Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Bristol
Antioch Township blaze leaves woman homeless Feb 3, 2014 12:00 AM
A house fire in Antioch Township early Sunday morning has left a woman homeless, authorities said. Antioch Fire Department Deputy Chief Chris Lienhardt said the woman was treated at an area hospital, but the extent of her injuries was unknown.
Waubonsee offers series on financial aid Jan 27, 2014 12:00 AM
February marks Financial Aid Awareness Month, and Waubonsee Community College has planned a series of free public events to help students learn more about receiving financial aid for the 2014-2015 school year.
Waubonsee plans for new year and beyondJan 22, 2014 12:00 AM
At Waubonsee Community College, we are looking forward to what 2014 will bring, but we are also looking further ahead, to prepare the college to continue to meet the educational and lifelong learning needs of our students for the next decade and beyond.
Fundraising records show who’s lining up behind 50th House candidates Jan 17, 2014 12:00 AM
Who is supporting who in the Republican primary for the nomination for the state 50th House District seat?
50th House GOP debate features 2 of 4 candidates Jan 15, 2014 12:00 AM
With only two of the four candidates attending, a debate Wednesday for people seeking the Republican nomination for the 50th state House district was a short and low-key affair.
Literacy project seeks volunteer tutors Jan 13, 2014 12:00 AM
The Adult Literacy Project at Waubonsee Community College is seeking volunteer tutors to help adult students increase their proficiency in reading, writing and speaking English, as well as math and other basic skills.
Waubonsee Community College students win top spots in poetry competition Jan 9, 2014 12:00 AM
Two Waubonsee Community College students captured the top two spots in the poetry category at the Illinois Skyway Collegiate Conference Writers’ Competition and Festival.
New year right time for new start at college Dec 18, 2013 12:00 AM
While starting college in the fall makes sense for many students coming directly from high school, there are distinct advantages to beginning in the spring semester.
Serving students who served our country Dec 9, 2013 12:00 AM
Waubonsee Community College considers it a privilege to serve members of our community through its educational programs and services, and is also honored to be able to serve many students who have served our country.
Take time to relax at Waubonsee’s free concerts Nov 27, 2013 12:00 AM
On Dec. 6-15, Waubonsee Community College will host its annual series of five live winter musical performances in an assortment of musical genres.
Waubonsee readies GED students for new exam Nov 20, 2013 12:00 AM
January 2014 will mark the implementation of a new edition of the General Educational Development exam designed to ensure that this first step toward a higher education is truly a step up. When it debuts, the 2014 GED test will have a new structure and delivery method, along with new content.
Complete College America works to eliminate barriers Oct 21, 2013 12:00 AM
In recent years, it has been difficult to miss the emphasis placed on the importance of college degree or certificate completion. Many statistics and studies have been quoted outlining the benefits to individual students, society and the economy.
Photojournalism inspires Batavia artist Sep 12, 2013 12:00 AM
It has been said that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. If that's true, Daily Herald photojournalist Laura Stoecker should feel honored by the work of Janine Webbles. The Batavia resident enjoys Stoecker's nature photography so much, she's created some paintings inspired by Stoecker's photos, including one she named "Laura's Barn."
Embracing engagment at Waubonsee Community CollegeAug 28, 2013 12:00 AM
Education has embraced the three “Rs” since at least the late 1700s. While Waubonsee Community College remains committed to teaching students to excel in reading, writing and arithmetic (along with other vital academic skills), this year we’re focusing on the three “Cs”: connect, collaborate and cultivate.
Waubonsee considers $104 million budget Jul 29, 2013 12:00 AM
Waubonsee Community College is considering a $104 million budget for its 2014 fiscal year.
Student, community safety a priority for Waubonsee Jul 24, 2013 12:00 AM
Safety is among the many priorities addressed by Waubonsee Community College. There are some exciting new projects the college is working on to further enhance the health and safety of our students and college community.
Waubonsee enrollment continuing to climb Jul 18, 2013 12:00 AM
Waubonsee Community College is bucking the trend in enrollment, reporting an increase in students in three recent periods. Summer 2012 enrollment was 7,801, up 7.3 percent over summer 2011; fall 2012 was 12,380, up 2.6 percent; and spring 2013 was 12,266, up 3.7 percent.
Waubonsee full-time faculty get raises in new contract Jul 18, 2013 12:00 AM
Waubonsee Community College full-time faculty will receive pay raises of 4 percent in the first year of a new contract approved Wednesday. But they will start paying part of their individual health-insurance premium.
Community colleges connect employers with job seekersJun 28, 2013 12:00 AM
For decades, a core mission — and strength — of community colleges has been to prepare students for successful careers. Throughout the Fox Valley, it is difficult to find an employer that doesn’t have at least one community college alumnus on staff. In fact, many of our local business leaders started their education at a community college.
