Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Board of Review
Tax appeal seminar scheduled in Des Plaines Aug 31, 2014 4:35 PM
Cook County Board of Review Commissioner Dan Patlak will hold a property tax assessment appeal seminar Monday, Sept. 15, at the Des Plaines Public Library.
Prospect Hts. hosts property tax seminar Nov 4, 2013 4:50 PM
Cook County Board of Review Commissioner Dan Patlak will host a seminar on appealing property tax assessments at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 5, at St. Alphonsus Liguori Catholic School, 411 N. Wheeling Road, Prospect Heights. Taxpayers will be able to work with staff from the board of review on specific questions or concerns.
Board of Review commissioner offers appeal help in Hanover Township Dec 14, 2012 7:00 PM
The Board of Review is hosting an outreach seminar at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 9, at the Hanover Township Senior Center, 240 S.Route 59 in Bartlett.
Patlak leads; Alvarez, Brown win big in Cook Nov 6, 2012 11:59 PM
Democrats continued their domination of Cook County's top elected offices Tuesday, with incumbents State's Attorney Anita Alvarez and Circuit Court Clerk Dorothy Brown appearing to sail to victory with considerable margins. With about 98 percent of precincts reporting, unofficial election results also showed Democrats prevailing in races for the Metropolitan Water Reclamation District board and recorder of deeds. Appearing to defy the trend was Wheeling Republican Dan Patlak, who was leading in a close race for the Board of Review.
Suburban property tax appeals board seat at stake Nov 2, 2012 5:14 PM
Incumbent Republican Dan Patlak is defending his seat on the Cook County Board of Review against Democrat Casey Griffin. The post is one of three on the board and Patlak is currently the only Republican on the board. His campaign focuses on his experience in real estate and property tax assessment. Griffin wants to make the office more transparent and user-friendly.
Sears regularly gets multimillion-dollar property tax cuts Oct 21, 2012 7:11 AM
Last year, after an extended and highly public battle, including mass protests by supporters of Community Unit District 300, Sears Holdings Corp. won state approval of millions of dollars in tax breaks for its Hoffman Estates headquarters. Much more quietly, Sears in recent years also has won millions in property tax breaks through the complex, multilayered Cook County property assessment appeals system.
Endorsement: Patlak over Griffin for Cook Board Of Review Oct 18, 2012 5:00 AM
The Daily Herald endorses incumbent Republican Dan Patlak of Wheeling over Democrat Casey Griffin of Midlothian for Cook County recorder of deeds.
Larry Rogers: Candidate Profile Sep 21, 2012 4:34 PM
Candidate information for Larry Rogers, running for Cook Board of Review 3rd District
Michael Cabonargi: Candidate Profile Sep 21, 2012 4:34 PM
Candidate information for Michael Cabonargi, running for Cook Board of Review 2nd District
Dan Patlak: Candidate Profile Sep 21, 2012 4:34 PM
Candidate information for Dan Patlak, running for Cook Board of Review 1st District
Casey Griffin: Candidate Profile Sep 21, 2012 4:34 PM
Candidate information for Casey Griffin, running for Cook Board of Review 1st District
Elk Grove Township hosts tax appeal seminars Sep 2, 2012 5:40 PM
Elk Grove Township residents can attend two property tax assessment appeal seminars this month, at 7 p.m. Sept. 5 and 7 p.m. Sept. 18, both at the township office, 2400 S. Arlington Heights Road, Arlington Heights.
Patlak victory not a matter of geography Mar 22, 2012 1:04 AM
Cook County Board of Review Commissioner Dan Patlak of Wheeling said Tuesday's primary election had nothing to do with a north/south "turf war" among county Republicans. He actually defeated his opponent, Palos Park resident Sean Morrison, in several south suburban townships, he said. Patlak will face another south suburban resident in November, when he squares off against Democrat Casey Griffin of Midlothian.
Patlak wins Cook board of review race Mar 21, 2012 1:05 AM
The contest between Dan Patlak and Sean Morrison for the District 1 seat on the relatively obscure Cook County Board of Review was a raucous affair that galvanized the GOP faithful on opposite ends of the county. Patlak won in a repeat of what happened two years ago between the two.
Cook County Board of Review race a hot one for GOP Mar 20, 2012 6:17 AM
The contentious primary battle for the District 1 seat on the Cook County Board of Review -- Wheeling incumbent Dan Patlak faces Palos Park challenger Sean Morrison -- has galvanized everyone from suburban political bloggers to the chair of the Illinois Republican Party.
