Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Carmel Catholic High School
Carmel can’t catch up to quick-starting St. Patrick Feb 6, 2015 11:06 PM
In the week leading up to Friday night’s East Suburban Catholic Conference matchup with visiting St. Patrick, Carmel boys basketball coach Zack Ryan emphasized the importance of a good start. The Shamrocks, however, had a similar game plan. And during the long rush-hour bus ride, senior Nicolas Coleman and his Shamrocks teammates had plenty of time to think about it. “Last year we had trouble starting fast,” Coleman said. “It’s something we have really focused on this year — getting started fast.” St. Patrick did start fast, much to the dismay of Ryan and the Corsairs. The Shamrocks jumped on Carmel 19-4 in the first quarter and stayed in control the whole way in an impressive 67-42 win in Mundelein on Friday night.
Archbishop Cupich leaves big impression on students, staff at Carmel Feb 6, 2015 5:30 AM
Chicago Archbishop Blase Cupich popped into several classrooms, lunched with students and even got into a “selfie” during Thursday's visit at Carmel Catholic High School in Mundelein.
Wrestling: Scouting regionals, Lake County Feb 5, 2015 4:37 PM
Here's a look toward this weekend's wrestling regional meets, from the perspective of teams in the North Suburban Conference plus Grayslake North, Grayslake Central and Carmel.
Warren’s Falish gets it right for senior year — and beyond Feb 5, 2015 4:25 PM
Warren guard Jake Falish was tortured last year when he decided not to play basketball so that he could spend more time working on baseball. He regretted his decision right away and struggled to watch his teammates play on without him last winter. He returned to the hardwood this season with modest expectations and instead has blown the roof off at Warren. He's the team's leading scorer (20 ppg) and is one of the top 3-point shooters in the area. Oh yeah, and he's going to play sports (yes, plural) in college, where he won't be forced to choose between baseball and basketball.
Vernon Hills solves Antioch Feb 4, 2015 10:53 PM
Kasey Firnbach scored 23 points and grabbed 5 rebounds, and Vernon Hills’ girls basketball team snapped host Antioch’s 21-game winning streak with a 68-43 win in North Suburban Prairie Division play Wednesday night.
Commanding performance from young Carmel Feb 4, 2015 11:09 PM
Carmel Catholic’s girls gymnastics team is growing up quickly. Despite their youth, the Corsairs won their 13th regional championship in a row Wednesday night, as they posted a 142.625 at Stevenson. The host Patriots finished second with a 134.425, followed by Libertyville (128.475) and Vernon Hills (107.45). Stevenson’s Elizabeth Shank won the all-around with 37.4, while Lake Zurich had its first gymnast competing in more than a decade, and freshman Emily McGuckin acquitted herself well. Carmel freshman Kelly Gustafson earned medals with a third on vault (9.15) and fourth on the floor (9.125). She also could qualify at-large in other events.
41st annual Street Scenes fundraiser coming to Carmel Catholic High School Feb 4, 2015 1:05 PM
Carmel Catholic High School is Mundelein is set to kick off its annual Street Scenes fundraiser, with this year’s theme “Carmel Street Scenes Celebrates Superheroes.” The 41st annual event is Friday and Saturday, Feb. 13 and 14.
Carmel edges Fremd in double OT Jan 31, 2015 11:08 PM
It was back-to-back games for both Carmel Catholic and Fremd on Saturday night, so neither team particularly wanted to play extra periods in nonconference boys basketball on Saturday night. Fans of basketball surely enjoyed their bonus serving of hoops, however. Carmel’s Shareif Bailey hit a floater in the final seconds of the second overtime to help the Corsairs to a 65-64 victory over Fremd in Mundelein.
Girls basketball / Lake County roundup Jan 31, 2015 11:10 PM
A day after clinching the North Suburban Lake Division championship and berth in the NSC title game, Stevenson’s girls basketball team faced Round Lake in a makeup game Saturday. The Patriots had no letdown, winning the conference crossover 66-30, as freshman Kiana Cencula scored a season-high 21 points.
