Mar 02 2016 | 10:51 am
- Musical Moms and emcee Todd Busteed, with a host of helpers from College Church in Wheaton, perform their annual Little Patch of Heaven revue to benefit STARS Family Services, which provides group homes for adults with intellectual disabilities.
Feb 01 2016 | 4:08 pm
- When Glen Ellyn resident Vaughan Nesslar saw runners finishing the first marathon held in Disney World, she thought they must be out of their minds to undertake a 26.2-mile race. Now, at the age of 74, she is preparing for her 17th marathon. The...
Nov 21 2015 | 9:29 pm
- Like Santa’s elves, members of the DuPage Woodworkers are busy throughout the year making toys to be delivered to boys and girls at Christmas.
Nov 17 2015 | 7:30 am
- Celebrate the 30th anniversary of "The Polar Express" on Wednesday when author Chris Van Allsburg visits Naperville.
Nov 16 2015 | 2:41 pm
- Helen Woodcock is known for her big smile and she was smiling a lot last week when Sunrise Assisted Living Naperville North celebrated her 105th birthday.
Aug 04 2015 | 11:53 am
- The Midlothian Scottish Pipe Band was founded 40 years ago and is something of a legend in the Midwest. Band members are traveling this month to Scotland to participate in the World Championships.
Apr 27 2015 | 1:05 pm
- Ray Kramer, a landscape and wildlife photographer living in Villa St. Beneict in Lisle, has traveled the world's seven continents shooting cheetahs, toucans, pandas, albatross, polar bears, penguins and bald eagles. He said, “Antarctica was...
Apr 27 2015 | 2:01 pm
- Elmhurst College's Spiritual Life Council will have a petting zoon on campus on April 30 to raise awareness of the efforts to fight global poversty.
Apr 14 2015 | 11:07 am
- Dr. Mary Felt, a veterinarian at the DuPage Animal Hospital in Villa Park, has a reputation for always going the extra mile for her patients and their owners. Her can-do attitude was a key factor in her selection as the winner of the national 2014...
Apr 10 2015 | 9:14 am
- After successfully opening its first house for men with intellectual disabilities, STARS Family Services is set to open its second house -- this one for women. Five women who are part of College Church's STARS Ministries are set to move in and one...