Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Carol Stream Park District
You can try adventure activities at Carol Stream’s JustPlay! festival May 15, 2013 12:00 AM
Maybe your dream adventure vacation would have you paddleboarding off a picturesque coast or kayaking an exotic river. Or you see yourself at a clinic with professional athletes or taking up a new game. Whatever you think you might like to try, you're likely to find it at the JustPlay! Sports and Recreation Festival running Saturday and Sunday, May 18 and 19, in Carol Stream.
Carol Stream Park District seeks sign approval May 14, 2013 12:00 AM
The Carol Stream Park District is seeking village zoning approvals to construct a 13-foot, 8-inch welcome sign in front of the new recreation center that is scheduled to open this summer. Parks officials are also seeking village permission to attach two acrylic placards onto an existing sign at the Town Center as a way to provide motorists on Lies Road with directional signage for the rec center. The requests come after the village and park boards were unable to come to an agreement about shared signage on the Town Center site at Gary Avenue and Lies Road.
Carol Stream mayor: Flood relief efforts will help May 8, 2013 12:00 AM
Carol Stream Village President Frank Saverino said Wednesday the stormwater management system set for construction in Armstrong Park might not solve all the village's flooding problems, but it will help. The stormwater project will consist of two above ground reservoirs on the south side of the park and a siphon that will release stormwater to a downstream point in Klein Creek. Construction could begin as early as this summer. And while it's intended to help ease flooding in the park and nearby neighborhood, it won't rid the area of flooding completely, Saverino said.
Carol Stream Park District to pursue own signs Feb 27, 2013 12:00 AM
The Carol Stream Park District is developing signs to put near its new recreation center after the village board said it didn’t want to share costs to alter existing signage on site. Parks officials will meet with Williams Architects early next week to discuss the design for possibly two signs — a large one in front of the building that fronts Gary Avenue, and a smaller one near the Lies Road entrance, officials said. That means there could be as many as four signs on the Town Center site.
Ferraro's name will stay on Carol Stream signs Feb 19, 2013 12:00 AM
Two existing identification signs at Carol Stream's Town Center that include the name of former Village President Ross Ferraro will be staying put. The village board voted 4-1 Tuesday to keep the signs as is, and not make any alterations as had been previously discussed with park district officials.
Is Carol Stream Library Board on verge of selling Kuhn Road property? Feb 18, 2013 12:00 AM
The sale of a 7½-acre site once intended for a new library in Carol Stream could be imminent. The Carol Stream Library Board is expected to discuss a potential sale of the property Wednesday during the closed session portion of its monthly board meeting, according to an agenda posted Monday.
Brenda Gramann: Candidate ProfileFeb 15, 2013 12:00 AM
Candidate information for Brenda Gramann, running for Carol Stream Park Board (4-year Terms)
Wynn Ullman: Candidate ProfileFeb 15, 2013 12:00 AM
Candidate information for Wynn Ullman, running for Carol Stream Park Board (4-year Terms)
Brian Sokolowski: Candidate ProfileFeb 15, 2013 12:00 AM
Candidate information for Brian Sokolowski, running for Carol Stream Park Board (4-year Terms)
Registered sex offender arrested at Carol Stream school Feb 14, 2013 12:00 AM
A registered sex offender was arrested in Carol Stream this week for attending children’s after-school activities with his girlfriend and her daughter, authorities said. Michael P. Infelise, 29, of the 1300 block of Terry Road in Glendale Heights, was arrested Wednesday at Heritage Lakes Elementary School and charged with one felony count of presence within a school zone by a sex offender.
Hanover Park apiary users can take beekeeping class Feb 13, 2013 12:00 AM
Anyone interested in keeping hives at the Hanover Park Community Apiary can sign up for a beginning beekeepers course from 7 to 9 p.m. Mondays starting Feb. 28 through April 1 at the Carol Stream Park District’s Simkus Recreation Center, 849 W. Lies Road.
