Sep 25 2014 | 6:42 am
- Although each of the five homes on the Batavia MainStreet House Walk is special, organizers expect one in particular to be popular — it's a Frank Lloyd Wright home. The eighth annual house walk, which includes a tea at Water Street Studios,...
Aug 27 2014 | 9:57 pm
- Geneva will come alive with story and song this weekend, when the 38th annual Fox Valley Folk Music and Storytelling Festival takes place at Island Park.
Aug 27 2014 | 12:04 pm
- An expanded wine tasting, a combined business and craft showcase and additional unlimited carnival ride times are some of the changes to Lake in the Hills’ Summer Sunset Festival. The 14th annual festival, which runs Friday, Aug. 29 through...
May 27 2014 | 3:25 pm
- More kids activities and a shuttle bus service are new additions to this year's Gilberts Community Days festival, which runs Thursday to Sunday, May 29-June 1, in Town Square Park.
May 21 2014 | 9:03 am
- The 37th annual Elgin Fox Trot steps off from downtown Elgin with the first of two races and a 2-mile walk at 7:30 a.m. Saturday. The courses all begin in the Center City area and take runners through historic neighborhoods as well as the winding...
May 19 2014 | 1:46 pm
- The musical “Godspell,” with music and lyrics by Stephen Schwartz, who later composed “Wicked,” made its debut in 1971. Forty-three years later, it’s being brought to the stage in the Fox Valley by Spotlight Youth...
Apr 14 2014 | 9:30 am
- South Elgin High School's talent contest took place Thursday, April 10. The two top finishers from SEHS -- and the four other high schools in the district -- will advance to TalentFest 2014, set for 7 p.m. Tuesday, April 15, at the Hemmens in Elgin.
Apr 10 2014 | 12:36 pm
- Springtime is musical time at many high schools in the Fox Valley. This weekend is no exception, as at least four schools will present the culmination of many hours of hard work rehearsing and preparing for the show. What goes into putting together...
Feb 25 2014 | 3:44 pm
- Take a trip back in time to the year 1912 in River City, Iowa, when Elgin High School brings the classic musical "The Music Man" to the stage this weekend. "This cast has so much energy and they are such great actors," director Jaclyn Offord said.
Feb 14 2014 | 1:19 pm
- Get ready for highflying musical fun when Spotlight Youth Theater Aurora presents "Peter Pan" at Batavia Fine Arts Centre. The Daily Herald checked in with director Vince Cortese of Aurora to find out more about the show.