Select an RSS feed from the list below
- Top DailyHerald.com headlines
- Top DailyHerald.com Sports headlines
- Top DailyHerald.com Business headlines
- Top DailyHerald.com Life & Entertainment headlines
View the complete list of DailyHerald.com RSS links |
New mortgage lending rules bring mixed resultsUpdated May 26, 2016 10:03 AM Eight months into the most comprehensive and challenging set of rule changes affecting homebuyers and sellers in more than four decades, how’s it all going? The preliminary results are rolling in and they’re mixed. There’s strong...
Two kinds of electrical safety Posted May 27, 2016 3:00 AM
Q. I’ve seen ground fault outlets (GFCIs) in bathrooms and garages for many years, but now I’m hearing about arc fault breakers (AFCIs) for bedroom outlets, and I’m wondering what this is all about. I asked an electrician friend, but...
Financial risks can remain long after divorcing homeowners split up Posted May 27, 2016 3:00 AM
Special concerns are involved when a couple divorce but one spouse wants to stay in their longtime home.
Borax is a useful tool in the ongoing fight against ants Posted May 22, 2016 3:00 AM
An effective bait to get rid of many insect pests is to mix borax with sugar and place the mixture in small containers, like jelly, jam or peanut butter caps, or clean tuna fish cans, in places safe from children and pets, such as along walls where you...
- More articles
- Board ignores its own harship provision
- Association boards must follow village ordinances
- How much to offer for a house?
- Savings discipline is both plentiful and scarce
- Bizarre real estate laws affect homeowners, renters in every state
- Is FHA reviving its condo financing?
- Often no permit exists for converted garage
- Earnest money in limbo after buyers back out
- Assuring price integrity in a dysfunctional market
- Potential buyers often ask for contingencies
- Communication window opens wider in June
- Realtors face legal challenges over websites
- If you plan to start loan-shopping soon, get your paperwork together now
- What to inspect in an attic
- Fiberglass front doors can be more efficient than solid wood
- Options to consider when you don’t qualify for a mortgage
- Investing in land can be a mistake
- What’s the correct number of board members?
- How to deal with noisy neighbors
- Damaged air ducts not reported
- Congress weighs tax bill to help community associations
inside Real Estate
Top Headlines on DailyHerald.com
News from Zillow
Celebrity Real Estate: Alan Cumming and Colin Powell Posted May 19, 2016
Investor Fears Lead to Drop in Mortgage Rates Posted May 13, 2016
Celebrity Real Estate: Jonah Hill and Mickey Drexler Posted May 6, 2016
Celebrity Real Estate: Phil Lesh and Don Cheadle Posted Apr 29, 2016
Celebrity Real Estate: Judy Blume, Jillian Michaels, Marvin Hamlisch Posted Apr 22, 2016
Celebrity Real Estate: Benji Madden, Keith Olbermann, Moby Posted Apr 15, 2016
Celebrity Real Estate: Britney Spears, John Cusack, Ice-T, Kathleen Turner Posted Apr 8, 2016
Celebrity Real Estate: Brooke Shields, Shirley Jones, Ashley Benson Posted Apr 1, 2016
Celebrity Real Estate: Alicia Keys, Kesha, Fred Armisen Posted Mar 25, 2016
Celebrity Real Estate: Charlie Sheen, Katie Couric, Stockard Channing Posted Mar 18, 2016
Fashionable fixtures are in styleLighting does much more than provide illumination. It literally defines a space. The type of lighting chosen and the way it is placed within a room work with the wall color, furniture, floor materials and other attributes, such as windows and doors, to determine the character of a given space.
Prevent air conditioning problems this summerAir conditioners are about to be switched on for the warm summer months so it is time to get them serviced and prepared for the hard work they will do. Eric Noack, service manager of the heating, ventilation and cooling division of ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling, Electric, has some tips to keep your system functioning well during the heat of the summer.
HomeWerks opens new showroom in NapervilleFor the past 20 years, HomeWerks has been renovating and improving Chicago-area homes. The Orland Park-based firm recently opened a new showroom in Naperville.