Police officers from Gilberts and Park Ridge and a teacher's aide from Deer Park are among the suburban contestants who will appear on "Wheel of Fortune" next week.
The game show will feature Chicago as part of its "Great American Cities" tour, with Chicago area contestants and a set made with the skyline, Wrigley Field and a moving replica of the el.
'Wheel of Fortune'See it at 6:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, May 15-19, on ABC 7.
The contestants from the Northwest suburbs are:
• Glen Czernik of Park Ridge.
• Elizabeth Miller of Deer Park.
• Todd Davidson of Barrington.
• Joanne Rohrer of Oakwood Hills, a teacher at Prairie Grove Elementary School in Crystal Lake
• Brandon Theodore of Addison.
• Stephanie Castle of Lombard.
• David Kruse of Bloomingdale.
• Michelle Defer of Gilberts.
The episodes were filmed last May. During the tapings, the show's Pat Sajak, a Chicago native, and Vanna White were spotted on social media taking a Chicago River cruise, eating at Superdawg and posing at Buckingham Fountain.
To find the contestants, the Wheelmobile, the show's promotional vehicle, held events at Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont. The final auditions were then held in the city.
The episodes will air at 6:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, May 15-19, on ABC 7.