Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Attorney General
Attorney general candidates debate: Can more be done to fight corruption? Oct 14, 2014 5:30 AM
Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan prides herself on her consumer protection record, collecting millions of dollars for the state by going after those who defrauded Illinois residents, including utilities, large banks, scam artists and more. Madigan’s challenger in the Nov. 4 election, Republican Paul Schimpf, said the attorney general’s office needs to be more than just a consumer watchdog. He said fighting government corruption in Illinois should be a bigger priority.
Endorsement: Lisa Madigan deserves re-election as attorney general Oct 10, 2014 1:00 AM
The Daily Herald endorses Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan for re-election, citing her strong record as an advocate for consumer protection and government transparency
Lisa Madigan: Candidate Profile Oct 10, 2014 3:50 PM
Candidate information for Lisa Madigan, running for Attorney general
Paul Schimpf: Candidate Profile Oct 10, 2014 3:50 PM
Candidate information for Paul Schimpf, running for Attorney general
Ben Koyl: Candidate Profile Oct 10, 2014 3:54 PM
Candidate information for Ben Koyl, running for Attorney general
Attorney general denies conflict in anti-violence probe Sep 8, 2014 8:26 PM
Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan on Monday defended her right to give legal advice to state lawmakers conducting a probe into a troubled Chicago anti-violence program that was overseen by Gov. Pat Quinn’s administration.
Lisa Madigan warns of consumer scams in the suburbs May 20, 2014 4:15 PM
Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan came to the suburbs Tuesday to bring attention to common financial scams targeting consumers throughout the state. “There are many people we can help. There are many other people we cannot,” Madigan said during an appearance in Des Plaines. “We prefer to prevent consumer fraud from happening in the first place.”
RTA may spend $5 million on transit ads, denies cronyism May 19, 2014 7:59 PM
The RTA is poised to vote on a $5 million marketing campaign with the ad firm that handled Attorney General Lisa Madigan's last election campaign and is a contributor. Is there a conflict of interest given that Madigan's brother-in-law is No. 2 at the RTA? The $5 million is intended to target ocasional riders, reverse commuters and older adults.
Attorney general Schimpf: Candidate Profile Oct 9, 2014 11:21 AM
Candidate information for Attorney general Schimpf, running for Attorney general
Attorney general Madigan: Candidate Profile Oct 9, 2014 11:21 AM
Candidate information for Attorney general Madigan, running for Attorney general
Attorney general Koyl: Candidate Profile Oct 9, 2014 11:31 AM
Candidate information for Attorney general Koyl, running for Attorney general
Focus of 2014 Illinois campaign shifts to Republicans Sep 24, 2013 7:20 AM
The drama in the 2014 campaign for Illinois' statewide offices shifted substantially after the withdrawal of former White House chief of staff Bill Daley from the Democratic primary for governor. The focus on the state's top job now switches to the Republican side, where a four-way primary again threatens to split the GOP's main voting blocs.
Lisa Madigan decision to seek re-election roils Democrats Jul 16, 2013 7:33 AM
The decision by Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan to seek re-election may have put a cramp into the plans of at least two Democratic politicians — state Sen. Kwame Raoul and Lt. Gov. Sheila Simon. Raoul has made clear he would make a bid for the attorney general’s office if Madigan ran for governor. Simon has long made it known her political future won’t include re-election next year.
Lake County sheriff to seek reelection to another term, not a run for attorney general Feb 13, 2013 4:59 PM
Lake County Sheriff Mark Curran says he's changed his mind about seeking statewide office and wants to return for a third term in his current job. Curran, a Republican, announced Wednesday he'll seek re-election in 2014 and not run for attorney general. “I have great clarity,” Curran said of his decision. “I have great peace.”
Lake County Sheriff Curran planning attorney general run Dec 12, 2012 5:17 AM
Citing a statewide need to better combat crime and corruption, Republican Lake County Sheriff Mark Curran says he's seriously considering making a bid for attorney general. And, he said, he would do so regardless of whether current Democratic Attorney General Lisa Madigan — who is rumored to be weighing a run for governor but has not yet announced her intentions — seeks re-election. "I intend to run against her."
Homeowner mortgage help topic of Schaumburg forum Aug 7, 2012 5:00 PM
The Illinois Attorney General's Office is hosting a "Help for Homeowners: Mortgage Resources" event at Community Recreation Center, located at 505 N. Springinsguth Road in Schaumburg from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday, August 11.
McHenry board to get refresher on Open Meetings Act Jul 15, 2011 5:08 PM
At Tuesday's committee of the whole meeting, members of the McHenry County Board will be given a refresher course on the Open Meetings Act. Some board members had issues with some board members meeting to discuss and draft new versions of the redistricting map.
