• Vincent A. Perna, 24, of the 200 block of Ellington Court, and Erik A. Leon, 23, of the 800 block of Chasewood Drive, both from South Elgin, were charged with street racing and speeding at 2:03 a.m. May 10 in the 100 block of North Randall Road, police said.
• Six cases of OSI window sealant, a roll of aluminum coil and a box of coil nails were stolen out of a house under construction between 7 a.m. May 11 and 8:25 a.m. May 12 in the 1300 block of Cooper Lane, police said.
• A PlayStation 3 game console, a Dell laptop computer, a $50 bill, $24 worth of collectible coins, an iPad and 180 prescription pills were stolen out of a home in the 800 block of Foxwood Circle, it was a reported at 3:30 p.m. May 5, police said.
• Andrew W. Helmick, 19, of the 800 block of Hamlet Street, was charged with domestic battery and assault at 10:19 a.m. May 2 in the 2900 block of Husking Peg Lane, police said. He is accused of nearly closing a door on a woman's face, pushing her against a wall after she pushed away from him, putting his hands around her throat, then threatening to punch her.
• Sheila L. Scott, 51, of the 1100 block of Grand Boulevard, Aurora, was charged with felony retail theft at 3:33 p.m. May 13 at Wal-Mart, 801 N. Randall Road, police said. She was also charged with obstruction of justice. Police also charged Derrick A. Gipson, 22, of the 1000 block of Jericho Road, Aurora, with retail theft.
• Matthew R. Grote, 23, of the 1400 block of Stonebridge Trail, Wheaton, was charged with felony retail theft at 9:26 p.m. May 11 at Kohl's, 251 N. Randall Road, police said.
• Dylan P. Foster, 21, of the 1200 block of Coldspring Road, Carol Stream, was charged with felony aggravated DUI, driving while license suspended, and failure to reduce speed after he crashed his vehicle into a field at about 9:55 p.m. Monday on the 6N400 block of Ridgewood Lane near St. Charles, according to a sheriff's report.