Select an RSS feed from the list below
- Top DailyHerald.com headlines
- Top DailyHerald.com Sports headlines
- Top DailyHerald.com Business headlines
- Top DailyHerald.com Life & Entertainment headlines
View the complete list of DailyHerald.com RSS links |
Does the value of your home affect how you vote?Updated Sep 28, 2016 2:24 PM Do home values have any significance when it comes to presidential elections? Not directly. However, almost certainly home values — and the rate at which they appreciate — have some subtle impact on homeowners’ outlooks.
Inspection report is not a repair list for sellers Posted Sep 30, 2016 6:00 AM
Q. Before buying our home, we hired a home inspector to make a complete repair list for the sellers. He did a very thorough job, but the inspection was a waste of money because the seller refused to fix anything. The inspection report listed problems...
Home builders also sell lifestyles Posted Sep 30, 2016 6:00 AM
Whether it’s a science, emotion or combination of each, many homebuyers choose a specific community based on their values, interests and the kind of life they want to live.
Elgin Tower Building groundbreaking sparks memories, excitement Updated Sep 30, 2016 12:07 AM
The first apartments in the Elgin Tower Building are expected to be ready March 1, with the project completed by May 1. The building’s groundbreaking was Thursday.
- More articles
- Make Island Lake beautiful, plant an iris
- Darwin brokers sale of Buffalo Grove building
- NAI Hiffman completes three sale transactions
- US pending home sales slump in August
- Zurich’s new Schaumburg HQ impresses on opening day
- McShane moves HQ within Rosemont
- Images: Tour the new Zurich North America’s Schaumburg headquarters
- An inside look at Zurich North America’s ‘masterpiece’ headquarters
- Inland Real Estate Acquisitions purchases N. Carolina apartments
- Schaumburg wants to buy offices to clear way for entertainment district
- Public review begins for long-planned subdivision in Libertyville
- US home prices climbed again in July
- NAI Hiffman represents seller in St. Charles building sale
- Brennan buys Lombard’s Woodlake
- Sales of new homes tumbled 7.6 percent in August
- Inland Bank hires seven commercial lending executives
- For the first time in years, incomes are rising faster than home values
- Carpet rockers are late-Victorian vintage
- Create a spring garden now by planting flowering bulbs
- Perennials offer colorful fall foliage
- Oak Park couple create haven in Central Illinois
inside Real Estate
Top Headlines on DailyHerald.com
News from Zillow
Celebrity Real Estate: Reba McEntire, Michael J. Fox, Brian Wilson Posted Sep 13, 2016
Celebrity Real Estate: Michael Phelps and Joel McHale Posted Sep 2, 2016
Celebrity Real Estate: Seth Meyers, John Legend, Stella McCartney Posted Aug 26, 2016
Celebrity Real Estate: Kelsey Grammer, David Geffen, Craig Newmark Posted Aug 9, 2016
Celebrity Real Estate: Donald Trump, Kevin Jonas, Merv Griffin Posted Jul 22, 2016
Celebrity Real Estate: Christie Brinkely, Scottie Pippen, Matt Lauer Posted Jul 15, 2016
Celebrity Real Estate: Cher, Ben Stiller, Hope Solo Posted Jul 8, 2016
Celebrity Real Estate: Puff Daddy, Playboy Mansion, Rebel Wilson Posted Jun 24, 2016
Celebrity Real Estate: Salma Hayek, Beyonce, Kylie Jenner Posted Jun 6, 2016
Celebrity Real Estate: Alan Cumming and Colin Powell Posted May 19, 2016
Check closely: 'Perfect' home may have hidden flawsYou fell in love with the kitchen and the back yard is perfect. But don't get too caught up in your excitement to overlook serious red flags when shopping for your next home.
How to stand out among rising home valuesHome sales are up during the first half of 2016 compared with the same period last year. And the average sales price is up for many suburbs when compared with the first six months of last year. Bottom line? It's a thriving market and trending upward.
Market rebound strongest on lower endDenise Curry of Baird & Warner Real Estate in Palatine has been selling homes and properties for a decade so she has seen a lot of ups and downs in the market. It was flying high when she started in 2007, then quickly sunk into the depths of the recession. Now it is on a wobbly rebound.