Activate Your Free
Articles filed under 16th Congressional District
Will gay marriage stance cost GOP chairman his job?Jan 24, 2013 12:00 AM
Newly elected suburban state Sen. Jim Oberweis of Sugar Grove is rounding up fellow Illinois Republican officials to try to oust the chair of the beleaguered party, Pat Brady of St. Charles, over Brady's support for legalizing same-sex marriage. “All of my time is now being spent responding to emails on social issues,” he said. “I don't think those are the most pressing issues we should be dealing with.”
Brady still thinking about a second term as chair Jan 24, 2013 12:00 AM
In the wake of calls for his removal over statements supporting gay marriage, Illinois GOP Chairman Pat Brady reflects on the last few years at the helm of the state party and says he's not ruling a bid for another term. "I feel like we're in the process of taking a good hard look at where's the party's at," he says.
GOP governor contenders mostly mum on BradyJan 24, 2013 12:00 AM
Should Illinois GOP Chairman Pat Brady should keep his party post after voicing support for same-sex marriage? The growing field of likely GOP gubernatorial primary bidders is largely silent on the issue. Only state Sen. Kirk Dillard of Hinsdale, who described Pat Brady as a “gregarious and fearless leader,” said he agreed with Pat Brady that the party needs to be more open and inclusive and gain additional supporters.
House Majority Leader Cantor discusses state of GOPMar 2, 2012 12:00 AM
House Majority Leader Eric Cantor speaks with Daily Herald Politics and Projects Writer Kerry Lester about the lasting legacy of the 112th Congress, the growth he's seen in Chief Deputy Whip Peter Roskam, of Wheaton, and how the Tea Party fits into the GOP's congressional agenda.
Tea Party backs Manzullo in congressional primary Feb 6, 2012 12:00 AM
The Illinois Tea Party has endorsed longtime Congressman Don Manzullo over freshman Congressman Adam Kinzinger in a north-central Illinois primary battle.
Donald Manzullo: Candidate ProfileJan 31, 2012 12:00 AM
Candidate information for Donald Manzullo, running for 16th District U.S. Representative
Adam Kinzinger: Candidate ProfileJan 31, 2012 12:00 AM
Candidate information for Adam Kinzinger, running for 16th District U.S. Representative
Manzullo to run in redrawn 16th District Nov 13, 2011 12:00 AM
Longtime Republican Congressman Don Manzullo has announced his re-election campaign for the redrawn 16th district, pitting him against freshman Congressman Adam Kinzinger.
Suburban, Illinois leaders react to Obama's speech Sep 8, 2011 12:00 AM
Elected leaders from the suburbs and Illinois react to President Barack Obama's speech and his $447 billion plan to bring jobs to the country.
Suburban reps play key roles in debt ceiling storm Aug 1, 2011 12:00 AM
With hours to go before a government debt default, Congressman Peter Roskam of Wheaton was walking the marble halls of Congress trying to sway votes, but two members of Illinois' suburban GOP delegation stood firm: Joe Walsh and Randy Hultgren.
’Burbs flex muscle in new congressional map Jun 6, 2011 12:00 AM
Thanks to Democratic state lawmakers, a Cubs fan who lives in Addison can head more than two dozen miles east to Wrigley Field at Addison and Sheffield in Chicago, never leaving his congressional district. That’s if Gov. Pat Quinn approves a new congressional map.
Congressional map sent to Quinn amid GOP protests May 31, 2011 12:00 AM
A new congressional map — stretching and skewing a number of traditional Republican strongholds in the suburbs — is sent to Gov. Pat Quinn's desk.
Suburban legislators react to bin Laden's deathMay 2, 2011 12:00 AM
Congressional representatives from the suburbs react to bin Laden's death and look ahead to what will happen next.
What your Congressman's office space says about them Apr 18, 2011 12:00 AM
Outside each congressman's Washington, D.C., office are the same American flag and welcome sign. But inside, the personalities of the men and women who suburban voters elected to represent them are on display.
Hultgren: “Cautiously optimistic” deal will be madeApr 8, 2011 12:00 AM
Congressman Randy Hultgren says he's “cautiously optimistic” a budget deal can be reached between Republicans and Democrats this afternoon.
At the leadership table, Roskam keeps suburban focusMar 28, 2011 12:00 AM
Wheaton's Peter Roskam, Republican chief deputy whip and Illinois' 6th District representative, tests his skills as a leader, as the GOP-controlled House tries to cut the federal budget. It's a test that has Roskam poised for even greater power — depending on his performance.
Area congressman in New Zealand when quake hitFeb 22, 2011 12:00 AM
Just two hours before a deadly earthquake hit Christchurch, New Zealand, U.S. Rep. Don Manzullo and seven other congressmen left the city, where he was leading a trade mission. The trade delegation’s hotel was located about 200 yards away from the Christchurch Cathedral, whose tower toppled to the ground with victims reportedly inside.
Congressmen team up to protect Itasca business Feb 12, 2011 12:00 AM
Members of Illinois' congressional delegation have again teamed up to urge the Chinese government to help resolve a dispute between an Itasca manufacturing company and its former Chinese business partner, which is accused of stealing intellectual property and materials.
Hultgren stands out with “no” vote against Patriot Act extension Feb 9, 2011 12:00 AM
In keeping with the goal of reducing the size of the federal government, a freshman congressman from Winfield was one of just 26 Republican representatives who broke from their party and voted against extending provisions of the Patriot Act.
Kirk, Manzullo, Walsh host town hall meeting Saturday Jan 19, 2011 12:00 AM
U.S. Sen. Mark Kirk and congressmen Don Manzullo and Joe Walsh will host a town-hall meeting in Crystal Lake Saturday afternoon focused on efforts to cut spending, reduce the deficit, improve the economy and lower unemployment.
