Jan 16 2017 | 8:45 am
- Aside from Chicago Bears defensive backs treating the football as if it were a live grenade, they weren’t awful, especially if one considers how many young players were forced into vital roles. But the Bears had just 8 interceptions, and...
Jan 14 2017 | 6:43 pm
- Linebacker was the position that received the most attention last off-season from the Bears. Those additions provided upgrades across the board, but there’s still room for improvement.
Jan 12 2017 | 10:38 pm
- Nw England Patriots lead the way with #Bears and local connections in NFL divisional-round playoff games.
Jan 12 2017 | 7:37 pm
- There are some big “ifs” that will determine what kind of receiving corps the Chicago Bears have in 2017 and how seriously they will address adding help in the off-season. Deciding whether to sign wide receiver Alshon Jeffery to a...
Jan 11 2017 | 10:08 pm
- There’s only one position at which the Chicago Bears can afford to stand pat for next season, and that’s running back, thanks to the emergence of fifth-round draft pick Jordan Howard, who was named to the Pro Bowl on Wednesday.
Jan 10 2017 | 9:50 pm
- Chicago Bears general manager Ryan Pace knows how critical his decisions on the quarterback position will be this off-season. I recognize that the decision that we make on that quarterback is going to be significant for all of us for the direction...
Jan 10 2017 | 6:06 am
- The Bears’ off-season signings of unrestricted free agent inside linebackers Danny Trevathan and Jerrell Freeman created more buzz than their addition of five-year veteran defensive lineman Akiem Hicks. But the 6-foot-5, 336-pound Hicks was...
Jan 08 2017 | 6:30 pm
- The criticism of the Bears’ offensive line, and specifically the tackles, was unwarranted given their play in 2016. The O-line could turn out to be a team strength next season.
Jan 05 2017 | 6:07 pm
- Here’s a glance at this weekend’s NFL wild-card playoff games, along with the local connections involved.
Jan 04 2017 | 6:50 pm
- Bears chairman George McCaskey admits he’s impatient, so his satisfaction with the 9-23 record that G.M. Ryan Pace has presided over is surprising.