Select an RSS feed from the list below
- Top DailyHerald.com headlines
- Top DailyHerald.com Sports headlines
- Top DailyHerald.com Business headlines
- Top DailyHerald.com Life & Entertainment headlines
View the complete list of DailyHerald.com RSS links |
Schaumburg’s Schweikher house open for toursUpdated Oct 6, 2015 8:25 AM Schaumburg's unique Schweikher house will be open for tours on Saturday, Oct. 10. Built in 1938, its designer, Paul Schweikher, is considered to have been in the forefront of modern style.
Removing stucco stains requires a soft-bristle touch Posted Oct 4, 2015 1:00 AM
Q. We have enjoyed your column for many years. We’re planning to sell our gorgeous “painted lady” 1884 Victorian after 40 years.
Board not required to call a discussion meeting of owners before the budget is adopted Posted Oct 3, 2015 1:00 AM
Q. The board of our condominium association is in the process of finalizing next year’s annual budget for adoption. Is the board required to call a meeting of the owners to discuss the proposed budget before the budget is adopted by the board?
Quitclaim deed won’t end mortgage responsibility Posted Oct 2, 2015 1:00 AM
Signing a quitclaim deed will not clear you of the responsibility of making remaining mortgage payments, nor will it stop a lender from foreclosing on the property.
- More articles
- Are home inspectors allowed to open electrical panels?
- Homeowners cash in on equity boom
- Buona Beef may open in Algonquin
- Replacing old shower pan is not the end of world
- Members should vote if they want to remove a board member
- These tile tips truly make the cut
- Sellers, buyers alike should get a ‘C.L.U.E.’
- Many homeowners reap equity boost as prices rise
- Reader asks for recommendation on replacement door
- What happens to a careless agent
- Board member threatens lawsuit
- Questions about down payment requirements
- Getting rid of bothersome fleas
- What to do with asbestos siding
- Some borrowers can’t legally avoid escrow accounts
- Student debt can put a house out of reach
- Only post approved board minutes
- Best deals in September
- How to add a little extra security to a front door
- Are lenders cherry-picking higher FICO scores?
- Tax penalty three years after closing escrow
inside Real Estate
Top Headlines on DailyHerald.com
News from Zillow
Mortgage Rates Fall to Low Levels Posted Sep 25, 2015
Celebrity Real Estate: Sela Ward, Kathleen Turner, Richard Gere Posted Sep 18, 2015
Celebrity Real Estate: Norah Jones, Julianne Moore, Melanie Griffith, Antonio Banderas Posted Sep 11, 2015
Celebrity Real Estate: Neil Young, Tracy Morgan, Marc Anthony Posted Sep 1, 2015
Celebrity Real Estate: Serena Williams, Venus Wlliams, Alicia Keys Posted Aug 28, 2015
Celebrity Real Estate: Donald Trump, Rosie O'Donnell, Dennis Miller Posted Aug 20, 2015
Mortgage Rates Expected to Move Lower Posted Aug 12, 2015
Celebrity Real Estate: Julia Roberts, Hilary Swank, Vince Vaughn, Johnny Galecki Posted Aug 7, 2015
Celebrity Real Estate: Donald Trump, Mike Huckabee, Sia Posted Jul 30, 2015
Celebrity Real Estate: Beck, Taraji P. Henson, Facebook Co-Founder Chris Hughes Posted Jul 24, 2015
Ranch homes have a growing appealRock Creek Development in Huntley took a chance during the recession and purchased 220 acres of land at a good price and launched a homebuilding company. It chose to capitalize on the popularity of Huntley with empty-nesters and retirees by primarily building semi-custom ranch homes at its Henning Estates community.
Designers find perfect rugs in PalatineAs oriental rugs gain in popularity again, these savvy designers are making the trip to the Northwest suburbs to shop for their clients at Rugport, 23 S. Northwest Hwy., because Rugport is a direct importer and manufacturer with rug factories in both India and Pakistan.
More empty-nesters moving away from the cityRealtors along the Randall Road/Route 47 corridor, which includes Huntley, Hampshire, Elgin, Lake-in-the-Hills, Algonquin, Gilberts and other communities, are rejoicing as they experience a 21-percent jump in sales over last year at this time, said Tom Hall, real estate agent with Huntley Realty.