Eighteen men were arrested last month as part of a police campaign against prostitution in Lake County, authorities announced Thursday.
The arrests, involving the Lake County sheriff's gang task force, Gurnee police and Waukegan police, occurred in Waukegan and Gurnee. Police targeted people trying to hire prostitutes using an unspecified classified advertising website, according to a news release from the Lake County sheriff's office.
When the suspects arrived and offered money to undercover officers for sex, they were arrested.
Charged with misdemeanor solicitation of a sexual act were:
• David Brown, 56, of the 1900 block of Channel Beach Avenue, Johnsburg.
• Shawn M. Bashir, 31, of the 9300 block of Ashworth Drive, Verona, Wisconsin.
• Kevin C. Harang, 57, of the 30000 block of North Waukegan Road, Lake Bluff.
• Daniel K. Ilahi, 35, of the 3000 block of West Grandville Avenue, Waukegan.
• Evodio Rangel-Rodriguez, 33, of the 200 block of Shadydell Avenue, Mundelein.
• Thomas L. Kovach, 57, of the 2600 block of West Ashbrook Lane, Muncie, Indiana.
• Rodolfo Aguiar-Ron, 45, of the 1800 block of Galilee Avenue, Zion.
• Terrence P. Gallagher Jr., 29, of the 100 block of Rand Road, Lakemoor.
• Idilfonso Roman-Albarran, 39, of the 400 block of Old County Way, Wauconda.
• Edas N. Romero-Chinchilla, 25, of the 2100 block of Mohican Drive, Round Lake Heights.
• Miguel A. Alcala, 26, of the 2700 block of Elizabeth Avenue, Zion.
• Antonio Martinez, 33, of the 300 block of Mozart Lane, Volo.
• Irak Diaz-Gasca, 25, of the 37700 block of North Lake Crest Street, Beach Park.
• Willie B. Coker Jr., 47 of the 10200 block of West Crissy Avenue, Beach Park.
• Derrick L. Coleman, 52, of the 2100 block of Joppa Avenue, Zion.
• Pedro C. Becerra-Cordoba, 39, of the 1900 block of Lotus Drive, Round Lake Heights.
• Jaroslaw Serafin, 47, of the 1900 block of Marsh Meadow Lane, Round Lake.
• Adolfo Tiliano-Moreno, 30, of the 800 block of Cambridge Drive, Grayslake.