Ex-Carol Stream mayor upset over sign name change Feb 13, 2013 12:00 AM
The longest-serving village president in Carol Stream history says he’s upset and disappointed about plans that would remove his name from signs at the Town Center he helped to create. Two existing signs on the 22-acre property at the corner of Gary Avenue and Lies Road say “Ross Ferraro Town Center,” but initial sketches from an architect hired by the village and park district to design changes to the signs proposes removal of Ferraro’s name. “I always believed when you dedicate something to a person, you do not undedicate it," Ferraro said.
Carol Stream parks, village bicker over sign costs Feb 8, 2013 12:00 AM
What’s your sign? In Carol Stream, ask village and park officials and they’ll say it could cost you $210,000 to find out. That’s the estimated maximum price to redo one identification sign at the Ross Ferraro Town Center, where the park district’s new recreation center is set to open this summer.
Carol Stream officials wowed by rec center progress Feb 3, 2013 12:00 AM
“Wow” was the word Saturday morning as Carol Stream park district and village officials toured the Fountain View Recreation Center under construction at Gary and Lies roads. Wows for the poo, the geothermal heating and cooling system and the fitness center facing a manicured park. And wows especially to see the facility — the park district's largest building project at $18 million and 90,846 square-feet — inching closer to completion.
Carol Stream could pay more for flood project Jan 25, 2013 12:00 AM
Carol Stream Park District may have to pay DuPage County more than expected for stormwater storage space at soon-to-be constructed flood reservoirs in Armstrong Park. But this week, DuPage County Stormwater Management Department Director Tony Charlton said it was unfair to say project costs have risen, since the first price estimate — which he labeled as $330,000 — was likely a placeholder that park district staff devised during the budgeting process.
Carol Stream nominates top volunteers Jan 15, 2013 12:00 AM
Eleven Carol Stream residents have been nominated by local service organizations as potential recipients of the village's Citizen of the Year awards to honor their volunteerism in 2012.
$1 million in upgrades on tap for Carol Stream parkJan 9, 2013 12:00 AM
Carol Stream Park District officials are planning roughly $1 million in improvements to recreational amenities at Armstrong Park, where a $5 million DuPage County stormwater management system will be built. Though improvements to the park have been planned as part of the district's voter-approved $37 million capital program, the plans have been put on hold awaiting design, permitting and other approvals for the county flood relief project.
Carol Stream kids make noise for early New Year Dec 29, 2012 12:00 AM
New Year's Eve always comes early for kids. On Saturday, kids ages one to five got to experience new year's festivities a full two-and-a-half days early during the Carol Stream Park District's Teenie Weenie New Year's Eve Ball at Smikus Recreation Center. "They don't seem to care" about the earlier date and time, said Suzanne Waghorne, recreation coordinator. "And it's fun to count down to noon."
Carol Stream pedestrian bridge to reopen soon Dec 21, 2012 12:00 AM
A 34-year-old pedestrian bridge connecting the Carol Stream Public Library with Armstrong Park is undergoing repairs and should be open after the new year, officials said. The bridge has been closed since March when a concrete slab fell off and into Klein Creek, which passes about five feet below.
Carol Stream transfers 16 acres to park district Nov 23, 2012 12:00 AM
Since the 1960s, the village of Carol Stream has owned a 16.38-acre parcel of land that separates the northern and southern portions of Armstrong Park owned by the Carol Stream Park District. But village officials say now is a good time to transfer the land to the park district so current recreational uses on the south side of the park that will be displaced by a $5 million county stormwater management project can be relocated.
