May 01 2016 | 10:40 pm
- The Bears’ NFC North foes all addressed needs in the draft and each selected at least one Chicago-area product.
May 01 2016 | 6:28 pm
- One day after drafting three safeties, the Bears cut veteran safety Antrel Rolle, who made a guaranteed $4.9 million last season but missed nine games with injuries and did not distinguish himself when he was on the field. The Bears also released...
Apr 30 2016 | 8:30 pm
- Bears draft Indiana’s bruising running Jordan Howard in the fifth round before adding more help in the secondary with William & Mary’s DeAndre Houston-Carson in the sixth round. They rounded out the draft with Western Michigan slot...
Apr 30 2016 | 3:52 pm
- Armed with a trio of fourth-round picks in a draft he and his staff considered deep in talent, Bears general manager Ryan Pace went back to work Saturday on the job of rebuilding a defense in need of play-makers, taking West Virginia inside...
Apr 30 2016 | 8:30 pm
- The Bears added players through the draft that coach John Fox considers “throwbacks” because of their toughness and dependabiluty and, while they did not draft a quarterback, they signed one Saturday, agreeing to terms with journeyman...
Apr 27 2016 | 10:50 pm
- Outside linebackers who can get after the quarterback, including Georgia’s Leonard Floyd, are high on the Bears’ wish list this year’s draft, which begins Thursday night with Round One and continues through Saturday.
Apr 30 2016 | 3:56 pm
- After tradng down twice in the second round, the Bears took Kansas State guard Cody Whitehair. He’s considered by many draft analysts to be the top guard in this year’s class.
Apr 29 2016 | 5:33 am
- There's plenty of talent left on both sides of the ball in Bears areas of need for Rounds 2 and 3 Friday.
Apr 29 2016 | 6:51 pm
- Bears first-round pick Leonard Floyd is a small-town guy with big-time pass-rush ability who says the Bears will be a great fit for him.
Apr 29 2016 | 12:19 am
- With the the ninth overall draft pick in Thursday night's first round, the Bears selected Georgia linebacker Leonard Floyd, who possesses the pass-rush skills that could translate to double-digit sacks in the NFL. The Bears traded a 4th-round pick,...