Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Bensenville District 2
Bensenville’s old Tioga School closes after old classroom items sold off Jun 26, 2014 1:01 AM
Teachers and bargain hunters carefully examined the items lined up in the gym at Tioga Elementary School in Bensenville. The surplus sale came ahead of the old Tioga's demolition and ahead of a new addiiton's debut. “We are salvaging small pieces of the (old building’s) facade that will be installed in the learning garden outside the new building," spokeswoman Terry Ryan said.
Distrtict 2's Amy Walsh is a candidate for state's Teacher of the Year Oct 16, 2013 1:35 PM
Listen to Amy Walsh talk about teaching for, oh, maybe two minutes, and you can sense the energy, the commitment, the passion. It's the kind of feeling you get when you happen across someone who's doing exactly what they want to do in exactly the right setting and, best of all, you know they're really, really good at it. A fourth-grade teacher in Bensenville Elementary District 2, Walsh is one of 11 finalists for the state's 2013-14 Teacher of the Year honor. "I just want to teach," she says.
Editorial: School funding key in dealing with poverty levels Sep 4, 2013 5:00 AM
As student poverty levels increase, suburban school leaders and parents of schoolchildren need to lobby legislators to get districts' full share of funding, a Daily Herald editorial says.
Suburban school districts see jump in low-income student populations Sep 3, 2013 5:48 AM
Suburban school districts are experiencing steady and perhaps staggering growth in low-income student populations. Illinois State Report Card data for 83 school districts shows West Chicago District 33 and Bensenville District 2 are two districts with the biggest poverty growth. “Poverty makes it more a challenge to get students prepared, and it takes additional resources to assist those students,” the state board of education spokesman said.
DuPage school districts honored in Itasca Apr 22, 2013 4:53 PM
Twenty DuPage County schools were recognized in Itasca on Monday for being named to the 2012 Illinois Honor Roll, which celebrates schools showing substantial academic improvement.
Endorsements: Bossier, Reyes, Quinn for Bensenville Dist. 2 school board Mar 21, 2013 5:00 AM
The Daily Herald endorses Kathleen Bossier, Luis Ryes and Nancy Quinn for the Bensenville District 2 Board of Education.
Matthew Vassar: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:37 PM
Candidate information for Matthew Vassar, running for Bensenville District 2 School Board (4-year Terms)
Luis Reyes: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:37 PM
Candidate information for Luis Reyes, running for Bensenville District 2 School Board (4-year Terms)
Nancy Quinn: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:37 PM
Candidate information for Nancy Quinn, running for Bensenville District 2 School Board (4-year Terms)
Donna Prunotto: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:37 PM
Candidate information for Donna Prunotto, running for Bensenville District 2 School Board (4-year Terms)
Kathleen Bossier: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:37 PM
Candidate information for Kathleen Bossier, running for Bensenville District 2 School Board (4-year Terms)
District 2 brick sale offers piece of Bensenville history Dec 12, 2012 5:09 PM
Bensenville Elementary District 2 will sell bricks for $25 from the former Chippewa School building in a fundraiser this weekend. "I think that building means a lot to many people in Bensenville, and many who grew up here, who want to keep that memory alive," a school offical said.
Majority of DuPage districts fail to meet federal standards Oct 31, 2012 6:02 AM
Out of 30 school districts in the Daily Herald's DuPage County coverage area, 24 failed to make adequate yearly progress in 2012 as defined by the No Child Left Behind act. In many “failing” districts, officials say AYP has risen to an almost unattainable level. “All districts in the state will fail to meet state targets at some point when the target is 100 percent,” said Lori Bein, superintendent of Roselle District 12.
Tough new ‘Common Core’ tests designed to better prepare students Oct 31, 2012 5:30 AM
State education officials say the current method of testing students isn't properly measuring their progress, but they're hoping the implementation of a new set of internationally benchmarked learning standards in English and math will change that. The so-called "Common Core" standards have been adopted by Illinois and 47 other states in an attempt to better prepare students for higher education and beyond.
Blackhawk Middle School program aims to teach tolerance Oct 26, 2012 1:07 PM
Blackhawk Middle School students in Bensenville will participate in a national Mix It Up at Lunch program on Monday, Oct. 29, as part of the school's anti-bullying and teaching tolerance program.
Bensenville students dazzled by new-look schools Aug 23, 2012 11:08 AM
Students in Bensenville Elementary District 2 got a sneak peek at their new digs earlier this week, but it didn't detract from their sense of wonder Wednesday when they returned for the first day of classes. Entering additions at Tioga and Johnson schools, they marveled at the size and amenities, enjoyed sunny hallways and even worried about finding their way around. "I'm going to get lost, there's no doubt about it," said Lilly Sweeny, 10.
Hundreds volunteer to build Dist. 2 playground Jul 31, 2012 3:59 PM
To prepare for the merger of their two Bensenville schools, hundreds of students and parents from Mohawk and W.A. Johnson Elementary will volunteer this weekend to build a new playground. The playground will be built Saturday by more than 200 volunteers from Bensenville District 2 and Foresters Life Insurance Company, which is underwriting the majority of the cost for the roughly $100,000 park. The effort will be led by organizers from the nonprofit group Kaboom!, which aims to provide a place to play within walking distance of every child in America.
District 2 names more co-principals May 8, 2012 10:31 PM
Administrative changes are continuing in Bensenville Elementary District 2, as the district moves to upgrade its curriculum and streamline its schools. This week, officials said Blackhawk Middle School will be lead by two co-principals in the 2013-14 school year, following the model announced late last month for Tioga School, too.