- Mom upset over candy, movies at daughter's school
- Coldwater Creek stores to close
- Arlington Heights man sentenced for 6th DUI
- Huntley could become distribution hub for Weber grills
- Rentals, mixed-use projects revive suburban sites
- Chapa LaVia apologizes over racial comments
- Classmate of murder suspect wants to end confusion about names
- Dawn Patrol: 6 years for 6th DUI; good, bad news for Schaumburg dogs
- Help and tears follow story on veterinarian
- No Wing pool, new farm animals in Elgin this summer
- CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVES - FMS INVESTMENT CORPORTION Mark your calendars! FMS Investment Corporation (FMS), a subsidiary of CEANNATE Corp. is expanding its operations to 1100 West Lake Cook Rd, Buffalo Grove, IL 60089. With over 31,000 square feet, our Private Services Division is growing and looking to fill 250+ full time positions (entry level and management) in our new state of the art contact center. This is an opportunity to service the leading clients in the Student Loan Receivables industry. If you are looking for a exciting career opportunity and the potential to earn an unlimited income, APPLY NOW and come with your updated resume to our open house from Tuesday, April 8th through Thursday, April 10th between 8am-5pm. Applicants must have at least 2 years of customer service, collections, sales & marketing, or financial services experience and an Associate's Degree or higher. Applicants without an Associate's Degree may substitute relevant work experience. FMS offers competitive starting wages, benefits and an uncapped monthly incentive plan. Training classes are now beginning to form for April and May. For any questions contact us at 888-853-8148 OR apply online at www.ceannate.com/careers CEANNATE Corp. and its subsidiaries are an EOE (id:4370034) DENTAL ASSISTANT - Dental assist for Peds office in Palatine. Mon, Wed, Thur 8-5, every other Sat 8-12. Exp preferred (847)991-4663 (id:4370398) AUTOMOTIVE STORE MANAGERS/SERVICE WRITE - Cassidy Tire and Service seeks store managers and mechanics. Managers run stores selling tires, oil changes, brakes, suspension, wheel alignment service. Candidates should have a minimum of two years of big box retail experience. Mechanics perform oil changes, tires, batteries, suspension, front end work. All candidates should submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. (id:4369757)
- POLICE - Police Officer Testing Hampshire, IL Applications on-line at: Jobsource.copsandfiretesting.com Application Deadline: 05/01/2014 Testing Date: 05/17/2014 847-310-2677 (id:4368388) ILLINOIS WING ADMINISTRATOR - Works full-time independently to provide administrative and program support to the Civil Air Patrol Wing Commander. Maintains financial and personnel records to ensure Wing compliance with Headquarters' and government requirements. For qualifications and to apply, visit our website at www.gocivilairpatrol.com to complete and submit our required online employment application. This position does not offer a relocation package. In this position Civil Air Patrol offers a full benefit package. Salary: $36,491. Closing date: 13 April 2014. No phone calls please. EOE (id:4369829) MACHINE OPERATOR - MACHINE OPERATOR Steel Co in Addison has immed opening for exp CNC/Plasma Burning Machine & Waterjet Ops. or CNC exp. Use of measuring devices needed. Hiring day and night shifts, good pay & benefits. Call #630-627-2900, email: email@example.com or apply at 145 N. Swift Rd. Addison (id:4370645)
- DRIVERS - Petro Chemical Transport, a highway subsidiary of the Kenan Advantage Group, is now seeking Class A CDL Drivers out of Bensenville, IL. Come join our great family of drivers and be home daily! Company Drivers -Local, home daily positions -Competitive pay -Excellent benefits including: Medical, Dental, & Vision plans -Paid vacations & holidays -401K with company match -Paid training on safe driving & product handling -Newer and well-maintained equipment -Driver referral incentive pay -And so much more! Owner-Operators -Local, home daily positions -Competitive pay-Mileage or Percentage Contracts -Health Insurance plans available -100% of Billable Pump or Compressor Charge paid to Owner- Operator -Paid weekly -Driver referral incentive pay Independent contractors referring their own lease drivers are not eligible for referral payments -And so much more! We require Class A CDL, 2 years recent, verifiable tractor-trailer experience, Tank & Hazmat endorsements (or ability to obtain) and a safe driving record. We hope your driving career continues to be a long and a safe one. As you make decisions about your driving career, consider professional driving that fits your life with Petro Chemical Transport. 800-871-4581 -TheKag.com Kenan Advantage Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4369090) WAREHOUSE - Warehouse : : :Lots of Jobs! 12 Hour Day & Night Shifts Must have General Labor exp in a Warehouse. Up to $8.60/hr Hanover Park 630-620-9800 (id:4370012) AUTO BODY TECHNICIAN - AUTO BODY TECHNICIAN Immediate opening for an experienced body tech. Frame exp-I-CAR a plus. Other positions available. firstname.lastname@example.org. 847-823-9805 (id:4370494)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.