Boys basketball / Lake County roundup Jan 31, 2015 12:18 AM
Mike Travlos scored 19 points and grabbed 5 rebounds, and Lake Zurich’s basketball team defeated host Grant 72-41 in a North Suburban Conference crossover Friday night.
Lakes taking visual approach to game-readiness Jan 29, 2015 11:12 PM
Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words. Videos work nicely, too. Instead of just telling all his seniors to play like they’re savoring every last moment of this dwindling basketball season, Lakes coach Chris Snyder decided to show them how others have done so. “We’ve been watching some inspirational movies, like ‘Hoop Dreams,’” Snyder said. “I liked it when we got to the part about William Gates’ last game. I wanted to give our seniors a sense of the season being over and what that feels like and just how you have to play like you’re cherishing every moment, because it will be over soon.”
Boys basketball / Lake County roundup Jan 23, 2015 11:48 PM
Sam Ruhlmann and Michael Benko scored 14 and 13 points, respectively, as Grayslake Central’s boys basketball team stayed hot with a 56-44 win over host Woodstock North in a Fox Valley Conference Fox Division game Friday night.
Stevenson gets a humbling national-level reminder Jan 22, 2015 9:47 PM
Top-ranked Stevenson is still unbeaten. In Illinois, that is. The only two losses for the state’s best team have come at the hands of top-notch, out-of-state competition, teams that are ranked nationally. Just like the Patriots (16-2). Stevenson’s most-recent loss, and its most lopsided loss of the Jalen Brunson era, was last weekend in the Spalding Hoophall Classic in Springfield, Mass. The Patriots lost to Findlay College Prep out of Nevada, 84-58. Findlay College Prep is the No. 1-ranked team in the USA Today Top 25 national high school poll.
Girls basketball / Lake County roundup Jan 20, 2015 11:11 PM
Kayley Larson scored 11 points, Quin Garbett added 10, and Grayslake Central’s girls basketball team knocked off visiting Grant 42-29 in nonconference girls basketball action Tuesday night.
Ultimately, Carmel Catholic able to finish off Streamwood Jan 19, 2015 7:14 PM
A lot of times this season Carmel Catholic’s boys basketball team has played well in spurts, but at times finishing games has been an issue. On Monday afternoon, Corsairs coach Zack Ryan left it to the boys to take care of business themselves. Carmel had control of the game against Streamwood but almost let the game out of their hands. Ultimately, the Corsairs got past Streamwood 75-68 in their final game of Lake Zurich’s MLK tournament.
Carmel overcomes slow start against Elgin Jan 17, 2015 6:37 PM
Clearly, some of the credit goes to Shareif Belser-Bailey. If Carmel’s junior guard had not made good on a 3-point play late in the first quarter on Saturday afternoon, the Corsairs’ boys basketball team would have been shut out for the entire quarter. Carmel missed 10 of 11 shots in the period in this matchup against Elgin at the 3rd annual Martin Luther King Classic held at Lake Zurich. However, there were plenty of reasons for this poor shooting. The Corsairs (8-10) had played Friday night at Marist, and got home late. Carmel also had already played host Lake Zurich on Saturday morning. OK — enough of the bad news for Carmel. The Corsairs outscored Elgin 24-6 in the fourth quarter, had three starters score 11 points and put away the Maroons 56-35.
Lake Zurich outduels Grayslake North at Palatine Jan 17, 2015 6:00 PM
They saved the best wrestling meet for last Saturday at the Palatine megaduals. Trailing Grayslake North 25-9 with six matches to go, Lake Zurich made a dramatic late comeback to capture an exciting 32-28 nonconference victory over the Knights and cap off a 3-0 day. The Bears (15-6) opened the day with a lopsided 54-15 victory over West Chicago (13-14), before posting a similar 57-18 win over short-handed St. Charles North (3-12) in the second round. Despite also being at less than full strength, Carmel (6-13) managed to go 2-1 on the day, as the Corsairs fell to Grayslake North (12-9) 48-24, before beating West Chicago 35-30 and nipping St. Charles North 27-26 on a forfeit victory in the last match.
