Feb 25 2015 | 7:02 pm
- Each week you submit your favorite photo. We pick the best of them and select the finalists. Here are the finalists for the week of Febrary 23.
Nov 12 2014 | 3:56 pm
- Each week, you submit your favorite photo. We pick the best of them and select the finalists. Here are the finalists for the week of November 10.
Oct 30 2014 | 6:33 pm
- This is a time of year when ghosts and goblins frequently take center stage, but on Thursday much more saintly figures were roaming the hallways of St. James the Apostle School in Glen Ellyn. Sixth-graders wore costumes to honor a variety of saints...
Oct 20 2014 | 4:56 pm
- In his 80s, Ray Martin does his best to stay physically active -- though his legs aren't what they used to be. “They’ll never get better, but at least I can keep them from getting worse,” he said. Martin is among about two dozen...
Oct 16 2014 | 5:37 pm
- If you’re looking for a pumpkin that will last for years and already is decorated, you may want to check out Lisle’s HYPERLINK "http://www.mortonarb.org//events/glass-pumpkin-patch"Morton Arboretum this weekend. Starting at 1 p.m.
Aug 06 2014 | 6:55 pm
- Middle school students got the chance to handle real, but nonfunctioning, rocket and missile launchers Wednesday during the First Division Museum’s Military Science Rocket Class at Cantigny Park in Wheaton. After learning the history of...
Apr 29 2014 | 9:54 am
- “It’s not about yourself; it’s about helping other people.” With that one sentence, St. James the Apostle fifth-grader Mickey Schihl captured the spirit of the school’s recent Day of Service project in Glen Ellyn.
Feb 13 2014 | 7:43 pm
- Old-fashioned board games have not lost their appeal for a group of senior citizens who meet monthly at the Bloomingdale Public Library to participate in the Senior Games program. Karen Paras said she’s been coming regularly “because...
Jan 31 2014 | 5:21 pm
- When Longfellow Elementary School gym teacher Barb Williams lost her 28-year-old son to a heart attack, she decided to educate her students about the importance of heart health. So in 2006, she brought the American Heart Association's Jump Rope for...
Nov 18 2013 | 5:21 pm
- A very slow-motion ballet is under way above the streets of downtown Wheaton. Terry Armstrong and Anthony Cibella, members of the city's public works department, are using cherry pickers to maneuver in and around more than 100 trees to install...