May 17 2016 | 3:59 pm
- The PGA Tour is bringing its secondary circuit back to the Chicago area for the first time since 2008, but things have changed a lot since then. Len Ziehm takes a closer look at the Web.com Tour coming to Ivanhoe Club June 6-12 for the $600,000...
May 12 2016 | 7:30 pm
- Kyle Bauer captured the 65th Illinois PGA Match Play Championship at Kemper Lakes in Kildeer and his win came on a day when all the players had an unusually difficult physical test due to play being delayed by weather all week
May 10 2016 | 2:21 pm
- The collegiate golf season is reaching its climax, and it could go down as one of the best as far as Illinois schools are concerned. Len Ziehm offers a closer look at the strong performance by Illinois men’s golf, and both men’s and...
May 03 2016 | 5:09 pm
- The 65th Match Play Championship gets underway on Monday at Kemper Lakes, and Jim Billiter of the Merit Club will be there to defend his title. Len Ziehm has more in his weekly golf column.
Apr 26 2016 | 1:10 pm
- Golf columnist Len Ziehm has a column on the Big Ten titles won by the University of Illinois men’s team and the Northwestern women’s team, plus the latest on the CDGA tournament season, and the American Junior Golf tournament coming...
Apr 19 2016 | 1:26 pm
- Though this golf season is still young, big things are already happening at some of the public facilities — and not just at Mistwood, which opened a spectacular 27,000-square-foot clubhouse. Two Wheaton facilities — Cantigny and...
Apr 12 2016 | 4:31 pm
- Australia qualified for the UL International Crown team tournament, meaning LPGA veteran Karrie Webb will be returning to the Merit Club, where she won the U.S. Women’s Open in 2000.
Apr 05 2016 | 12:54 pm
- This week marks the 80th playing of the Masters tournament and the 30th anniversary of Jack Nicklaus’ last championship, which Len Ziehm covered. There will never be another one like it.
Mar 29 2016 | 10:48 am
- Wheaton native Kevin Streelman, the only Chicago area player to qualify for next week’s Masters, has had an eventful year already after the birth of his son, Rhett Davis, on March 22. Len Ziehm has more in his golf column.
Mar 09 2016 | 3:34 pm
- Golf columnist Len Ziehm explains why the ever-changing World Golf Hall of Fame in st. Augstine, Florida, should be a regular stop for serious golfers,