Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Barrington Hills
Fine Line show features holiday gifts by top artists Oct 30, 2014 5:35 PM
Mark your calendar for Christmastime at the Fine Line Show and Sale, Dec. 5-13. This annual juried event in St. Charles showcases the best of our members’ artistic talents, and offers a wide range of unique holiday gifts.
BHS students to sell ornaments for senior trip Oct 30, 2014 6:08 PM
Barrington High School students are selling holiday ornaments to raise money for the upcoming Senior Celebration outing. The Senior Celebration Committee is selling red shatterproof glass ball ornaments featuring Bronco Billy for $10. The money raised will go toward lowering the price of an evening boat cruise at Navy Pier in Chicago for members of the class of 2015.
Barrington Hills police chief to retire after nine years as top cop Oct 30, 2014 5:30 PM
Barrington Hills is hosting a send-off party Friday for Police Chief Michael Murphy, who’s retiring after 28 years in the department and nine years as its top cop. The public is invited to bid Murphy farewell at a coffee and cake reception from noon to 2 p.m., at village hall, 112 Algonquin Road.
The Garlands Earns BACT Recognition for Conservation Efforts Oct 29, 2014 8:46 AM
The Garlands Earns BACT Recognition for Conservation Efforts
Ebola awareness panel, other events highlight International Education Week Oct 29, 2014 7:29 AM
Ebola awareness panel, other events highlight International Education Week
When to trick-or-treat in the Northwest suburbs Oct 28, 2014 1:52 PM
In most Northwest suburbs kids are being asked to collect their Halloween loot within specific hours — to wear costumes easily seen by drivers and to visit only homes where the front lights are on. All trick or treat hours listed here are for Friday, Oct. 31.
Have a safe and spooky Halloween with safety tips from Illinois Poison Center Oct 28, 2014 5:59 PM
With children across Illinois set to hit the streets for trick-or-treating, the Illinois Poison Center is urging parents and guardians to be cautious about Halloween products like dry ice and cosmetics that could prove dangerous if used improperly.
Sedgebrook Residents Pumping Iron Oct 28, 2014 3:32 PM
The Ironman Triathlon is widely considered to be among the most challenging athletic events in the world. Sedgebrook introduced a modified, but still impressive version of the Ironman/Ironwoman this summer, with approximately 40 residents signing on.
Clearbrook Cuisine Curbs Suburban Appetites Oct 27, 2014 7:27 AM
AOIIs “Focus on College” on Nov. 12 in Prospect Heights
AOIIs “Focus on College” on Nov. 12 in Prospect Heights Oct 27, 2014 7:24 AM
AOIIs “Focus on College” on Nov. 12 in Prospect Heights
Barrington Hills mayor hasn’t decided on new village attorney Oct 27, 2014 11:54 PM
About two months have passed since Barrington Hills' village attorney of more than 30 years resigned, but a replacement still has not been named.
The Falconaires Orchestra presents When Music was Music Oct 24, 2014 7:54 AM
The Falconaires Orchestra presents When Music was Music
Understand Your Pain: Arthritis and Orthopedic Issues As We Age Oct 24, 2014 4:06 PM
Monday, Oct. 27, 7 pm, Ivanhoe Congregational Church, 21078 W Route 176, Mundelein.
Join Howl-O-Ween Bash fundraiser Oct 24, 2014 6:54 PM
Join the “Howl-O-Ween Bash” on Saturday, Oct. 25, from 6 to 10 p.m. This event is hosted by A Heart for Animals and 31 North Banquets. A Heart For Animals is a no-kill nonprofit animal welfare organization. All proceeds from this event will go toward the operating costs involved in the rescues.
Northwest Choral Society announces 2014-15 season Oct 30, 2014 6:48 PM
The Northwest Choral Society, under the direction of artistic director Alan Wellman, announces the schedule and music selections for its three concert performances during the upcoming 2014-15 season.
New workshops at Harper College to aid prospective adult students Oct 23, 2014 12:47 PM
New workshops at Harper College to aid prospective adult students
Dr. David J. Tabak Relocates Barrington Optometric Practice Oct 23, 2014 12:15 PM
Dr. David J. Tabak Relocates Barrington Optometric Practice
New Barrington District 220 kindergarten plan doesn't make half-days transfer Oct 22, 2014 6:02 AM
A proposed fee-based full-day kindergarten program at Barrington Area Unit School District 220 no longer would transfer half-day kindergarten students out of the elementary schools, officials said Tuesday.
Holiday cards to support the Leukemia Research Foundation Oct 22, 2014 6:32 PM
The Leukemia Research Foundation announces its annual Holiday Card Sale. This year’s catalog includes cards for many occasions — and all can be customized. Cards for birthdays, Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas, and the New Year are available in many styles from general to business, religious, multicultural, progressive and more. The cards can be personalized and customers are able to customize verses. Cards range in style from a watercolor reproduction to traditional holiday scenes.
