Aug 30 2016 | 12:31 pm
- Darren Clarke, captain of Team Europe for the 2016 Ryder Cup matches, said picking former Illini star Thomas Pieters for the team came down to a “gut feeling.” Len Ziehm has more in this weekly golf column.
Aug 23 2016 | 4:26 pm
- Mike Small considers himself a coach first and a still-competitive player second. Next week, however, those roles may blur a bit as the Illini men’s coach goes after his 12th title in the 94th Illinois PGA Championship at Olympia Fields...
Aug 21 2016 | 9:36 pm
- The longest playoff in the 16-year history of The Legends Tour and the first in the Legends Championship’s four-year run was an epic battle that ended with England’s Trish Johnson taking the title from Juli Inkster.
Aug 20 2016 | 7:13 pm
- Becky Iverson started fast, Juli Inkster finished strong and Trish Johnson’s consistency was critical. In the end they shared the lead after Saturday’s first round of The Legends Championship on the Pete Dye Course at French Lick...
Aug 16 2016 | 11:22 am
- At 45, Nicole Jeray of Berwyn has already cashed checks on all three of the women’s golf tours this year and her biggest pay day could be coming this week at the fourth annual Legends Championship on the Pete Dye Course in French Lick, Ind.
Aug 14 2016 | 10:10 pm
- Ryan Moore “won” the John Deere Classic with his gritty play Saturday. No one really challenged him in Sunday’s final round at TPC Deere Run as he led throughout for a 2-stroke victory over playing partner Ben Martin.
Aug 13 2016 | 9:12 pm
- Ryan Moore, who lipped out his birdie putt on the final green at 8:25 p.m. in near darkness, posted his third straight 65. He’s 18 under par for the 54 holes, but that great scoring is good for only a 1-stroke lead over Ben Martin and Morgan...
Aug 12 2016 | 9:02 pm
- SILVIS, IL — Andrew Loupe and Tom Gillis, two of the players unable to finish their first rounds on Thursday, posted 7-under-par 64s on Friday to claim the 18-hole lead in the rain-delayed John Deere Classic at TPC Deere Run.
Aug 11 2016 | 9:30 pm
- Severe weather halts play on the first day of the John Deere Classic near the Quad Cities.
Aug 10 2016 | 4:58 pm
- While the John Deere Classic doesn’t draw one of the best fields on the PGA Tour, the JDC does have Steve Stricker, and that counts for a lot. Strick is one of five former Illini golfers in the field.