The Salvation Army Tri-City Corps, the largest social service provider, will host registration for Thanksgiving and Christmas food and gift distribution starting Saturday, Nov. 4, to assist families in need.
Individuals and families living in the Tri-Cities area with the ZIP codes of 60174, 60175, 60134, 60510, 60183 and 60184 can apply. Spanish translators will be available.
Individuals are asked to bring the appropriate documentation and must be 18 years and older to register. The organization encourages that children not be in attendance due to the lengthy registration process.
Upcoming registration dates will be: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 4; 1 to 3:30 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 5; and 9 to 11 a.m. every Wednesday, from Nov. 8 to Dec. 6, at The Salvation Army Tri-City Corps, 1710 S. Seventh Ave., St. Charles.
Attendees need to bring:
• A valid photo ID for all adults in the household including person registering such as state ID, driver's license or Matricula Consular Card;
• Current utility bill, lease or mortgage statement of the person registering for proof of residency. Letters from landlords and/or roommates will not be accepted;
• 30-day, one month, proof of all current household income such as pay stubs, Social Security Disability, Supplemental Security Income, pension, child support, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, unemployment, etc. for all adults 18 years or older living in the household;
• Birth certificates for all children in the household age 17 or younger;
• List of child(ren's) sizes in clothing, shoes and their toy wish list.
Incomplete information will result in application NOT being processed.
For more information, call The Salvation Army Tri-City Corps at (630) 377-2769.
Funding is provided through the red kettle bellringing effort, so volunteer bellringers are needed and appreciated. Individuals, families, service clubs, churches, businesses and schools can sign up online at www.registertoring.com or by calling Deanna at (630) 377-2769, ext. 201.
The Salvation Army Angel Tree program and Jim Wheeler Toys for Kids programs provide clothing, toys, books, coats and mittens for children in need. To be a sponsor or to donate goods, call Senaida, Pam or Gloria at (630) 377-2769.
In 2015, The Salvation Army celebrated its 150th worldwide anniversary and 130 years of service in the Chicago area. As one of the largest direct providers of social services in the state of Illinois, The Salvation Army operates 29 corps community centers, as well as other facilities in neighborhoods across the greater Chicago area, offering shelter, meals, child care, disaster relief, after-school programs, recreational activities, music education and more.