013 11:26 PM
It was home sweet homecoming for St. Edward Friday night. The Green Wave scored on every possession but one in the first half and rolled to a 53-6 Suburban Christian Blue win over Chicago Christian at Greg True Field in Elgin. The Wave rushed for 269 yards on the evening. Of those 269-yards, 228 of them belonged to DaVontae Elam, who became the first Green Wave running back to rush for more than 1,000 yards since 2003.
Scouting Week 6 in the Fox Valley Oct 3, 2013 11:02 PM
Scouting Week 5 football games in the Fox Valley.
Game video: St. Edward vs. Chicago Christian Oct 3, 2013 6:08 PM
St. Edward faces Chicago Christian in Week 6 action Friday. Follow the action here with video from High School Cube, then come back later for the replay and highlights.
Aurora Central Catholic runs past Chicago Christian Sep 20, 2013 11:24 PM
Aurora Central Catholic coach Brian Casey called his team’s first Friday night game of the year against Chicago Christian a trap game, and it didn’t take long for the Chargers to get caught off-guard. Knights quarterback Christian Bolhuis broke free down the left sideline for a 67-yard touchdown on the fourth play of the game, and the Chargers quickly found themselves in a 6-0 hole against a team they beat by 40 points last year.
Game video: Aurora Central Catholic vs. Chicago Christian Sep 19, 2013 5:42 PM
Aurora Central Catholic takes on Chicago Christian Friday in Week 4 action. Follow the game here with video from High School Cube, then come back later for the replay and highlights.
St. Francis puts it all together at Chicago Christian Sep 14, 2013 12:08 AM
St. Francis tuned up for perhaps its biggest game of the season with a dominant display of football against Chicago Christian on Friday. With a showdown against four-time defending state champ Montini looming next Friday, the Spartans rolled to an impressive 49-0 victory over the host Knights in Palos Heights. Quarterback Zach Prociuk led the way for St. Francis (3-0) with 35-yard touchdown passes to both Ryan Benton and Adam Hart. The junior also ran one in from 11 yards out.
Garza stellar in return, but Cubs' pen blows it May 21, 2013 11:14 PM
Matt Garza couldn't have asked for a better return to a major league mound after a 10-month layoff. Garza allowed one hit over five shutout innings in his first outing since July, but the Pittsburgh Pirates pounced on the bullpen for a 5-4 win over the Cubs on Tuesday night. B utTravis Snider hit a grand slam off of Shawn Camp after Hector Rondon and James Russell (1-1) had combined to load the bases in the sixth just as Garza was removed following his 82nd pitch. "The only disappointment for me is I didn't pitch longer," Garza said
Top moments in high school sports Apr 30, 2013 2:29 PM
High school athletes across the suburbs face off on basketball courts, football fields and baseball diamonds; they size each other up in tennis matches, around golf tees and across wrestling mats. The give it their all for their schools, their teams, their classmates and their coaches. The Daily Herald put together a video to honor athletes at our suburban high schools. Watch this feature to see some of the top moments in high school sports.
Wheaton Academy overcomes Chicago Christian Sep 24, 2011 1:12 AM
Drew Decker and Matt Lindsay connected for 2 touchdown passes as Wheaton Academy earned its first victory of the season, 41-14 against Chicago Christian in Wheaton.
Baseball/Fox Valley roundup Baseball/Fox Valley roundup May 9, 2011 10:42 PM
The Streamwood baseball team opened up a 7-1 lead and then hung on to beat Elgin 8-5 Monday and stay in first place in the Upstate Eight Conference River Division. Brandon Guilfoyle turned in a perfect 3-for-3 performance at the plate with a double and 2 RBI while Richie Gorski and Zack Bucher each recorded 2 hits to lead the Sabres (23-2, 17-2). Shaiquelle Hayes, Gage Teschner, and Jake Bartelt each recorded 2 hits apiece to lead the Maroons (2-21-1, 2-16-1). Bobby Post (3-0) earned the victory as he allowed just 4 hits in 5 innings of work. Eric Daly (0-5) suffered the loss. Cary-Grove 4, Huntley 1: John Spoelstra (5-2) pitched a gem as he scattered 5 hits and struck out 6 as he led the Trojans (17-7, 13-4) to a Fox Valley Conference victory over rival Huntley. Matt Panek recorded a double and 3 RBI while Alex Wians added the other RBI. The Red Raiders (19-3, 14-2) were led by Justin Gundlach who went 1-for-2 with a double and Jake Perkins who recorded Huntley’s lone RBI. Gundlach (6-1) suffered his first loss of the season as he gave up 4 hits in 4 innings pitched while striking out 4. Dundee-Crown 8, Crystal Lake Central 1: The Chargers (16-11, 13-6) rapped out 9 hits and overcame some defensive miscues to earn a Fox Valley Conference victory. Steve Schwartz (3 RBI), Jake Romano (double, RBI), and Dylan Kissack (2 hits, RBI) paced the Chargers offensively. Mike Lodi (4-2) earned the victory on the mound as he struck out 3 and allowed 5 hits in 6 innings of work. Bartlett 3, Neuqua Valley 2 (8 innings): Robert Smith laid down a perfect squeeze bunt to score pinch runner Brett Barger in the bottom of the eighth inning as the Hawks (9-14, 5-10) took advantage of 4 Wildcat miscues to pull off an upset Upstate Eight Conference upset. John Fleming (RBI), Tyler Farina (double), and Ryan Yore picked up the Hawks only 3 hits. Dan Gallanis threw 7 innings as he allowed 4 while striking out 8 to get the no decision. Dan Schlitter (1-2) earned his first victory of the season throwing a scoreless eighth inning. South Elgin 7, East Aurora 6: The Storm took an early 7-1 lead after 3 innings of play and held off a 5-run fourth inning, Tomcat rally as they earned an Upstate Eight Conference victory. Andrew Weedman went 3-for-3 with an RBI while Kenny Lowden and Ryan Ford recorded 2 hits and an RBI each. Michael Favia knocked in a team leading 2 runs for the Storm. Nathan Halas (1-0) earned the victory on the mound as he allowed 1 hit in 3 innings of work with 2 strikeouts while Andrew Perry picked up the save as he struck out 4 and allowed 1 hit in 2 innings of work. McHenry 5, Jacobs 0: The Golden Eagles (9-13, 7-8) were not only shut out, but they were no-hit by McHenry pitcher Joey Feilen (5-1) as they fell in Fox Valley Conference play. Henry Giegeous (2-3) suffered the tough luck loss. Wheaton Academy 3, Westminster Christian 1: The Warriors found themselves on the wrong end of a pitching duel as they could only managed just 1-hit in this nonconference loss at Elfstrom Stadium. Kevin Elder suffered the tough-luck loss as he threw a complete-game, striking out 12 and scattering just 4 hits. Tyler Greene recorded the Warriors only hit of the game while Will Woodhouse knocked in their only run.
Chicago Christian snaps St. Edward winning streak May 6, 2011 5:44 PM
St. Edward got the bats going early against Chicago Christian. The Green Wave struggled to sustain its success, however, as Knights pitcher Lindsay Norway allowed just 3 hits in the next 6 innings. Chicago Christian’s bats also got going as it rallied for 5 runs in the sixth inning to take a 7-4 Suburban Christian Conference Blue victory in Elgin, snapping St. Edward’s 9-game winning streak.
Images: Daily Herald prep photos of the week May 3, 2011 1:00 AM
Who’s competing Mar 6, 2011 6:46 AM
Who will be competing in the Team Dance Illinois championships on Sunday in Peoria.
Suburban high schools flock to TeamDance championships in Peoria Mar 6, 2011 7:48 PM
Poms, flag teams and dancers from more than 100 high schools throughout Illinois are converging on the Peoria Civic Center today for one of prep sports' most colorful state championships. But if you think “best in poms” means a traditional halftime routine, think again. Just the name of the sanctioning organization — TeamDance Illinois — reflects the trend. In all, more than 2,000 students will be competing, as they showcase the best dance, flag and poms routines from throughout the state.
Buzzer helps Lisle survive Dec 28, 2010 11:52 PM
Her team trailing by a point, Chicago Christian’s Becky DeRuiter swished a 3-point shot as the final buzzer blared, but Lisle’s Shelby Kretman knew better. Just 0.2 seconds showed on the game clock when Chicago Christian took the ball out of bounds under the Lions’ basket, not enough for DeRuiter to catch and shoot and beat the buzzer. The officials waved off the basket, and Lisle walked away with a 39-38 victory in the Lisle Holiday Cage Classic quarterfinals. “I was like, no good, no good,” Kretman said. “I got goose bumps. It was crazy.” “It would have been nice,” Chicago Christian coach Linda Stuursma added ruefully, though the referees had let her know during a timeout there wasn’t enough time to catch and shoot. Lisle (11-2) led most of the game, but the Lions couldn’t shake Chicago Christian (3-11). They pulled out to their biggest lead of the game at 37-29 midway through the fourth quarter on a Darian Payne basket, but the Knights scored the next 6 points. “We’re getting used to doing that,” Stuursma said. A Kelly Urban field goal with 46 seconds to play gave Lisle a 3-point cushion, which DeRuiter cut to 1 with a basket 26 seconds later. But that was the last Chicago Christian basket that counted. “That’s a very nice win for us,” Lisle coach Dan Murray said. “I thought we played very well.” The Lions advance to meet Westmont at 8 p.m. in today’s semifinals. “We couldn’t be happier about that,” Murray said. “We’re looking forward to tomorrow’s game.” Kretman led the Lions with 11 points, Darian Payne had 9 points and 11 rebounds and Nicole Urban had 9 points and 10 rebounds. DeRuiter led all scorers with 18 but wished it had been 21.