Bensenville school hires new co-prinicpal Apr 20, 2012 4:51 PM
Tioga School in Bensenville will now have two co-principals, after David Rojas was named this week to the dual post. This adds to a series of major shifts happening in Bensenville Elementary District 2, where neighboring Chippewa School with merge with Tioga next fall, and Mohawk and Johnson schools will merge shortly afterward.
Family remembers ‘bravest’ Bensenville teen Apr 11, 2012 4:11 PM
While Ashley Garza of Bensenville fought cancer for more than a year, her mother said the 13-year-old coped through humor and sass. "To our family Ashley was the bravest, bravest little girl ever," said Concha Garza. "She fought so hard and wanted to kick cancer in the butt, as she used to say. She made us laugh sometimes when we were crying about her being sick." Ashley, a seventh-grader at Blackhawk Middle School in Bensenville, died Tuesday due to complications from the disease.
- Pro athletes are way overpaid
- 1,700 pounds of marijuana recovered from Elk Grove warehouse
- New lawsuit filed against arrested Schaumburg cops
- Gun license numbers don't tell whole story in suburbs
- No more excuses
- Family and friends remember Elk Grove Village Marine
- Lawsuit: Mom, daughter assaulted by clowns at haunted house
- Light up Halloween night with homemade luminaries
- Durbin, Oberweis see red over green issues
- Improvements coming to Lombard Prairie Path crossing
- Football: Week 9 MVPs
- Football Focus: Week 10 Preview
- Discipline will be key to Huntley's playoff chances
- Plenty of intrigue surrounds opening round of football playoffs
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets Riverside-Brookfield again
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Scouting this weekend's DuPage County playoff football games
- Tough playoff tests loom for MSL teams, St. Viator
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
SOSEScript: most_commented failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 34 position 3: The operation timed out
- FOOD SERVICE - Food Service Aramark Grayslake H.S. Kitchen Help Wanted EOE, M/F/Disability/Vet Donna 847-986-3360 (id:4389660) IT MANAGER - Part-Time IT Manager experienced with video surveillance and cash register/POS systems. Need to understand Apple, Windows and Android products. Email resume: firstname.lastname@example.org United Cash Register Video Division ph# (708)780-1200 (id:4389084) OFFICE - Amvets seeks person for flex-ible hrs in N & NW suburbs Call from home. Call Diane at 815-609-1852 between 9a-noon for more information (id:4389737)
- POLISHER - Arlington Plating Company seeks a FT experienced metal Polisher. Requires ability to set up polishing wheels, handle small and large metal parts, stand for 8 hours, and work OT. Full-time benefits included. Apply on line at ww.arlingtonplating.com or in person. (id:4389982) SALES DEPARTMENT ASSISTANT - N-W Computer Company seeks energetic, self motivated person for the position of sales assistant Must excel in written and verbal communications, MS Office. Experience in sales of products and services a plus. Excellent work environment with great benefits. E-mail: HR@A-TechInc.com (id:4388043) WAITSTAFF - Wine Bar Servers & Wait Staff Wanted Experienced Only Need Apply Please send resume to: email@example.com or mail to: Ken Siwieck 1111 Willis Ave. Wheeling, IL 60090 We are an equal opportunity employer (id:4389440)
- ARCHITECT SYSTEM - Solution Architect Grant Thornton LLP is seeking a Solution Architect in Chicago, IL with the following requirements: BS in CS, CIS, MIS, Management or a related field and 5 years prior experience. Prior exp. must include: design, develop and implement all parts of an Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) application (EPMA or classic): metadata, lists, rules, security, webforms and reports; develop Excel tools with Smartview and VBA to meet client needs on HFM; design and create dynamic reports with Financial Reporting Studio; implement, maintain and update HFM related tools including FDM, DRM and EPMA. 100% travel required. Must live near a major airport. Please apply at www.gt.com by clicking on the Careers link. (id:4389494) EDUCATION - Education TEACH YOUR PASSION Spring Adjunct Faculty Openings Come share your knowledge and experiences with our students! Located in Palatine, Illinois, Harper College enrolls over 20,000 students of all ages, is committed to diversity and multiculturalism and is dedicated to creating a vibrant learning environment which embodies our institutional core values of integrity, respect, excellence and collaboration. We are seeking applications for the following Spring 2015 Adjunct Faculty positions: View job descriptions and complete our required online application at: https://jobs.harpercollege.edu Credit Classes: Astronomy Chemistry Engineering General Biology Hospitality Mgmt Human Anatomy Clinical: Clinical Supervisor -Certified Nursing Assistant Program Clinical Supervisor -Medical Office Administration Program Clinical Supervisor -Practical Nursing Clinical Supervisor -Practical Nursing, Maternity/Pediatrics Clinical Supervisor -Nursing Clinical Supervisor -Nursing, Pediatric/Maternity/ Mental Health Human Physiology Phlebotomy Physical Science (includes Meteorology) Physics Spanish Harper College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply (id:4389089) SECURITY OFFICER - SECURITY OFFICER (DEERFIELD) Security Positions FT/PT Deerfield All Shifts Available Guardsmark, a prestigious national security contractor, is current- ly hiring unarmed officers for both full-time and part-time positions in Deerfield starting at $11.00 per hour. Applicants need a H.S. Diploma or GED, must be 21 years or older, must have clean criminal background and be drug free, and possess a valid driver's license. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes health care, free life insurance, matching 401k retirement savings plan, paid vacation, holiday pay, tuition assistance, free uniforms, and various award programs. If interested, please fax your resume to (630) 571-1156 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org or come to the Guardsmark office in person to fill out an application and have an interview Monday-Friday from 10am-3pm at 800 Enterprise Drive, Suite #107, Oak Brook, IL 60523. No experience necessary. No Phone Calls Please (id:4389782)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.