Listening Room welcomes singer-songwriter Steve Sebby for First Friday Open Mic Night Oct 22, 2014 6:05 PM
The Listening Room at Lakeside Legacy is proud to present “First Friday Open Mic Night.” Singer songwriter Steve Sebby will host an open mic night the first Friday of every month starting on Nov. 7. This is no ordinary open mic night — we welcome every type of art genre to our room: poetry, solo instrument, comedy, story telling, or even spoken word.
- 1,700 pounds of marijuana recovered from Elk Grove warehouse
- Drawing on friends to bury happy, outgoing 30-year-old
- Focused Cary-Grove a regional champ
- Samsung counts on wraparound screens to fend off Apple
- Family and friends remember Elk Grove Village Marine
- Parties pouring money into 56th District race
- Former teacher files discrimination lawsuit against U-46
- Images: Thursday's Lake County Fair
- Hottest job on market: Cybersecurity professionals
- New lawsuit filed against arrested Schaumburg cops
- Football: Week 9 MVPs
- Football Focus: Week 10 Preview
- Discipline will be key to Huntley's playoff chances
- Plenty of intrigue surrounds opening round of football playoffs
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets Riverside-Brookfield again
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Scouting this weekend's DuPage County playoff football games
- Tough playoff tests loom for MSL teams, St. Viator
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- POLISHER - Arlington Plating Company seeks a FT experienced metal Polisher. Requires ability to set up polishing wheels, handle small and large metal parts, stand for 8 hours, and work OT. Full-time benefits included. Apply on line at ww.arlingtonplating.com or in person. (id:4389982) NURSING INSTRUCTORS - Nursing NURSING CLINICAL INSTRUCTORS, ADJUNCT: SPRING 2015 MORTON COLLEGE has the distinction of being the second oldest comprehensive community college in Illinois. Our pioneering spirit helped establish the learning community and continues today as a Hispanic Serving Institution. We currently are seeking: Adjunct Faculty for Associate Degree Nursing Program: SPRING 2015 SEMESTER Current opportunities exist for: Clinical Instructors: Pediatrics & Mental Health Clinical Rotations Requirements include: Master's degree in Nursing; current Illinois RN licensure; 2 years clinical experience in a variety of settings. Morton College's Mission: To enhance the quality of life of our diverse community through exemplary teaching and learning opportunities, community service, and life-long learning. For more information and to apply for this position, go to: careers.morton.edu MORTON COLLEGE (id:4389470) COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4389254)
- DAY CARE TEACHER - Day care Teacher 10a-6p, Schaumburg Monday thru Friday $10-12.00 per hour Call 847-397-0111 (id:4389751) PART-TIME CUSTODIAN - Fremont Public Libary, Mundelein. 16 hrs-wk, evenings and weekends. Cleaning, snow removal, meeting room set-ups. Knowledge of automated building controls a plus. Lift at least 70 lbs, read-write English. 1170 N. Midlothian Rd, Mundelein www.fremontlibrary.org-about-us-jobs (id:4389826) CLEANING - CLEANING HOMES must have DL & speak Eng. $9-14 + bnfts. Call McMaid Rolling Mdws: 847-991-2383 Dwnrs Grv: 630-515-8800 Wauconda: 847-526-4447 (id:4389575)
- MEDICAL BILLER - MEDICAL BILLER, PT, exp. required for Mt. Prospect orthopedic office. Resume to email@example.com Call Kim 847-699-6810 (id:4389892) SALES - Silverleaf Resorts, Inc. is now hiring for the The Lombard Silverleaf Vacation Store! Silverleaf Sales Representatives are responsible for leading tours of the resort sales gallery, giving presentations of the Silverleaf Vacation Ownership Program to guests, as well as explaining and selling program benefits. This position requires NO cold-calling! Customers come to you EVERYDAY! The ideal Sales Representative is an excellent communicator with a positive, outgoing personality. You must be self-motivated, confident & results-oriented to boost the performance of our sales team. The ideal Sales Representative will also have: Competitive Pay Structure! -Previous sales or customer service experience -Confidence in giving presentations -Outgoing and approachable personality -Professional demeanor and image -Ability to work Wednesday through Sunday Sales Representatives receive: -Draw vs. commission (paid weekly)40k-60k Avg. First Year Earnings! -Monthly bonus potential -Energetic, fun work environment -Paid training ($15/hr) -Growth opportunities -Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance and 401K Apply online: www.silverleafresorts.com/careers or contact Sales Recruiter: John Pogorzelski firstname.lastname@example.org Direct 224-240-5578 Silverleaf Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4388985) COMPUTER SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR - Computer -Network & Computer Systems Administrator, Provide Network/Server system support for all dept. Bachelor's in Comp. Sci., IT related. Min. 1yr. exp. in network & computer SA. Mail resume to HR Mgr, Nuwave, LLC. 1795 N. Butterfield Rd, Libertyville, IL 60048 (id:4389213)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.