Warren’s Basara on winning path Jan 17, 2015 6:57 PM
Emily Basara opted to join Warren’s girls gymnastics team, and she’ll eventually compete collegiately at Northern Illinois. On both levels, she’s following the lead of Warren graduate Kim Gotlund. And Basara is also achieving at a level similar to that of Gotlund, who finished high school as the state all-around champion. On Saturday, Basara hit a career-best in winning the all-around with a 38.20 and also had her best vault (9.87) at the Lake County meet held at Lake Forest High School.
Out-of-state setback for Stevenson Jan 17, 2015 11:42 PM
While Stevenson’s boys basketball team remains undefeated in games played in Illinois this season, the Patriots on Saturday suffered their second loss out of state this month. Playing in the prestigious Hoop Hall Classic at Blake Arena in Springfield, Mass., Stevenson lost to Findlay College Prep 84-58.
Grayslake North takes aim against Washington foes Jan 15, 2015 10:47 PM
Although there’s no scientific data as proof, there does seem to be anecdotal evidence that high school basketball in each area of Illinois is styled a bit differently. Just ask the Grayslake North boys basketball team. The Knights are preparing to return to downstate Washington High School this weekend as part of the annual Martin Luther King tournament there that they participated in last year. They are ready for what they weren’t quite ready for last time. “We couldn’t believe the shooting we saw there,” Grayslake North coach Todd Grunloh said. “It’s not like it is up here. Literally any kid who checks into the game down there can shoot from two to three feet outside the 3-point line and with great form."
- Griffin: Rauner plan could cost suburbs 25% of reserves
- Are you smarter than a third-grader? Take the PARCC practice test.
- Witness regrets not reporting knife in Naperville bar
- Teen sent to juvenile prison for killing half-sister
- Prosecutors: 'Marry me' text prompted Geneva murder
- New critical-thinking state tests cause angst
- Mayors: Really 3 things in Rauner budget hurt suburbs
- Centers of attention: GM Bowman strengthens Hawks in the middle
- Should Des Plaines pay alderman's legal bills?
- Crepes, roti come together at Bartlett's D^Licious
- Rauner targets unions in Lake County speech
- Jenny McCarthy to appear at Arcada Theatre
- Fremd's wait for state is over
- Winter weather advisory in effect until noon
- Arlington Hts. board formally opposes Rauner budget cuts
- Crystal Lake police seek despondent teen
- Focused Montini overcomes Antioch
- Boys basketball scoreboard: Monday's results
- Mayors: Really 3 things in Rauner budget hurt suburbs
- Congress sends Homeland bill to Obama
- George Kotsiopoulos talks 'Fashion Police' exit, new line
- Elgin lawmaker: Let people have up to 5 pot plants
- Ingleside man accused in drug-related death
- COD candidates don't want a Breuder building
- More students receiving special-ed services
- Endorsement: Burke, Hartogh, Morris for Island Lake Village Board
- Is 9/11 artifact headed to Wauconda?
