Nov 21 2014 | 1:23 pm
- When Lazarus House began serving a free Thanksgiving feast in 1998, the majority of guests were clients, staffers and volunteers. Over the course of 16 years, it's evolved into a community event that serves between 350 and 400 in St. Charles.
Nov 18 2014 | 2:13 pm
- Modern music will breathe new life into the legends of King Arthur and Camelot this weekend, when Children’s Theatre of Elgin stages “The Sword in the Stone.” Shows are at 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday, Nov. 21-22, and 2 p.m.
Nov 05 2014 | 5:02 pm
- Audiences will be transported to the land where dreams come true when Rosary High School and Marmion Academy join in a production of “Cinderella, the Enchanted Edition” at Rosary High School’s McEnroe Auditorium. Performances...
Sep 25 2014 | 6:42 am
- Although each of the five homes on the Batavia MainStreet House Walk is special, organizers expect one in particular to be popular — it's a Frank Lloyd Wright home. The eighth annual house walk, which includes a tea at Water Street Studios,...
Aug 27 2014 | 9:57 pm
- Geneva will come alive with story and song this weekend, when the 38th annual Fox Valley Folk Music and Storytelling Festival takes place at Island Park.
Aug 27 2014 | 12:04 pm
- An expanded wine tasting, a combined business and craft showcase and additional unlimited carnival ride times are some of the changes to Lake in the Hills’ Summer Sunset Festival. The 14th annual festival, which runs Friday, Aug. 29 through...
May 27 2014 | 3:25 pm
- More kids activities and a shuttle bus service are new additions to this year's Gilberts Community Days festival, which runs Thursday to Sunday, May 29-June 1, in Town Square Park.
May 21 2014 | 9:03 am
- The 37th annual Elgin Fox Trot steps off from downtown Elgin with the first of two races and a 2-mile walk at 7:30 a.m. Saturday. The courses all begin in the Center City area and take runners through historic neighborhoods as well as the winding...
May 19 2014 | 1:46 pm
- The musical “Godspell,” with music and lyrics by Stephen Schwartz, who later composed “Wicked,” made its debut in 1971. Forty-three years later, it’s being brought to the stage in the Fox Valley by Spotlight Youth...
Apr 14 2014 | 9:30 am
- South Elgin High School's talent contest took place Thursday, April 10. The two top finishers from SEHS -- and the four other high schools in the district -- will advance to TalentFest 2014, set for 7 p.m. Tuesday, April 15, at the Hemmens in Elgin.