Select an RSS feed from the list below
- Top DailyHerald.com headlines
- Top DailyHerald.com Sports headlines
- Top DailyHerald.com Business headlines
- Top DailyHerald.com Life & Entertainment headlines
View the complete list of DailyHerald.com RSS links |
Sleek, slim surfaces make a room feel largerUpdated Nov 20, 2015 4:20 PM When you are fighting for every square inch, think slim. Each design element needs to be as simple and as thin as possible. This means tops, sides and depths of cabinets should be kept on the minimal side. Avoid extra thicknesses and heavy design...
Replacing ceiling tiles with drywall may be worth effort Posted Nov 22, 2015 1:00 AM
Q. After reading the Sunday comics, I have been reading your home repair consulting column for years. It has always been interesting and helpful.
Savvy shoppers choose Christmas on the Fox Posted Nov 22, 2015 1:00 AM
Make holiday decorating easier this year Posted Nov 21, 2015 7:15 AM
Some people find holiday decorating enjoyable and eagerly anticipate taking out storage containers and sorting through all of their memory-laden trinkets, while others are less enthusiastic about readying their homes for the season. No matter which group...
- More articles
- Homeownership is not for everyone
- Homes fit for man and beast
- Like not having a kitchen because you don’t like to cook
- How to become a community association manager
- As weather cools, good deals on homes and household items heat up
- FHA reforms don’t rescue condo buyers
- When to negotiate repairs with sellers
- Decorating: Why not white?
- Grandmother’s Roseville vase a timely find
- Thinking outside the box for extra storage space
- Bar carts let the good times roll
- Modern touches keep your holiday decorations fresh
- Five houseplants anyone can grow
- Plant bulbs in containers to get a start on spring
- Front halls, hallways can be visually inviting
- Managing surplus assessments
- Book offers tips for living in limited space
- Flowers give old Detroit house a spooky beauty
- Get into the holiday spirit with creative vignettes
- Portraits capture heirlooms worth preserving
- Inexpensive home warranties benefit sellers and buyers alike
inside Real Estate
Top Headlines on DailyHerald.com
News from Zillow
Market Rates Unlikely to Move Due to Europe, Inflation Posted Nov 20, 2015
Celebrity Real Estate: Neil Young, Diane Keaton, Tim Allen Posted Nov 13, 2015
Celebrity Real Estate: Bruce Springsteen, Jonah Hill, Roger Ebert Posted Nov 6, 2015
Celebrity Real Estate: John McEnroe, Yolanda Foster, David Foster Posted Oct 30, 2015
Celebrity Real Estate: Angelina Jolie, Britney Spears, Robin Williams Posted Oct 23, 2015
Celebrity Real Estate: Dave Grohl, Amy Irving, Betsey Johnson Posted Oct 16, 2015
Mortgage Rates Fall to Low Levels Posted Sep 25, 2015
Celebrity Real Estate: Sela Ward, Kathleen Turner, Richard Gere Posted Sep 18, 2015
Celebrity Real Estate: Norah Jones, Julianne Moore, Melanie Griffith, Antonio Banderas Posted Sep 11, 2015
Celebrity Real Estate: Neil Young, Tracy Morgan, Marc Anthony Posted Sep 1, 2015
Treetime inspires holiday traditionsTreetime Christmas Creations is a magical, fantasy Christmas showroom that changes each year in an effort to keep people coming back to see what they have done differently, according to Laurie and Joe Kane, the seasonal business’s owners. “We would like Treetime to become people’s yearly Christmas destination. We want to be everything Christmas for them,” Laurie Kane said.
River Glen sprouts up on farmland in LibertyvilleThe beautiful two-mile stretch of property just south of Route 120 along River Road in Libertyville is getting a new community of 65 custom, single-family homes called River Glen. These houses will be built on one of the last remaining parcels in that sought-after area, said Mark Loeb, owner of Interlacken Construction.
Quick way to a new bathroomBath Planet of Chicagoland, based in Streamwood, offers stylish, cost-effective, low-maintenance acrylic bath improvements. Many Bath Planet products install right over the existing, ugly wall tile and chipped or faded tubs and shower stalls, providing maximum cost effectiveness and minimal mess.