- NBA waiting on decisions by James, Anthony
- Woman crashes SUV into Buffalo Grove store
- Neighbors decry car-racing noise at Sears Centre
- 5 reasons U.S. economy outpacing rest of world
- Elgin city manager a finalist for Iowa job
- Big trade brings Cubs closer to winning
- Elgin officials: Despite glitch, July 4 celebration a success
- Berkshire Partners to buy Portillo's restaurants
- Horses, goat die in barn fire near Wauconda
- Fire damages Long Grove home
- Neighbors decry car-racing noise at Sears Centre
- The top six fireworks shows in the suburbs
- Berkshire Partners to buy Portillo's restaurants
- Where the Wheaton College ruling could lead
- 'Fantastic horseman' Bruce Duchossois dies at 64
- Local clergy hand out condoms at Aurora Hobby Lobby store
- Sources: Cubs trade Samardzija, Hammel to Oakland
- When, where to see fireworks in the suburbs
- Ryan: 'Americans should come to their senses'
- Three injured in Fox River watercraft accident
- SCHOOL BUS DRIVERS - NOW HIRING SCHOOL BUS DRIVERS -No experience necessary -Training Provided -Part-time morning and afternoon hours -Bring your child to work Starting wage for new drivers beginning 9/1/14 -$14.70 Apply online at: www.durhamschoolservices.com Or in person: 880 South Route 83 Grayslake, IL 60030 847-543-9244 EOE (id:4375009) MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR - Maintenance Supervisor Lindop SD 92 seeks candidates for Maintenance Supervisor. Must have Spv & maintenance exp. Competitive salary & benefits. Apply www.lindop92.net (id:4377828) DRIVER - Driver Local, Regional and Linehaul LTL Runs $1500 SIGN-ON Bonus EXCELLENT HOMETIME! Paid Orientation Great Pay 11 Day Refresher Course Available EEOE/AAP 866-323-7875 www.driveFFE.com (id:4377991)
- CNA'S - CNAs part time wknds or full time on wknd-only program. Ask about our EXCITING new wknd incentives. Apply with Karina Negrete, Nursing Scheduler, at Lee Manor Healthcare, 1301 Lee St., Des Plaines, IL ph: 847-635-4000 fax: 847-827-5796 (id:4378623) FOODANDBEVERAGE OPERATIONS MANAGER - The Village of Glendale Heights seeks an energetic, experienced professional for the position of Food and Beverage Operations Manager for our public golf course. Glendale Lakes Golf Club is an 18-hole public golf course owned and operated by the Village of Glendale Heights. Centrally located between the north and south suburbs of Chicago and just 3 miles west of I-355, this Dick Nugent designed golf course challenges golfers of all skill levels. Glendale Lakes Golf Club also has a beautiful banquet facility that accommodates groups up to 250 people and hosts wedding receptions, golf outings, business meetings and other social events. The Food and Beverage Operations Manager works under the direct supervision of the Director of Golf Course Operations, and directly supervises waitstaff, bartenders, cooks, dishwashers, banquet coordinators, food and beverage clerks and other golf staff, as assigned. The Food and Beverage Operations Manager performs a variety of administrative, supervisory and professional duties in the Food and Beverage Division of the Glendale Lakes Golf Club. This position is responsible for all aspects of food ordering, handling and preparation at the Glendale Lakes Golf Club; controls costs of all food and beverage outlets by overseeing all purchasing of food, beverages, supplies and equipment; and estimating product and personnel levels. The Food and Beverage Operations Manager is responsible for managing all food and beverage staff by recruiting, selecting, hiring, training, assigning, scheduling, evaluating, supervising performance and carrying out disciplinary action, as needed. This position is responsible for ensuring a pleasant dining experience, and overseeing the creation of menus and menu pricing; maintaining customer satisfaction and employee productivity by handling customer inquiries, concerns or comments and providing solutions; acquiring feedback from customers and co-workers in order to ensure satisfaction and-or implement service improvement ideas; developing new concepts to ensure customer satisfaction and repeat business. The successful candidate will possess: and middot; 5 years of progressive responsibility in food and beverage industry required; and middot; 2 years of experience of personnel management, preferably in golf-hospitality-service industry required; and middot; Trade-vocational-degree in culinary or related field preferred; and middot; Experience in resolving customer issues-complaints as well as overall excellent customer service required; and middot; Proficient in computer software including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; and middot; Solid time management, organization and prioritization skills; and middot; Proven ability to effectively build and foster a team environment; and middot; Ability to make decisions in a fast paced environment; and middot; Bi-lingual-Spanish speaking a plus; and middot; An Illinois Food Service Sanitation Certificate and a valid Illinois State driver's license or ability to obtain one within three months from date of employment. Compensation and Benefits The salary range is $44,325 -$63,544, commensurate with qualifications and experience. The Village of Glendale Heights offers a generous health and dental benefits package to full-time employees. To learn more about Glendale Lakes Golf Club, visit http:www.glendalelakes.com-How to Apply Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, three (3) professional references and a Village of Glendale Heights application to: Village of Glendale Heights Attn: HR Division 300 Civic Center Plaza Glendale Heights, IL 60139 All job offers are conditional upon the satisfactory outcome of pre-employment drug testing and a complete background check. Employees are required to have their permanent residency within a 15-mile radius of the Village. Posted 6-27-14; applications being accepted until position is filled. An Equal Opportunity Employer. (id:4378622) COUNTERTOP/PREMIUM SURFACE FABRICATOR - Immediate positions available for: Commercial Estimator : Must be able to read blue prints. Scribers : Laser template experience preferred. Fabricators : No experience necessary. Apply at or send resume to: Gerali Custom Design, Inc., 1482 Sheldon Dr., Elgin, IL 60120. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4376193)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.