Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Butterfield Park District
DuPage park districts ‘scrambling’ with state grants suspended Mar 14, 2015 7:35 AM
Major park district projects are in jeopardy across DuPage County after Gov. Bruce Rauner’s decision to suspend state grants for park construction and land. Plans to buy land that almost became a gas station near Glen Ellyn; to add amenities to a park in Bloomingdale; to create a new recreation center in Roselle; to build an indoor turf center in West Chicago; and to improve a fitness facility in Aurora all were put on hold.
Michael Kryger: Candidate Profile Mar 10, 2015 5:24 PM
Candidate information for Michael Kryger, running for Butterfield Park Board 6-year term
David Gierhahn: Candidate Profile Mar 10, 2015 5:24 PM
Candidate information for David Gierhahn, running for Butterfield Park Board 6-year term
Lawrence Montgomery: Candidate Profile Mar 19, 2015 9:36 AM
Candidate information for Lawrence Montgomery, running for Butterfield Park Board 6-year term
Local park districts receive state funds for land buys and improvements Jan 8, 2015 11:03 AM
Ten DuPage County park districts received funds to purchase land and make park improvements from the $26 million that Gov. Pat Quinn announced Jan. 3 would be relased through the state's Open Space and Land Acquisition and Development program.
Voters approve Butterfield Park District tax increase Nov 4, 2014 10:23 PM
Voters have given the Butterfield Park District the go-ahead to borrow nearly $3 million to purchase a vacant lot on the northeast corner of Butterfield Road and Route 53 near Glen Ellyn where a gas station had been proposed. Unofficial results from all nine precincts Tuesday show 70 percent of voters supporting a tax increase to allow the district to borrow money and about 30 percent opposing it.
DuPage voters to decide long list of referendum questions Nov 3, 2014 8:32 AM
DuPage County voters on Tuesday will weigh in on more than two dozen referendum questions dealing with topics ranging from a proposed indoor aquatic center in Glen Ellyn to road repairs in Villa Park. Here is a look at some of the biggest questions on the general election ballots.
Group makes last push for Butterfield tax request Oct 31, 2014 6:53 PM
With the election less than a week away, a residents group is reminding residents the fate of a vacant lot on the northeast corner of Butterfield Road and Route 53 near Glen Ellyn lies in the hands of a few thousand voters. Butterfield Park District wants to purchase and preserve the roughly 2.4-acre lot next to its headquarters, but only if voters approve a ballot question that would allow for the district to borrow nearly $3 million.
Endorsement: Yes on Butterfield Park District site purchase Oct 17, 2014 1:01 AM
The Daily Herald recommends voters in the Butterfield Park District approve purchase of a site that otherwise will be open to commercial development.
DuPage referendums concern roads, airport noise, facilities Aug 30, 2014 7:40 AM
More than two dozen referendum questions will appear on the November ballot in DuPage County and cover a variety of topics, from deteriorating streets in Villa Park to complaints about airplane noise in towns neighboring O'Hare International Airport. “The residents are really getting clobbered with plane noise,” Itasca Village President Jeff Pruyn said.
Voters to be asked for $3 million to buy ex-gas station site near Glen Ellyn Aug 16, 2014 7:51 AM
The Butterfield Park District will ask voters to approve a $3 million property tax increase to buy and improve a parcel at the northeast corner of Route 53 and Butterfield Road near Glen Ellyn. The move would cost the typical taxpayer about $55 per year. “My neighbors have asked me for years if there was any way we could acquire this property for public use,” said Michael Kryger, president of the park board.
Zoning board sticks with support of Glen Ellyn gas station Oct 9, 2013 10:33 AM
Both sides of the argument heard, the fate of a proposed gas station in an unincorporated area near Glen Ellyn is headed back to the DuPage County's development committee. By a 6-1 vote Tuesday, the county's zoning board of appeals moved to send the matter back to the development committee with no additional findings. That committee, which next meets on Oct. 15, will issue its recommendation to the county board which is ultimately charged with granting approval or denial.
Glen Ellyn gas station plans raise environmental concerns Sep 27, 2013 3:42 PM
Environmental experts testifying on behalf of the Butterfield Park District claim that emissions from a proposed gas station near Glen Ellyn would significantly increase the risk of cancer among people using nearby property.
Plans for gas station near Glen Ellyn move forward Jul 12, 2013 5:30 AM
Plans for a combination gas station, convenience store and car wash in an unincorporated area near Glen Ellyn took a step forward on Thursday during a hearing before a DuPage County panel, despite opposition from area residents. The county’s zoning board of appeals voted 4-2 to recommend approval of a conditional use for the proposed 1.5-acre Mobil gas station and Bucky’s convenience store development at the northeast corner of Route 53 and Butterfield Road.
Opponents blast proposed gas station near Glen Ellyn Jul 9, 2013 8:14 PM
Plans for a gasoline station, convenience store and car wash in an unincorporated area near Glen Ellyn have drawn opposition from nearby residents and officials from a park district who believe their properties would be unduly affected. Buchanan Energy of Omaha, Neb., has proposed a 1.5-acre development for the northeast corner of Route 53 and Butterfield Road that would include space for 10 Mobil gas pumps that could serve as many as 20 vehicles, a 6,800-square-foot Bucky’s convenience store, and a 2,200-square-foot car wash.