- Auto tech praised for rescuing biker in W. Dundee
- Seven charged in Naperville drug bust
- 20-year-old killed in Pingree Grove crash
- Tears, hugs over Grandma Sally's in Naperville
- Thibodeau waxes eloquent on all things Bulls
- Gasol, Mirotic ready to run with the Bulls
- Island Lake scrutinizing police promotions
- 3 Clearbrook staffers hurt in rollover bus crash
- Trade which Blackhawk to get under cap? GM's patient
- 8 things to do while it's 80 degrees and perfect
SOSEScript: generic_rss failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 101 position 3: Object required: 'rssXML'
- Berkshire Partners to buy Portillo's restaurants
- Delle Donne shares her struggles with Lyme disease
- 20-year-old killed in Pingree Grove crash
- Elgin man identified as crash victim
- Auto tech praised for rescuing biker in W. Dundee
- Manhunt over: Elgin Mental Health escapee caught
- COD, residents, faculty spar over spending, Breuder
- How Elgin cabbie helped end manhunt for escapee
- 'I prepared myself to die.' Survivors recall Flight 232 crash
- GOP may need more cash to win back legislative seats
- CDL A DRIVERS - Drivers Local City Drivers Home Daily! Competitive Compensation! Excellent benefits! Class A CDL, 2 yrs experience req. Knowledge of Chicago 6 County area (Interstate system/Truck Routes). The Custom Companies Inc., 317 W. Lake Street, Northlake, IL 60164. Email: email@example.com Fax: 708-615-8806 (id:4379907) RESEARCH RN - Neurology Office/Research RN Join our close team of experienced staff in a busy, well established Neurology practice. Full time positions in clinical care/research, IV experience desirable. Excellent benefits for long term candidates. Fax resume to (847) 770-6227 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4379695) FOODANDBEVERAGE OPERATIONS MANAGER - The Village of Glendale Heights seeks an energetic, experienced professional for the position of Food and Beverage Operations Manager for our public golf course. Glendale Lakes Golf Club is an 18-hole public golf course owned and operated by the Village of Glendale Heights. Centrally located between the north and south suburbs of Chicago and just 3 miles west of I-355, this Dick Nugent designed golf course challenges golfers of all skill levels. Glendale Lakes Golf Club also has a beautiful banquet facility that accommodates groups up to 250 people and hosts wedding receptions, golf outings, business meetings and other social events. The Food and Beverage Operations Manager works under the direct supervision of the Director of Golf Course Operations, and directly supervises waitstaff, bartenders, cooks, dishwashers, banquet coordinators, food and beverage clerks and other golf staff, as assigned. The Food and Beverage Operations Manager performs a variety of administrative, supervisory and professional duties in the Food and Beverage Division of the Glendale Lakes Golf Club. This position is responsible for all aspects of food ordering, handling and preparation at the Glendale Lakes Golf Club; controls costs of all food and beverage outlets by overseeing all purchasing of food, beverages, supplies and equipment; and estimating product and personnel levels. The Food and Beverage Operations Manager is responsible for managing all food and beverage staff by recruiting, selecting, hiring, training, assigning, scheduling, evaluating, supervising performance and carrying out disciplinary action, as needed. This position is responsible for ensuring a pleasant dining experience, and overseeing the creation of menus and menu pricing; maintaining customer satisfaction and employee productivity by handling customer inquiries, concerns or comments and providing solutions; acquiring feedback from customers and co-workers in order to ensure satisfaction and-or implement service improvement ideas; developing new concepts to ensure customer satisfaction and repeat business. The successful candidate will possess: and middot; 5 years of progressive responsibility in food and beverage industry required; and middot; 2 years of experience of personnel management, preferably in golf-hospitality-service industry required; and middot; Trade-vocational-degree in culinary or related field preferred; and middot; Experience in resolving customer issues-complaints as well as overall excellent customer service required; and middot; Proficient in computer software including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; and middot; Solid time management, organization and prioritization skills; and middot; Proven ability to effectively build and foster a team environment; and middot; Ability to make decisions in a fast paced environment; and middot; Bi-lingual-Spanish speaking a plus; and middot; An Illinois Food Service Sanitation Certificate and a valid Illinois State driver's license or ability to obtain one within three months from date of employment. Compensation and Benefits The salary range is $44,325 -$63,544, commensurate with qualifications and experience. The Village of Glendale Heights offers a generous health and dental benefits package to full-time employees. To learn more about Glendale Lakes Golf Club, visit http:www.glendalelakes.com-How to Apply Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, three (3) professional references and a Village of Glendale Heights application to: Village of Glendale Heights Attn: HR Division 300 Civic Center Plaza Glendale Heights, IL 60139 All job offers are conditional upon the satisfactory outcome of pre-employment drug testing and a complete background check. Employees are required to have their permanent residency within a 15-mile radius of the Village. Posted 6-27-14; applications being accepted until position is filled. An Equal Opportunity Employer. (id:4378622)
