Dec 09 2016 | 6:14 pm
- The Bears’ defense face a major challenge Sunday in Lions quarterback Matt Stafford. His 100.5 passer rating is 14 points higher than his career mark, and he’s been mentioned frequently as an MVP candidate and the key in the...
Dec 08 2016 | 5:45 pm
- Last week, QB Matt Barkley up his first NFL win in the Bears’ 26-6 victory over the San Francisco 49ers. This week Barkley takes his show on the road for the first time as a starter, as the 3-9 Bears face the 8-4 Lions at Detroit’s...
Dec 08 2016 | 7:05 pm
- In each of the Bears’ last two victories, they were without starting guards Kyle Long and Josh Sitton, both of whom have been voted to the Pro Bowl three times. Yet with Eric Kush at left guard and Ted Larsen at right guard, the Bears upset...
Dec 07 2016 | 7:06 pm
- Bears defensive coordinator Vic Fangio repeatedly denied a story quoting unnamed sources who said he would not be back next year.
Dec 07 2016 | 6:40 pm
- The Bears knew in the off-season when they signed unrestricted free agent Akiem Hicks for $10 million over two years they were getting a player who would immediately upgrade their run defense. But they’ve also gotten a player who has made an...
Dec 05 2016 | 6:30 pm
- Of the many young Bears who have gotten opportunities this season and provided hope for the future, rookie outside linebacker Leonard Floyd might be the most promising. His 2 sacks in Sunday’s victory over the 49ers, including 1 for a safety,...
Dec 05 2016 | 7:12 pm
- In his third NFL start Sunday, rookie inside linebacker Nick Kwiatkoski led the Bears with 9 solo tackles, including 2 for lost yardage, according to pressbox statistics. He also was credited with 2 pass breakups.
Dec 04 2016 | 6:03 pm
- After a slow start, when it looked as if both teams were playing to get a higher draft choice, the Bears and QB Matt Barkley rolled over the 49ers at snowy Soldier Field.
Dec 03 2016 | 7:05 pm
- Jay Cutler’s eight-year run as the Bears’ quarterback may be over, but it’s worth a look back at the highs and lows, and there were plenty of both.
Dec 04 2016 | 6:49 pm
- A testament to the Bears offensive line and rookie running back Jordan Howard was their ability to successfully pound the ball on the ground even when the 49ers knew it was coming.