Articles filed under 11th Congressional District
Dold being recruited by top GOP to run again in 10th Apr 15, 2013 12:00 AM
Former Congressman Bob Dold is being actively recruited by top GOP officials to make another bid for Congress. National Republican Committee Chair Greg Walden told the Daily Herald that he's "hopeful" the Kenilworth Republican will run in 2014 for the North Suburban 10th Congressional District seat he lost to Deerfield Democrat Brad Schneider.
Senger meets with GOP officials about challenge to Foster Apr 11, 2013 12:00 AM
State Rep. Darlene Senger, of Naperville, heads to Washington, D.C., this week to talk to Republican officials about possibly challenging Congressman Bill Foster in 2014.
Congressman brings Fab Lab pitch to Waubonsee, local manufacturers Mar 28, 2013 12:00 AM
Rep. Bill Foster hosted a roundtable discussion Thursday about his Fab Lab bill. The 11th District congressman introduced a bill last week to establish a National Fab Lab network across the country to catalyze the manufacturing sector. He spoke at Waubonsee Community College's downtown Aurora location.
GOP governor contenders mostly mum on BradyJan 24, 2013 12:00 AM
Should Illinois GOP Chairman Pat Brady should keep his party post after voicing support for same-sex marriage? The growing field of likely GOP gubernatorial primary bidders is largely silent on the issue. Only state Sen. Kirk Dillard of Hinsdale, who described Pat Brady as a “gregarious and fearless leader,” said he agreed with Pat Brady that the party needs to be more open and inclusive and gain additional supporters.
Brady still thinking about a second term as chair Jan 24, 2013 12:00 AM
In the wake of calls for his removal over statements supporting gay marriage, Illinois GOP Chairman Pat Brady reflects on the last few years at the helm of the state party and says he's not ruling a bid for another term. "I feel like we're in the process of taking a good hard look at where's the party's at," he says.
Will gay marriage stance cost GOP chairman his job?Jan 24, 2013 12:00 AM
Newly elected suburban state Sen. Jim Oberweis of Sugar Grove is rounding up fellow Illinois Republican officials to try to oust the chair of the beleaguered party, Pat Brady of St. Charles, over Brady's support for legalizing same-sex marriage. “All of my time is now being spent responding to emails on social issues,” he said. “I don't think those are the most pressing issues we should be dealing with.”
Suburban Democrats vow bipartisanship in Congress Jan 3, 2013 12:00 AM
The swearing in today of U.S. Rep.-elects Tammy Duckworth of Hoffman Estates, Bill Foster of Naperville and Brad Schneider of Deerfield represents a 180-degree departure from the "red wave" of 2010, which saw a crop of Tea Party freshman elected to Congress. All Democrats, the three weathered staunch opposition in November's election. They vow to be voices of compromise when the 113th Congress convenes after today's ceremonies.
Biggert still mulling loss, looks ahead to futureDec 8, 2012 12:00 AM
Departing Republican U.S. Rep. Judy Biggert talks about her unsuccessful campaign against Democrat Bill Foster in the 11th Congressional District, including her debate performance, where she says, "I didn't do a great job." The seven-term lawmaker from Hinsdale has spent recent weeks preparing to shut down her offices and is looking ahead toward what her next chapter might hold.
Behind the scenes of Foster’s unexpectedly easy win Nov 7, 2012 12:00 AM
Bill Foster wasn't supposed to win like this. Election night was supposed to be as down and dirty as the abundance of negative 11th Congressional District ads on TV. But Foster took a lead over Republican rival Judy Biggert from the very first returns and went on to beat her in almost every region of the district except for a handful of Cook County precincts.
Democrats take all three targeted House seats; GOP eyes governor’s race Nov 6, 2012 12:00 AM
Democrats picked up all three targeted seats in the suburbs on Tuesday, unseating three Republican members of Congress — two freshmen and one seven-term veteran. Democrat Tammy Duckworth of Hoffman Estates won in the 8th Congressional District, Naperville Democrat Bill Foster won in the 11th District and Deerfield Democrat Brad Schneider won in the 10th District.
Biggert concedes to Foster in 11thNov 6, 2012 12:00 AM
Bill Foster is returning to Congress, defeating Judy Biggert in the 11th Congressional District. Biggert conceded about 10 p.m. in a call to Foster.
Suburban congressional races play big in national picture Nov 4, 2012 12:00 AM
With a congressional map drawn by Illinois' Democrats, the suburbs have become the battlegrounds between Republicans and Democrats fighting for control of the U.S. House. With just days until the election, here's a rundown of those contests between Peter Roskam and Leslie Coolidge; Joe Walsh and Tammy Duckworth; Jan Schakowsky and Timothy Wolfe; Robert Dold and Brad Schneider; Judy Biggert and Bill Foster; and Randy Hultgren and Dennis Anderson.
Kirk stumps for Biggert in new video Nov 3, 2012 12:00 AM
U.S. Senator Mark Kirk has, for the second time in a week, taken to the campaign trail via video to help support a vulnerable colleague. The state's top ranking Republican, speaking from home in Highland Park where he is continuing to recover from an ischemic stroke, described Congresswoman Judy Biggert as an "ultimate suburban mom who should be representing Illinois in Congress next year."
Biggert, Foster have evolving views on gay marriageNov 3, 2012 12:00 AM
If you haven't been paying attention since the primary race, the candidates in the 11th Congressional District have both altered their views on gay marriage. A look at where they stand now, and why they've changed their thinking.
