Learn about the College of Lake County's Lakeshore Campus, including available courses, career programs and student services, at an open house on Oct. 4 from 6-8 p.m. at 33 N. Genesee St. in Waukegan.
College representatives will provide information on the following:
• CLC's 180 degree and certificate programs, including three healthcare programs offered at Lakeshore: dental hygiene, medical office assisting and phlebotomy.
• The college's Guaranteed Transfer Admission program with 22 four-year colleges and universities.
• The Adult Education and ESL division, which provides educational opportunities to adults who have not acquired a high school diploma or want to learn English.
• Internships and other practical work opportunities with local companies.
• Campus support services such as admissions, counseling, tutoring, financial aid, testing and the Children's Learning Center.
The Open House also will offer free refreshments and the chance to win prizes. For more information on the Lakeshore Campus, visit www.clcillinois.edu/lakeshore or call (847) 543-2191. For a list of late-starting classes, including ones offered at Lakeshore, visit www.clcillinois.edu/latestart.