Jul 30 2015 | 12:40 pm
- As Rolling Meadows celebrates its 60th year, the Daily Herald is proud to present this list, a shout-out to 60 of the things, present or past, that make the city a great place to live.
Jul 02 2015 | 5:59 am
- An obviously disappointed Mount Prospect Police Chief Timothy Janowick has withdrawn a request that the department be allowed to expand its pool of potential recruits to include permanent residents who are not yet citizens.
Jun 24 2015 | 4:38 pm
- The founder of the Little Boots Rodeo in Elk Grove Village, which is geared to families with younger children, said he expects upward of 4,000 people to attend the event, which runs from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and noon to 6 p.m. Sunday, June...
Jun 24 2015 | 3:45 pm
- Residents of 18 units of an apartment building in Mount Prospect have been displaced by a fire about 9 a.m. Wednesday that did $500,000 damage, fire officials said. The lives of one dog and one cat were lost due to the fire while three cats and two...
Jun 15 2015 | 5:02 pm
- For Long Grove resident Becky Savitt, a Birthright trip to Israel the summer of 2013 when she was 20 was a life-changing experience.
May 07 2015 | 6:28 pm
- Elk Grove Village will spend $500,000 on a six-month advertising campaign to lure businesses to its industrial park. “Elk Grove is going to hit the whole market across the board,”Mayor Craig Johnson said in his state of the village...
Mar 31 2015 | 4:39 pm
- Israeli Ambassador Ron Dermer, recently under fire in some quarters for arranging Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s address to Congress without first informing the Obama administration, received an enthusiastic reception from an audience of...
Dec 29 2014 | 3:54 pm
- From the failure of a $360 million downtown plan for Buffalo Grove, to the starvation death of an infant in Barrington, here's a look at 10 of the biggest news stories of 2014 in the Northwest suburbs.
Nov 21 2014 | 2:18 pm
- Some 34 Great Lakes sailors will find a home away from home Thursday at American Legion Post 690 in Palatine, thanks to the organizing efforts of program chair Cindy Altenbach. “Boot camp is tough,” said Altenbach of the new recruits,...
Jun 28 2014 | 7:00 pm
- A double-decker freight train struck a wood beam hanging down from an overpass Saturday morning near Hinsdale Hospital in Hinsdale, causing Metra delays on the BNSF Line operating from Aurora to Chicago.