First Fridays brings French Connection Poetry Slam to downtown Aurora on Nov. 3.
One Poetic Voice is kicking off their annual weekend slam with a family-friendly show at Metropolitan Coworking, 14 W. Downer Place, Suite 16. "French Kiss," a One Poetic Voice performance, will be 6 to 9 p.m.
Also on First Fridays, a new tenant opens on the ground floor of the historic Leland Tower on Stolp Avenue and Galena Boulevard.
Fox Art Studio, 9 S. Stolp Ave., celebrates its grand opening from 6 to 9 p.m.
Sit back and enjoy the hilarity of another LIVE Match Game at River's Edge Cafe, 14 W. Downer Place, Suite 18. Famous locals will participate on the panel from 6 to 9 p.m.
Art openings, live music, and more are featured at First Fridays on Nov. 3 at several locations throughout downtown including:
• If These Walls Could Talk, 32 S. Stolp Ave. hosts "Open Spaces," a group show exhibiting work from members of the Midwest Collage Society from 7 to 11 p.m.
• The ArtBar presents Calaveras of Chicago at The Web, 134 W. Downer Place, from 6 p.m. to 1 a.m. along with two shows at Two Brothers Roundhouse, 205 N. Broadway: Sci-fi Retro Show in the Cafe and "Tattoo Dolls," a solo show featuring Lindsey Roussel from 6 p.m. to midnight in the Lounge.
• Gallery 1904, 1 E. Benton St., hosts Aurora Cosmopolitan Club's 90th anniversary celebration supporting diabetes wellness from 5 to 10 p.m.
• AKA Dance, 14 W. Downer Place, welcomes children for a free dance class from 6:30 to 7 p.m.
• David L. Pierce Art and History Center, 20 E. Downer Place, continues its "Back to School" mini photo exhibit; "Aurora Story"; and World War I Exhibit from 6 to 9 p.m.
• G.A.R. Museum, 23 E. Downer Place, is open with free tours from 6 to 9 p.m.
• Culture Stock, 43 E. Galena Blvd., hosts "Respect the Mic," spoken word night, from 8:30 to 10 p.m.
• SciTech, 18 W. Benton St., offers a sneak peek at the museum along with activities focused on tessellations and quilts. Argonne scientist Linda Dugovic will be presenting quilts and the mathematical art of its creation from 6 to 8 p.m.
• Aurora Regional Fire Museum, 53 N. Broadway, is home to the First Fridays' Pop Up Shops. Visit a variety of artists and artisans with works on display from 6 to 9 p.m.
• Indie Studio Space, 105 E. Galena Blvd., is open with photography and photo booth by Cloud Foto. The evening also will feature Kimtastix, a pound drumming movement, from 5 to 8 p.m.
• Zen Loft Wellness Center, 6 W. Downer Place, offers $5 mini classes, demos, massage, and more from 6 to 9 p.m.
First Fridays maps are available at all venues. Free trolley rides run from 6 to 10 p.m. For more information, visit www.auroradowntown.org.
Aurora Downtown is a nonprofit group of business and property owners within Special Service Area #One that is dedicated to making downtown Aurora a premier destination for arts, culture, entertainment, dining, living, and working. Learn more at www.auroradowntown.com.