Jun 15 2016 | 12:57 pm
- Located in the rolling hills of northwest Cook County, Inverness isn’t your typical suburb. The village, incorporated in 1962, is known for its distinctive homes, large lots and scenic streets.
Jan 04 2016 | 12:45 pm
- Lake effect snow showers could move into portions of Lake and Cook counties between 8:30-10 this morning, the National Weather Service is reporting.
Jun 18 2015 | 2:11 pm
- You cheered. You tweeted. Here's a recap of what Chicago Blackhawks fans were doing on Twitter during the Stanley Cup rally and parade in Chicago.
Jun 08 2015 | 4:42 pm
- The National Weather Service’s latest severe thunderstorm warning is for Kane and Kendall counties until 5:30 p.m.
Jun 03 2015 | 7:23 pm
- The Tampa Bay Lightning organization is not allowing people outside Florida to buy tickets to the Stanley Cup Finals games. They also can't wear Blackhawks jerseys in certain parts of the stadium. And the rules are upsetting Blackhawks fans.
Mar 15 2015 | 8:04 am
- The forecast for St. Patrick's Day weekend looks great, with highs in the low 60s both days, according to weather.com. No rain is in the forecast for either day, and winds should be between 10-15 mph both days.
Mar 03 2015 | 10:51 am
- A winter weather advisory remains in effect and snowfall is starting accumulate in the Chicago suburbs. The advisory is set to expire at noon today, but not before it's anticipated to deposit between 1 and 2 inches of snow in the suburban area. The...
Feb 25 2015 | 3:00 pm
- Light snow could move into the area this afternoon and early evening, accuweather.com is reporting. The snow should taper off overnight with accumulations of 1-3 inches possible.
Feb 24 2015 | 2:10 pm
- Former Governor James R. Thompson is retiring from Wiston & Strawn law firm at the end of next year, Crain's Chicago Business is reporting. Thompson, who served as governor from 1977 to 1991, joined the firm 25 years ago.
Feb 18 2015 | 1:56 pm
- Highs the next several days will struggle to break out of the single digits, the National Weather service is forecasting. A wind chill advisory is set to take effect at 6 p.m. today and last until noon Thursday.