Topinka, Madigan, White all winners in state races Nov 3, 2010 12:06 AM
Republicans were poised to take over two state offices on Tuesday, possibly clearing the way for a merger of the positions. Judy Baar Topinka overcome a slow start on Tuesday to win the race for Illinois comptroller.
AG election results in lawsuit Oct 29, 2010 5:59 PM
The Libertarian candidate in a four-way contest for Illinois attorney general sued incumbent Lisa Madigan Friday in connection with a Freedom of Information Act request. Libertarian Bill Malan, of Chicago, an attorney, claims Madigan is withholding documents related to her Operation Guardian program. Operation Guardian involves background checks into criminal histories of nursing home employees. In a September news release, Madigan announced findings that more than 100 Illinois nursing home employees and residents had outstanding warrants. Malan characterized the probe as campaigning at public expense and accused the attorney general's office of refusing to disclose documents about the investigation that would put it in a negative light. Madigan spokeswoman Robyn Ziegler called the lawsuit premature. The attorney general's office had sought to exempt some documents from disclosure and that request was being reviewed by the agency's public access counselor when Malan filed suit, she said.
AG candidates weigh in on corruption busting Oct 27, 2010 9:26 AM
All four candidates running for Illinois attorney general promise to fight corruption while some are taking pot shots at the incumbent for her track record on that issue.
- 1,700 pounds of marijuana recovered from Elk Grove warehouse
- Rozner: Cubs' pursuit of Maddon strictly business
- Attorney general: DuPage forest preserve should release termination letter
- Rauner vs. Quinn: Seven issues where they will clash
- DuPage drug cops 'making a difference' in heroin fight
- Family, friends stunned by death of Libertyville grad
- Our Lady of Destiny School in Des Plaines closing
- Pro athletes are way overpaid
- Dist. 95 critical of proposed state education funding change
- Durbin, Oberweis see red over green issues
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets R-B again
- Des Plaines complex could have 11 tall towers
- Brainerd Building demolition could start Monday
- Suburban police no longer feel 'helpless' against heroin
- Editorial: Carpentersville's unconscionable refusal to explain
- Townhouses could displace Des Plaines church
- NURSING INSTRUCTORS - Nursing NURSING CLINICAL INSTRUCTORS, ADJUNCT: SPRING 2015 MORTON COLLEGE has the distinction of being the second oldest comprehensive community college in Illinois. Our pioneering spirit helped establish the learning community and continues today as a Hispanic Serving Institution. We currently are seeking: Adjunct Faculty for Associate Degree Nursing Program: SPRING 2015 SEMESTER Current opportunities exist for: Clinical Instructors: Pediatrics & Mental Health Clinical Rotations Requirements include: Master's degree in Nursing; current Illinois RN licensure; 2 years clinical experience in a variety of settings. Morton College's Mission: To enhance the quality of life of our diverse community through exemplary teaching and learning opportunities, community service, and life-long learning. For more information and to apply for this position, go to: careers.morton.edu MORTON COLLEGE (id:4389470) CAREGIVER/CNA - Flexible hours and positions. Assisitng Hands 630-305-9100 (id:4388613) COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4389252)
- OFFICE - Amvets seeks person for flex-ible hrs in N & NW suburbs Call from home. Call Diane at 815-609-1852 between 9a-noon for more information (id:4389737) NURSING INSTRUCTORS - Education MORTON COLLEGE, seeks ADJUNCT NURSING ASSISTANT INSTRUCTORS, for Spring 2015. For more info., see our ad under "Nursing" EOE (id:4389469) AUTO SALES - Auto AUTO SALES -HIRING FAIR - Start Your New Career...No Experience Needed...We Will Train You the Right Way to Sell Cars! The BOB ROHRMAN AUTO GROUP is not only the Midwest's #1 volume family-owned auto group, we're also an industry leader in ethical sales. We're looking for 10 to 20 good men & women to join our staff of sales professionals. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a positive, family-oriented dealership that does things the RIGHT WAY! As a result of continued rapid growth, The Bob Rohrman Auto Group is currently hiring multiple sales consultants at multiple locations. If you are selected WE OFFER: FREE 3-day training class at Rohrman University $50,000 -$75,000+ annual earning potential! Full benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Etc. Career advancement op- portunities to management Excellent floor traffic, in- ventory & a great reputa- tion in the community! We require of our sale team: Professional appearance with good communication skills. If you are bilingual that is a real advantage. Must have integrity, with a positive attitude & a strong work ethic Willing to learn & be recep- tive to new ideas You must be a team player We are a drug-free, equal opportunity employer Valid drivers license Interviews: Tuesday, October 28 - 3pm to 7pm Interviews held at: -ARLINGTON NISSAN 1100 West Dundee Road, Arlington Heights, IL -Just east of Route 53 on Dundee Road. No appointment necessary but if you need to schedule a specific time contact: JR Rohrman email@example.com -1-269-591-2223 -Please dress professionally for your interview (id:4389512)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.