Mailing adds to mudslinging in board of review race Mar 9, 2012 7:16 PM
A flier mailed out to voters by Sean Morrison, a candidate in the Cook County Board of Review primary, places a picture of his opponent, Wheeling resident Dan Patlak, next to recently indicted Cook County Commission William Beavers and claims that Patlak has been caught violating the law. Patlak called the flier "character assasination" and a "new low" in Morrison's campaign.
Patlak for Cook Board of Review, GOP Feb 28, 2012 12:00 AM
The Daily Herald endorses Dan Patlak in the Republican primary for Cook County Board of Review, District 1.
Cook County Board of Review candidates talk goals, experience Feb 2, 2012 4:42 PM
Wheeling resident Dan Patlak, District 1 commissioner on the Cook County Board of Review, will face Sean Morrison, a Palos Park business owner, in the March 20 Republican primary. The two outlined their differences in a meeting at the Daily Herald.
Larry Rogers: Candidate Profile Feb 10, 2012 4:12 PM
Candidate information for Larry Rogers, running for Cook Board of Review 3rd District
Nicholas Margarites: Candidate Profile Feb 10, 2012 4:12 PM
Candidate information for Nicholas Margarites, running for Cook Board of Review 2nd District
- Asian population booming in suburbs
- Lake Zurich native fundraising for Guatemalan orphanage
- Girls' jihadi quest stirs Muslim communities' fear
- Drawing on friends to bury happy, outgoing 30-year-old
- Rozner: Cubs' pursuit of Maddon strictly business
- Barbie, Monster High push Mattel 2Q profit up
- Indications point to Maddon, but Cubs mum
- Lake Villa rescue crews recover body in Fox Lake
- Getting rid of warts can be tricky
- Should students be able to listen to music during school?
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets R-B again
- Des Plaines complex could have 11 tall towers
- Brainerd Building demolition could start Monday
- Suburban police no longer feel 'helpless' against heroin
- Editorial: Carpentersville's unconscionable refusal to explain
- Townhouses could displace Des Plaines church
- POWER UNIT BUILDER - Hydraulic lift manufacturer in St. Charles, Illinois has an immediate full time opening for a panel-power unit builder. Candidate must have extensive electrical, electronic and hydraulic experience to layout and build control panels and power units from Cad drawings, electrical schematics and hydraulic drawings. Candidate must be well versed in the use of hand and power tools as well as various multimeters and hydraulic valve test equipment. Send resume to fax# (630) 584-9895 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389188) MANUFACTURING - Manufacturing100 Jobs! Plastics company in Hanover Park needs Pickers/ Packers, Assemblers, Inspectors and Machine Operators NOW for 12 hour AM and PM shifts. To $8.60/hr 630-620-9800 Walk-ins Welcome 9am-3pm at Staff Force Addison office 190 North Swift Road, Ste X email@example.com (id:4389520) COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4389252)
- AUTO SALES - Auto Auto Dealership Management Team The Bob Rohrman Auto Group continues to grow. How do we continue to do this? By finding the best people available to join our organization. Are you one of these people? We are currently looking for experienced Managers at our Kia store in Schaumburg. GENERAL MANAGER -We're looking for a "take charge" leader with proven past success to hit the ground running. In this key role you will oversee activities of all dealership departments NEW CAR SALES MANAGER -Responsible for all activities in the New Car Sales division including assisting Sales Consultants in closing sales as needed. USED CAR MANAGER -Manager inventory of 150+ vehicles. Ensure individual and department sales goals and quotas are met. You must be a good closer in this role. This is an outstanding opportunity at a store with great location, a strong product line, and solid sales growth in 2014. We offer one of the industry's best pay plans plus all the BENEFITS including Health, Dental, 401(k), Etc. To set up a confidential interview please e-mail resume to: John Barrett Director of Operations -Chicago Bob Rohrman Auto Group firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389812) SECRETARIAL - SECRETARIAL /T-Arl. Hts. Knowledge of Microsoft Office. Type 60 wpm. Fax resume to 847-690-9883 or e-mail info@IllinoisSoccerRefereeCommittee.org (id:4389258) EXPERIENCED DRIVER - Elgin metal company is hiring experienced CDL Class A tractor trailer drivers. Local and regional work around Chicago and an 800 mile radius. $21-hr. Call: 847-214-2800 for address to submit job application. (id:4389901)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.