Employment seekers invited to attend job, resource fair May 31, 2013 12:00 AM
Waubonsee Community College will host its second annual Kendall County Job and Resource Fair from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Friday, June 7, at its Plano campus, 100 Waubonsee Drive.
- Mom upset over candy, movies at daughter's school
- Coldwater Creek stores to close
- Arlington Heights man sentenced for 6th DUI
- Huntley could become distribution hub for Weber grills
- Rentals, mixed-use projects revive suburban sites
- Chapa LaVia apologizes over racial comments
- Classmate of murder suspect wants to end confusion about names
- Dawn Patrol: 6 years for 6th DUI; good, bad news for Schaumburg dogs
- Help and tears follow story on veterinarian
- No Wing pool, new farm animals in Elgin this summer
- SR BL DEVELOPER - Computer Sr Tech Analyst: Perform bus req's analysis, detail design & programming for companies w/in int'l ad agency grp. Position focuses on customization & development in PeopleSoft HRMS. Duties: collect & analyze bus info & translate into tech specs; design/develop tech plans to meet functional req's; develop/program sys components, using SQR & People- Tools programming tools, configure HRMS sys to implement; oversee ops of tech sys incl data integrity, security & performance; design/ develop reporting progs, panels & PeopleCode modules; work w/mgrs w/in grp to develop/implement best tech practices. Chicago, IL loc. Req'ss MBA in Tech Mgmt & 4 yrs exp as PeopleSoft HRMS (v. 8.0 or up) Analyst/ Developer. Send resume to: Lion Re:Sources, Inc., 35 W Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL, 60605, Attn: J. Capp. Ref # 101JP. (id:4369978) MATERIAL HANDLER - Material Handler Second shift. Candidates must speak & read English, have good math skills, high attention to detail, able to lift 55 lbs, bi-lingual is a plus. We offer health/dental ins. & 401k. Salary range $10-$13 per hour. Elgin Plastic Co. Email:email@example.com (id:4369959) COLD HEADER OPERATOR - Manufacturing Cold Header Operator Cold forming fastener company in Geneva, lL, seeks experienced cold header operators. Responsible for set up, operate and quality of product. Carlos Salvi experience a plus, but willing to train. Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4370543)
- TOOL MAKER - Manufacturing TOOL MAKER Semblex Corporation is a growing manufacturer of high quality, specialty fasteners located in Elmhurst, IL. Continuous growth has created a challenging opportunity for an experienced Tool Maker. Qualified candidates will have a minimum of 3 years of experience with carbide tooling and be able to speak, read, and write in English. Experience with cold heading tooling is preferred. A proven safety and dependability record are critical. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, 401k w/ co. match, Life and LTD insurance, as well as a flexible, family oriented atmosphere. Interested candidates should apply at www.semblex.com or call 630-617-2999. (id:4369646) RECEPTIONIST - PT - Receptionist needed for busy Chiropractic Office. Needs computer knowledge, good people skills, some financial skills. Needs to be a quick learner. Must be able to handle many tasks at once. Part time. Call 847-888-4770 for further information. (id:4369314) PRODUCT DESIGN ENGINEER - Product Design Engineer GoerTek Electronics, Inc. is seeking a Product Design Engineer for Hoffman Estates, IL office. Responsible for developing new consumer electronics, creating three dimensional models, and conducting finite element analysis. MS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent. E-mail resume:email@example.com (id:4369754)
- COMMUNITY SERVICE OFFICERS - Full-time Community Service Officers Village of Lombard The Village of Lombard has two positions available for Full-time Community Service Officer assigned to the Police Department. The Community Service Officers perform a variety of routine and complex tasks relating to the interpretation of adopted codes, rules and regulations to achieve compliance and mitigate problems. The successful candidate must possess the following minimum qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent with up to one year of experience communicating with the general public, preferably in a law enforcement environment; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the requisite knowledge skills and abilities for this job. Job requires full LEADS certification, CPR certification and the possession of a valid Illinois driver's license. Starting annual rate is $38,956. This position will work an average of 40 hours a week. The hours will vary. Please submit a completed application and resume by Friday, April 11, 2014 to: Village of Lombard 255 E. Wilson Lombard, Illinois 60148 fax: (630) 620-8222 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER (id:4369506) DRIVER - Palatine carpet co. looking for a driver for a box truck/ light warehouse duties. Must have a clean driving rec'd, be able to lift 50 lbs. 25-40 hrs/wk to start. Call 847-241-1761 (id:4370385) AUTO BODY TECHNICIAN - AUTO BODY TECHNICIAN Immediate opening for an experienced body tech. Frame exp-I-CAR a plus. Other positions available. email@example.com. 847-823-9805 (id:4370494)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.