Select an RSS feed from the list below
- Top DailyHerald.com headlines
- Top DailyHerald.com Sports headlines
- Top DailyHerald.com Business headlines
- Top DailyHerald.com Life & Entertainment headlines
View the complete list of DailyHerald.com RSS links |
Keep the cold air out with these simple tipsUpdated Jan 30, 2015 9:54 AM If you are finding drafty spots that you missed when insulating and weatherstripping your home during the fall, never fear. There still are some things you can do from the inside of your home to make it more comfy on those cold, drafty days.
Heirs receive updated cost basis at time of death Posted Jan 31, 2015 12:01 AM
Q. My father died last year and left his children his home under a life estate. We sold the home in June and were told by our attorney that if we sold the house within 12 months, our basis would equal the selling price and as a result, no capital gains...
State can involuntarily dissolve association Posted Jan 31, 2015 12:01 AM
Q. I was looking at the Illinois Secretary of State’s website, and it indicates that our homeowner association, a not for profit corporation, was involuntarily dissolved. What does this mean, and can it be corrected?
Reverse mortgage borrowers will have to prove they are not deadbeats Posted Jan 31, 2015 12:00 AM
One of the attractive features of the HECM reverse mortgage has been that there are no income or credit requirements. But all that will change effective March 2 when a series of drastic new FHA rules come into play.
- More articles
- Millennials jump into the mortgage market
- ‘Tenants-in-common’ is best for unmarried buyers
- Whirlpool tub isn’t meant to be shower
- Cutting countertop is best left to professional installers
- Sale by owner usually means no Realtor commission
- Delinquent owner liable for charges to fix unit
- How can you be certain refinancing will save you money?
- Housing market to make slight gains in 2015
- Consumer agency’s website gets an incomplete grade
- Problems with wet insulation found during inspection
- Give new life to your old carpet
- Constable: Can lingering decorations get you in trouble?
- New owners seek legal help over problem home
- Wait for a warmer season before sealing driveway
- Look for steak, not for sizzle
- The fixed-rate option is different with a reverse mortgages
- How opening interior doors can cut heating bills
- Not all buyers benefit from lower FHA interest rates
- Deconstructing Christmas made easy
- Home inspector goes to small claims court
- Kitchen exhaust is best vented downward
inside Real Estate
Top Headlines on DailyHerald.com
News from Zillow
Celebrity Real Estate: Lena Dunham, Tyra Banks, Donald Rumsfeld Posted Jan 30, 2015
Mortgage Rates Remain Flat, Hold Near 20-Month Lows Posted Jan 23, 2015
Celebrity Real Estate: Faith Hill, Tim McGraw, Jason Bateman, Scott Disick Posted Jan 16, 2015
Celebrity Real Estate: Ellen, Beyonce, Jay Z, Kanye Posted Jan 8, 2015
Celebrity Real Estate: Patrick Dempsey, Robert De Niro, Nick Nolte Posted Dec 31, 2014
Celebrity Real Estate: Bruce Willis, Rosie O'Donnell, Andy Garcia Posted Dec 19, 2014
Celebrity Real Estate: Moby, Ozzie and Harriet Home Posted Dec 12, 2014
Celebrity Real Estate: Ringo Starr, Idina Menzel, Mickey Rooney Posted Dec 5, 2014
Mortgage Rates Ease Following Weak European Economic Data Posted Nov 26, 2014
Celebrity Real Estate: Lauren Bacall, Robert Pattinson, Debra Messing Posted Nov 26, 2014
full story »Builder sees a much different market emergeThe home construction business has fundamentally changed in the Chicago area since the recession hit in 2008, said Andy Konovodoff, president of the Chicago division of K. Hovnanian Homes.
full story »Owner reveals reasoning behind Black Diamond nameRick Sperando was a licensed journeyman plumber with many years of experience working for big name companies when he decided to strike out on his own in 1999. One of his first hurdles as a business owner was to come up with a suitable company name: Black Diamond Plumbing.
full story »Further rebound anticipated in the 'burbsThe phones are ringing off the hook at Century 21 Langos and Christian in Mount Prospect. "We had a great October through December in 2014 and we are expecting 2015 to be even better because the market is strong,” said Roseann Schumacher, broker and owner.