- New critical-thinking state tests cause angst
- Chicago's winter delays Cubs plans? Who woulda thunk it? Imrem: xxx
- Griffin: Rauner plan could cost suburbs 25% of reserves
- REHAB CARE ASSISTANT - C.N.A - Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital in Wheaton is Now Hiring Full Time and Part Time Certified Nursing Assistants. To apply please visit our website at www.marianjoy.org. (id:4399722) MANUFACTURING - Manufacturing Medical device manufacturer has an opening for 1st & 2nd Shift Assembler, light assembly work, willing to train. Apply at: Corpak MedSystems 1001 Asbury Drive Buffalo Grove, IL 60089 -EOE (id:4399699) CLEANING - Cleaning New construction cleanup reliable transportation req'd. M-F, 7a-5p, North & South suburbs. Call 815-895-3009 (id:4399360)
- AUTO SALES - Auto AUTO SALES -HIRING EVENT - Start Your New Career...No Experience Needed...We Will Train You the Right Way to Sell Cars! The BOB ROHRMAN AUTO GROUP is not only the Midwest's #1 volume family-owned auto group, we're also an industry leader in ethical sales. We're looking for 10 to 20 good men & women to join our staff of sales professionals. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a positive, family-oriented dealership that does things the RIGHT WAY! As a result of continued rapid growth, The Bob Rohrman Auto Group is currently hiring multiple sales consultants at multiple locations. If you are selected WE OFFER: FREE 3-day training class at Rohrman University Our top sales associates made over $100,000 last yr. Full benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Etc. Career advancement op- portunities to management Excellent floor traffic, in- ventory & a great reputation in the community! We require of our sale team: Professional appearance with good communication skills. If you are bilingual that is a real advantage. Must have integrity, with a positive attitude & a strong work ethic Willing to learn & be recep- tive to new ideas You must be a team player We are a drug-free, equal opportunity employer Valid drivers license -INTERVIEWS: Monday, March 2nd 2015 3pm to 7pm INTERVIEWS HELD AT: -ROHRMAN UNIVERSITY 1225 N Plum Grove Rd -At the corner of Golf & Plum Grove Rd in Schaumburg -Across from Schaumburg Honda Automobiles No appointment necessary but if you need to schedule a specific time contact: JR Rohrman firstname.lastname@example.org -1-269-591-2223 -Please dress professionally for your interview (id:4399750) INVENTORY CONTROL ASSOCIATE - Complete cycle counting and reconciliation activities on schedule. Complete inventory transactions in a timely manner to maintain accurate inventory. Investigate and resolve piece part count discrepancies on jobs. May complete additional tasks such as parts picking, issuing, material transport, shipping, receiving, etc. as needed. Completes work on schedule and at required quality levels. Work closely and effectively with other departments to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the entire operation. Reports component, process, and-or product problems to Supervisor. Follows defined quality system documentation as required by ISO. Maintains a clean and safe working environment. Works with minimal supervision on assigned tasks. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor. Education-Experience-Qualifications: Minimum of 1 yr. experience in inventory control and warehouse environment a plus. Excellent attention to detail. Manual dexterity and visual acuity required to work with very small components email resume to email@example.com (id:4399062) PRODUCTION/WAREHOUSE - Franklin Pk -Reliable and hardworking person needed for an entry level position. Union pstn w-good benefits. Resume-job history to Fax 847-455-8837 or resume-submission@hotmail No Phone Calls! (id:4399514)
- FIREFIGHTER/PARAMEDIC - Beginning February 6, 2015, the Winfield Fire Protection District will be accepting applications for the position of FT firefighter-paramedic. Applications are available at www.winfieldfpd.org or at Station #31, 27W530 Highlake Rd, Winfield, IL, Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. Application requirements: At least 21 years of age and not older than 35, except as provided by state law Certified Firefighter II U.S. citizen or meet requirements of Illinois Human Rights Act for citizenship status Valid driver's license Licensed EMT-P through the Illinois Department of Public Health All applications with required documentation must be postmarked or returned by Friday, March 6, 2015 by 4:00 p.m. Position requirements, test dates, application rules and salary info are available at www.winfieldfpd.org. (id:4397544) CDL CLASS A DRIVER - All local Home for dinner every night Hourly Pay, no nights no weekends. Contact Paul at 773-378-1267 (id:4399771) MACHINIST - CNC Machinist To $12/hr CNC Set Up/ Operator with 3+ years experience on CNC Lathes & Mills as well as own transportation req'd. 1st shift Evanston 773-205-1555 (id:4399612)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.