Add free AMITA Health screenings to your autumn agenda.
Free screenings are offered most Wednesdays this fall through a partnership between Schaumburg Park District and AMITA Health.
During the screenings, an AMITA nurse will check blood pressure, perform body fat/body analysis and assess stroke risk.
"With a shared goal of improving overall health and wellness, we're fortunate to be able to partner with AMITA on these services and make these screenings available to our patrons and the community," said Charissa Tischhauser, fitness supervisor for the District. "The screenings offer insight and increase awareness on a variety of common medical issues, in hopes of preserving and improving patrons' health and wellness."
Cholesterol screenings will be available Sept. 20 and Oct. 25 by appointment only. Registration is available at amitahealth.org/cholesterolscreening.
Fall screenings include:
• 8-11 a.m., Sept. 13, Community Recreation Center, 505 N. Springinsguth Road
• 8-11 a.m., Sept. 20, Community Recreation Center (Cholesterol screening)
• 4-7 p.m., Sept. 27, Schaumburg Tennis Plus, 1416 N. Payne Road
• 8-11 a.m., Oct. 4, Community Recreation Center
• 8-11 a.m., Oct. 11, Meineke Recreation Center, 220 E. Weathersfield Way
• 4-7 p.m., Oct. 25, Schaumburg Tennis Plus (Cholesterol screening)
For more information, call (847) 490-7020 or visit parkfun.com.