Laura Saunerson: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:36 PM
Candidate information for Laura Saunerson, running for Butterfield Park Board (6-year Terms)
NEDSRA's new leader looks forward to future Feb 7, 2011 10:46 AM
Jeena Greenwalt takes over as executive director of the Northeast DuPage Special Recreation Association with plans to help even more people with disabilities get active. “I respect the past. I admire the present, but I'm very excited about the future,” said Greenwalt, a 15-year veteran of NEDSRA who took over the organization's top spot in December.
- Harper College promises two years of free tuition
- Guinea president reinforces emergency Ebola measures
- Mom asks Arlington Heights schools to ban peanuts
- Rozner: Bears show true colors with McDonald signing
- Harper president tried free tuition program at his last school
- Son's illiness causes Maryland coach Frese to 'enjoy the moment'
- St. Viator wins second straight
- If you put 10% of your paycheck into savings, you should be able to retire
- Dist. 211 renames new special-needs building
- Facebook's 'On This Day' seeks to fix problem social media created
- Trash bin fire causes smoke damage at Mundelein Goodwill
- Kuma's Corner coming to Schaumburg in July
- The sex discrimination trial that rocked Silicon Valley. What you need to know.
- Bulls thriving after being spurned by Melo
- Wheaton man charged with stealing from Downers Grove charity
- Ex-Islamic Foundation finance director admits theft
- Change in constitution is only permanent solution to pension crisis
- Rolling Meadows man charged with convenience store robbery
- Prosecutors: Employee stole $3,600 from Rosemont restaurant
- Elgin man charged with selling heroin near school
- Suburban lawmaker's plan to decriminalize marijuana rejected
- Naperville native tackles Jean Valjean for Paramount's 'Les Mis'
- Endorsements: Blackwood, LaBedz, Scaletta, Sidor for Arlington Heights trustee
- Harper College promises two years of free tuition
- A summary of Daily Herald endorsements in suburban school and municipal races
- Psych exam sought in Illinois case involving dead cats, dogs
- Durbin statements show double standard
- Moving Picture: Trainer teaches sailors ship-saving welding
- Elgin cleric pleads not guilty to sexual abuse charges
- Guinea president reinforces emergency Ebola measures
- QUALITY CONTROL INSPECTOR - Quality Control Inspector 2nd Shift 2:00pm-11:00pm Aerospace Manufacturing Duties: CMM experience, ability to perform dimensional inspection of complex machined parts experience with setting up and using bore gages. Benefits: Shift Premium, 401K, Blue Cross Health Insurance Send Resume Fax: 847 439 0230 or email resume PamS@ajrindustries.com See web site for more information at www.ajrindustries.com (id:4400160) LABORER / LANDSCAPE - Laborer -Acres Group is hiring landscape Maintenance Foremen and Laborers for the entire Chicagoland area. Interested applicants must have valid driver's license and proper documentation. Apply in person North: 610 W. Liberty St. Wauconda-(847) 526-4554, Central: 250 N. Garden Ave Roselle-(630) 351-4336, South: 23940 W. Andrews Rd. Plainfield-(815) 439-2022. (id:4400043) PAYROLL - Payroll -NSSEO, a special education public school district, has an immediate FT Payroll Officer position available in Mt. Prospect. Responsibilities include processing payroll for 400+ employees & being a key liaison between HR, Business & outside service providers. Ideal candidate will possess a strong payroll or accounting background with exceptional Excel skills & customer service driven attitude. Exp. with AS400 or Infinite Visions a plus. Competitive salary & benefit package starting at $24.19/hr. Apply online at www.nsseo.org. EOE (id:4401863)
- DRYWALL TAPER / FINISHER - Drywall taper/finisher for new construction and remodeling work Call Chuck 630-330-6326 (id:4402475) DRIVERS - Part-Time Drivers Wanted Manheim Auto Auction, the world's leading provider of vehicle remarketing services is seeking energetic individuals to join Manheim Arena in Bolingbrook, IL. Simple to qualify: Regular driver license and clean record. Able to work 7-29 hrs/week. Good attention to detail and safety sense. Ability to stand, enter/exit cars during shifts. Able to pass background check and drug test. Apply at www.ManheimDriverJobs.com search for job 144958. (id:4401696) TEACHER PRESCHOOL - Small, independent Preschool in Rolling Meadows, IL offering full and part day programs, looking for a full time 3-4 yr. old teacher. Must be teacher qualified. Familiar with all State and NAEYC accreditation standards. Full time year around position. Top salary and benefits based on qualifications. Call Sara at 847-991-7900 or email@example.com (id:4400186)
- PET SITTER - ELGIN-BASED PET CARE PROVIDER SEEKING FULL TIME and PART TIME PET SITTER ASSISTANT. EMAIL RESUME TO ELGINPETSITTER@GMAIL.COM. (id:4401494) CLEANING - CARPET CLEANING Water Damage Tech. Must have DL & speak Eng. $12 -15 to start + bonus potential. McMaid Rolling Meadows 847-991-2383 (id:4402039) JOB FAIR - COME AND EXPLORE THE EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITIES AT BRIARWOOD HEALTHCARE CENTER JOB FAIR Giveaways!!! Refreshments! WHEN: THURSDAY, APRIL 2, 2015 1:00 PM -5:00 PM WHERE: 350 W. SCHAUMBURG RD. SCHAUMBURG, IL 60194 Bridgewater place -SARAH'S GROVE Career Opportunities Available: Registered nurse (FT/PT/POOL) Certified nursing assistant (FT/PT) ON-THE-SPOT INTERVIEWS will be offered! Bring your resume! Friendship Village offers excellent salary and benefits. www.friendshipsenioroptions.org Friendship Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4402540)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.