Jul 07 2016 | 11:41 am
- Senior Home Sharing, which has homes in Lombard, Downers Grove and Naperville, provides residents 60 and older a more affordable alternative to assisted living in a family-like setting.
May 16 2016 | 9:31 am
- College of DuPage art Professor Jennifer Hereth has done 16 bejeweled works based on UPI photos of Syrian refugees and will use them to raise funds for 30 Syrian refugee families living in the Chicago area. An exhibit of her work opns May 21 at the...
Mar 02 2016 | 9:51 am
- Musical Moms and emcee Todd Busteed, with a host of helpers from College Church in Wheaton, perform their annual Little Patch of Heaven revue to benefit STARS Family Services, which provides group homes for adults with intellectual disabilities.
Feb 01 2016 | 3:08 pm
- When Glen Ellyn resident Vaughan Nesslar saw runners finishing the first marathon held in Disney World, she thought they must be out of their minds to undertake a 26.2-mile race. Now, at the age of 74, she is preparing for her 17th marathon. The...
Nov 21 2015 | 8:29 pm
- Like Santa’s elves, members of the DuPage Woodworkers are busy throughout the year making toys to be delivered to boys and girls at Christmas.
Nov 17 2015 | 6:30 am
- Celebrate the 30th anniversary of "The Polar Express" on Wednesday when author Chris Van Allsburg visits Naperville.
Nov 16 2015 | 1:41 pm
- Helen Woodcock is known for her big smile and she was smiling a lot last week when Sunrise Assisted Living Naperville North celebrated her 105th birthday.
Aug 04 2015 | 11:53 am
- The Midlothian Scottish Pipe Band was founded 40 years ago and is something of a legend in the Midwest. Band members are traveling this month to Scotland to participate in the World Championships.
Apr 27 2015 | 1:05 pm
- Ray Kramer, a landscape and wildlife photographer living in Villa St. Beneict in Lisle, has traveled the world's seven continents shooting cheetahs, toucans, pandas, albatross, polar bears, penguins and bald eagles. He said, “Antarctica was...
Apr 27 2015 | 2:01 pm
- Elmhurst College's Spiritual Life Council will have a petting zoon on campus on April 30 to raise awareness of the efforts to fight global poversty.