Oct 11 2016 | 3:31 pm
- Principal Steve Johnson believes that in order for kids to succeed, they need to spend more time reading.
Aug 30 2016 | 3:17 pm
- Maple Park Fun Fest, which started 18 years ago as a local softball tournament, has grown to include a variety of events for kids and adults, but its biggest draw might be its small-town, rural charm.
Apr 19 2016 | 3:08 pm
- Student actors with a great sense of humor are a natural fit for Jacobs High School’s production of “The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon.”
Apr 08 2016 | 11:43 am
- Technology has become integral as a teaching tool. “In my classroom, we use laptops for research, journaling, and collaborating throughout the writing process,” said Robbin Dodson, who teaches English and language arts at Jefferson...
Mar 14 2016 | 1:14 pm
- Although he’s only been a teacher for two years, Conrad Rogers is a favorite with his biology students at Jacobs High School in Algonquin, who praise him for the way he makes complicated concepts easy to understand.
Dec 09 2015 | 3:24 pm
- Lovers of Charles Dickens "A Christmas Carol" have an opportunity to get their Scrooge on, faster than ever. Playhouse 38's production of "Scrooge's Christmas" is a shortened adaptation of the classic that gets right to the heart of the lessons...
Nov 25 2015 | 8:27 am
- For 12 years, Geneva’s State Street Dance Studio has been staging a production of “The Nutcracker” every holiday season. This year, the show has been updated with new choreography, scenery, a charity appearance, and even a new...
Sep 08 2015 | 2:10 pm
- “Wait Until Dark” is a supsense thriller that made its debut on stage and in film nearly 50 years ago. Elgin Theatre Company’s production of “Wait Until Dark” debuts on Friday, Sept. 11, and promises to keep...
Sep 01 2015 | 1:20 pm
- Juel Ulven of Aurora, the founder of the Fox Valley Folklore Society, is proud of the depth and variety of performers featured at this year’s Fox Valley Folk Music and Storytelling Festival.“We’re the largest folk festival in...
May 12 2015 | 3:10 pm
- The Batavia Fine Arts Centre will be transformed into a jungle this weekend, when Spotlight Youth Theater Aurora presents “Disney’s Tarzan.” Performances are Friday through Sunday, May 15-17, and tickets, $9-$14, are available...