A College of Lake County presidential advisory search committee, comprised of groups from throughout the college, including students, faculty, staff, board and community members, has selected five finalists, who will be interviewed by the Board of Trustees and appear at community forums during the week of Nov. 13.
The public is invited to attend the forums, to be held on all three campuses (Grayslake, Vernon Hills and Waukegan) and provide feedback. View www.clcillinois.edu/finalists for complete finalist bios and the forum schedule and locations.
The finalists and their forum dates (in date order):
• Keith Cornille, Ed.D., executive vice president/chief student services officer at Madison Area Technical College (Madison, Wis.). Forums Nov. 13-14.
• Lori Suddick, Ed.D., vice president of learning and chief academic officer for Northeast Wisconsin Technical College (Green Bay, Wis.). Forums Nov. 14-15.
• J. Michael Thomson, Ph.D., Eastern Campus president of Cuyahoga Community College in northeast Ohio and Chief Executive Officer of the Eastern Campus in Highland Hills, Ohio. Forums Nov. 15-16.
• Cliff Davis, M.A., president of the Ozarks Technical Community College (OTC) System (Springfield, Mo.) Table Rock Campus and system vice chancellor. Forums Nov. 16-17.
• Amit B. Singh, Ph.D., provost and senior vice president of academic affairs at Clark State Community College (Springfield, Ohio). Forums Nov. 16-17.
Julia Guiney, CLC executive director of human resources, said that the target timeline is to have a decision made by December; however, depending on who is selected, he or she could start between January and July 1, 2018. Meanwhile, Interim President Dr. Rich Haney has agreed to stay on through June, if needed, to ensure a smooth, successful transition to the new president.
"We look forward to the participation of the College of Lake County community -- students, faculty, staff and other community members in this process," Guiney said.