Audience grills 11th District candidates on immigration Oct 29, 2012 12:00 AM
The Illinois Coalition for Immigrant and Refugee Rights hosts a roundtable in Joliet and Bill Foster, candidate for the 11th Congressional District, discusses issues affecting middle class families and immigration policy.
Biggert, Foster don’t see eye-to-eye on energy, transportation Oct 27, 2012 12:00 AM
A new transportation bill will be a big part of the agenda for either candidate elected to the new 11th Congressional District. Various lobbyists with transportation and union interests gave an overview of the transportation issues important to them at a roundtable in Lemont Friday. A look at what Judy Biggert and Bill Foster have to say on transportation and energy.
Taxes, immigration highlight 11th Congressional debate Oct 24, 2012 12:00 AM
In their final televised debate, Republican Judy Biggert and Democrat Bill Foster drew dividing lines on several key positions in the 11th Congressional District. The political rivals squared off on WTTW's "Chicago Tonight" program Wednesday evening.
Fact-checking the ads in the 11th Congressional District race Oct 22, 2012 12:00 AM
Fact-checking the competing attack ads over China by 11th Congressional District candidates Bill Foster and Judy Biggert, plus a look at why Foster paid no income taxes in his last tax return.
Foster, Biggert find points to agree and disagree on federal budgetOct 17, 2012 12:00 AM
Candidates in the 11th Congressional District both have issues with the budget plans their own parties have proposed. And while both agree there may be room for compromise using a formula similar to that proposed in the Simpson-Bowles Debt Plan, their own starting points for negotiations are on polar opposite sides.
11th Congressional candidates detail plans for Medicare solvency Oct 17, 2012 12:00 AM
11th Congressional hopefull Bill Foster hosted a roundtable on Medicare in Joliet Wednesday that was attended by Sen. Dick Durbin. Here's a detailed look at where Foster and his Republican opponent Judy Biggert stands on Medicare reform.
- Drillers eyeing southern Illinois for oil, gas
- Weezer to play free concert at Woodfield June 22
- Police: Elgin man fakes slip and fall injuries
- Hossa thankful hes back to normal
- Don Mauer puts 'The 8-Hour Diet' to the test
- Chicago area home uninhabitable after hoarding
- Lombard restaurant at center of DuPage E. coli probe
- Palatine housing project faces first test
- Aurora still betting on Hollywood Casino after 20 years
- McHenry Co. most wanted fugitive arrested
- Pension standoff showcases top Democrats differences
- Arlington Heights man, police in 2nd Amendment dispute
- Lake County church builds future on history
- Buffalo Grove trustees defer on assault weapons ban
- RECEPTIONIST DATA ENTRY - Clerical -Medical Record Clerk for Release of Information Services at Clinics in Maywood and Chicago. Medical record experience preferred, good customer service and data entry skills required. Automobile needed. Monday thru Friday, 8a-4:30p $12/hour. Fax resume to Trish 847-413-0172 or email email@example.com specify "Maywood" in subject line. (id:4342417) WAREHOUSE - Warehouse -Fortune 50 health-care comp is hiring FT W/H Associates, Night W/H Supvr/ Mgr in Romeoville! Pls apply at www.amerisourcebergen.com EEO/M/F/D/V (id:4343224) TECHNICIAN COORDINATOR - 4343205 - Plumbing -Technician coordinator wanted for service plumbing company in Wheeling w/5-7 yrs exp. in the plumbing industry. Top Pay/Benefits/Vac. Fax to 847-459-7386 (id:4343205)
- GENERAL LABOR - General Laborers/Machine Operators/Forklift Drivers Full Time Positions: 1st, 2nd, 3rd shift / Pay Rate: $8.25 -$11.00 (Depends on position) All applicants must pass E-Verify, Drug Screen and Background Check. Call today! ASG Staffing / 630-752-1128 / 546 E North Ave Glendale Heights, IL 60139 EEO (id:4343073) CONCRETE FOUNDATION FORMAN - 10 yrs. Experience able to layout and read drawings. Current drivers license and union card. Ability to work well with others as well as communicate well with others as well. Truck is given to foreman. Send resume to Fax: 224-484-8707 (id:4343254) COOKS & DISHWASHERS - Cooks & Dishwashers needed exp. a plus, 35-38 hrs/wk Apply@Arrowhead Rest, 26W151 Butterfield Rd, Wheaton, IL or www.wheatonparkdistrict.com 630-653-5800 (id:4342823)
- FURNITUE PREP AND ASSEMBLY ASSOCIATE - Room and Board is currently hiring for a full-time Furniture Prep and Staging Associate to join our Oak Brook Delivery Center team. This individual will prepare our furniture for delivery to ensure its in perfect condition before going into our customers homes. Starting pay for this role is $17.50 per hour. To apply please visit our website at http:www.roomandboard.com-careers Room and Board is an environment of inclusion. (id:4343123) QUALITY CONTROL ANALYST - Real Estate -Quality Control Analyst for Real Estate information company located in Carol Stream. Fax Resume to: 630-588-4896 (id:4343202) OFFICE - 4342873 - Office -Candy wholesaler in Des Plaines needs person for computer, take orders & some warehouse work. Must be able to speak English and Spanish. Call 847-297-6800 (id:4342873)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.
Powered by Local.com