- SALES - HIGH VOLUME CONSTRUCTION CO IS NOW HIRING SALES PROF@60K TO START WITH RESIDUALS. OUR STRONG SYSTEM AND STRONG MANAGEMENT ASSURE SIX FIGURE INCOMES BY 2ND YEAR. WE ARE LOOKING FOR AMBITIOUS SALES REPS TO START IMMEDIATLEY. 847-540-7711 (id:4380286) ART INSTRUCTOR - Education MORTON COLLEGE has the distinction of being the second oldest comprehensive community college in Illinois. Our pioneering spirit helped establish the learning community and continues today as a Hispanic Serving Institution to serve Cicero, IL and the surrounding communities. We currently have the following position available: ART INSTRUCTOR TENURE TRACK/FULL-TIME FACULTY POSITION The seasoned faculty member we seek will be charged with teaching art history courses, fine arts courses, and related courses to a diverse student population. Participating on faculty committees and performing other duties related to teaching at a community college will also be involved. The successful candidate will be an experienced educator in the fine arts and related media, and a practicing artist with an active exhibit/professional record. Ideal candidate will engage in the critical discourse, both fine and digital art, and have a comprehensive understanding of the role of various art media in contemporary art practice, as well as trends in community college instruction. Qualified individual must have a Master's degree or Master of Fine Arts degree in Art, Digital Arts, or a closely related field, in addition to possessing 18 graduate credit hours in Art or closely related field. Excellent analytical, interpersonal, oral/written communication skills, as well as advanced PC proficiency. A strong record of professional accomplishment, as demonstrated through portfolio, is essential. College teaching experience in all levels of art history, fine arts, digital arts and related fields, as well as special expertise in relevant art and animation software is desirable. Morton College's Mission: To enhance the quality of life of our diverse community through exemplary teaching and learning opportunities, community service, and life-long learning. For more information and to apply for this position, go to www.morton.edu & click on Working@Morton. Download application, authorization release form, and send cover letter, resume, copy of transcripts (required upon hire), & salary history via e-mail to: HumanResources@morton.edu, fax: 708-656-0025, or mail to: HR Dept., Morton College, 3801 S. Central Ave., Cicero, IL 60804. EOE (id:4377717) CDL A DRIVER - Drivers CLASS A CDL OPEN HOUSES Monday, July 14th, 2 pm -8 pm Tuesday July 15th, 7 am -11 am Hilton Garden Inn 551 North Swift Road Addison, Illinois 60101 We're Looking For Experienced Drivers! BLACK HORSE CARRIERS is operating in the Elk Grove Village, Cicero, and Naperville areas and has just signed new business. We are looking for Class A CDL drivers. Avg 63k up to 70k per year. HOME DAILY, MON-FRI WORK WEEK, Night start times. Dedicated routes, Drivers will handle freight, Unattended Delivery. These are full time positions with full Benefits, 401K and paid vacation. If you have 3 yrs. Exp., Hazmat Endorsement or willing to obtain and a clean MVR, please join us at our open houses. Call (708) 374 7589 or email to email@example.com WITH CODE "ELK GROVE" if you can't attend. EOE. Drug Testing is a condition of employment. (id:4379681)
- HEALTH CARE - Our established office near Rockford / Belvidere area is seeking a full time or part time Dental Receptionist/ Dental Front Desk Person. Former customer service experience and computer skills preferred, bilingual Spanish a plus. We offer competitive salary, paid Holidays, paid vacation, X-mas bonus and there is a potential for cash bonus. We can train you if you are a self starter, highly motived, fast learner with an out-going personality. E-mail your resume to: Onesmiledentalpc@yahoo.com. "One smile at a time!" (id:4379531) CNA'S - CNAs part time wknds or full time on wknd-only program. Ask about our EXCITING new wknd incentives. Apply with Karina Negrete, Nursing Scheduler, at Lee Manor Healthcare, 1301 Lee St., Des Plaines, IL ph: 847-635-4000 fax: 847-827-5796 (id:4379906) WAREHOUSE/PARTS ROOM - We are looking for someone who is willing to drive a fork-lift to load-unload trucks in the warehouse. Must be able to lift and-or move heavy equipment when necessary. Other job requirements will be maintaining organization of the parts room, as well as handling deliveries of UPS in the warehouse. This job can be full-time or part-time depending on hour availability. Please call 847-545-1918 for more information. (id:4378219)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.