Select an RSS feed from the list below
- Top DailyHerald.com headlines
- Top DailyHerald.com Sports headlines
- Top DailyHerald.com Business headlines
- Top DailyHerald.com Life & Entertainment headlines
View the complete list of DailyHerald.com RSS links |
Getting fresh air into the houseUpdated Feb 5, 2016 3:45 PM It is not uncommon for indoor air in an energy-efficient house to be more polluted and unhealthy than outdoor air. Household products such as cleaners and synthetic materials emit unhealthy chemicals.
Botched closing results in added expenses Posted Feb 7, 2016 1:00 AM
Q. My wife and I were scheduled to close on our new home a few weeks ago. The sale of our old home was scheduled in the morning and our buy was scheduled that same day in the afternoon. Everything looked fine up to the day of the closing.
Bathroom tiles can be painted Posted Feb 7, 2016 1:00 AM
Q. Is it possible to paint vinyl bathroom tiles and get a finish that does not scratch or wear off? If so, what type of paint do you suggest?
Down payment on a home determines need for mortgage insurance Posted Feb 6, 2016 1:00 AM
I set out recently to write about a new program of down payment insurance, but quickly realized that such an article should be prefaced by another one that clarified what the down payment is and what it is not.
- More articles
- Home seller’s tax break on duplex is more complicated
- Recent case clarifies foreclosures and assessments
- Goal of ‘opening credit box’ still elusive
- Board lacked authority to enter three-year management agreement
- Assumed repair costs for damaged floor
- Playboy mansion, tornadoes and IRS issues are on readers’ minds
- Are some realty agents hyping their numbers?
- Apartment complex proposed for former St. Charles Mall site
- Medical building to open on Randall in Geneva
- How to successfully appeal your property assessment
- Explore all exterior drainage options before making choice
- Life annuities and HECM reverse mortgages as tools for protecting retirees
- There are hazards to being co-owner of a home
- Summary of new Ombudsperson Act
- It’s time to hang up the handyman tool belt
- Summary of condominium property act changes for 2016
- Short sale provides more time in the home
- Go for the brush over spray when painting stone hearth
- Paying the broker brings more than potential buyers
- How retirees can avoid running out of money
- Give your garage a fresh new look
inside Real Estate
- Why The Old House New House Home Show will only be held once this year
- Keep logs outside until you’re ready to burn them
- Add that extra bit of sophistication and depth to a home
- Arborvitaes are workhorses in the landscape
- Your home’s interiors should be a reflection of your taste
Top Headlines on DailyHerald.com
News from Zillow
Celebrity Real Estate: Maya Angelou and Tyler Posey Posted Feb 5, 2016
Celebrity Real Estate: Louis C.K., Bradley Cooper, Frankie Muniz Posted Jan 29, 2016
Celebrity Real Estate: Tina Fey, Carole King, Bobbi Kristina Posted Jan 22, 2016
Mortgage Rates Drop After New Year Celebrations Posted Jan 6, 2016
Celebrity Real Estate: Kardashians, Terry Bradshaw, Liev Schreiber Posted Dec 18, 2015
Celebrity Real Estate: Taraji P. Henson, Kerry Washington, Brangelina Posted Dec 11, 2015
Celebrity Real Estate: Selena Gomez and Adam Carolla Posted Dec 4, 2015
Market Rates Unlikely to Move Due to Europe, Inflation Posted Nov 20, 2015
Celebrity Real Estate: Neil Young, Diane Keaton, Tim Allen Posted Nov 13, 2015
Celebrity Real Estate: Bruce Springsteen, Jonah Hill, Roger Ebert Posted Nov 6, 2015
Taylor Morrison hits its stride quickly after acquisitionTaylor Morrison, a New York Stock Exchange-traded homebuilder based in Scottsdale, Arizona, entered the Chicago market last July by purchasing Orleans Homes’ holdings here. The transition has gone smoothly, says Bob Meyn, formerly the Midwest director of sales and marketing for Orleans, who now serves as vice president for the Chicago division of Taylor Morrison.
A new kitchen boosts home’s sales appealHomeowners are choosing to remodel their kitchens again after a retrenching and slow down that lasted about eight years. Barbara Quatroke, owner of Q’s Cabinet Shoppe in Naperville, said customers are once again streaming in the door and looking for ideas about how to update their kitchens.