Select an RSS feed from the list below
- Top DailyHerald.com headlines
- Top DailyHerald.com Sports headlines
- Top DailyHerald.com Business headlines
- Top DailyHerald.com Life & Entertainment headlines
View the complete list of DailyHerald.com RSS links |
Does the value of your home affect how you vote?Updated Sep 28, 2016 2:24 PM Do home values have any significance when it comes to presidential elections? Not directly. However, almost certainly home values — and the rate at which they appreciate — have some subtle impact on homeowners’ outlooks.
Inspection report is not a repair list for sellers Posted Sep 30, 2016 6:00 AM
Q. Before buying our home, we hired a home inspector to make a complete repair list for the sellers. He did a very thorough job, but the inspection was a waste of money because the seller refused to fix anything. The inspection report listed problems...
Make Island Lake beautiful, plant an iris Updated Sep 29, 2016 2:21 PM
A botanical beautification project in Island Lake will get under way Saturday — but it’s already more successful than organizers envisioned.
Carpet rockers are late-Victorian vintage Posted Sep 25, 2016 7:01 AM
Q. I would like to know the value and vintage of these rocking chairs. They have been in my family for almost 100 years. They are made of walnut and were originally covered with a rug-like material. I had them restored. There is a marking on the bottom...
- More articles
- Create a spring garden now by planting flowering bulbs
- Perennials offer colorful fall foliage
- Oak Park couple create haven in Central Illinois
- Hairy vetch a boon to tomatoes
- Garden preparations begin now before the snow flies
- Plant now for spring bulbs
- Setting a realistic asking price for a home
- Mortgage interest rate fundamentals
- Four tips to expertly measure your windows
- How to choose and hang the perfect curtains for your home
- Think of interest as rent
- Black is back (but it never left)
- Tech investors offer cash for future home equity
- Wildwood man transforms yard to desert
- A sneak peek at the homes you’ll see on the Batavia House Walk
- Get ready for fall warmth
- How old are you? Where are you from?
- How much you need to make to buy a house
- Museum collections inspire design and decor
- A collectible you can bank on
- Annuals add color to the fall landscape
inside Real Estate
Top Headlines on DailyHerald.com
News from Zillow
Celebrity Real Estate: Reba McEntire, Michael J. Fox, Brian Wilson Posted Sep 13, 2016
Celebrity Real Estate: Michael Phelps and Joel McHale Posted Sep 2, 2016
Celebrity Real Estate: Seth Meyers, John Legend, Stella McCartney Posted Aug 26, 2016
Celebrity Real Estate: Kelsey Grammer, David Geffen, Craig Newmark Posted Aug 9, 2016
Celebrity Real Estate: Donald Trump, Kevin Jonas, Merv Griffin Posted Jul 22, 2016
Celebrity Real Estate: Christie Brinkely, Scottie Pippen, Matt Lauer Posted Jul 15, 2016
Celebrity Real Estate: Cher, Ben Stiller, Hope Solo Posted Jul 8, 2016
Celebrity Real Estate: Puff Daddy, Playboy Mansion, Rebel Wilson Posted Jun 24, 2016
Celebrity Real Estate: Salma Hayek, Beyonce, Kylie Jenner Posted Jun 6, 2016
Celebrity Real Estate: Alan Cumming and Colin Powell Posted May 19, 2016
Check closely: 'Perfect' home may have hidden flawsYou fell in love with the kitchen and the back yard is perfect. But don't get too caught up in your excitement to overlook serious red flags when shopping for your next home.
How to stand out among rising home valuesHome sales are up during the first half of 2016 compared with the same period last year. And the average sales price is up for many suburbs when compared with the first six months of last year. Bottom line? It's a thriving market and trending upward.
Market rebound strongest on lower endDenise Curry of Baird & Warner Real Estate in Palatine has been selling homes and properties for a decade so she has seen a lot of ups and downs in the market. It was flying high when she started in 2007, then quickly sunk into the depths of the recession. Now it is on a wobbly rebound.